The Butterfly Effect

Posted by Jazz

This movie was great, i haven't seen the second one yet but its probably going to be good but i don't know who its going to be based on.

Posted by Bebop

The directors cut is really good. I didnt know there was a sequel. I hope not. Hmm not directed or written by the orignal guys. Still curious though.

Posted by Dexter

We almost watched the sequel the other day. I'm sure it won't be as good. I didn't care too much for the first though. I suggest Memento.

Posted by Bebop

Memento is my favorite film but a different kettle of fish to Butterfly all together. What didnt you like about it Dexter? I thought it was pretty good.

Posted by Jazz

I really want to whatch the sequel.

Posted by Dexter

Maybe my expectations were too high or maybe it is difficult for me to take Ashton Kutcher seriously. It didn't leave me with much of a lasting impression and it has been 2 years since I watched it, so remembering the exact reason for being indifferent to this film isn't easy. It wasn't really a bad film, I just didn't care much for it.

Posted by Bebop

Although Jutcher is moslty a comedy 'actor' i thought his perfomrance was pretty good. Personally I picked it up as a rental in blockbuster because it sounded interesting (I like time travel films). I certainly dont remember it hitting theatres or anyone I know seeing it so for me there were no expectations or hype for it to live up to. Thats how I try to watch all films: with as little information as possible.

Posted by Dexter

Ashton Kutcher isn't necessarily a bad actor. He did a fine job in The Guardian and A Lot Like Love. It's just difficult for me to take him seriously. Just like it is difficult for me to take Matthew McConaughey or Jennifer Garner seriously.

Posted by Jazz

My dad suggested it so we watched it!

Posted by Shin-Ra

I need to see this again. I went into the theater thinking it'd be crap because everyone I knew at the time hated it. I really enjoyed it though. The directing style was pretty interesting during the little flashback moments and the whole film was altogether shocking but with a purpose. I think I'll watch the director's cut the next time around because I hear the alternate ending is pretty cool.

Quoting Bebop: I didnt know there was a sequel.

I believe it was a straight to dvd release.

Posted by Arwon

I thought it was ludicrous, but amusing enough. Kinda like a Donnie Darko for the low-brow set. Especially the ending, seemed to be trying a little to hard to tap that vein..

"Blood on my knife or sh!t on my dick" has been added to my day-to-day lexicon, though.
Wait.

They made a sequel!? Gah!

Posted by Jazz

They made a sequel!? Gah!

Get back to Earth my friend.

Posted by Dexter

The sequel really hasn't got much attention, and rightfully so, so I'm not surprised at the number of people who have never heard of it. I only knew of it because I saw a sudden advertisement for it while searching for another film on Netflix.

Posted by Crazy K

I found it to be a find movie, nothing special but nonetheless good. Its in my opinion Ashton Kutcher's best film yet.

As for the sequel I really see no point. The first movie ended like there was no need for a sequel. But it is a straight to DVD movie anyways. I saw the trailer for the the second film and I though it looked like it may be an okay film, but I probably won't be wasting my time with it unless someone tells me its good.

Posted by Jazz

All i think that it was great and i want to see the second one.

Posted by Dexter

I watched the Sequel. Terrible, of course. It was so frustrating. The main character was so annoying. He had a great opportunity to do something amazing and he just kept doing lame things with it. What he had to do to fix things was so simple and I couldn't bay into him not being able to fix it without destroying something else. Terribly done sex scenes. Don't bother with this film.

Posted by Velvet Nightmare

I liked the first one, I was so insulted they made a sequal that I won't even watch it.

Posted by Jazz

Wow, enough said