My keyboard hates me, What do I do?

Posted by Malevolence

I'll make this quick. Whenever I try to crouch in CSS or BF2142, It makes me crouch, but I move to the right as if pressing the right arrow key. If I try to make the underscore symbol come up, it won't work. I doesn't pop up. If I press caps lock and this ` (Key left of 1) they work as the same function. Both activating caps lock and both opening my console menu in CSS. My percent key the the key to the right of that also won't work when holding shift. This blows. :(|

EDIT : Also, pressing the delete key alone is like pressing Ctrl- ****, The plus sign won't work either. - Pressing delete is also like pressing control alt delete, making the Windows task manager pop up.

Funny, in the first place, control alt delete didn't work.

Posted by KoH

You missed the "f" in "shift" when you typed "Ctrl- ****" unless that was a joke. :)

From what I could understand... and it honestly sounded ****ed up to me, I think you have a defective keyboard. As I recall, through a pictures thread or some sort, you had that illuminating gaming keyboard (forgot the name). Although it'll seem like a waste, I very much doubt that this problem is due to a virus or anything else.

I'm not gonna go through the usual **** where I say "unplug and replug it back in" seeing as how I'm sure you can figure that out yourself. What I am going to suggest though is plugging in another keyboard and seeing if the same thing happens. If your keyboard is ps2, then try a usb keyboard and vice versa. If it turns out that your original keyboard is the only one with these bizarre problems, try and pry out the keys and clean it.

If all else fails, think about a replacement.

That's the ****ty thing about keyboards. If it doesn't work it most likely will stay that way.

Posted by Malevolence

Quoting KoH: You missed the "f" in "shift" when you typed "Ctrl- ****" unless that was a joke. :)

From what I could understand... and it honestly sounded ****ed up to me, I think you have a defective keyboard. As I recall, through a pictures thread or some sort, you had that illuminating gaming keyboard (forgot the name). Although it'll seem like a waste, I very much doubt that this problem is due to a virus or anything else.

I'm not gonna go through the usual **** where I say "unplug and replug it back in" seeing as how I'm sure you can figure that out yourself. What I am going to suggest though is plugging in another keyboard and seeing if the same thing happens. If your keyboard is ps2, then try a usb keyboard and vice versa. If it turns out that your original keyboard is the only one with these bizarre problems, try and pry out the keys and clean it.

If all else fails, think about a replacement.

That's the ****ty thing about keyboards. If it doesn't work it most likely will stay that way.

Hehe, Yeah. The "****" was an outburst since I tried to say Ctrl (Plus sign) Alt (Plus sign) Delete, But when I tried to make the plus sign, it has the same problem. I'm starting to think it is because new mouse software I installed a month or two ago. I'm currently trying to uninstall and reinstall the mouse software, but I seem to have misplaced the disc. :(

It wasn't me that you're talking about with the gaming keyboard hehe, definitely not. I'll try and get a new keyboard for christmas or something, But this **** is annoying in CSS when I crouch...