Dumb Customers

Posted by Bebop

I'm at work yesterday. At out cineam we only have the most basic coffee machines. We dont even have regular coffee. Thats how basic.

"Hi, can I get a cafe latte?"
"I'm sorry sir we only have decaf and expresso"
"Oh........"
"......."
"Can I get a cafe latte?"

What the phuck I just told this dick we dont do it.

Share your dumb customer experiences.

Posted by Lord of Spam

People not speasking english but expecting me to help them is hte most common. After that, its people asking where the bathrooms are, as they stand right next to them.

One example that springs to mind though is an old woman who was trying to help her grandson get a suit for homecoming or some such faggotry. Now, I'm 5'11", and **** near 200 pounds, and wear a 16 1/2 x 34/35 shirt (16 and a half inches around the neck, 34 inches from between the shoulderblades to the wrist). This kid must have been a foot baller or a wrestler or something, though. He was huge (at least 230 or so, an an inch or two shorter) and this old lady says "so what neck size do yu think he needs? Im pretty sure hes a 14." I said "Well, ma'am, I'm a 16.5, and he's bigger than I am, so im guessing maybe 17 or 18"

Apparently she thought I was calling her stupid or something, becase she got really indignant and kept telling me that I was wrong. "Get a measuring tape" she said, so i did. The kid was an 18.5 (which is so big that we dont even carry that size). She then told me that I didnt know how to measure and that I shouldnt be working there. By this time, one of the guys in the suits department who is the coolest guy ever (he's worked there for like 30 years, and can tell you your size just by looking at you) came over and did the usual "what seems to be the problem" thing. She went on about how im stupid and didnt know how to size the kid right, and said "so what do you think, a 14 right?"

When he started laughing in her face she just sort of got huffy and walked away. I actually felt kind of bad for the kid though. You could tell he had grown up with that sort of overbearing douchebag his whole life, and barely ever said a word the entire time. Which is funny, because he could have snapped her like a dry twig.

Posted by WackoHater2

I wasn't the cashier, but I was behind the guy. He had an excuse, so I kinda felt bad. We were in Wawa, and he had recently had an operation and was still a little woozy, he had a friend with him. He tried to pay for his food with a Shop Rite card, and started crying when the lady wouldn't accept it. His friend payed in cash and they left.

EDIT: I am not saying he is dumb, he had an excuse to be acting that way. Just sharing my story.

Posted by Raptor

"Excuse me, my daughter has this thing called an... *looks at a sticky note he's holding* ...eyepod. I've been looking around the store for an hour and I can't find the... *looks at the note* mp3's for it."

Posted by WILLETH FOR MONTHS

I also work in a cinema (and may I say, the thought that myself an Bebop have anything in common is nauseating), but the one thing that really annoys me is that I have to be polite to the people that try to get into a film that they're not old enough for.

Now if they come up for, say, The Grudge 2, and one of them is clearly about 12 (the film's a 15), I'll ask them if they're all over 15 and of course they say yes. Then I'll ask them if they can prove it. And of course they never can.

The amount of times I explain that it has to be legal proof of age always amazes me. I've seen student cards, NI cards (which boldly state in giant block letters THIS IS NOT PROOF OF AGE), debit cards, "BUT YOU HAVE TO BE OVER 16 TO GET ONE!" (uh, no you don't), and of course "but the girl at the front desk let us through!" Yes, that's why we check multiple times. Human error can be a bitch. "But we were here last week and it was fine! We come here all the time!" So what. I don't know what you saw - it could have been Open Season for all I know - and you can be damn sure that it wasn't me who let you through to a film you aren't old enough to see. Just go away and get it on DVD when you're a bit older. Be patient, it only takes time.

Then of course there was a mother who took her three five-year olds to see the Departed. And a baby. And the two Muslim guys who were theatre-hopping without tickets scant moments after their Friday prayers.

Posted by Linko_16

I don't know if I want to call him dumb, but I remember when a guy called me over to the bread aisle and explained for fifteen minutes about how one kind of bread was on sale, and another was not. He wasn't complaining or angry, he was just trying to figure out whether he wanted to get the more expensive bread that he wanted, or go for what was on sale... and, for some reason, needed me there for moral support or something.

Posted by Vampiro V. Empire

"I can't get my mouse to work"
"Is it plugged in?"
"Yeah"
"... to the green socket?"
"Green?"
"They're coloured... green, purple, blue, etc"
"It's in the purple one"
"Yeah..."

Posted by Vg200x

lmao I work at wal-mart, I don't no where some people get there questions from, a ladie walked in asked where the books were, all I have to do is point to the left BLAM there they were,there right at the door and she had about 30 seconds to look where she was.

Posted by WackoHater2

I went into BJ's this past Saturday. I was looking for the new Evanescence CD. I walked by the CDs at least 3 times before I finally asked someone. I felt kinda dumb..

Posted by Lord of Spam

You are, for not being able to find it, fo rliking evanescence, and for paying for music.

Triple threat idiocy!

Posted by Bebop

Ha ha yeh only idiots rlik evanescence!

Posted by Kodachi

My friend told me this one a few times.
"Best Buy Commack, customer service. How may I direct your call?"
"Is this TVs?"
"No, this is customer service. I'll transfer you to home theater"
"No wait! I want you to transfer me to TVs"

That and we had a giant guy who must have been over 250 pounds spit on, and then threaten our short, rather thin woman manager. When we called the police on him, he tried to say that our manager assaulted him.

Posted by Klarth

Over the summer, while I was working in my brother's web design firm, I got told no end of ridiculous stories about dolts he's had to deal with. He's been halfway through a contract when suddenly the people he's working with decide to call the whole thing off and demand their money back, or insist on using a logo made in Microsoft Wordart, or...

Posted by WackoHater2

Quoting Lord of Spam: You are, for not being able to find it, for liking evanescence, and for paying for music.

Triple threat idiocy!

You have me on liking Evanescence, but I was payed back for the CD.

Posted by Lord of Spam

http://www.limewire.com/english/content/home.shtml

retard

Posted by Speedfreak

[quote=Lord of Spam]and for paying for music.

Some people like to pay their way in life and support the artists creating the masterpieces they enjoy, you hedonistic, spoilt little shit.

So I work(ed) in a supermarket. One time this old guy with scraggly grey hair came up to me and spoke in a thick Scottish accent:

"Excuuse me, do ye have any cceeaaaaks?"

(thinking he said "cakes") "Uh, yeah, they're right over there under the counter. Or if you want them in boxes they're in the next aisle over"

"Ahh, thankee..." *turns back to face me* "...strong, are they?"

There was also a woman with huge fake tits walking around. Her nipple was in full view.

Posted by Lord of Spam

Living in the city with the second highest concentration of adult businesses per capita in the US, ive seen more strippers than you can shake a stick at.

Posted by Speedfreak

And you claim parenting is easy...

I don't think you really understood of my story.

Posted by Lord of Spam

yes, I'm sure when girls see a woman with grossly over done boobs and who talks like a ******* moron, as well as looking like shes 10 years older than she is, they all want to line up to be one.

Thats why, you know, theres all teh girls who want to be strippers now. Oh, wait, no, lots of them are in college trying to be SOMETHING worthwhile. lol wut is logic?

Posted by Raptor

Quoting Vg200x: lmao I work at wal-mart

why am i not surprised, lmao.

Posted by Speedfreak

[quote=Lord of Spam]yes, I'm sure when girls see a woman with grossly over done boobs and who talks like a ******* moron, as well as looking like shes 10 years older than she is, they all want to line up to be one.

Thats why, you know, theres all teh girls who want to be strippers now. Oh, wait, no, lots of them are in college trying to be SOMETHING worthwhile. lol wut is logic?

That doesn't really have anything to do with what I said.

Posted by Bebop

Spam has the tendecy to make stuff up and then 'counter' it. It's a way for his e-penis to grow.

Posted by higbvuyb

Salesmen can be even worse.

Apparently, some guy said 'Don't get an ASUS laptop, they're crap. Get this Sony Vaio' *Holds up a laptop made by ASUS and rebadged by Sony*

Posted by Lord of Spam

Quoting Speedfreak: That doesn't really have anything to do with what I said.

i mention seeing lots of strippers. you mention parenting being hard. if you cant see the connection there, then you need glases.

Quoted post: Apparently, some guy said 'Don't get an ASUS laptop, they're crap. Get this Sony Vaio' *Holds up a laptop made by ASUS and rebadged by Sony*

I've basically seen the same thing, just with a customer.

Though I personally like getting phone calls saying "my router doesn't work can I bring it in" and then I get a tower with a ****ty RAM stick. Apparently people can't tell the difference between a router and a tower.

Posted by WILLETH FOR MONTHS

What really annoys me is that my mum calls my box the 'CPU' and then thinks she's all clever about it.

Posted by Speedfreak

[quote=Lord of Spam]i mention seeing lots of strippers. you mention parenting being hard. if you cant see the connection there, then you need glases.

Yes, that's the connection between your first post and mine. I'm asking about the post you made after mine, thats why I quoted it. Why would I be asking baout the connection between your first post and mine? Why would I be asking myself why I posted?

Quoted post: What really annoys me is that my mum calls my box the 'CPU' and then thinks she's all clever about it.

It's awesome how many people call it that.

Posted by PunkRock Sonic

one time my mom was at the cash register, and she was going to buy meat, the casheir touch's his hair before he touches the meat, my stupid mom says "I don't want that meat" "go and get me another one" oh when my mom argues with employees, it's always a certain group of people, if the person speaks spanish, she hates them

Posted by Omni

Quoting PunkRock Sonic: one time my mom was at the cash register, and she was going to buy meat, the casheir touch's his hair before he touches the meat, my stupid mom says "I don't want that meat" "go and get me another one" oh when my mom argues with employees, it's always a certain group of people, if the person speaks spanish, she hates them

Congratulations on your punctuational excellence.

Posted by Ch

Some lady came into Friendly's one day while I was working counter and she asked how much large cheese pizzas were. That's just fuc[COLOR="White"]k[/COLOR]ing stupid

Posted by Bebop

[QUOTE=Ch

That's so stupid for multiple reasons that I'm actually considering not eating any pizza ever.

Posted by Bebop

I dont know what 'Friendlys' is. Someone explain this to me?

Posted by Ch

Ooops. Friendly's is a restaurant chain in the Northeast United States that is really famous and it's safe to say that it's only famous as an ice cream parlor.

buffet

What could it possibly be?

Spoilers: http://www.friendlys.com/

owned ninja

Posted by Ch

That website is revolting.

(shudders)

Posted by Dark Bulb 4.3

I deal with a handful of creepy customers working at rite aid. Saturday nights is the time sale items are put out on the floor and the supply room is emptied from things on sale. I explain this to this lady that for some reason loves to buy dishwashing liquid. It goes on sale, at the start of the week she buys about 20 pieces, and comes back the next day and buys the rest. The day after she asks if there are any, and you reply there none left there won't be till the following week. She demands me to check in the back, which to shut her up, I go and come back. She gets ****ed and has a insult run on me, so the manager comes along. A whole thing about how stupid I am comes out of her mouth. The manager looked annoyed and asked her what she used it for and she got so insulted "no one has EVER asked me that in past, I so insulted" and marched out. She came back the next day to make sure she didn't miss me someone stocking it.

When cereal seems to be on sale and is completely filled, or candy, or anything, instead of a customer asking for help which I don't mind, they climb. Climb to the overstock anything and climbing the shelves. I just stare since it can be entertaining at times. After they're done, I just point at the shelf and the most common response is
"Oh my ***, I kept looking and didn't see it"
Of course I must reply with
"yup, right in front of you, also, there's a pile of boxes stacked in the front with it, you kinda missed those also"
They usually smile and walk away.

Yea, this one time this old couple went in looking for guitar strings, and were dissapointed rite aid didn't sell them.

Posted by Kit

I was in Woolworth's about 2-3 weeks ago and there was a guy standing in front of me asking to buy a Nintendo Wii. They were explaining that they hadn't been released yet but he kept yelling that his friend's son had one and he wanted to get one for his son.

I think he was probably mixed up with something.

Posted by The Judge

My job as a dept collector:

"Hi, may I speak to Katherine Bates?"
"This is she"
"Hi Katherine, I'm with RAB incorporated. I've called today to try to get this whole situation with your cable debt worked out."
"Um...hold on"
*shuffling sound*
Man: "Hello?"
"Hi, may I please speak to Katherine again?"
"She's not in right now."

Hahaha, that's the greatest one yet.

Posted by The Judge

Lord, you'd hear the strangest stuff, though it was fun to mess with "customers." We were told not to reveal the nature of our business to anyone but the person in question, so you'd get stuff like this:

"Hello, may I please speak to ____"
"What's this regarding?"
"I'm with RAB, and I have an important business matter to discuss with ___"
"Look I've told you people a thousand times already that this isn't his number. Every time you people call and you don't listen. *Fear creeps into her tone* And you always say these cryptic messages"

At this point I'd just go into a very deep and ratty voice, and say "Talk to you later..." and hang up.

But I've dealt with people who put me on "hold" for literally an hour. They just put the phone in front of the TV, so I sat and listened to a soap opera for an hour. They finally grabbed the phone and were shocked to find me still online.