Best book you've read

Posted by Gamer

The best book I've read is by S.K. The Dark Tower II: The Drawing of the Three.

Posted by Dandelion

It would have to be...hmm...Go Ask Alice. It's only a diary, and it's piecie, but it's good.

Posted by Fiindil

hmmm... probably Minority Report (and other stories) by Phillip K Dick :P

Posted by Kamek

His Dark Materials Triology - Phillip Pullman

Posted by Ch

"Why do Clocks Run Clockwise? and other Imponderables" by David Feldman. All facts.

Posted by Pete

George Orwell - Nineteen Eighty-Four

Posted by Klarth

Quoting Fiindil: hmmm... probably Minority Report (and other stories) by Phillip K Dick :P

I think I love you.

The best thing he wrote was A Scanner Darkly, which is still my favourite book... The film comes out in a matter of months, and Keanu Reeves plays Bob Arctor, which should be interesting.

Posted by Fate

A Civil Action, by Johnathan Harr.

Good for lawsuit-failure lovers.

Posted by Xero

The best books I've read were the Harry potter books. They just captivate me from the beginning to the end. :devil:

Posted by Vampnagel P. Wingpire

Your sig is revolting.

I have favourite series...not really specific books, although I do enjoy Elfshadow, by Elaine Cunningham. Series would have to include The Wheel of Time and His Dark Materials.

Posted by Mixhael

Quoting Pete: George Orwell - Nineteen Eighty-Four

Same.

Posted by cheese_muncher

You know i'm going to have to say Dracula by Bram Stoker

Posted by Fiindil

reading that atm ^_^ yay! seems fairly good at the moment

Posted by Last Fog

Beowulf

Posted by Axis

The Count of Monte Cristo

Posted by Early Demise

Memours by John Quincy Adams!

Posted by RandomizeR

Quoting Flame ghost: The best books I've read were the Harry potter books. They just captivate me from the beginning to the end. :devil:

Me too.

Posted by Y4kMISFIT

I just finished David Copperfield, a really good book, i can't believe i finished it. But I'd have to say my favorite book is The Catcher is the Rye. I've read it 3 times already.

Posted by Bj Blaskowitz

Ender's Game, by Orson Scott Card

followed closely by Atlas Shrugged, by Ayn Rand and A Game of Thrones, by George R R Martin

Posted by William

I have two actually.

One is entitled "Mirror", and the other is "The House that Jack Built", both authored by Graham Masterton. Both are amazing, and if you have yet to read either...definitely read them. They're worth it.

I'll post each book's synopsis' as well...

Mirror:

A screenwriter becomes obsessed with a Hollywood child star murdered in the 1930s. Fifty years after his death he has the idea of making a movie that will bring him back to life. But the mirror he buys from his idol's house is possessed and those who tamper with it risk unleashing a terrible evil that threatens to overwhelm everything in its path...
A fascinating tale, full of decadence, obsession and grotesque imagery. Alongside several well staged scenes of horror, there's an intriguing examination of what it might be like to step inside your own mirror-image. An engaging twist on Lewis Carroll's Through The Looking Glass.

The House that Jack Built:

Craig Bellman, a successful young lawyer is badly injured in a street mugging. As part of his convalescence he and his wife, Effie head out to the country where they stumble across a derelict mansion called Valhalla. Against Effie's advice, Craig decides to buy the house, and it's only then that he learns it was built by legendary gambler, Jack Belias, and that every owner since Belias has been dogged by tragedy.
The House That Jack Built is a terrifying psychological thriller set in a house which seems to exist within alternate worlds where nothing is as it seems.

Posted by Jak Pattinson

elfshadow which was ritten elane cuningham was a pretty cool book. so was minority report. that was written by some guy called philip. i forgot his full name, but it is a intresting pick-up.

Posted by El Capitan

I guess Great Expectations but The ***father and The Jungle are close for that number two spot.

Posted by Sanity's Eclipse

I just got done reading the Resident Evil series (theres six of em) and i thought they were pretty good except for the ones made up by the author (2 & 4)

Posted by mis0

Recently, I'd say Fugitive Days by Bill Ayers. My opinions constantly change as I read. As of the moment, though, I'm writing a story. Not reading anything for a while.

Posted by Morag2

The Wheel of Time series by Robert Jordan, there are 10 of them so far but it's not done, great books.