The Open Door (Evanescence)

Posted by WackoHater2

Has anyone listened to the album yet? It's pretty good so far. I am up to track 4, Lithium. I bought it earlier today. Anyway, discuss.

Posted by Dexter

I've had it for awhile now. I like it, but I don't consider it better than Fallen. "My Immortal" and "Hello" and probably still my favorite songs. I don't know my favorite songs from The Open Door yet, but with more exposure, I'll figure it out.

Posted by WackoHater2

Yeah, Fallen is much better. "Call Me When You're Sober" is my favorite from The Open Door. "Lithium" is pretty good as well.

Posted by Raptor

Quoting Panic: I am up to track 4, Lithium

SMELLS LIKE NIRVANA TRIBUTE

Posted by The Legend of Me

Who's it by? I reconize the title from somewhere.

Posted by Roxas Lover

It's by Evanescence.
And I like this album but like others have said before I think Fallen is better. "Call Me When You're Sober" is good but it doesn't compare to "Hello".

Posted by temari

I've been listening to evanence for a long time and this ( in my
opionon) is one of their best song yet!! your opionon is wanted
here,too,so please post!!

Posted by Vg200x

amy lee gives me the goose bumps.

Posted by Xero

[COLOR="DeepSkyBlue"]The saw the video many times. Amy Lee looks beautiful in it, but you don't see the other guys in the band a lot. The song isen't bad, but I won't get the CD. [/COLOR]

Posted by Gollum

I don't like them, although that video from their first album with the guys with the messed up facing was interesting.

Posted by Sapphire Rose

I'm not the biggest fan of them, though they are great for just unwinding to. Which I usually do at a friends house or something.

Posted by Dexter

Yeah, I'm just not getting into this CD. I've been trying, but I don't think it's going to grow on me anymore than it already has. The formula is just too traditional towards radio standards, making it generic and unexciting for me. I just prefer Within Temptation a whole lot more and I recommend anyone who doesn't know Within Temptation that they check them out, especially if you enjoy Evanescence.

Posted by Xero

[COLOR="DeepSkyBlue"]I enjoyed their first CD, it was great, but listening to "Call me when you're sober", I'm sure the CD will sound the same as the first one and I got tired of the first one, so I won't waste money.[/COLOR]

Posted by Dexter

Well, yeah, if you didn't like Fallen than you probably won't enjoy this CD much at all. I enjoyed a few songs on Fallen and I like metals/rock with female vocals, so I liked it decently enough to check out their new CD. If they ever have another CD, I'll check that out, as well.

I've actually seen Amy Lee in person. Ugly.

Posted by Xero

[COLOR="DeepSkyBlue"]Is she? Oh. I thought she was just naturally good looking 0_o

Ah well. They'll probably make a 3rd CD. In montreal, the CD sold well, so I wouldn't be surprised. [/COLOR]

Posted by Vg200x

Quoting Irrelevant: I don't like them, although that video from their first album with the guys with the messed up facing was interesting.

lol that's the video that gives me goosebumps everytime I see amy lee staring I get chills, If Evanescence broke up I don't think anyone would be heart broken, Amy lee would do a solo and all the other deuch bags would goto diffrent bands.

Posted by Dexter

Amy's voice isn't even that good. :confused:

Posted by Omni

Quoting Panic: Has anyone listened to the album yet?

Not me. I was thinking about downloading some stuff off their first album to see if I like it.

Posted by Dexter

Start off with "Imaginary" or "Hello." I'm sure you've heard enough of them on the radio to determine whether you'll like them or not though.

Posted by Omni

That's just it, I don't really listen to the radio. I mainly hear about things by reading about them or from people I know. I especially avoid Top 40 radio.

Posted by Dexter

Well, radio TV, and stores. They play on TV all the time and "My Immortal" was being played in various stores for a long time. Usually someone would have to be fairly out of the general music scene if they've never heard them before. I bet you'd reconize it if you heard it.

"Bring Me Back to Life" is probably their most popular song.

Posted by Omni

I don't go to music stores, because I download everything I want. I also don't watch music videos on TV if I can help it. I am out of touch with the general music scene. I might have heard it, though. We'll see. The only two bands that are out that are reasonably new that I'm watching to see where they go are Audioslave and Velvet Revolver, which are both supergroups formed out of bands I liked in the 90's.

Posted by Dexter

They don't only play in music stores. I hear them often in grocery stores, too.

But don't worry, I'm often surprised to discover popular bands that I've never heard of. Because I rarely ever listen to the radio myself, I can be quite out of the loop at times.

Posted by Omni

Yeah, but I mainly go to Winn Dixie, and they play elevator muzak.

Posted by Raptor

When it comes to evanescence, I prefer elevator muzak.

Posted by Omni

Quoting Raptor: When it comes to evanescence, I prefer elevator muzak.

Yeah, I downloaded the songs he said for me to listen to, and I have to agree. I probably haven't missed that much music that I'd even be willing to listen to by being out of the general music scene.

Posted by Xero

[COLOR="DeepSkyBlue"]I'm pretty sure we could all find the best song of evanescence on youtube...so we don't even spend for them...but that'd be ****ty for the band...

There is no musak in the elevators where I work :([/COLOR]

Posted by Omni

That's okay, I'm sure you'll manage to survive somehow.

Posted by Xero

[COLOR="DeepSkyBlue"]Work without musak? Are you crazy?[/COLOR]

Posted by Omni

Well, I am, but that's entirely beside the point. I don't know, I guess if you really like it...

Posted by Xero

[COLOR="DeepSkyBlue"]Music is what makes me forget my problems. I just sit and listen to music. I feel so good afterwards :)[/COLOR]

Posted by Omni

Yeah, but do you really like elevator muzak? I mean...seriously? Did you by the Greatest Elevator Hits album?

Posted by Xero

[COLOR="DeepSkyBlue"]Err no. Elavator musak, where I am, plays jazz most of the time. Jazz is, for me, a relaxing music and I enjoy it. When I work, I get a lot of stress. I often need to take the elevator to go to another floor on the shopping mall and I would enjoy hearing a bit of jazz once in a while to make me forget about work for a second ;)[/COLOR]

Posted by Omni

I'm not a big jazz fan, though I like music influenced by jazz, such as Pink Floyd. My father loves jazz.

Posted by Xero

[COLOR="DeepSkyBlue"]Unless you only like really heavy music, jazz can be a music you appreciate even if you never listen to it.

Say, I don't have any jazz CDs, but when I hear some on the radio, I don't switch the ''Channel''. It does not annoy me :)
[/COLOR]

Posted by Omni

It kinda annoys me sometimes, but I can usually tolerate it. I'm not trying to put it down or anything.

Posted by Xero

[COLOR="DeepSkyBlue"]We all have a type of music that annoys us. We can't do anything about it. Country annoys me. I honestly think it's always the same thing. Guitar accoustic with vocals...[/COLOR]

Posted by Omni

Hey, now that's something I can enjoy. Also, country musicians tend to be better live than a lot of other types of artists. Then again, it's all subjective and relative to everyone's personal tastes. [spoiler]Johnny Cash is Go[/spoiler][spoiler]d![/spoiler]

Posted by Delilah

Wow, I am surprised Klarth is not screaming at everybody for even bringing up the band. Anyway, I really like The Open Door. The lyrics were a bit darker than Fallen, but something just did not "click." The sound was not quite the same- I liked it, but in its own way. I still think that their best album was their first, "Origin." The Open Door sounds a lot like that album.

((BTW, does anyone know where I could accquire it from? Stores do not sell it, anymore))

Posted by Xero

Quoting Delilah: Wow, I am surprised Klarth is not screaming at everybody for even bringing up the band.

((BTW, does anyone know where I could accquire it from? Stores do not sell it, anymore

[COLOR="DeepSkyBlue"]
Klarth is not yelling at anyone because he's banned :cookie:

It's impossible that stores don't sell the CD anymore sweetie. My music shop still sells CDs from "The Doors", so I believe they might be out of stock. Order it.

Or if you prefere: [url]www.amazon.com[/url] but you need a credit card ;)[/COLOR]

Posted by Omni

There's no way that they're not still selling this album, since it's fairly new, I think, unless it was a complete and utter commerial flop, and I don't think it was. [spoiler]I didn't rush out and buy one, obviously, though...[/spoiler]

Posted by Delilah

Uh, first off, dude, don't call me sweetie. And I know they do not sell it in stores, because Windup records stoped making the album- it sold for a little while, back in 2003, but then the company quit making more. I don't remember why- some legal issue, I think. I'll try my luck on amazon or ebay, though...

Posted by Omni

Quoting Delilah: Uh, first off, dude, don't call me sweetie.

LOL...

Anyway, they're selling it [URL="http://www.amazon.com/Open-Door-Evanescence/dp/B000FTWB7G"]right here[/URL].

Posted by Delilah

No, I am not looking for the Open Door! I was talking about "Origin"! That is the album that Windup stopped selling.

Posted by Omni

Oops, I don't read things all the way anymore...LOL... Let's see if I can find that, too.

Check [URL="http://cgi.ebay.com/VERY-RARE-SEALED-EVANESCENCE-ORIGIN-BIGWIG-CD-24-99_W0QQitemZ250052240843QQihZ015QQcategoryZ307QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem"]here[/URL], this is probably the best deal if you just want to buy it now, and $4.99 shipping. I think it's sealed and available for $24.99! I changed the link around a little bit after I found a much better deal.

Posted by Delilah

Cool. Thanks. I'll beg and plead to my sister to let me use her credit card... :) :)

Posted by Omni

Hey, I consider you one of my friends, so it was no problem. It was funny how I posted the wrong one at the beginning. Make sure you get the one from right through the link I posted.

Posted by The Legend of Me

Evanescence Old Stuff > New stuff.

Posted by Dexter

Within Temptation Old Stuff > New Stuff

Check it out, motherfools.

Posted by Vampiro V. Empire

Quoted post: ((BTW, does anyone know where I could accquire it from? Stores do not sell it, anymore))

t-t-t-torrents.

isohunt -> Evanescence Discography -> first one.

Only motherfools buy ****ty albums.

Posted by Dexter

I'm still wondering why people are buying music at all. The last CD I bought was Ayreon's The Human Equation.

Posted by Vampiro V. Empire

I usually buy albums from bands that aren't well known, those that need the support. Guess it helps to know that I have one of the 500 or less limited copies in the world, though. But that's not too often. I don't physically own 80% of my music library.

Posted by Dexter

I usually buy CDs if I like the artists enough. Sigur Ros, Gary Stadler, etc.

Posted by Captain Cleanoff

Quoting Xero][COLOR="DeepSkyBlue"]Err no. Elavator musak, where I am, plays jazz most of the time. Jazz is, for me, a relaxing music and I enjoy it. When I work, I get a lot of stress. I often need to take the elevator to go to another floor on the shopping mall and I would enjoy hearing a bit of jazz once in a while to make me forget about work for a second :

Freeform Jazz is fun. I always picture myself driving around downtown in a BMW or Lexus while I listen to it, like a rich snob.

Anyways, Evanescence. All I've heard from the new CD is Call Me When You're Sober. I like it, though the release of the song is pretty classless.

Why? Well, the song is about Amy Lee's ex, the lead singer of Seether. She wrote this as a message to him, as he is an alcoholic, but by the time this was released, he had already checked himself into rehab. The song says "If you loved me, you'd be here with me", but he needs to be in REHAB more than he needs to be by your side. I hope he doesn't call you again, you classless gothic ho.

Posted by Dexter

haha. Nicely said.

But wait, the lead singer of Saliva? I thought he was the lead singer of Seether or something like that? :confused:

Yeah, Seether. I always get those two bands confused.

Posted by Omni

There's apparently a lot of drama surrounding this band. Wasn't her ex the guitar player at some point?

Nope, Ben Moody was the guitarist (having since been replaced). Shaun Morgan, her ex, is the Seether guy.