Which Melee characters do you think will be cut?

Posted by Iris

Simple. Who do you think won't make it into Brawl?

For me, I think we'll lose Dr. Mario and Young Link for sure, just because they're simply clones who's movesets leave little room for alterations.

Falco, Ganondorf, Pichu, and Marth/Roy are probably going to get new movesets if they all make the cut. I don't see much chance in clone characters like there was in Melee.

Ness, Ice Climbers, and Mewtwo seem like they might not make it simply because they aren't really the most popular characters in the Nintendo universe. Ness wasn't really popular in Melee and Earthbound isn't really a popular series. Ice Climbers seemed like a one-time only appearance to me. If you're going to keep them you might as well add Balloon Fighter and Mrs. Pacman. Mewtwo could get cut just for the sake of adding new Pokemon characters.

I can also see Sheik getting cut as well. I liked her, but it seems silly to use her twice since she only appeared once in the Zelda series.

Posted by Zeta

Dr. Mario and Pichu. Young Link should stay, since Link is a kid in pretty much every Zelda game.

[quote]Ness wasn't really popular in Melee and Earthbound isn't really a popular series.

I can also see Sheik getting cut as well. I liked her, but it seems silly to use her twice since she only appeared once in the Zelda series.

Ness has only been in one of the Mother games, and it's most likely he'll be in the third Smash Bros. since Mother is pretty popular in Japan. :cookie:

Posted by Last Fog

mr. game and watch?

Posted by Iris

I don't think Nintendo would include characters that are almost Japan-exclusive. They know better. They've always picked characters that are popular almost everywhere.

I don't think Ness would appeal at all to most American players.

Posted by Dexter

Dr. Mario would probably go, since he doesn't have many fans and there's already a Mario.

Posted by Zeta

Quoting Iris: They've always picked characters that are popular almost everywhere.

*Looks at Roy and Marth*

Posted by Iris

Fire Emblem is a pretty accessible series in the U.S.

Posted by Zeta

Only after Melee was released. Marth and Roy were from FE1 and 6, respectively. U.S. didn't get any FE games until 7.

Posted by Iris

Ah. I've only played like 2 Fire Emblem games and hated them both. I wouldn't know which characters appeared in each addition. :o

Posted by Vampiro V. Empire

Quoted post: Ness wasn't really popular in Melee and Earthbound isn't really a popular series.

Mother/Earthbound is an incredibly popular game. Even outside Japan. Ness will most likely stay, but be totally revamped.

Anywho, Dr. Mario and Pichu mostly. Not needed at all. Sheik I can see going, because ZSS looks like she plays very similar. I have a feeling Young Link will stay but be turned into the WW version. Ice Climbers will probably be booted, and Mewtwo I can see going also. But not quite sure.

Posted by S

If they cut Doc, I'll be a sad sad panda. I honestly hope that they don't, I really enjoy his move sets more than normal Mario.

Besides that, I think that they'll cut Pichu, Ice Climbers, and maybe Mewtwo.

Posted by WackoHater2

I'm hoping to see Ness and Ice Climbers removed. Other than that, I don't care much.

Posted by Dark Bulb 4.3

from a smashboarder point of view

Easily mewtwo and pichu. Least used in competative play and least popular as well. I'd rather see mario cut instead of dr mario. Young link and link, meh, both are different on a different scale. Sheik should have her own down b special, so I'd rather see her as a seperate character than nuked. I'd rather not think of them taking out characters at all. Just keep adding

But mewtwo and pichu

I like Mewtwo :(

Posted by Zeta

I usually have fun the few times I play as him. Best evil laugh ever.

Posted by Kit

I heard they were getting rid of Ice Climbers and Mr. Game and Watch, and getting Ridley, Wind Waker Link and Baby Bowser. No news of it since then, and I heard about it over 6 months ago, so it was probably fake.

Anyway, I'd get rid of Dr. Mario, Pichu, Falco and Ganondorf, or give Ganondorf his sword to attack with.

Posted by Arwon

From the trailer, Fox looks like he has a new style, so perhaps Falco will retain his basic moveset instead.

Posted by Fate

Maybe Dr. Mario will be an outfit of regular Mario. I hope a tanuki suit is an alternate outfit. Screw that color-changing thing. Spice it up!

Mr. GameWatchGuySomething might be cut, since he seemed more like a "just unlockable" character. Unless he was already confirmed. I don't follow the news.

Quoted post: I heard they were getting rid of Ice Climbers and Mr. Game and Watch, and getting Ridley, Wind Waker Link and Baby Bowser. No news of it since then, and I heard about it over 6 months ago, so it was probably fake.

It was a fake rumour.

Quoted post: Mr. GameWatchGuySomething

Mr. Game & Watch. Fukken know your **** lawd oh lawd.

Posted by Xero

[COLOR="DeepSkyBlue"]Pichu or Ganondorf[/COLOR]

Posted by MottaTheHutt

I'll be devestated if they take out the Ice Climbers. ):

Eh, I use them pretty often (<3 desync) and I doubt I'll care that much.

Posted by Xero

[COLOR="DeepSkyBlue"]Most of the time, I play with the Ice Climbers, so I wouldn't want them to go away, but then again...I'd probably try a new character. :) [/COLOR]

Posted by MottaTheHutt

Get rid of Falco. Sentence him to death by hanging, for his tyranical reign of cheapness. ):

Posted by Ch

I don't think Shiek would get cut. She was extremely popular.

Posted by Litbut

Ganondorf should stay. For the challenge facter that he's not normally easy to play with because of his extremely low speed. But a challenge to go against because of his rather high attack power. Mr. Game & Watch, Dr. Mario and other novelty Nintendo characters should appear.

Posted by Creedence

Dr. Mario will probably get kicked out. It was just more fun using normal old Mario or Luigi.

Posted by EvilDeadGamer

Yea, Dr. Mario will probably get kicked, i really hope they dont take Mr. Game and Watch off, i love flicking bacon at people, lol.

Posted by Tendo

Falco, Dr.Mario,Mr. Game and Watch,Ice Climbers, Ganondorf shouldn't get kicked but should get cooler like turn into Ganon or somthing. I really want Roy to stay but he looks a whole lot like Pit and he has the some attacks as Marth so I'm not sure if he'll be in Brawl

Posted by Tendo

Quoting EvilDeadGamer: Yea, Dr. Mario will probably get kicked, i really hope they dont take Mr. Game and Watch off, i love flicking bacon at people, lol.
bacon? I thought he was flicking pancakes
well that shows how much I know about Mr.Game and Watch :stars: