Did you vote today?

Posted by Fei-on Castor

If you're over 18, did you vote today?

Posted by Vampiro V. Empire

I was going to hop over the boarder to vote, then I remembered Guitar Hero II came out today. So no.

Posted by Proto Man

Yes I did vote! It was my first general election, very exciting! I really hope my current governor gets kicked out, but it's not looking like it.

Posted by NeXidala

I would have if I were over 18/legally allowed to, but I am not.

Posted by WackoHater2

Not 18+, and I wouldn't have if I was.

Posted by Arwon

When do we start hearing results?

Posted by Jesse Smith

I voted last week. Here in Oregon it's 100% vote by mail, or drop-off at locations like city hall.

Posted by Proto Man

Quoting Panic: Not 18+, and I wouldn't have if I was.

Why ever not?

Posted by mis0

I voted a week ago at there early polls. And nationally, things are looking pretty good.

Posted by Lord of Spam

I voted early this morning. I was the ony person there that wasnt old.

Idiots my age need to get more involved. Next young person i hear complaining about bush (or government in general) im going to say "did you vote?"

if the answer is no, they earn a great big STFU.

Posted by mis0

Yeah, I basically got the same from some classmates and random conversations at the uni cafeteria.

Them - "Bush sux"
Me - "orly, did u voet?"
Them - "gn0"
Me - "well that's the problem ****tard"

Posted by Fate

I didn't follow the Florida politics, so I didn't vote.

Posted by s0ul

No, but I watched old people vote during lunch.

Oh man, there was this teacher from the middle school voting (voting booths are in the high school commons) so I'm like "hey shouldn't you be teaching some punk kids science?" and he was like "I took the day off, actually." So naturally, my next question was "to vote?"

Answer: "No, to go to a funeral. My mom died."

****ing awkward.

Posted by Raptor

No. I couldn't possibly give any less of a ****.

Posted by Random

Yeah I ended up voting Straight Republicans..

Of course if you saw the Democratic candidates here you'd lolz your asses off and wonder why they won.. Retards..

Posted by Arwon

Two words, I think:

Rick Santorum.

Posted by Klarth

Is it true that Amerikkkans get election day off?

Posted by Ant

No it is not true. The most I think is maybe an hour of time off work so you're "allowed" to vote. In any case, I didn't. Didn't care enough about issues etc.

Posted by higbvuyb

Democrats win the House of Representatives. Hopefully Bush gets fully owned and the Democrats also get a majority in the Senate.

Posted by Lord of Spam

Ant, Raptor, and Fate are no longer allowed in the war board.

Posted by Xero

[COLOR="DeepSkyBlue"]I'm not 18 yet, but I wouldn't have wasted time going to vote. I would have posted at VGC instead :p:[/COLOR]

Posted by mis0

Quoting Random: Yeah I ended up voting Straight Republicans..

Of course if you saw the Democratic candidates here you'd lolz your asses off and wonder why they won.. Retards..

Looks like you've wasted your vote there, comrade!

Posted by Veiraza

So far this election has been the most disgusting one - of course, they are always disgusting with the mudslinging and whatnot, but, in my opinion, election has hit an all time low. At least they won't waste my time mailing me stupid ads and broadcasting sex scandals.

Posted by Lord of Spam

Quoting Misoxeny: Looks like you've wasted your vote there, comrade!

honestly, I'd rather someone do something as stupid as DUYRR VOTE STRAIGHT PARTY TICKET LOL than jsut not vote. The system may get bent if peopel do that. but its flat out broken if they just dont vote.

Posted by Bebop

What if people dont vote because they think every candidate sucks?

Posted by Echo

Sadly, there was no point in the day that I had three hours to drive to my precinct and back just to vote before the polls closed. So no, I didn't vote, yes I'm 18+, but I wanted to.

Posted by Boner

Quoting Random:
Yeah I ended up voting Straight Republicans..

Of course if you saw the Democratic candidates here you'd lolz your asses off and wonder why they won.. Retards..[QUOTE=Misoxeny]Looks like you've wasted your vote there, comrade!

How can anyone say that voting is a waste of time? Especially in an election like this? It doesn't matter which way you vote, only that you get off your @ss and do it! Sure, Random may have voted and things didn't exactly go the way he wanted/voted. That still doesn't mean he wasted his time. Our vote is our only voice that is heard.

Why do people complain? Because they have an opinion that they want people to hear. It's as simple as that. Yet, so many of those people refuse to vote. Their argument is that it won't change anything. Well, it **** sure isn't going to change anything if you remain silent by not voting! And, of course, those same people will still ***** afterwards. Those people are completely useless.

Anyway, I voted straight Democratic for the exception of our Gov. because, he is as crooked as it gets. I voted for the green party in his place.

Posted by Lord of Spam

Quoting Bebop: What if people dont vote because they think every candidate sucks?

write in vote get

Quoting Echo: Sadly, there was no point in the day that I had three hours to drive to my precinct and back just to vote before the polls closed. So no, I didn't vote, yes I'm 18+, but I wanted to.

Mail voting, early voting, absentee voting, etc. You were lazy and chose not to vote; dont try to make up bs to cover that fact.

Posted by Echo

Quoting Lord of Spam: Mail voting, early voting, absentee voting, etc. You were lazy and chose not to vote; dont try to make up bs to cover that fact.

Eh, whatever. I hadn't done too much research on the people running, anyway, and I consider it far worse to vote uninformed than to not vote at all.

Posted by Fei-on Castor

A woman came into my work yesterday, and said to me, "If anyone gives me anymore sh*t about not voting, I'm gonna lose it."

Fry's (where I work) has a policy that we aren't to discuss politics with customers, so I just smiled and said, "Yeah..."

Even though I didn't ask her to, she went on to explain how our democratic system is a fascade and the decisions are made by those in power, and they just claim that we voted that way, when really they never counted up our votes at all.

Had I not been at work, I would've recommended the U.S. Constitution as a good read, to learn how our democracy works. I'm fairly certain that the federal government's role is outlined in that document, somewhere. It's kinda vaguely worded, but that makes for a Constitution that can adapt with time.

With the dems taking control of the house, it's hard to believe that the people in power (namely, Republicans) would make up a fake vote stating that they lost power to an opposing group with opposing political views.

Posted by KoH

There's no such thing as a "wasted vote." Surely if one can debate politics, one can also realize such a true concept as this.

I would have voted Republican had I been legally of age. My main reason for doing so is that although, yes, Republicans have ****ed up at times however I think that Democrats would **** up 100 times worse. That's not just political prejudice, that's just what's happened before. Please, someone, challenge me to this point and I'll prove it with valor and passion! Besides, I could use something to do.

Posted by Boner

Quoting Echo: Eh, whatever. I hadn't done too much research on the people running, anyway, and I consider it far worse to vote uninformed than to not vote at all.

Then pick a color! .....I'm not even joking. What happens when you are faced with a multiple choice test in school that you know **** well you didn't study for? Suddenly, multiple choice turns into multiple guess. All you can do is cross your fingers and hope you made the correct choice. You simply can't go up to your teacher and say, "Look, I really didn't study for this test, per se. So, I think I'll just pass on taking this one. You understand, right?" No. You've been in the class. You've at least heard something about the subject. You can at least take a stab in the dark about it. Besides, durring these elections, each state usually has its own "extra" things you can vote on. Things such as a vote to increase the minimum wage, or raise a certain property tax for a specific purpose. Vegas even had a vote to legalize the possession of up to one ounce of marijuana. So, there really is no valid excuse for not voting.

Quoting KoH: There's no such thing as a "wasted vote." Surely if one can debate politics, one can also realize such a true concept as this.

I would have voted Republican had I been legally of age. My main reason for doing so is that although, yes, Republicans have ****ed up at times however I think that Democrats would **** up 100 times worse. That's not just political prejudice, that's just what's happened before. Please, someone, challenge me to this point and I'll prove it with valor and passion! Besides, I could use something to do.

Sure, I'll call you out! :) I've got news for ya, pall. Both the red and blue parties are equal entities of evil, merely sitting on different sides of the fence. Republicans like to support the upper 20% of the nation, and the Democrats are more for supporting the poor and poverish. Either way, do you know who has to pay? The hard working, middle class of this country gets screwed every time! I don't think either party is better or worse than the other. I strongly support a couple of major different views from either side. For instance, I like my guns and believe it is my constitutional right to have them and, I also support stem cell research. But, like Yin and Yang, I feel we need a ballance of things. The republicans have been in power for far too long. We need a change back to the other extreme for a while to balance it out.

Posted by Arwon

I dispute the idea that there is a "fence" between the Dems and Republicans. That posits the idea that between them they cover the entire political spectrum and that the median or neutral political position is in the middle of them. Which isn't true.

Posted by KoH

[quote=Boner]Sure, I'll call you out! :) I've got news for ya, pall. Both the red and blue parties are equal entities of evil, merely sitting on different sides of the fence. Republicans like to support the upper 20% of the nation, and the Democrats are more for supporting the poor and poverish. Either way, do you know who has to pay? The hard working, middle class of this country gets screwed every time! I don't think either party is better or worse than the other. I strongly support a couple of major different views from either side. For instance, I like my guns and believe it is my constitutional right to have them and, I also support stem cell research. But, like Yin and Yang, I feel we need a ballance of things. The republicans have been in power for far too long. We need a change back to the other extreme for a while to balance it out.

Since you didn't completely disagree with me I shall make this a short post!

Okay, when I first read your post I agreed and mostly disagreed. Then I re-read it... and re-read it again and I've come to the conclusion that you're more than 80% right. The only thing I disagree with is that, and this wasn't even a main point of yours, is that they're both equal entities of evil.

This is just my opinion, but I think that the Republicans are the lesser of the two evils. They both have goods and bads however from what I've seen the Republicans have less infractions against my sense of morals than the Democrats.

Then again you probably won't hear anything necessarily bad about the democrats due to the media being mainly controlled by said-party and all sources that do claim Democrats of mistakes and/or infractions are said to be "unreliable" or "prejudice."

If I continue this post however I'll be getting into how ****ed up the media is and how truly ignorant and biased they all are. Not just the Republican or Democratic controlled media. So I digress.

Posted by Boner

Quoting Arwon: I dispute the idea that there is a "fence" between the Dems and Republicans. That posits the idea that between them they cover the entire political spectrum and that the median or neutral political position is in the middle of them. Which isn't true.

I'm editing my original reply to this after re-reading your post. I agree, it's not as simple as black and white on one side or the other for each party. I'm sure each party is a little gray on some issues. When I used the word "fence", I meant it as a generalization. I realize that not all members for either party are pure Democrat or Republican and share other views. My main point was that the middle man always gets screwed, and that I'd at least like to get reamed from different position now and then to prevent from getting a cramp.

Posted by Fei-on Castor

Joe Liberman isn't really independant, and he'll even tell you that. It's just that his party (the democrats) didn't feel like nominating a guy who was gonna win this time.

Posted by Boner

Quoting KoH: Since you didn't completely disagree with me I shall make this a short post!

Okay, when I first read your post I agreed and mostly disagreed. Then I re-read it... and re-read it again and I've come to the conclusion that you're more than 80% right. The only thing I disagree with is that, and this wasn't even a main point of yours, is that they're both equal entities of evil.

This is just my opinion, but I think that the Republicans are the lesser of the two evils. They both have goods and bads however from what I've seen the Republicans have less infractions against my sense of morals than the Democrats.

It is at this point in your post which I decided to reply. I'm guessing by the quoted line that I placed in bold above, you are speaking of specific views such as gay marriage, abortion rights, and stem cell research (just for examples). For each of which I have my own opinions. However, I will not discuss those opinions as, I feel they are invalid at this point. But, when you have a Republican like Mark Foley, who actively supported a system which protected youth from sexual predators, yet actively spoke to young pages in a sexual tone on the internet, it is unexcusable. Not to mention the fact that a few of his fellow Republicans knew of this issue and said nothing. I'm sorry but, that's just sick and twisted. Democrats aren't perfect either, as I'm sure there are a few scandals going on with them too. I absolutely despise my Illinois state Governor, who is Democratic, with a burning passion.

Either way, I respect your personal views. Especially if you voted, or at least would have if you were of age. But, clearly the majority of the US does not agree with you that the Republicans are less evil. The polls show it. America needs change in a major way. I'm sure the power will shift back to Republicans once we are tired of Democrats again.

Quoted post: Then again you probably won't hear anything necessarily bad about the democrats due to the media being mainly controlled by said-party and all sources that do claim Democrats of mistakes and/or infractions are said to be "unreliable" or "prejudice."

Ever hear of FOX News? Highly Republican network. NBC at least seems somewhat in the middle of the road.

Quoted post: If I continue this post however I'll be getting into how ****ed up the media is and how truly ignorant and biased they all are. Not just the Republican or Democratic controlled media. So I digress.

Haha! Ditto :)

Quoting Fei-on Castor: Joe Liberman isn't really independant, and he'll even tell you that. It's just that his party (the democrats) didn't feel like nominating a guy who was gonna win this time.

Yeah, but he still shares some of the Republicans views. He even said so himself durring an interview that he is not a full Democrat. He's more of a wild card in that sense. Still, I like the man and, I am glad to see he was elected.

Posted by Ch

I persuaded my family to vote for Deval Patrick, the negro democrat for governer here in Massachusetts. He won. :) First negro Governer for massachusetts. :)