New VC info

Posted by Bebop

http://www.computerandvideogames.com/article.php?id=148658

Very reassuring to know that if I delete my VC games for whatever reason i wont have to pay again to download them.

Posted by Dexter

15 dollars seems expensive for most of the games I have in mind.

Posted by Zeta

[quote]With the full list of launch-day Virtual Console games having been released earlier this week, we thought it the perfect time to focus on the retro download service and uncover some of those mysteries.

I haven't seen a list of VC games anywhere yet. Anyone have a link?

Posted by TendoAddict

Quoting Dexter: 15 dollars seems expensive for most of the games I have in mind.

Well

Posted by Dexter

That's not as big of a list as I was expecting it to be. There's only 1 64 game and no Sonic 2.

Now that I see the point system, 15 dollars doesn't sound too bad at all.

Posted by Zeta

What? No Super Metroid? :(

Posted by Dexter

I was disappointed that every Super Nintendo game on that list was a game that I owned.

When can we expect this list to grow?

Posted by TendoAddict

Quoting Dexter: I was disappointed that every Super Nintendo game on that list was a game that I owned.

When can we expect this list to grow?

Its updates constantly each week or so. So it will keep on growing for some time.

Posted by Dexter

Any word on the limit, if there is one? I'm sure they'll start with the popular titles first and if people are actually buying a lot of points then I'm sure they'll continue it for awhile. I want Goldeneye!

Posted by Vampiro V. Empire

Limit? Like how many games you can download? There won't be a limit. That makes absolutely no sense.

Quoted post: 15 dollars seems expensive for most of the games I have in mind.

It would be more like 28-30 dollars. A pound is equal to about $2

Posted by Speedfreak

It looks like Nintendo are limiting their heavy hitters on the VC list, just as they're doing with Wii launch titles. If there were 100 NES, SNES and N64 classics on there on day one then Megadrive and PC Engine games wouldn't get a look in.

Plus, I don't think everyone wants to spend a couple hundred on launch titles then go home and feel the need to spend another hundred on all the AAA S/NES games. If they continually release let's say one big title every month or so it's an easy way to always keep interest high, too.

Posted by s0ul

So are we like, intentionally not telling Dex that Goldeneye is a Rare title as to not crush his hopes or...?

Posted by Zeta

Yeah, we were. :(

Who doesn't have Goldeneye? Come on.

Posted by Hyper

Quoting Vampiro V. Empire: Who doesn't have Goldeneye? Come on.

I sold my copy along with my N64 I think :(

You're not a human being then.

Posted by Arczu

Lol... I have Goldeneye loaded into the 64.

$14.99 doesn't sound too bad, but you have to wonder how many games you can download with 2000 points.

Posted by TendoAddict

Quoting Arczu]

Companies supporting the VC

Posted by WILLETH FOR MONTHS

So I can't help but think releasing all these VC games so early on is a bad idea.

Posted by Bebop

Quoting Wings: So I can't help but think releasing all these VC games so early on is a bad idea.

I thought this list wasnt actually on launch day but till the end of 2006? Hmm. Can someone clear that up for me?

Posted by TendoAddict

Its at the end of december, its a periodic update.

Posted by WILLETH FOR MONTHS

These are 'launch window' titles, so they could be trickling out until the end of the fiscal year in March.

What I meant by my earlier comment was that if Nintendo release all their AAA titles in an early timeframe, they're not gonna have anything left when the console inevitably dies. We're all hyped for Zelda, Smash and Galaxy, but after that, what is there to look forward to? Three new versions of Mario Party and Disaster: DOC?

Virtual Console will keep the machine alive, and I can't help but think that releasing Mario 64 and OoT so early hurts rather than hinders. Sure, it'll shift systems at launch, but after that?

I can't help but think, now, that this is either going to go the same way of the GameCube, or completely shift out of the industry and become a completely non-game system with stuff like Brain Training in the home. it's not necessarily a bad thing, but it's not something I'm exactly looking forward to.