large images: waikiki

Posted by Raptor

Sometime during the short few hours I was on O`ahu on Friday, I managed to wander around Waikiki a little and take the following pictures. The last one was actually taken from the sky train running between the two phases of the Pearlridge Shopping Center uptown, but the rest are downtown.

I had to leave much too soon. I would have loved to stay the night and attend the drum 'n' bass show at one of the local night clubs. And just walking around there under a full moon afterwards, ears ringing, bones jarred and teeth rattled, would have been delightful. Next time, hopefully.

This is just a scant preview. Next time, I hope to have many more, of many different places on the island. It's such a lovely island, and a pleasant city.

Posted by Dexter

Nice. Hawaii appears to have many more overcasts days than I thought it did, which is excellent. I'm really going to enjoy myself there.

I hear the humidity (or something) makes the rain feel more sticky than it does here in Oregon. Do you notice the difference? Does that bother a lot of people?

Posted by Raptor

Thank mountains and trade winds for pleasant cloudy afternoons even in the less rainy regions. Though, this was actually the tail end of an early winter storm. It was only when we got back to Kona that we ran into serious rain.

The rain is a hell of a lot warmer, I know that for certain. I'm not sure about stickiness. It just feels nice. I'm not at all accustomed to non-tropical rain.

where's my blog )=

Posted by Dexter

You have 9 "yes" votes and 0 "no" votes, so Jesse should create it next time he gets on. I can move this thread in there when he does if you'd like.

Warm rain is nice. We played some American football out in it today and the weather was certainly the best part. I feel much more energetic and happy in such rainy weather.

Posted by Raptor

Can't forget the fog, either. There is nothing like traipsing through a cool, foggy mystical wonderland, never knowing what you'll discover at the next turn.

Posted by Slade

Nice pictures.

Fog does make things more interesting. One of my most memorable skating outings was during the middle of a foggy night. Fog always seems to make everything more quiet. All I could hear that night was the sound of our wheels, and I could watch my friends float in and out of view as they raced down the hill ahead of me.

Posted by Raptor

Quoting Slade:
Fog always seems to make everything more quiet.

That is especially true here, if only because most of the noisy metropolitan areas are at elevations too low for fog, and most of the fog occurs up on uninhabitated mountain slopes. It's such a splendid feeling to leave it all behind and go up and get lost in the fog.

Posted by WILLETH FOR MONTHS

Not a fan. It looks like Marmaris with palm trees.

Posted by Raptor

Next time, I hope to get some spectacular shots of some of the delightful beaches and wondrous wilderness up in the majestic mountains. That would be sensational.

Posted by Xero

[COLOR="DeepSkyBlue"]Man. I want to go on vacation now :(

Nice pics. :)[/COLOR]

Posted by D.J Cat

Nice scenery there...will have to try and be there one day...

3rd picture from the top, it looks like you are either really tall or are levitating to take that pic.
Or maybe i'm just weird.

****, the beaches are tiny.
Really tiny in comparison to the beaches over here.

Posted by WILLETH FOR MONTHS

High tide.