I'm thinking of moving to Britain.

Posted by Raptor

My dad's friend has a nice place in Manchester. I've met her; she seems very generous and easy to get along with. She says their kids could introduce me to the club scene and the lovely outdoor spots, and I'm guaranteed a job in the spring. A plane ticket from here to there costs less than $800. And Ireland is so close by. I'll probably ultimately want to end up in Germany, though, and I would be brought a hell of a lot closer. It would make it easier to get the necessary documents together to live and work in Europe.

I want get the hell away from America, for dozens of obvious reasons, and this so-called "paradise." It's a wonderful place to visit time and time again, but I'd much rather live somewhere else, in a new land full of new places to explore. And it would be fabulous, if my heart desired, to take a two and a half hour train ride to London one night, or wherever. I'm tired of all the restrictions of living on a very small island.

So what can you Brits here tell me about the U.K., aside from the obvious stereotypes? How's the weather this time of year?

Posted by Vampiro V. Empire

Hawaii will never be the same.

Posted by Bebop

One thing I can tell about Manchester is that it's a crap hole. The north of England is very different to the south.

South is posh, well educated, civillised and friendly. The north isnt (going by stereotypes of course). Seriously Manchester isnt the best place in Britain.

It's a very cold winter we're having right now. The last one was too cold to. That said our summer are usually very hot. Britain has the best weather in the world. Other places have hurricanes, earthquakes, blizzard and volcanic eruptions. The worst you can expect in ol Blighty is rain.

Posted by Klarth

Consumer electronics are quite expensive here, so if you do wind up migrating, be prepared to pay through your nose one way or the other.

The Southeast is probably the most glorious part of the United Kingdom - Kent is called "the fruit basket of England" for good reason. The countryside is lush and green, and it's nowhere near as rough as, say, Liverpool (sorry, DK). It's a short train journey from Canterbury to central London, and my lord are they both great towns. It's a bit touristy here, but there're a decent variety of shops and restaurants (and perhaps a club or two), but London seriously has everything. The public transport system easily kicks the crap out of anything the USA has - The Tube (London Underground) tends to be on time whenever I take it, and if you get an Oyster Card the fares are incredibly cheap.

Be prepared to have to tolerate a good deal of... Unscrupulous individuals. They're not the same thing by a huge margin, but the closest thing I can compare Chav culture to is the American "wigger" scene. You'll encounter stupid accents, total dimwittedness and absolute contempt for social goodness wherever you go, so it's probably a good thing to read up on beforehand. Also, they're violent in rougher places (hi Liverpool!)

The one time I've been to Manchester was for about half an hour whilst I was getting a connecting train, so I'm unable to pass comment on anything but the station. It was ugly as sin and covered in pigeon ****.

Traveling to other European destinations is cheap from here - Budget airlines! There are services like Ryanair and Easyjet which operate out of the smaller UK airports. Hell, it's so affordable that I can actually pay my own airfare without any financial qualms whatsoever - Last time I took a trip to the Dordogne it was only £50 to Bergerac airport from London Stansted. No-frills transport is great here, so you'll be able to flit around Germany, Ireland and wherever else you please as often as you like.

Of course, only being sixteen I don't have much extensive knowledge of the financial aspects of living here, so I'll leave that to someone else. It's somewhat odd in that I'm actually likely to move to the USA after I finish school...

oh and you can't forget endless cups of tea and bagpipes and crumpets and cricket and scousers and man united and-

Posted by Speedfreak

Weather: Winter is cold, but nowhere near as cold as America can get. Snow is rare. Our summers are pretty awesome, they're not hot enough to make you sweat or worry too much about sunburn, but they're hot enough to warrant wearing shorts and a t-shirt. I can only speak for the south, though. Up north it's generally colder and wetter.

Accents: You will understand no one in Manchester, I promise you that.

Posted by Bebop

Err what? Not worry about sunburn and sweat? Did you go out the house this summer? Personally I sweat like a jew in an oven but sunburn is very common for people in summer and cant be passed off as something "you shouldnt worry too much about".

Posted by Klarth

Hah, remember summer 2003, guys? :/

Posted by Speedfreak

When we're not in the middle of a heatwave our summers are very pleasant. Heatwaves are hot no matter what country you're in. The heatwave this summer lasted only 2 weeks, the rest of the time you didn't have to worry about being too hot.

You know how much I hate the heat in summer. Honestly, I'm a good judge of this.

Posted by Kit

Quoting Klarth: and it's nowhere near as rough as, say, Liverpool (sorry, DK).

Heheh, I agree, although it's mainly central Liverpool and near Anfield, the rest of it is liveable. :)

Quoted post: South is posh, well educated, civillised and friendly.

And so is the majority of the North, it just depends on the area. It seems you get nicer neighbours when you live in areas with nicer surroundings. Hell, most neighbours are nice, as long as you don't live with ex-chav couples who argue and dont care what their neighbours think, and they seem to grow out of that, eventually. More rural areas, or outer areas of Larger cities (Manchester, Newcastle, Liverpool, etc) tend to be far nicer than central locations, when it comes to living.
Weather is nice in Summer, quite a lot of Sun, but it can rain sometimes. In Winter it's mainly Windy, but sometimes it rains quite a bit. Snow isn't likely to happen, in my lifetime, it's snowed less than once a year. The South is probably more enjoyable though. Summer is far better to spend there. And as Klarth said, London does have a lot of nice shops and sights to see. A train ticket won't cost a lot.

Oh, and about the ruffians. They're aged 12-16, the only thing you really have to worry about are stones (Usually smaller than pebbles) thrown at your windows once in a while. Your father's friend will probably know a lot more about the local area in particular, so ask her if you haven't already.

Posted by Bebop

You're an idiot Dark Kirby. Read the rest of the sentence you scouser.

Posted by Bebop

Dark Kirby is from Liverpool? Wierd. I didn't think Liverpool had electricity.

Posted by Raptor

Quoting Klarth:
Be prepared to have to tolerate a good deal of... Unscrupulous individuals. They're not the same thing by a huge margin, but the closest thing I can compare Chav culture to is the American "wigger" scene.

But they listen to slightly better music, right? Slightly.

Hell, I may move straight to Germany; I've got connections there, too. We'll see. I want to put some serious time into studying the language and culture beforehand.

Posted by Klarth

[quote=Raptor]But they listen to slightly better music, right? Slightly.
Actually, from what I've seen they all listen to the same mainstream hip-hop crap. Thankfully most of them are too poor/stupid to be seen in cars, so you won't be knocked out of your chair by some passing mAaAaAd BeAtz.

As for Germany: Read up on the language for a year or so and you're essentially set. It's a lot easier than it looks - Although considering I myself lived in Frankfurt when I was very young, perhaps I was helped by the fact that there was a time at which I was speaking more German than anything else... Honestly, it's like French without the total trainwreck grammatical constructions.

Posted by Speedfreak

Germany sucks, you can't play videogames with any degree or violence there. Food's crap, too, especially if you're a vegetarian.

Posted by WILLETH FOR MONTHS

Hey, why don't we listen to the guy who's actually from Manchester. Yeah? Okay.

To start with, the club scene and lovely outdoor spots don't really exist in Manchester. If you travel just a few miles up the road to the Peak District then you'll absolutely fall in love with it, although it will be much colder than what you've come to expect. If you look at a world map ([url="http://www.phnx-international.com/Pictures/Photogallery%20-%20Job%20Locations/World%20Map%20with%20Job%20Locations%204x2%204-15-2005.jpg"]here's a handy one![/url]) you'll see that we're on a parallel with northern Canada.

My advice? Sheffield (around 50 miles from Manchester, or a 90 minute journey) and around Yorkshire. I moved here for a reason. Much nicer city, landscape much more impressive and it's closer to the countryside you love so much. Plus a better club scene, one of the safest cities in England, and easy access to everywhere. Also I've not seen a single chav in the year and a half I've been here.

Don't listen to Bebop. Yorkshire people are the most hospitable in the country.

As a side note, right now I'm not wearing any socks, jeans and a t-shirt, and it's just about tolerable - it's 4pm. In a few hours I will have to put some more layers on or turn the heating up.

Posted by Klarth

Yorkshire is pretty cool; I've got distant relatives of some kind there.

Mancunians are evil! The plague! The plaaaague!

Posted by Bebop

Wings cant be from Manchester. He uses grammar.

I hate the Yorkshire accent. Loads of people bum it but it just annoys me.

You must be from around London. You're a total cock.

The Yorkshire accent isn't that bad. The Liverpool accent is the awful one.

Posted by Bebop

Christ calm down. I don't want to be bottled. Anyway, hows life at the factory going?

I hate the Yorkshire accent more than the Liverool one.

...I have no idea what you just said. :D

Posted by Bebop

Tis a shame. Then again reading is a novelty skill up north. Perhaps over time more people will leave the coal mines and pick up a book. One without pictures.

No, I mean, bottled? Like, put you in a bottle? What? And is working in a factory a common occupation for a northerner?

Learn your stereotypes, sir.

Posted by Bebop

Smashing somone over the head with a bottle and working in a factory is a northern stereotype.

But congratulations on knowing what a stereotype is. You must have attended one of the few schools in Manchester. Here, have a Stella.

*gives Stella bottle*

Ridiculous. What a society you must live in where smashing a bottle over someone's head actually has a term associated with it.

Also, Stella ia arse-gravy.

Posted by Bebop

A northerner who doesnt like Stella? Whoa. Next you'll tell me you use knives and forks to eat.

Posted by Raptor

Quoting Speedfreak: Germany sucks, you can't play videogames with any degree or violence there. Food's crap, too

I tend to play my video games non-violently, and I eat pieces of **** like you for breakfast, so it looks like I'm all set.

Posted by Bebop

British country side is very nice. The beaches arent all that though.

Germany is excellent. I'd move there if I could be bothered to pick up the language again. The weather will be much more what you're used to; I'd recommend it.

Posted by Kit

I love this thread, Bebop obviously listened to common stereotypes from the Southern Fairies that couldn't handle our Northern Customs. Personally I think the accent from the North East is FAR worse than the accent from the North West. I'm surprised they can understand eachother.

"orrgh larday poort thar gayrebarx een there car"
"arllreetay thuts argh cannae leke ye the noo!

Posted by Bebop

Such big words for a Northener. Next you'll stop stealing cars.

I'm actually having alot of fun in this thread.

Posted by Kit

STEREOTYPE

I've never actually stolen a car, I don't even know HOW to steal a car, stereotyping is fun.

You're all snobs and drug-dealers. The chavs are all down South, and the North beats up the South daily, and you're all gay.

Wheee Southern Stereotypes.

Posted by Bebop

Bit slow arent we? Then again, it's expected from you people.

Chavs migrated from the North because it was running out of space. Something to do with too many babies. Its annoying having the north down south. Before you came we never heard of muggings, rape and murder. We only had articulate crime, such as tax fraud, but even then we wouldnt do it.

Posted by Bebop

Quoting Wings: Germany is excellent. I'd move there if I could be bothered to pick up the language again. The weather will be much more what you're used to; I'd recommend it.

There was a Germany trip at my school back in year 7. Although I didnt go I asked someone what it was like.

On the Rhine:
"Salty with lots of leaves"

Bah, the Rhine valley isn't anything like it's made out to be. There's a place called Morfelden-Walldorf near Frankfurt which I can highly recommend, though.

Posted by Kit

Quoting Bebop: Bit slow arent we? Then again, it's expected from you people.

Beg Pardon? There's a difference between being slow and being offline.

Quoted post: Chavs migrated from the North because it was running out of space. Something to do with too many babies. Its annoying having the north down south. Before you came we never heard of muggings, rape and murder. We only had articulate crime, such as tax fraud, but even then we wouldnt do it.

How "perfect" of you, even though "Mugging, Rape and Murder" were around far before chavs were, and before the chavs went it happened around 4000% more often in the South, so that kind of ruins your point there.
Too many chav babies? lol we could have just thrown them all on the Isle of White and let nature take place.

Posted by Bebop

You're an idiot. Just get out.

Posted by Omni

Nothing like watching the cultured, sophisticated British argue with one another over topics Americans like me would never understand.

Posted by mis0

Huh. I think Germany would be a better choice, primarily because you're not on camera everywhere you go. Also, the "health and safety" stuff in Britian seems absolutely rediculous. It's no wonder Americans are often appaulled when they visit the UK. A friend recently returned from a trip to Britian. She said it was like an Orwellian nightmare and the many of the people were of the same mindset of "hicks" stateside. My father said the same thing after returning from the UK from business last year. Germany he liked OK, and he liked France even more.

...where did they go? Sounds like London only.

Posted by TendoAddict

Quoting Stone Cold Crazy: Nothing like watching the cultured, sophisticated British argue with one another over topics Americans like me would never understand.

Its easy to understand

Just take the American South and North and flip them and keep 90% of the thick headed Stereotypes. But with A lot more class.

Posted by Omni

I know, it's kinda like what we do here, just with more sophistication.

Posted by Kit

Quoting Bebop: You're an idiot. Just get out.

What, they don't teach History down South? Shame, it can be quite an interesting subject.

Posted by Raptor

Quoting TendoAddict: Its easy to understand

Just take the American South and North and flip them and keep 90% of the thick headed Stereotypes. But with A lot more class.

I love it when people Capitalise random words that Should not be capitalised. Isn't it A thrill?

Anyway, this thread has pretty much already ruined Britain for me. Thanks a lot.

Posted by Kent Traffic Cop

Quoting Raptor:
Anyway, this thread has pretty much already ruined Britain for me. Thanks a lot.

Ignore these children.

As long as you are an open person and don't believe everyone sits at home and drinks tea all day, then the UK is a definite for an American.

Fair enough, Germany is another good country, but at the end of the day, only the UK and Australia are America's true cousins.

Of course I'm going to be biased and say move to Kent, but then again, it is strong advice. You can get to the capital in no time at all, there are many ways to get to the continent and it's a beautiful place.

Just steer clear of Medway...

Posted by Bebop

Quoting Dark Kirby: What, they don't teach History down South? Shame, it can be quite an interesting subject.

They dont teach humour up north? Then again a Northener's idea of a joke is pillaging a village and aborting babies. So I take it back. I had too much faith in you. I shouldnt have expected you to realise the majority of my posts in this thread really havnent been serious.

Quoting Raptor: Anyway, this thread has pretty much already ruined Britain for me. Thanks a lot.

Well that's the whole reason for Bebop's existence. I bet he feels validated.

Posted by Bebop

I do. Ive kept a furry out of ol Blighty and made fun of pikeys.

I should be knighted.

Posted by Kit

Quoting Bebop: They dont teach humour up north? Then again a Northener's idea of a joke is pillaging a village and aborting babies.

Huh, I didn't think of that joke, kudos to you. :cookie:

Quoted post: I had too much faith in you. I shouldnt have expected you to realise the majority of my posts in this thread really havnent been serious.

Hey, apparently living in the North makes you automatically a retarded criminal, you shouldn't trust me to understand anything you say, type, or do. I'm gonna go steal the crown jewels and sell them at the market for

Posted by Bebop

Leave the crown jewels alone you peasant!

Now if you'll excuse me I having a day out at Ascot.

Posted by Kent Traffic Cop

Bebop - you're a disgrace to my country - get out.

[IMG]http://www.safety-sign.info/img/img_signs/10final%20exit%20sign.gif[/IMG]

Posted by TendoAddict

Quoting Kent Traffic Cop: Bebop - you're a disgrace to my country - get out.

I think the whole thread disgraced your country, but thats just me.

Posted by Bebop

Quoting Kent Traffic Cop: Bebop - you're a disgrace to my country - get out.

[IMG]http://www.safety-sign.info/img/img_signs/10final%20exit%20sign.gif[/IMG]

*sigh* A common reaction from the common when they see how civillised the south is. It reminds me the first time the North was introduced to the radio in 1979.

Posted by Omni

Hey, weren't The Beatles from the North? Then again, I'm not sure, since I'm just an American.

Posted by Bebop

No they werent. That was a marketting technique so people would pity them and buy their songs. In actual fact they were from the south and very well educated. I mean, you cant expect a northener to play an instrument can you?

Posted by Kit

Quoting Bebop: *sigh* A common reaction from the common when they see how civillised the south is. It reminds me the first time the North was introduced to the radio in 1979.

Kent Traffic Cop

Quoted post: Hey, weren't The Beatles from the North? Then again, I'm not sure, since I'm just an American.

Liverpool, apparently. I don't like the Beatles all that much. To be honest.

Posted by Bebop

Ha ha youve done me there. I wasnt thinking. But to save face Ill say "He may have been from Kent but he acts like a northener"

Posted by Speedfreak

[quote=Misoxeny]Also, the "health and safety" stuff in Britian seems absolutely rediculous. It's no wonder Americans are often appaulled when they visit the UK. A friend recently returned from a trip to Britian. She said it was like an Orwellian nightmare.

Here's the difference between British "freedom" and American "freedom".

British "freedom" will get you arrested within 12 seconds of doing something completely minor because most of the time there is a camera on you. Contrary to popular belief, the vast majority are privately owned, ie a security camera set up by the owner in a small shop. If you don't do anything wrong then you have nothing to worry about. Creepy, but relatively safe.

American "freedom" will get you sent to jail for 5 years for posting on 4chan or sent to an illegal concentration camp in Cuba for the rest of your days without trial for being a muslim. American "freedom" involves having no human rights whatsoever.

I like mine more.

Whatever, this thread's been f[COLOR=lightgreen]u[/COLOR]cked over by ignorant a[COLOR=lightgreen]s[/COLOR]sholes already.

Posted by Bebop

Quoting Speedfreak:
Whatever, this thread's been f[COLOR=lightgreen]u[/COLOR]cked over by Northerners already.

Fixed.

Posted by Raptor

And I thought America was bad for its east-west/north-south rivalry, but I see it's just the same elsewhere in the world. Stupid. I may just pack extra winter clothing and move to Antarctica. Cold, but at least there's no one there to ***** about the weather or write ****ty songs about how one side has better broads or teeth than the other.

Quoting Stone Cold Crazy: Hey, weren't The Beatles from the North? Then again, I'm not sure, since I'm just an American.

Who cares where the Beatles are from? I had a rough night and I hate the ****in' Beatles, man.

Posted by TendoAddict

Quoting Raptor: And I thought America was bad for its east-west/north-south rivalry, but I see it's just the same elsewhere in the world.

Im sorry you just figured out whats been going on since the dawn of man. There has always been sides that make stupid assumptions about each other and/or do cruel, stupid, wrong, and hateful things to each other. If you thought Britain was a cultural safe haven for the short comings of man then I weep for you.

Quoted post: Stupid. I may just pack extra winter clothing and move to Antarctica. Cold, but at least there's no one there to ***** about the weather or write ****ty songs about how one side has better broads or teeth than the other.

Actually the Seals and Polar Bears have gang war's up there. They also write crappy rap songs about the other side about how they don't have as many be-yoches and Pimp Mobile's as they do. So you can forget about that.

[quote]Who cares where the Beatles are from? I had a rough night and I hate the ****in' Beatles, man.

Im sure the artic needs all of your hate. *** forbid the seals and polar bear get to hears some classic british rock. .

Posted by Raptor

Quoting TendoAddict: Im sorry you just figured out whats been going on since the dawn of man. There has always been sides that make stupid assumptions about each other and/or do cruel, stupid, wrong, and hateful things to each other. If you thought Britain was a cultural safe haven for the short comings of man then I weep for you.

I made no prior assumptions about the nation beforehand, but the fact that most of this thread turned into a southerner vs. northerner argument is disgruntling. But don't weep for me, weep for yourself. You deserve it more.

[quote]Actually the Seals and Polar Bears have gang war's up there. They also write crappy rap songs about the other side about how they don't have as many be-yoches and Pimp Mobile's as they do. So you can forget about that.

Please stop, you're not funny.

[quote]Im sure the artic needs all of your hate. *** forbid the seals and polar bear get to hears some classic british rock. .

My hate. Hahaha. More like my spin on a classic Big Lebowski quote. Get bent.

Posted by Ant

Quoting TendoAddict: Im sorry you just figured out whats been going on since the dawn of man. There has always been sides that make stupid assumptions about each other and/or do cruel, stupid, wrong, and hateful things to each other. If you thought Britain was a cultural safe haven for the short comings of man then I weep for you.

Actually the Seals and Polar Bears have gang war's up there. They also write crappy rap songs about the other side about how they don't have as many be-yoches and Pimp Mobile's as they do. So you can forget about that.

Im sure the artic needs all of your hate. *** forbid the seals and polar bear get to hears some classic british rock. .

I couldn't help but think throughout reading your post, this thought, "POLAR BEARS DO NOT LIVE IN ANTarctica!" Very important.

Pre-Edit: I realize you refer to it as the "artic" in your post, but Raptor said Antarctica. fukken awesomely IMPORTANT!

Posted by TendoAddict

Quoting Raptor: I made no prior assumptions about the nation beforehand,

"And I thought America was bad for its east-west/north-south rivalry, but I see it's just the same elsewhere in the world."

This tells me that you assumed that the country didn't have it as bad of rivalry as we did in the states.

I said to you that its obvious that this kinda thing would go on because each culture really has the same thing going on.

Simple.

[quote]
But don't weep for me, weep for yourself. You deserve it more.

Please stop, you're not funny.

Get bent.

Such hate, tis a shame.

Look, in all seriousness in your situation I would just go to Britain. Few have an opportunity like you. I would take it at least.

Posted by Average n00b

I lived in England for eleven years of my life, now I'm in this crappy place where I like to call Florida, I MIGHT move back in the winter, but..I've never been to Manchester, though I've heard both fun sides and bad sides of it, *Siiiigh* I want to see Camberley again.

But anyway, if you're going to move, think about it for a while.

The weather? Hm. I faintly remember it being very sunny in the summer, it's an awsome time for kid's to play with watergun's, play footie, and hang out. The winter..It's only snowed two times in my life over there. And hardly any thunderstorms! Well, where I lived anyway.

I say next year me and Raptor swap houses.

Posted by Raptor

Quoting Ant: I couldn't help but think throughout reading your post, this thought, "POLAR BEARS DO NOT LIVE IN ANTarctica!" Very important.

Exactly. To live in Antarctica as well they would have to be bi-polar bears, and I do not like that denotation.

Posted by Raptor

Anyway, I'm in the process of applying for a passport.

Posted by Bebop

Theres one thing you need to be careful of Raptor. Britain is very different. well basically live is like a hurricane here in Duckberg. Race cars, lasers and airplanes. It's a duck blur. Life's all a mystery, or rewrite history! DUCK TALES! WOOO WOOO

Overused.

Posted by Bebop

The day Duck Tales can be over used is the day Muffla learns how to spell and use grammar. WOOO WOOO!!!

Posted by Raptor

This is the first time I've heard someone mention DuckTales in months. It's one of my favourite cartoons of all time.

Posted by Shade

Quoting Bebop: No they werent. That was a marketting technique so people would pity them and buy their songs. In actual fact they were from the south and very well educated. I mean, you cant expect a northener to play an instrument can you?

I smell Civil War!

Posted by Omni

Yeah, given all the apparent separatism going on over there, it could happen, assuming that the folks on this board are a representative general of the entire population, which could be highly unlikely...

Still, interesting thought. Also, it's funny how over there, the Northerners are supposedly the uneducated bumpkins and the Southerners are the refined...

Posted by Shade

After all, our country was made out of anti-British thinking. It's only right that we be opposite to them.

Posted by Bebop

There have been civial wars. All won by the south of course.

Posted by Kit

It was an unfair fight, you all had proper weapons and we were just poor farmers, we just had fire and pitchforks. :(

Posted by Bebop

Dont mess with these Americans heads. You cannot afford pitchforks! You still use your hands like the apes from the trees. Your main attack force was rocks. Alas using your main food supply as a weapon swayed in our favour.

Posted by Kit

Actually, We also had 2 Southies to 1 Northy, and we still killed 99.999% of your army. BECAUSE WE ARE REAL MEN LOLOLOL.
But yeah, We can still beat you lot in a fight. We have petrol bombs and "Nuts" magazine, BECAUSE WE ARE HARD. Teeheehee.

Posted by Omni

Like you British ever resort to fighting. We all know you use your legendary diplomatic skills and etiquette to resolve things like gentlemen. [spoiler]America rules![/spoiler]

Posted by mis0

Quoting Stone Cold Crazy: Still, interesting thought. Also, it's funny how over there, the Northerners are supposedly the uneducated bumpkins and the Southerners are the refined...

Actually, neither north nor south are very refined, because they're all British. You can't expect much from a country that's got such awful cooking as you will find in the UK. [spoiler]get mad, bebop. make me lol[/spoiler]

Posted by Shade

Quoting Stone Cold Crazy: Like you British ever resort to fighting. We all know you use your legendary diplomatic skills and etiquette to resolve things like gentlemen. [spoiler]America rules![/spoiler]

And if that fails, they bite into the other person's neck with their enormous buck teeth.

Rar!

Posted by Bj Blaskowitz

don't you have to get a work visa?

Not sure, but I think it depends on what you're coming over for. I'll ask my housemate, she moved over from NY a few years ago.

Posted by Sable Wind

I'm sure you know this Raptor, but just keep in mind that no matter where you go, there will always, always be the same exact people you hated before--except now, they speak differently.