Gears of War on PS2

Posted by Speedfreak

Lookie, there's a game called Kill.Switch that plays IDENTICALLY to Gears of War.

Oh except this is outdated trash because the graphics and AI of 2003 don't cut it these days.

[URL="http://youtube.com/watch?v=tiEXrvhjA9M"]http://youtube.com/watch?v=tiEXrvhjA9M[/URL]

Ignore the crappy music, it's a fan made music video. The the best video I could find because it has the most gameplay footage.

Posted by Bebop

Rammstein suck

Looks cheesey too

Posted by Fate

Maybe it only appears to play the same, like comparing all of today's war games and saying they're all the same. The reviews were pretty average on that game. My guess is that it just didn't have a good gameplay setup for the hours of play needed to complete the game.

Posted by Bebop

They seem to play pretty similar to me. You hide behind stuff and shoot. Maybe its over simplifing. Maybe not.

Posted by Aioros

[COLOR="Yellow"]Not only are you comparing a next-gen game to a previous-gen game. But this game also came out more than 3 years ago and for the Xbox, PC, and even Game Boy Advance lol. What's your point? That Gears of War is a rip-off? Or that a 2003 PS2 game doesn't look as good as a 2006 next-gen game? Wow, point made laddy!

What's the point of this thread?[/COLOR]

Posted by Klarth

[quote=Aioros]Not only are you comparing a next-gen game to a previous-gen game
Meaning what?

Posted by Aioros

Quoting Klarth: Meaning what?

[COLOR="Yellow"]I don't know, that's what i'm trying to find out. Ask Speedfreak, lol.[/COLOR]

Posted by Bebop

Wait, so Speedy cant say it is simialr to an older game? You might want to read some of your own posts.

Posted by Aioros

[COLOR="Yellow"]Of course he can retard.

But what's the point of making a whole thread just to make fun of a game from 2003 because it doesn't look as good as one from 2006?

BTW, what's it feel like to be a bigot?[/COLOR]

Posted by Bebop

I'm a bigot because.....I don't like Rammestein? Lol ok Pedro.

Posted by Aioros

Quoting Bebop: It was a serious comment you spanish turd thief.

[COLOR="Yellow"]Heh, deleted post comes back to haunt you, lol.[/COLOR]

Posted by Fate

Paul, the reason this thread was made is because Speedy doesn't like the fact that Red Steel was rated 8.5, a game I assume he expected to get higher or something along those lines. He says that a game (Red Steel) that tries something new got lower scores than a "generic shooter" like Gears of War, rumored to be given a near perfect score in EGM. He's making a correlation between games that he thinks play exactly alike but have wildly different scores. I pretty much implied that no matter how games can be alike, it's the chemistry of every working feature in a game that makes each experience different.

Stop with the racism and/or bigotry, Bebop.

Posted by Bebop

Quoting Aioros: [COLOR="Yellow"]Heh, deleted post comes back to haunt you, lol.[/COLOR]

I'm a bigot becasue you're Spanish and steal poo? Ok. I'm done arguing with someone as retarded as you. Go smack a pinata.

Posted by Speedfreak

[quote=Fate][COLOR=skyblue]Paul, the reason this thread was made is because Speedy doesn't like the fact that Red Steel was rated 8.5, a game I assume he expected to get higher or something along those lines. He says that a game (Red Steel) that tries something new got lower scores than a "generic shooter" like Gears of War, rumored to be given a near perfect score in EGM. He's making a correlation between games that he thinks play exactly alike but have wildly different scores. I pretty much implied that no matter how games can be alike, it's the chemistry of every working feature in a game that makes each experience different.

Stop with the racism and/or bigotry, Bebop.[/COLOR]

Wrong.

I don't like the fact that Gears of War got 10/10 in so many magazines when it's a totally unoriginal shooter from the king of unoriginal games, Epic. I'm annoyed by the fact that I just know, somehow, that 1up and EGM will find their way to rating Zelda less than 10/10 despite the advances in arguably the best installment of the worlds most highly rated franchise.

This thread makes fun of those critics, it shows they'll rate anything highly as long as it has a lot of hype and has great graphics. EGM and 1up are a joke.

I was annoyed further by one of EGMs reviewers giving arguably the most innovative FPS since Half-Life five out of ten, despite all the extremely positive previews of the past 3 months. I made up my mind about EGM with their Gears review, this only confirms their total bias.

I'm annoyed that games journalism has come to this. No matter how unoriginal a game is, if it's shiny it gets high scores. No matter how absolutely novel, interesting and refreshing a game is, if it isn't as polished as a standard template that's existed for over ten f[COLOR=lightgreen]u[/COLOR]cking years then it deserves to be cast into the pit of mediocrity.

F[COLOR=lightgreen]u[/COLOR]ck EGM.

Posted by Big Boss

They liked the game an awful lot, so they gave it a high score. End of story.

Posted by Aioros

Quoting Speedfreak: I don't like the fact that Gears of War got 10/10 in so many magazines when it's a totally unoriginal shooter from the king of unoriginal games, Epic. I'm annoyed by the fact that I just know, somehow, that 1up and EGM will find their way to rating Zelda less than 10/10 despite the advances in arguably the best installment of the worlds most highly rated franchise.

[COLOR="Yellow"]Does a game have to be original to be deserving of a perfect of near perfect score? The Wind Waker was anything but original and added basically nothing new to the series, but it was a great game nonetheless and deserving of of the 90% and above ratings it got. I haven't played GoW yet and with FPS's being one of my least favorite genres i should be one of the last people to support it and its rating. But if so many critics agree on the same level that it deserves that score then maybe it does deserve it.[/COLOR]

Posted by Speedfreak

Does a game have to be absolutely rid of imperfections to be perfect? Yes. Is being a ripoff a major imperfection? Yes.

Wind Waker was different to other Zelda games and didn't get a perfect score anyway. Gears is identical to KILL.SWITCH and did get perfect scores. There's a crucial difference there.

Critics agreed on Halo 2, but that doesn't stop it from being the most overrated game of all time. There's probably less than a thousand professional game critics on the planet, at least less than that in the 3 major markets. Their opinions are insignificant compared to the opinions of the people that actually buy the games. Sales might not be an indication of quality, but I don't think the opinions of a small group of people lucky enough to be paid to review games are the be all and end all either.

Posted by Pit

Spoilers: Gears of War is a really good game.

Posted by Aioros

Quoting Pit: Spoilers: Gears of War is a really good game.

[COLOR="Yellow"]Oh!

See now i get it.[/COLOR]

Posted by Big Boss

Quoting Aioros: [COLOR="Yellow"]But if so many critics agree on the same level that it deserves that score then maybe it does deserve it.[/COLOR]

No, it's easier to believe they all fell for the "hype" than believing they just liked the game (LOL!). Otherwise, they'd have nothing to argue about in this thread! Or, it could be just about Wii games (supposedly) not getting such good review scores in EGM, which does not sit well in these parts. All opinions must be equal!!!

And what's with the two MK:A names!? That's crazy! I got MK:A last week, special edition too, and I'll be playing it along with Collector's FFXII and MLB once I finish my 100+ quest in Okami.

Posted by Pit

Quoting Speedfreak: Wrong.

I don't like the fact that Gears of War got 10/10 in so many magazines when it's a totally unoriginal shooter from the king of unoriginal games, Epic. I'm annoyed by the fact that I just know, somehow, that 1up and EGM will find their way to rating Zelda less than 10/10 despite the advances in arguably the best installment of the worlds most highly rated franchise.

This thread makes fun of those critics, it shows they'll rate anything highly as long as it has a lot of hype and has great graphics. EGM and 1up are a joke.

I was annoyed further by one of EGMs reviewers giving arguably the most innovative FPS since Half-Life five out of ten, despite all the extremely positive previews of the past 3 months. I made up my mind about EGM with their Gears review, this only confirms their total bias.

I'm annoyed that games journalism has come to this. No matter how unoriginal a game is, if it's shiny it gets high scores. No matter how absolutely novel, interesting and refreshing a game is, if it isn't as polished as a standard template that's existed for over ten f[COLOR=lightgreen]u[/COLOR]cking years then it deserves to be cast into the pit of mediocrity.

F[COLOR=lightgreen]u[/COLOR]ck EGM.

See, but that can't be a basis for an arguement, Speedy.

Just because you say "they shoulda given Red Steel a higher score cause it's practically the same as Gears of War" is childish and irrelevant.

I mean, we've been having console shooters time after time. The fact that Gears of War plays so amazingly well and looks just as good as it plays and has hardly any gameplay flaws and is practically perfect, well deserves an amazing score.

But Red Steel on the other hand, from what I've read, wasn't shaping up to be the Killer App for the Wii. They even said it had flaws from hands on impressions that it was flawed. Just because something is original and innovative, new way to play, doesn't mean it's gonna be good. Sure it can pave a way for new FPS's, to maybe refer back to it an improve on it, but to give a game a high score just because it's original, but will control like crap isn't deserving of a high score.

Posted by Big Boss

Quoting Pit: But Red Steel on the other hand, from what I've read, wasn't shaping up to be the Killer App for the Wii. They even said it had flaws from hands on impressions that it was flawed.

And that, my friends, is an understatement of the word on Red Steel from hands-on impressions. Sadly, though with less negativity, Zelda hands-on impressions haven't been stellar for the Wii, but that's another topic entirely. A game not built for the Wii from the ground-up will not be the console's best game... but that's a topic for another time.

Posted by Pit

lol I said it was flawed twice in there woosh!

understatement: truth, which is why Red Steel isn't on my list of must get Wii games.

Posted by Aioros

Quoting Big Boss: And what's with the two MK:A names!? That's crazy! I got MK:A last week, special edition too, and I'll be playing it along with Collector's FFXII and MLB once I finish my 100+ quest in Okami.[/color][/font]

[COLOR="Yellow"]Cool, finally. Hey, let me know when you're gonna be on MKA so i can kick your a[COLOR="Yellow"]s[/COLOR]s with Kung Lao, k?[/COLOR]

Posted by Pit

Scorpion > All.

Posted by Big Boss

Quoting Pit: lol I said it was flawed twice in there woosh!

Twice isn't enough!

But Pit is right, Scorpion is the best, even if I've done my best to make other characters better. Hopefully in MK:A he hasn't changed much.

Woah, but let's not get off topic. We're talking about how all reviewers have mutually agreed to give Gears a high score/ have been drugged by Epic and Microsoft/ is a conspiracy to take out the Wii from the media. *Ahem* Don't let me stop you.

Posted by Shade

[quote=Gamespot]Stellar graphics reset the bar for what consoles can do visually; great soundtrack and killer sound effects; satisfying gameplay in single-player mode; very addictive online play; best use of a chainsaw in any game, ever.

This isn't the first time that taking cover has been a focus of gameplay--the mechanics work very similarly to a fairly obscure PlayStation 2 game from Namco called kill.switch. But no game has made this sort of gameplay quite so exciting. One of the greatest feelings in this game is that when you pop out to take a shot, you immediately feel like you're taking your life into your own hands, because the enemy is very good at opening fire the second they see you and you'll see those bullets heading your way. This formula remains thrilling from start to finish, though boss fights and a pretty neat vehicle section help to break up the action.

While there have certainly been plenty of similar shooters before it, the game's great weapons, amazing graphics, and absolutely thrilling action make it stand out from the pack in a big, big way.

There ya have it.

Posted by TendoAddict

Quoting Big Boss]
[/color]

You keep throwing around that they "liked" the game, and thats why they rated it 10/10

But 10/10 isn't a liked it, a 10/10 means that fell in love with it and think its perfect

But why is it perfect when the game play has basically been around for ever? Thats is the main point of the topic.

Honestly to me a perfect score on a game does not mean its perfect, just that they give it the top recommendation to play it. Because obviously no game is perfect.

I don't know if wii games come into this (though speedy says no).But Im willing to think that its at least a catalyst.

Posted by Shade

It's not the exact same game, though. So people need to stop talking like it is.

Posted by TendoAddict

Quoting Shade32: It's not the exact same game, though. So people need to stop talking like it is.

Very true.

There must of been a million mario clones but we all come back to the original.

Sure the game has the same basis (a lot of ducking and such) but the presentation brought upon with the graphics and such make it greater then things like it.

And when you come down to it, its still a great game. For most people 9 and beyond is milk and honey because people dont really over analyse the score. The 10 (like I said) was just a top recommendation, because it cant be perfect sence you cant improve upon prefection and Im guessing some thing will pass gears.

Quoted post: But Red Steel on the other hand, from what I've read, wasn't shaping up to be the Killer App for the Wii. They even said it had flaws from hands on impressions that it was flawed.

The problem with Red steel (IMO) was that every one loved the Wii so they thought it could do no wrong. But Honestly it did like I exspected, it got around 8 from EMG which is still fun and sets the bar for futur FPS'S on the council.

Posted by Pit

Quoting TendoAddict: You keep throwing around that they "liked" the game, and thats why they rated it 10/10

But 10/10 isn't a liked it, a 10/10 means that fell in love with it and think its perfect

But why is it perfect when the game play has basically been around for ever? Thats is the main point of the topic.

Honestly to me a perfect score on a game does not mean its perfect, just that they give it the top recommendation to play it. Because obviously no game is perfect.

I don't know if wii games come into this (though speedy says no).But Im willing to think that its at least a catalyst.

I think you should play gears of war.

The gameplay for most games have been almost around forever. From the first FPS to the last. From Goldeneye to Counterstrike to Halo, so by your logic, you're saying that every FPS that comes out in the future, just cause it's been done before, it's now unoriginal and undeserving of a high score huh wha?

Look, Gears of War is beyond a solid title. I don't think it was overhyped because the game exceeded my expectations.

Posted by TendoAddict

Quoting Pit:

The gameplay for most games have been almost around forever. From the first FPS to the last. From Goldeneye to Counterstrike to Halo, so by your logic, you're saying that every FPS that comes out in the future, just cause it's been done before, it's now unoriginal and undeserving of a high score huh wha?

If you read my other post you would find that I said while it did have a lot of flavors of other games (like kill switch) That the over all presentation of it made it great. We've all killed aliens before and hid behind walls to dodge fire. But the way Gears does it makes the game worth while.

And I never said it was un original or not good, Infact if you read my other post its great any way you look at it.

So I would Kindly ask you to stop putting words in my mouth.

Posted by Vampiro V. Empire

Dumbest thing I've ever read, and the most stupid thing Speedy has ever posted. Good lord.

How about playing the game?

Posted by Aioros

Quoting Vampiro V. Empire: How about playing the game?

[COLOR="Yellow"]He should catch up on Chrono Cross first. He knows what i'm talking about.:D

JK.[/COLOR]

Posted by Axis

This has GOT to be the biggest PILE OF S[b]HI[/b]T I have ever read. Good f[B][B]uck[/B]ing G[B]od[/B], it got good scores and everyone loves. GET THE F[B]UC[/B]K OVER IT.

I'm not even going to bother and try to respond to this. You're getting you panties in a bunch over a f[B]uck[/B]ing review score. Not even the most rabbid fanboys on TeamXbox or Ps3forums are acting like this. [/B]

Posted by Bebop

Quoting Vampiro V. Empire: How about playing the game?

It's not out yet in UK. I doubt there are playable stations set up too.

Posted by Shade

Then he should really shut up until he can actually know what he's talking about.

Posted by Pit

Quoting TendoAddict: If you read my other post you would find that I said while it did have a lot of flavors of other games (like kill switch) That the over all presentation of it made it great. We've all killed aliens before and hid behind walls to dodge fire. But the way Gears does it makes the game worth while.

And I never said it was un original or not good, Infact if you read my other post its great any way you look at it.

So I would Kindly ask you to stop putting words in my mouth.

Had it on quote before you posted, dick.

Posted by Shade

Now, I don't think that was very necessary.

Why can't wii be friends? Why can't wii be friends?

Posted by brownoystercult

Funny, Bebop and Speed****tard don't consider themselves fanboys. But if a game on another console get's a good review, they ****ing flip, hate the magazine, hate the reviewer, and read the biased Nintendo magazines. Which is also where they get their opinions on games not created by Nintendo.

Gears of War is an excellent game. Now shut the **** up.

Wii blows btw, no games look promising except maybe Twilight Princess, which I'd prefer on the Gamecube. Of course, this is only my personal opinion, but it really has no good games coming for it.

Posted by Bebop

I dont think Ive said anywhere I hate Gears of War. Just I wouldnt give it a 10, or any game a 10 really, and that I want to play it to find out why its so raved about.

As for EGM, I dont value the opinion of a magazine where AC: WW is rated lower than AC.

Funny you slam me for being a fanboy, yet youre last 2 sentences make me question you.

Nah, I like the PS3 also, I'm all for Nintendo Wii's controller, it's just that I see no games to warrant the purchase of the Wii, other than Twilight Princess.

Posted by Bebop

Oh sorry. It's just you said "Wii blows". Sorry. How could have have possible mistaken that as a fanboyish remark. Tell me brownostercult, every tried bleach? I recommend it.

Quoted post: It's not out yet in UK. I doubt there are playable stations set up too.

Right, even more of a reason to shut his mouth then. This whole thing is a terrible joke, I'm almost embarrassed to laugh, but I can't help it.

Quoted post: I'm all for Nintendo Wii's controller, it's just that I see no games to warrant the purchase of the Wii, other than Twilight Princess.

Pretty much my opinion too.

Posted by Axis

Quoting Bebop: I dont think Ive said anywhere I hate Gears of War. Just I wouldnt give it a 10, or any game a 10 really, and that I want to play it to find out why its so raved about.

I don't think anyone has accused you hating the game.

Posted by Bebop

Quoting brownoystercult: Funny, Bebop and Speed****tard don't consider themselves fanboys. But if a game on another console get's a good review, they ****ing flip, hate the magazine, hate the reviewer, and read the biased Nintendo magazines. Which is also where they get their opinions on games not created by Nintendo.

Gears of War is an excellent game. Now shut the **** up.

Wii blows btw, no games look promising except maybe Twilight Princess, which I'd prefer on the Gamecube. Of course, this is only my personal opinion, but it really has no good games coming for it.

Sounds like that to me

Uh, I never said you hated the game. I said, "They flip, hate the magazine, hate the reviewer, and read the biased Nintendo magazines."

Never ONCE, in there did I state you HATE the game. You pansy *** fanboys just can't stand a good review, because nothing is better than "Zelda".

Are you completely illiterate, or just a ****ing retard?

Also when you people say it doesn't deserve a "10", a "10" doesn't necessarily mean the "perfect game" on every website/magazine. It usually represents an "Outstanding", or "Classic". Which is very fitting with the game. I don't know about EGM, but I haven't seen a review that stated this was the perfect game.

Posted by Bebop

Where did I say you said I didnt like the game? I just said I dont hate it. Considering you used an imaginary post of mine for your 'argument' it was quite obvious you were making assumptions. I thought that would have helped clear things up. Please dont breed.
Besides, you pretty much implied I hated the game anyway. Freaking out and accusing me of a fanboy would imply I hated the game for its platform. LOL hate. I think its a fair to say it was easy to assume that from what you had written. Either way my argument works in my favour. Talk about having your arse handed to you in a hat.

And if a game gets full marks it means there were no mistakes. It's full marks you know. Like the most it can get with no room for error. Sounds like a perfect score to me. If a reviewer gives a full score without really meaning it they shouldnt be reviewing.

Posted by Axis

Quoting Bebop: And if a game gets full marks it means there were no mistakes. It's full marks you know. Like the most it can get with no room for error. Sounds like a perfect score to me. If a reviewer gives a full score without really meaning it they shouldnt be reviewing.

Did you know that OXM rates games on a .5 scale? They say that if a game recieves a 10, it's a classic, awesome game, etc. The even state that it doesn't mean it's a perfect game. Many other gaming magazines and sites do this.

Posted by TendoAddict

Quoting Bebop:

And if a game gets full marks it means there were no mistakes. It's full marks you know. Like the most it can get with no room for error. Sounds like a perfect score to me. If a reviewer gives a full score without really meaning it they shouldnt be reviewing.

No, no it doesn't. Thats what we've been talking about. A full score means it reaches highest recommendation for the review, not that it has no flaws.

It can't mean its perfect because theirs been plenty of full scores in the past and theres full scores now. If perfection has already been reached then their would be no reason to make new games now.

----------------
This whole topic is horrible that I can't understand how it was conceived.

What about when Double Dash Came out? Their Must of been a TON of reviewers who gave in top scores. But where was the out cry when the other cart racing games came out and they didn't get high marks? I mean they are the same game format right?

I think you get my point.

Posted by Shade

Win. Lock thread.

Posted by Bebop

Honestly, saying 10/10 doesnt mean perfection is just stupid. It's sound spretty dumb to me. Then again I'm used to reivew publications actually meaning their scores. I've read some which adopt that 10/10 philosphy you've stated Addict, but frankly because they dont think too much about scores its thrown around to much. Makes it hard to judge a game based on review score if so many are awarded the same thing. You get? And also seeing every 'ver good' game get 10/10 gets annoying.

Posted by Shade

Or maybe since their are a crapload of games, it's more than likely that they're gonna have the same scores, and there are going to be multiple games deserving of that 10.

Also, it makes perfect sense that saying 10/10 doesn't mean it's perfect. Since no game will probably ever be perfect. It certainly doesn't mean perfection if the magazine states, "Classic, not to be missed." I don't see any thing about OMG DIS IZ DA MOST PREFECT GAME EVAR RAAAGH

Posted by Bebop

Id prefer too games got roughly the same score (say 63% and 65%) than both have their scores rounded up and matched. Thats just me. I like to compare.

Posted by Shade

Then you must love GameSpot.

Posted by Bebop

Love is a strong word. I like Gamespot. But I wont forget the mistakes theyve made in the past.

Posted by Shade

Like giving Sword of Mana a low 7.1 :mad:

Posted by Bebop

Never played it. But Jak and Daxter a high score? Get out of heeeerrrree......

Posted by Pit

Jak and Daxter was a really good game.

Posted by Speedfreak

[quote='me, you idiots'][FONT=Tahoma][COLOR=#90ee90]Again, for the record the game does look awesome and it will be one of the first games I get on 360[/COLOR][/FONT]

So after quite a few people IMing me and having the following converstion:

"Gears of War is a bad game because it's not totally original?"
"No, I didn't say that. I actually think it looks awesome and want to play it"
"You are so wrong on this one"
"...okay then"

I've pretty much decided that most people in this thread can't even grasp what I'm saying (although it's really quite simple), have jumped to conclusions and are basically impossible to have an intelligent arguement with.

Can't blame people when you compare a ****ty game with similar mechanics to a fantastic game that completely refined said mechanics, calling them "identical" in terms of gameplay. Which, in itself, is actually quite wrong.

So yeah.

Posted by Axis

Wait Speedy, you posted that quote in this thread? Because it like looks you didn't. And you if posted it in another thread, then you probably should have done so in this. Because not all of us go around reading every thread on the board.

Posted by WILLETH FOR MONTHS

Good lord, this is pre-emptive bias. You're going on a rant because of what you think someone else's opinion might be in a few weeks?

Posted by Bebop

Quoting Pit: Jak and Daxter was a really good game.

If its the first 3d platformer/action game you've played than sure. Why not?

Posted by Speedfreak

[quote=Wings]Good lord, this is pre-emptive bias. You're going on a rant because of what you think someone else's opinion might be in a few weeks?

Don't get smart with me, sonny. You agreed.

Besides, I can still complain of their bias based on existing reviews.

Posted by Axis

Answer my question.

Posted by Pit

Quoting Bebop: If its the first 3d platformer/action game you've played than sure. Why not?

Mario 64 was.

Jak and Daxter is a really good. Game.

Posted by Bebop

Quoting Pit: Mario 64 was.

Jak and Daxter is a really good. Game.

No seriously, its not. I cant understand why people like it. I bought it on recommendation and I was very let down. I didnt see the big deal. I couldnt see why it was fun. Plus the characters alone were good enough reason to turn off the game. Lets agree to disagree.

Posted by Pit

or, you simply have a different opinion than the vast majority of people who enjoyed the game, including myself.

Posted by Bebop

Which is basically what I said earlier? Lol wut

I dont care if lots of people like the game. That doesnt mean I should. I found it unenjoyable on every level, in every sense of the word and without a doubt I would consider it one of the worst games I played of the last generation.

Posted by Fate

If it was one of the worst you've played, then I don't know what you've been playing!

Posted by Bebop

Better games? I cant understand why people like it so much. As far as 3D platformers go its below average at best. All I can think is that those who loved it so much had a poor 3D platformer diet. I grew up on a healthy daily dose of Mario 64, Banjo Kazooie and Conker. Its an insult and a lie when Jak and Daxter (who is easily one of the most annoying characters in history) is placed alongside these brilliant titles.

Posted by Pit

Quoting Bebop: Better games? I cant understand why people like it so much. As far as 3D platformers go its below average at best. All I can think is that those who loved it so much had a poor 3D platformer diet. I grew up on a healthy daily dose of Mario 64, Banjo Kazooie and Conker. Its an insult and a lie when Jak and Daxter (who is easily one of the most annoying characters in history) is placed alongside these brilliant titles.

Note: Games that are only/made their first appearance on a Nintendo console.

Spoilers: Jak and Daxter was an amazing game.

Edit: I know fate, it was an accident... *****.

Posted by Fate

Conker was, too.

Posted by Bebop

Those 3 games may have been Nintendo exclusive but thats irrelevant. They are 3 of my favorite platformers which is why I mentioned them. You cant change my opinion on this so stop trying. I was completely disappointed when I bought the game and even said to myself "It'll improve! It must do! Maybe the level design will pick up!". The only time I got any enjoyed out of that game is when I removed from my PS2 and never touched it with my bare hands again.

WHY ARE PEOPLE ARGUING ABOUT OPINIONS?!

Posted by Bebop

Im not. I said so striaght away. Its Pit and Fate that are droning on about it.

Hence "people" not just "Bebop"

Posted by Fate

I wasn't droning. I go off on Bebop because he throws in a serious hyperbole in a lot of the posts he makes. Stuff like "I can't honestly believe" or "I just can't bring myself to understand". I can understand if he said he didn't like the game, but to say that it was one of the worst he's ever played seems pretty dumb, only because of his posting style history.

Posted by Speedfreak

A lot of people think Final Fantasy is the best series ever, an equal amount of people think it's absolute trash. The reasons for both are pretty legitimate, it shouldn't be that hard to accept that you can get vastly differing opinions.

[quote=Axis]Wait Speedy, you posted that quote in this thread? Because it like looks you didn't. And you if posted it in another thread, then you probably should have done so in this. Because not all of us go around reading every thread on the board.

I have posted it in other threads, and I've mentioned this issue in passing on boards outside of VGC with the same disclaimer. Guess I just forgot this time. Still, I did make it quite clear that I merely don't think it's perfect.

Yeah, but you were saying "identical" when comparing it to a game that was trash and largely ignored by everyone. =/ Hence possible confusion.

Posted by Speedfreak

I was more making a point about the fact that KILL.SWITCH was largely ignored because it didn't have uber graphics and a ton of hype surrounding it, but gameplay so similar it's uncanny.

It was ignored for more than just that. I actually have the game. The problems with it were quite endless. The settings were terrible and repetitive, the character was just lame, the controls were finicky and unrefined, the gameplay was uninteresting and got boring real quick, and the game in general felt really rushed and a first-attempt at a failing series.

The only thing GoW has in common with this game is that you can blindfire and hide behind cover. Guess what, you can do the same in GRAW and a few other games. The difference between them is what you can do behind cover in GoW, and how you do it. That on top of everything else the game has going for it and... yeah, you can't even compare them.

Posted by Pit

Quoting Bebop: Im not. I said so striaght away. Its Pit and Fate that are droning on about it.

No I'm not. If anyone is droning it's you. I mean, it's pretty hard not to argue with you that whenever a game comes out on a different console other than a nintendo one, it just happens to suck.

but that's just me.

Posted by Bebop

Quoting Pit: No I'm not. If anyone is droning it's you. I mean, it's pretty hard not to argue with you that whenever a game comes out on a different console other than a nintendo one, it just happens to suck.

but that's just me.

I said straight away "lets agree to disagree". Every post of yours afterwards seemed to be droning on to me.

EDIT: Wait, Im a Nintendo fanboy because I dont like Jak and Daxter? Lol wut. it's what you were pretty much saying.

Posted by Pit

no, you're not a nintendo fanboy because of that. However, I do find it strange that whenever a game that is within the same genre, ie, lets say platforming, that the only ones you seem to enjoy happen to be on a nintendo console.

Never said you were a fanboy, JUST AN OBSERVATION I'VE MADE.

Posted by Bebop

Well it did sound like thats what you were implieing. Surely you can see what U mean? Even so, the titles I mentioned are excellent and, whether you agree with the platform they are on or not, easily the best some of the best platformers to date.

Posted by Shade

I THOUGHT WE DROPED THIS.

Quit arguing about Jak and Daxter. You like it, he doesn't. That's been made painfully clear.

Posted by Bebop

I quit pretty much as he questioned my opinion on it. I thought that was made painfully clear.

Posted by Pit

Quoting Shade32: I THOUGHT WE DROPED THIS.

Quit arguing about Jak and Daxter. You like it, he doesn't. That's been made painfully clear.

k, not the point that I was making, but that's cool lol

lol droped