Virtual Console Update!

Posted by Aioros

[COLOR="Yellow"][URL="http://wii.ign.com/articles/744/744751p1.html"]http://wii.ign.com/articles/744/744751p1.html[/URL]

Can't wait to play Kid Icarus and Ice Climbers for the first time. Also Super Mario RPG (which i already own) has been added to the list which makes the possibility of Geno appearing on the new Smash Bros a little closer to reality.[/COLOR]

Posted by Proto Man

Out of those, I will probably get SMRPG as it seems to elude me on eBay.

Posted by Bebop

Starfox and Mario RPG. Get in.

Posted by Zeta

**** yes. SM and KD3. Exactly what I wanted. <3

Posted by maian

Ah, there's a better list. MK64, SMRPG, KSS, and Super Metroid are instant buys.

Posted by TendoAddict

Im glad to see kirby super star up their because it was probably the best kirby game and its hard to find.

Star Fox 64 will also be a must.

(p.s, does anyone know if nintendo said you would get VC points for buying games?)

Posted by Aioros

Quoting TendoAddict: Im glad to see kirby super star up their because it was probably the best kirby game and its hard to find.

[COLOR="Yellow"]I have it, it is a great game. As a matter of fact, i feel like playing it right now. . .[/COLOR]

Posted by Speedfreak

Please please please let the list be the same for Europe.

Posted by Proto Man

Quoting Speedfreak: Please please please let the list be the same for Europe.

Well, I forget. Is the VC going to be region free? I read somewhere that they were thinking about letting people download from world wide servers (ie. Europe downloads from US servers, and US download from Japanese server ETC...). I wasn't sure if Ninty canned this idea or not.

Posted by Bebop

The VC doesnt work like that. Each area has its on specific store with specific games. For instance Europe gets Donkey Kong Country first but Japan launhes with contra.

Posted by Speedfreak

The lists are different, each region gets that version of the game. For example, Starfox 64 will still be called Lylat Wars on VC in Europe. This doesn't cover games that didn't come out in certain regions, so we don't know if EU will get Mario RPG or if America will get Terranigma.

Posted by Proto Man

Quoting Speedfreak: The lists are different, each region gets that version of the game. For example, Starfox 64 will still be called Lylat Wars on VC in Europe. This doesn't cover games that didn't come out in certain regions, so we don't know if EU will get Mario RPG or if America will get Terranigma.

I don't see why they wouldn't allow something like that to happen. I mean come on, it's been a little over 10 years since some of these games have been released. So it shouldn't really matter.

Posted by muffla

im afraid i might go poor on the vc :(

i would like to see starfox with the wiimote
i wanna play contra cuz ive never played any body know when games start to cross borders?

long live the wii!!!!!!!!

Posted by Proto Man

[URL="http://www.computerandvideogames.com:80/article.php?id=149023"]Here[/URL] is just about everything you wanted to know about the VC.

I myself am not too happy with what's going down. It's enough to make me consider NOT buying anything from the VC.

Although I am somewhat excited to know that you can fit about 1000 NES games on a 1 GB SD card. :)

Posted by Bebop

FFS now Wii dont solve frame rate problems. What the hell?

Posted by Speedfreak

No, it won't solve slowdown problems in 3D games. SNES emulators on PC don't even solve that. It'll still probably improve framerates in 3D games.

Posted by Anti-Muffla

Quoting muffla: im afraid i might go poor on the vc :(

i would like to see starfox with the wiimote
i wanna play contra cuz ive never played any body know when games start to cross borders?

long live the wii!!!!!!!!

shut up muffla. long live the ps3. its been out for longer and its gunna get more sales in europe. u dumb butt. get with the program.