Saddam sentenced to death

Posted by Iris

[URL="http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/15567363/?GT1=8717"]http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/15567363/?GT1=8717[/URL]

Posted by Zeta

Can't say I didn't see that coming.

Posted by Arcadios

They're gonna hang him?

Posted by Roger Smith

A call to our medevil and savage past:)

Posted by WackoHater2

Good riddance.

Posted by Vampiro V. Empire

I saw it coming but I was still surprised. Mainly because of the hanging part.

That **** better hit the net when it happens.

Posted by Boner

Net nothin! They better televise that ****!

Posted by Vampiro V. Empire

It's going to suck on TV, because I'll have to wait through people talking about stuff I don't care about.

Posted by Fei-on Castor

I can't wait until someone pops up a reason as to why it's cruel for the people to hang Saddam. Because you know it's coming.

Posted by Boner

This is why they aren't doing it here.

Posted by Bebop

Hmm I'm not sure what to think of this.

Posted by Iris

[quote=Fei-on Castor]I can't wait until someone pops up a reason as to why it's cruel for the people to hang Saddam. Because you know it's coming.

Actually, lethal injection would seem more appropriate, but I honestly don't care about how they kill him.

Posted by mis0

Everybody and their dog has an IED over there, why not just use one of those!

Posted by Bebop

Surely to keep with Iraqi tradition stoning would be a good option. They could charge money. Boost Iraq's economny while we're at it!

Posted by WackoHater2

Quoting Boner: Net nothin! They better televise that ****!

I agree, can't rep you at the moment though. I'd love to see it.

Posted by Arcadios

It's like New Years in Iraq since his verdict.

Posted by Proto Man

lol, I wasn't suprised when I heard the verdict of death, but WAS suprised to hear it was by hanging. I wish WE still did it by hanging. :(

Posted by Fei-on Castor

Quoting Arcadios: It's like New Years in Iraq since his verdict.

Except in Tikrit and other Sunni regions, where the people are demanding that Saddam be put back in control of Iraq.

Posted by Raptor

Poor guy.

Posted by Random

Quoting Raptor: Poor guy.

don't be retarded.. He was a dictator who killed a few million people. He deserves what he gets.. If anything I think it should be a slow painful death..

Geez its too bad we couldn't put him in a real "Saw" (like the movie) scenario rofl and televise that.. That'd be worth watching har har..

Posted by mis0

Quoting Random: don't be retarded.. He was a dictator who killed a few million people. He deserves what he gets.. If anything I think it should be a slow painful death..

Geez its too bad we couldn't put him in a real "Saw" (like the movie) scenario rofl and televise that.. That'd be worth watching har har..

Yeah, because that would make us so much better than him, rite? RITE?

I agree, he's a terrible guy, but for those he hasn't wronged (the American people at large) it's disappionting to see them so rabid about an execution. There is something wrong with you lot for wanting to brutalize someone on national TV so badly. And, besides, they're arguing that he killed thousands of Iraqis, right? We did too. OOPS! But it's different guys, I promise!

Posted by Random

Quoting Misoxeny: Yeah, because that would make us so much better than him, rite? RITE?

I agree, he's a terrible guy, but for those he hasn't wronged (the American people at large) it's disappionting to see them so rabid about an execution. There is something wrong with you lot for wanting to brutalize someone on national TV so badly. And, besides, they're arguing that he killed thousands of Iraqis, right? We did too. OOPS! But it's different guys, I promise!

He killed probably more like a million of his own people... Not only that but he killed innocent people with gasing experiments. We killed them to either invade or defend. Were there innocent Iraqi's that are dying? Sure but Saddam is just another dictator. A hitler wannabe in life..

He gets what he deserves. I would really like to see him suffer..

Posted by CynicalBastard

Quoting Random: I would really like to see him suffer..

Sadistic pleasure is such a wonderful thing in our modern, (not so) civilized world!

No but seriously, what's your philosophical justification for killing someone brutally and making them suffer, I'd be curious to know?

Posted by mis0

Quoting Random: He killed probably more like a million of his own people... Not only that but he killed innocent people with gasing experiments. We killed them to either invade or defend. Were there innocent Iraqi's that are dying? Sure but Saddam is just another dictator. A hitler wannabe in life..

He gets what he deserves. I would really like to see him suffer..

First, if you don't wanna read the whole thing, just read the last paragraph. If you're game for the whole thing, read on.

Our invasion into Iraq has caused conditions that are responsible for the deaths of 50,000 people. Obviously, we didn't drop bombs on or shoot each of these individuals, but our invasion is responsible for inciting the violence and terrorism (there were NO terrorists or terrorist activities in Iraq prior to our invasion), so it is our fault. And, truth be told, our bombs and bullets have directly killed hundreds if not thousands of INNOCENT CIVILIANS.

Are we not killing innocent Iraqis like Saddam did? You can't truely say that what we're doing is a good thing for the region - it has promoted extreme violence, and the weak "democracy" we've instilled there will probably fail. Not to mention the civil war which Iraq is on the verge of.

Spreading "democracy" by force is ironic - they should have to choose, not have some foreign entity decide their futures. It's not like they couldn't have overcome Saddam if they wanted to - greatly outnumbered colonial settlers overcame British rule, and France went through a revolution as well. The difference was that the people decided to free themselves, not a foreign country stepping in and deciding what was best.

Anyway, if you think that we have pure and honorable ideals and that is why Iraq must bend to our will, and Saddam must be killed, then you're living in a fanatasy world. Research all of the things this country has done to its own people. You'd be surprised. Executing Saddam won't be any glorious moment, nor a historical event.

The fact that you're so actively engaged in this hatred and passion to see him brutalized basically solidifies my point - that you're no better than he is. You want him tortured, maimed, and to see him suffer, all on television as entertainment, no less. Saddam hasn't done anything to you, just like the Kurds he massacred hadn't done anything to him, yet you both want to torture, maim, and murder.

Ironic.

Posted by Bebop

They shouldnt kill him. That is my opinion.

Posted by Arwon

I'm just amused at the timing. I hear if this doesn't swing the polls they're going to whip out Osama's body tomorrow.

Posted by Sapphire Rose

After they hang him they should tell a bunch of Mexicans that there is a pinata so they come beat his dead body.

Why? Because it'd be kind of funny.

Posted by Pit

Quoting Sapphire Rose: After they hang him they should tell a bunch of Mexicans that there is a pinata so they come beat his dead body.

Why? Because it'd be kind of funny.

yeah no

Posted by Arwon

I'm also amused by the hypocrisy of world leaders who are against the death penalty supporting it here. John Howard, our bastard of a prime minister, being a case in point.

Posted by higbvuyb

Killing him serves no purpose except to make him a martyr, and to make primitive people say 'two wrongs make a right, oh yeah awesome' or something like that.

It's funny how people don't realise that:
Because of the US being an *** in the UN, tousands of people have died because of sanctions
Because the US put Saddam there in the first place, many people died
Because the US decicded to bomb Iraq, thousands of civilians died'
Because the US government is retarded enough to put Rumsfeld in charge of fixing up Iraq, thousands of civilians died
Because the US government decided to invade, they caused hundreds of thousands, if not a million direct/indirect deaths.

The US is responsible for far, far more deaths of innocent civilians, in a far shorter length of time. And the US has to be more consistent. It didn't care when a mass murderer ten times worse than Saddam was sentenced to, not death, but life, but since Saddam's death will serve their party better in the elections, they're going for his throat.

No civilised person supports the death penalty. If you do and you think you're civilised, then you're mistaken.

Posted by Arwon

2 of those things are true and 2 of those things are slightly true. I'll leave it as an exercise to the reader to work out which.

Posted by Bj Blaskowitz

Quoting Arwon: I'm also amused by the hypocrisy of world leaders who are against the death penalty supporting it here. John Howard, our bastard of a prime minister, being a case in point.

kinda like the hypocrisy of so many pro abortion people being against the death penalty? If anything has lost its status as "human being" I'd say it's Saddam Hussein and not baby john doe. But what do I know, I'm just consistent?

Posted by Bj Blaskowitz

I say let the Iraqi people decide what to do with him. Oh wait...

hey guys, I didn't hear about you protesting the anniversary of this travesty http://www.law.umkc.edu/faculty/projects/ftrials/nuremberg/meetthedefendants.html

Posted by Lord of Spam

1)random is an idiot, again
2) hipocrasy, etc, shouldnt kill him
3) for the record, yeah, killing the nuremburg guys does sort of make hypocrits out of the whole thing

Posted by Arwon

*** ****it BJ, not that old bug-bear again.

Those two positions only contradict logically if you support abortion because you're pro-killing and oppose the death penalty because you're anti-killing.

However virtually no-one actually takes those two positions.

I'm against the death penalty because I'm deeply incomfortable with the idea of a state excercising that sort of cold, deliberative decision to instruct somebody to terminate a life. I also support the right to abort because I don't think the state should have power to make that decision FOR people.

Whereas John Howard saying he's morally opposed to the death penalty at other times, and supporting it here, is direct hypocrisy and therefore amusing.

From a libertarian individual rights type philosophical perspective on the two issues, THE TWO VIEWS ARE NOT CONTRADICTORY. And smug "A-HA, GOTCHA" type smartassery claiming otherwise is a pet peeve of mine.

Posted by higbvuyb

Quoting Arwon: I'm also amused by the hypocrisy of world leaders who are against the death penalty supporting it here. John Howard, our bastard of a prime minister, being a case in point.

Even better, a recent poll in 'The Age' (a newspaper, for those of you who don't live in Victoria/Australia) showed that 65% (of those that replied anyway) did not support killing Saddam.

and:

Quoted post: In April of 1930, Hitler asked Frank to secretly investigate a rumor that he had Jewish blood. Frank reported back that there was a 50-50 chance that Hitler was one-quarter Jewish.

Owned?

Posted by Bj Blaskowitz

Quoting Arwon: *** ****it BJ, not that old bug-bear again.

Those two positions only contradict logically if you support abortion because you're pro-killing and oppose the death penalty because you're anti-killing.

However virtually no-one actually takes those two positions.

I'm against the death penalty because I'm deeply incomfortable with the idea of a state excercising that sort of cold, deliberative decision to instruct somebody to terminate a life. I also support the right to abort because I don't think the state should have power to make that decision FOR people.

Whereas John Howard saying he's morally opposed to the death penalty at other times, and supporting it here, is direct hypocrisy and therefore amusing.

From a libertarian individual rights type philosophical perspective on the two issues, THE TWO VIEWS ARE NOT CONTRADICTORY. And smug "A-HA, GOTCHA" type smartassery claiming otherwise is a pet peeve of mine.

I don't think that the United States has the power to make that decision FOR the Iraqi people. Fair enough? Let them have their closure.

Posted by KoH

I'd prefer to watch him die by a guillotine. His head could be used as a trophy for Bush's next presidential election campaign. I think that'd kick ***. *** knows I'd vote for him.

Posted by Speedfreak

He's getting off easy, the bastard should rot.

Posted by Fei-on Castor

While I am liberal-minded guy, I have no problem with Saddam Hussein dieing. I just wish that it was at the hands of the Iraqi people, you know, the way a goverment usually is overturned by the people, rather than the government being overturned by another country. I've never been in a situation to witness first hand, but I'd guess that when an oppressed nation rises up over their tyrannical leader, it's a pretty glorious day. When the people march their former totalitarian dictator into the public square and hang him in front of the whole country.

It just seems kinda gay, that's all. I mean, a guy like Saddam Hussein, getting "dethroned" by a ridiculously more powerful military, and now we put a government into to place that has decided to execute him... It just seems like it would be better if the Iraqi people did it themselves, you know, because then you probably wouldn't have as much insurgency goin' round.

Furthermore, BJ, abortion has NO relationship to the death penalty (although I have no problem with the death penalty). One of them is a punishment for a person's wrong doings, whereas abortion is oftentimes in the best interest of all the involved parties, including the unborn child. If two people are irresponsible and have unprotected sex and get pregnant while they're still in high school, but decide to keep the baby anyway... Well, I know of many situations like that in real life, and the child never has a happy life because its parents aren't prepared for parenthood yet. I know that if you're not ready for parenthood, you shouldn't be having unprotected sex. But it happens. So what do you when it happens? Raise the child with a miserable life? Deprive it of the opportunities that are presented by being raised in a proper family? Essentially, when someone says that a baby ought to be kept, even though the parents weren't ready, the baby is the victim. Because the parents are going to be miserable now, with this kid in their life, but it's their fault because of a decision that they made. But the baby is gonna be miserable, and s/he hasn't made any bad decisions.

Having said that, I do feel that we are too leanient about abortions. While I do think they should be available, I also think they should not be as accesible as they are because then people develop an internal liscense to be irresponsible, knowing that even if it should happen, there's an alternative. I mean, I was raised to believe it was a rather shameful thing to have to do, and it seems to become more and more accepted everyday.

Hey, not quite on topic, but kinda... You know how Iraq is a terribly unsafe place to be right now? You know how the residents there can't ever be certain when the gunfire is gonna go off again, or when some stupid extremist is gonna blow something up? Do you suppose it was that awful to live there when Saddam Hussein was in power? Or do you suppose that no one could get away with blowing stuff up, except him? Maybe that's why they weren't already a democracy. Because when you take this specific group of people and give them freedom, many of them will abuse it. I'd bet that Saddam knew this and that's probably why he was so ironfisted with them.

Posted by higbvuyb

Abortions should be banned unless the mother's life is in danger, or it wasn't their fault. (Irresponsibility is your fault, face it). It's basically murder.

Just like the case where a woman shot herself in order to kill her baby who was due to be born on that day. Murder charges were dropped, apparently it was an 'abortion'. It's a complete ****ing baby, how the hell can that not be murder? Just put it up for adoption. I'd ratehr be adopted than dead.

Anyway, his execution isn't in line with (almost) basically every other sentence for war crimes/crimes agaisnt humanity. Which the US accepted without protest. Now, they're banging on about how they should kill Saddam. Double standards? Or is it just because they want to exploit someone's death because they think it would give them bigger election chances?

Posted by Bebop

What do you mean in the case when it wasnt their fault? Such as what? Rape?

Posted by higbvuyb

Quoting Bebop: What do you mean in the case when it wasnt their fault? Such as what? Rape?

Yes.

And OT, but why does Klarth look banned?

Posted by mis0

Quoting Bebop: What do you mean in the case when it wasnt their fault? Such as what? Rape?
Don't even go there. You've argued this before, and remember how it turned out? Uh-huh, that's right.

If you must relive it, here ya go: http://www.vgchat.com/showthread.php?t=15018

Posted by Bj Blaskowitz

Quoting higbvuyb:
Anyway, his execution isn't in line with (almost) basically every other sentence for war crimes/crimes agaisnt humanity. Which the US accepted without protest. Now, they're banging on about how they should kill Saddam. Double standards? Or is it just because they want to exploit someone's death because they think it would give them bigger election chances?

are you serious?!

Posted by Bebop

Quoting higbvuyb: Yes.

And OT, but why does Klarth look banned?

I don't beleive a baby should die because of the relationship of the parents. Happily married, divorced, raped, just friends, or otherwise.

Posted by mis0

HEY IDIOT, WE ALREADY DISCUSSED THAT, AND YOU WERE WRONG AS USUAL. [url=http://www.vgchat.com/showthread.php?t=15018]LOOK[/url]

Posted by Bebop

Sweet Mary. You take stupidity to another level. If you get any dumber we can start calling you 'special'.
To make it easy enough for your clearly lesser brain capacity to compute this, I was replying to Hig's post on abortion. Not rape blame.
If you struggle to understand that I suggest asking your carer for help.
If that fails insert a corkscrew into your neck. As soon as your body loses enough blood and you become weak you'll improve the earth!

Posted by GameMiestro

This is one of those "sigh and shake my head moments", directed at Bebop.

I really don't see how putting Saddam to death is necessary. He's not going to be able to do much in prison... plus, this goes against every Biblic code that President Bush says he abides by.

Posted by Bebop

Because I dont beleive in abortion? Whatever you say, KILLER!

Posted by GameMiestro

[quote=Bebop]Because I dont beleive in abortion? Whatever you say, KILLER!

What? I didn't say anything about abor...

Never mind. Have a cookie. :)

Posted by Bebop

See post 48. If you still have trouble figuring out where you went wrong I recommend two things.

1> Jump off a bridge
2> Jump off a bridge

Posted by Arwon

THANK G[COLOR=WHITE]O[/COLOR]D FOR ABORTIONS

Posted by Bj Blaskowitz

thank *** for civilian casualties!

Posted by mis0

Quoting Bebop: Sweet Mary. You take stupidity to another level. If you get any dumber we can start calling you 'special'.
To make it easy enough for your clearly lesser brain capacity to compute this, I was replying to Hig's post on abortion. Not rape blame.
If you struggle to understand that I suggest asking your carer for help.
If that fails insert a corkscrew into your neck. As soon as your body loses enough blood and you become weak you'll improve the earth!

[quote]What do you mean in the case when it wasnt their fault? Such as what? Rape?
I don't care about the context, it's the implied arguement! Now sod off, you chav.

Posted by Speedfreak

There is no implied arguement. Bebop doesn't think women are automatically to blame for rape.

Posted by Bebop

Quoting Misoxeny: I don't care about the context, it's the implied arguement! Now sod off, you chav.

Implied argument? What the Jiminy H Cricket are you on about? I asked him if he was referring to rape pregnencies becuase it was the only situation I could think of where a pregnancy would not be a womans fault.

Even though I think pregnancy is a 2 way thing. Its neither one persons fault nor the other. It takes too to make a baby (and a brother and sister to make Misoxeney)

Posted by mis0

Quoting Bebop: Implied argument? What the Jiminy H Cricket are you on about? I asked him if he was referring to rape pregnencies becuase it was the only situation I could think of where a pregnancy would not be a womans fault.

Even though I think pregnancy is a 2 way thing. Its neither one persons fault nor the other. It takes too to make a baby (and a brother and sister to make Misoxeney)

That's really not insulting coming from someone whos lacking more than a few chromosomes himself.

The statement I originally quoted you as saying seemed sarcastic considering your general opinion on rape. Maybe it wasn't intended as so, I just assumed it was. That is the crux of the misunderstanding here, which seems to be my fault.

Yes, unlike you, I admit when I'm wrong. You should try it too.

Posted by Bebop

I do admit Im wrong when I am wrong.

Dont confuse being awesome with arrogance.

Posted by mis0

You're being arrogant right there.

Posted by Bebop

No Im not. Arrogant would be not admitting your worng when your wrong. Im not admitting Im wrong when Im not wrong*. See the differnce?

*[spoiler]See what I did there? I used 'your' referring to you in the example of arrogance because Im not. And I used 'I' referring to myself in the statement about being correct. I thought it was rather clever. Im going to reward myself with a chocolate digestive.[/spoiler]

Posted by mis0

You are short a few chromosomes.

Posted by Bebop

Ha ha you're an idiot. Thankfully incest means your life span is shorter than mine.

Posted by mis0

You ought to be castrated. People with such an utter lack of intellect, such as yourself, needn't procreate. If you in any way are an accurate representation of the average denizen of the United Kingdom, then it's clear we have quite the surplus!

[spoiler]by saying "denizen", i implied that you're subhuman! tee-hee[/spoiler]

Posted by Bebop

Basically this is going nowhere. Its the same case of you saying something retarded and me outdoing you. Youve already made an idiot of yourself in this thread so I kind of feel like Im beating a dead horse. I question whether its morally right to mock someone as defected as you. Its over. Misoxeney is finished.

Posted by KoH

Wasn't that a joke though?

Posted by mis0

Quoting Bebop: Basically this is going nowhere. Its the same case of you saying something retarded and me outdoing you. Youve already made an idiot of yourself in this thread so I kind of feel like Im beating a dead horse. I question whether its morally right to mock someone as defected as you. Its over. Misoxeney is finished.

It's really funny that you take this so seriously, when I was basically just trying to get a rise out of you because you're stupid.

Look:

[quote=Idiot]Dont confuse being awesome with arrogance.
Right. So, you consider yourself awesome, yet you can barely form coherent statements (it's "don't", btw). That is arrogance. But don't take my word for it, listen to Merriam Webster:

[quote=Merriam Webster Online]exaggerating or disposed to exaggerate one's own worth or importance often by an overbearing manner

http://www.merriamwebster.com/dictionary/Arrogant
That's exactly what you're being. I admited that I was wrong about my assumption. Then you have to go and say that you're always right (because you've never ever admitted to being wrong) and that it's because you're "awesome".

Contradictions, contradictions, comrade! You need to actually think before arguing, especially with me, because I'll pick apart every word you say, and find the wrong in it. The only thing you've proven is that you'll stoop to incredibly low levels to "win", and then you claim the moral highground while at it. Whatever. This is the Internet(s), and anyone who takes it as seriously as you do probably has some degree of mental illness that provokes such absolute need for validation and anger towards anyone who threatens you and your meager opinions.

Just stop. Stop insulting me, stop insulting yourself, stop being irrational, stop acting like you're "awesome", stop claiming the moral highground, and stop posting. You're not right, and I'm just sick of you. Nigh on everyone is. The only reason you "win" arguments is because you keep pouring your drivel to no foreseeable end. It's not because you're right, it's because you're hopelessly childish and you have nothing in the way of logical debate skills.

That being said, like I did for a period in the past, I'm ignoring you if you reply with drivel. I have a life, and I refuse to waste it on childish, inane fools. And if you continue to be one, you're not worth the time of day.

Posted by higbvuyb

Learn to tell teh difference between something serious and not serious. IT WAS A JOKE. No need to get so arsed over it.

Posted by Bebop

[quote]yet you can barely form coherent statements (it's "don't", btw)

Ha ha oh wow. Im sorry my posts are too incoherent for you.

WAIT I MEAN "I'M"! "I'M"!!!!!!

Posted by mis0

Quoting higbvuyb: Learn to tell teh difference between something serious and not serious. IT WAS A JOKE. No need to get so arsed over it.

Learn to read. That's what I told Bebop, and I made it pretty clear to him that he takes things to seriously. I mean, for one thing, I was just returning his insults with some very clearly sarcastic ones. Highlight my castration post, and tell me that I'm being serious.

hahaha no.