Reworked "Demod Admiral Anthrax" poll with both sides of the story

Posted by Admiral Anthrax

Before you vote, realize that Sabredog is coming from a very biased point of view.

Here is what I did.

First of all, the post of mine that Majesty deleted, whether he wants to admit it or not, was obviously because he wanted to get under my skin. It was in the Lit board for last book you read - the categories were title, author, genre, how far along you were, and how the story is so far. I only filled out title and author, so Majesty saw fit to delete my post. I told him in PM's that if he abused his power in similar fashion again, I would do all I can to get him demodded. I also deleted his posts in that particular thread to show him not to mess with me. Future post deletions of his were either because his posts were spammy or flamey, but mostly because he didn't get the hint not to mess with me the first time.

Second of all, the original complaint thread was over an avatar that some people thought were inappropriate. Long after the issue was settled, people were STILL biting at each other in the thread, so I saw fit to lock it. A complaint number 2 thread was made by Draxamus, simply to complain about what a power abuser I am because I locked his thread. As far as I remember, I deleted the first complaint thread later because it was unlocked again. I went back and forth with him, his friends, and wonderful rainbow (who was previously banned as louder than a bomb) for awhile, before finally deleting the thread and banning wonderful rainbow. Why? It was obviously only made to flame and snipe at me for closing a thread. He kept coming back under other names as well, in an effort to get me demodded.

Complaint 3 was posted by Netman, as a Drax repost. Complaint 4 was another thread by wonderful rainbow or whatever other name he used. Because WR was only registered to snipe at me, I deleted it and banned him again.

---------------------------------------------------------------------

Looking back, I probably shouldn't have deleted Maj's posts in the other threads - let others see his idiocy for themselves. I wouldn't have deleted Complaint 1 if I knew Jesse had such an attachment to it, but there was no reason for it to live. All else that I did, considering the situation that spurred it, I stand by. And yes, I've done some stupid crap in the past, which I feel should have no bearing on my record as a super moderator, because it is in the past. I have also consistantly been one of the best moderators when it came to keeping VGC in line, and on at least one occasion, I have almost singlehandledly saved the boards from hell.

Demod me if you will. If I am demodded, then honestly, this place doesn't deserve me as a moderator, and I'll gladly watch it die. Self-defense against jealous pricks is no reason for demoderation.

Here is Sabredog's side of the story:

[quote]Admiral Anthrax has been a naughty boy. =)

CASE AT HAND:
Majesty deleted Admiral Anthrax's post because he didn't follow thread standards. Majesty was unaware of the regulation that super moderators weren't allowed to have their posts deleted, as the thread stating it was removed long before he was able to view the mod board. As opposed to informing him, however, Mr Thrax decided to delete all of Majesty's perfectly valid posts in the thread, before proceeding to follow thread standard. We know that AA and Majesty don't get along very well, so we can assume that if it were a friend he would have lightly informed - but we cannot really conclude that for certain.

However, it looks like good ol' Fred wasn't done yet.

Using the fact that this post contained the words "Admiral Assdragon" as an excuse, when it doesn't even constitiute a flame, and even if it did, it was in a board where flames are considered acceptable. And, he'd been doing this all over. It looks, however, as though PowerPhreakPhreddy had an absolutely SOLID defence lined up!

[quote=Admiral Anthrax]The post delete was to **** him off. I just wanted an excuse. :rolleyes:
AND WHAT AN EXCUSE IT IS, TOO, PHRED.

Now, this all adds to an absolutely IMPECCABLE track record of super moderation. See, as of late, Admiral Anthrax has enjoyed deleting complaints in the complaints board. BUT LET US DIG DEEPER. By some remarkable coincidence, these have all been threads which complain about him. Selective moderation at its finest, guys. Draxamus and wonderful rainbow have both had a number of their complaints removed - I believe the tally is five or upwards, now.

So, let's add this to another less than perfect track record, involving mass pruning speedy's blog, and almost getting demoderated for it, and deleting netman and Altinure's posts with no precedent other than speaking in netspeak, and it's pretty clear that we have a stubborn power-abuser that doesn't learn from his mistakes on our hands. Someone of such a disposition shouldn't be allowed to remain a super mod.

rep please

Posted by sabre

Now now, no need to remove a thread just because you're losing. People can quite easily say "please change my vote to, in light of this post by Admiral Anthrax" and what have you, but no. You'd rather remove the poll because you're losing. That's another strike for power abuse Freddy! Oh, let's not forget, deleting a super mod's thread, which you yourself said is against the rules. That makes two.

[quote=Admiral Anthrax]Self-defense against jealous pricks is no reason for demoderation.Jealousy of what, precisely? Your astounding ability to feel no remorse when abusing your power!?

Actually, Sabre, I simply made it easier for voters so they could vote again. Stop being such a wart.

Oh, and I reposted your entire post, so I really don't think that counts. But I guess you don't mind your bias showing.

Posted by sabre

You see, the thing is, when most people feel they have something new to add to a thread, they just make a post inside the thread; they don't scrap the entire thing and repost it with a quote of the first post. Anyone who HASN'T changed their vote (four out of four, so far) actually has to vote again, so I don't know what you're trying to do with that flimsy cover.

Exactly what I said I was trying to do. Why don't you quit trying to find a hidden meaning in everything? You'd make a terrible shrink.

Posted by Klarth

You will still lose this thread.

What's more is that it was stated that you were to be removed regardless if you deleted the thread. Die.

Posted by Jesse Smith

:::I wouldn't have deleted Complaint 1 if I knew Jesse had such an attachment to it

But, but, but... You know I like seeing World Wars!!!! That was a BIG war!!!! We need them every so often!!! They help keep the site from being dole and boaring!!! It creates excitment. War can be good!!!!!

Quoting Majesty: You will still lose this thread.

What's more is that it was stated that you were to be removed regardless if you deleted the thread. Die.

Stated by who? You? Thanks, but remind me when your opinion started mattering.

Posted by Klarth

My opinion shows up in a poll in the moderator board, so as far as I'm concerned everyone's opinion matters here.

Dick.

Posted by Hyper

I'm pretty sure everyone's opinion matters if they voted. Each vote brings you closer to being demodded or farther away from it, so you should care.

Posted by Raptor

I say demod. It will most likely do VGC some good, as things will start becoming a little more 'fair' around here, and probably do AA some good as well, as he truly seems to have taken his power for granted over the years.

Quoting Admiral Anthrax:
Demod me if you will. If I am demodded, then honestly, this place doesn't deserve me as a moderator, and I'll gladly watch it die.

And as a footnote, this sort of in-your-face arrogance does get fairly tiresome after awhile.

Posted by Skitzo Control

AA, do you not realize that you are still abusing your powers? You said so yourself, you did it to show him not to mess with you. That's not what a mod does! You moderate and delete posts that break rules, not because you want to show somebody who's boss. Well, with your demoderation imminent, WHO'S THE BOSS NOW?! (Sorry... I just had to.)

Posted by Altinure

i tried giving him a second chance to, i don't know, be civil for once, but he just can't seem to do that. and then all of this stuff is just going way too far. supermods don't need to be arrogant, like he is.

Quoting Majesty: My opinion shows up in a poll in the moderator board, so as far as I'm concerned everyone's opinion matters here.

Dick.

Real mature of you.

Oh well. Jesse, demod me. The sooner you do, the sooner I can get started in my e-entrepreneurships that will put your amazon sites out of business. ;)

Quoting Altinure: i tried giving him a second chance to, i don't know, be civil for once, but he just can't seem to do that.

You... did notice me defending you in your "professor loled" thread, right?

Posted by Altinure

oh, no, i didn't sorry. i really don't have a big of a problem with you as i used to. these recent things you've done just don't seem like something a supermod should be doing.

I've been getting sick of the supermod business on a board with these stupid clowns as moderators, and over the last week, I've been considering resigning and letting the board die under the thumb of these dorks. I have ebusinesses I need to get started, and other stuff to take care of as well, and I am enjoying other boards more than this one.

Posted by Skitzo Control

Utter bull****, AA. That's all I have to say about your above story.

Posted by Hyper

Then why did you vote against getting demodded if you were considering resigning anyway? If you have all this other stuff to do I don't see why you're concerned about staying a mod here.

Posted by Vampnagel P. Wingpire

When all hope is lost, excuses are made.

Posted by Alastor

Quoting Admiral Anthrax: I've been getting sick of the supermod business on a board with these stupid clowns as moderators, and over the last week, I've been considering resigning and letting the board die under the thumb of these dorks. I have ebusinesses I need to get started, and other stuff to take care of as well, and I am enjoying other boards more than this one.

That's just...man...
Are you even trying anymore? :(

Posted by Kodachi

Quoting Admiral Anthrax: I also deleted his posts in that particular thread to show him not to mess with me. Future post deletions of his were either because his posts were spammy or flamey, but mostly because he didn't get the hint not to mess with me the first time.

Was that necessary? Doesn't that just put yourself at the level you think he is at? In which case, if you wanted him demodded, you would deserve that same punishment.

Posted by Hyper

Quoting Angelwing: When all hope is lost, excuses are made.

Exactly what my first thought was.

Posted by Big Boss

AA has been acting the same way he has always acted since I've been here. Yes, I don't agree with how he chooses to handle a situation most of the time, but if I had a big problem with it I would've said it from the beginning... and not wait until it became "popular" to vote him off.

He's the only guy in the super mod list that's still up there since I turned one myself, and I've seen no change in him. The occasional power abuse comes with strict moderation in his case... it's a packaged deal, like each one of us are, and since not all of us shared his traits (we each have our own pros and cons), I never worried about it.

So, I vote him to stay, even though he's likely to leave.

Posted by G-Sides

O GNOZ DONT LEEV DA BORDZ WILL DY!!!!
:-\

Posted by Jesse Smith

Quoting Admiral Anthrax: Oh well. Jesse, demod me.

But, but, but... You are the best Super mod we have ever had!!!!!! Pze no go!!! We need u!!! *Is crushed that some one might be de-moded by days end!!!*

Quoting Admiral Anthrax: The sooner you do, the sooner I can get started in my e-entrepreneurships that will put your amazon sites out of business. ;)

er, you got one BIG downside!!! I got nine years experience doing this stuff!!! You got a LONG ways to go!!!!

Posted by coromoro

Bah, and I was preparing a thread for this. :(

[quote]It took courage, but I feel this would improve the board. Most of what AA has done lately has not been too good for VGC lately. In fact, I think the board has downgraded.

Some of the things AA has done:

1. He deleted Altinure's and netman's posts.
It was a long time ago, but I do not think this was reasonable. All netman and Altinure did was joke around, and if I remember correctly, AA was the one who said that "Moderators/Super-Moderators may not delete other Moderators/Super-Moderators posts."

2. He deleted Speedfreak's blog.
Speedfreak repeatedly insulted AA on an AIM conversation, so AA decided it would be best to delete his blog. AA should have simply settled his problems on his own, not on VGC.

3. He deleted some of Majesty's posts in Literature and Fan Fiction.
There was a thread where you would fill in a few blanks on what you were currently reading. AA posted in it with only filling two of the blanks, which should be considered as spam. Majesty deleted that one post, and AA decided to delete all of Majesty's posts in that thread. Again, AA was the one who said, "Moderators/Super-Moderators may not delete other Moderators/Super-Moderators posts."

4. He deleted Majesty's thread.
Majesty made a thread on this board on what AA had previously done. AA deleted it, since it talked badly of him. Luckily, Majesty saved his post, because he knew AA would deleted, so he [url=http://vgchat.com/showthread.php?t=1606]re-posted[/url] it.

5. He has repeatedly deleted Majesty's posts.
Ever since Majesty's and AA's discussion, AA has repeatedly deleted his posts, only for revenge, I assume ([url=http://vgchat.com/showthread.php?t=1767]URL[/url]). Once again, "Moderators/Super-Moderators may not delete other Moderators/Super-Moderators posts."

6. He deleted Draxamus' thread, when it could have been closed instead.
Remember the thread Drax made about his avatar? AA physically deleted it. It could have perfectly been closed instead.

7. Deleted another of Drax's threads.
Drax made a thread on how AA had deleted his perfectly fine thread, and AA deleted it only because it talked badly about him.

This, simply put, is getting ridiculous, and these are only few of the things AA has done. VGC would be better off without AA as a moderator.

Demod, plz.

Quoting Hyper: Then why did you vote against getting demodded if you were considering resigning anyway? If you have all this other stuff to do I don't see why you're concerned about staying a mod here.

For the hell of it.

The inmates now run the asylum.

:rolleyes:

Posted by Jesse Smith

But, but, but... u r a good mod!! U r the best 1 we ever had!!!!

Then overrule them and don't demod me. :P Not that it will make much difference anyways, but I'll at least stop by from time to time if I'm not demodded. If I'm demodded, I'm done with VGC.

Posted by Skitzo Control

Whether you got demodded today for abuse of power, or later for not upholding your duties, you'd be gone. I don't see why you're still here pleading your case when you're supposed to be so busy with your e-business.

Posted by Klarth

He's lost the poll already. Please put him in a blender and de-mod him now.

Posted by Jesse Smith

Quoting Admiral Anthrax: If I'm demodded, I'm done with VGC.

But, but, but... Don't punish me!! I was ALWAYS on your side!!!!!!!!!! Punish those that voted to de-mod you. ie don't go to GameOver.

Then again, they always come back!!!!!!!!!!!

Posted by Klarth

Well, looks like we've won. Yay. :)

And as for Game Over, I banned him for what he would think of as a very good reason.