Windows Player help

Posted by Bebop

Ok ive downloaded a few videos but only the sound comes through. No picture. I spent ages waiting for Lost 3 to download only to HEAR the episdoes. it happend on my old PC. I downloaed some SeaLab 2021 but then one day the picture went. Any suggestions? Ive tried getting the latest media player but to no success.

Posted by Klarth

Use VLC Media Player. Codecs built in etc

http://www.videolan.org/vlc/download-macosx.html

Posted by Vampiro V. Empire

What Klarth said.

But, if you really want to use WMP, check what error you're getting. Google it and it should lead you to the proper codec.

Posted by Bebop

Im using the software Klarth recommended but even if I wanted to use WMP I couldnt do what you said. There isnt an error message. It just plays as if I were listening to a song or something.

Posted by Proto Man

Quoting Bebop: Im using the software Klarth recommended but even if I wanted to use WMP I couldnt do what you said. There isnt an error message. It just plays as if I were listening to a song or something.

It sounds like you need a Divx Codec

http://www.divxmovies.com/codec/

Posted by Vampiro V. Empire

Huh, well don't use WMP then. Or uninstall it and reinstall it. Something could be messed up if suddenly good videos started not showing any picture.

Posted by Bebop

Tried to install and all that stuff.

Posted by Proto Man

Quoting Bebop: Tried to install and all the stuff.

What? Sorry, but that doesn't make sense to me.

Also, what kind of videos are these? .AVI or something else?

Posted by Arczu

If WMP think the video file is a audio file, then it definately is a codec problem.

I'd say use CCCP... but I don't know for sure if you want to use that option. It basically gives you all you need to play most videos. If you could find out what the videos were encoded with, you could just look it up and download that codec to see the picture.

Posted by janu123

VLC media player is best.........