Burger King games footage

Posted by Klarth

http://www.siliconera.com/index.php/2006/11/02/burger-king-xbox-360-games-might-be-worth-399/

****ing sweet.

Posted by Vampiro V. Empire

Link wouldn't work for me so:
http://media.xbox360.ign.com/media/858/858064/vids_1.html

SPLINTER CELL WHAT? METAL GEAR WHO? This game looks ****ing awesome

Posted by WackoHater2

Lol that looks pretty sweet. I may ride down to the Burger King a few blocks away and get one. I don't have a 360 yet, but it said while supplies last.. so I may not be able to find one when I get a 360.

Posted by Zeta

Oh man, I'd totally buy a 360 just for that.

Posted by Last Fog

Wait you buy this at burger king?? It's an actual game on a disc? All this time I thought it was a downloaded arcade game. When does it go on sale?

Posted by Kit

This game is so awesome it's worth full game price and not just 3.99.

Posted by Last Fog

you got it already? ****, I probably missed out. :'(

Posted by brownoystercult

It's not out yet.

Posted by WILLETH FOR MONTHS

All three are available on the 19th, for a week.

Posted by Boner

I stopped at a Burger King this morning to pick up a breakfast combo. I was on the bike, so I decided to sit in and eat it rahter than throw it in the saddle bags. I don't even own an Xbox, but I some how wasn't able to resist the purchase. I have been reading all over the place that you are required to buy a combo meal for each game you purchase. I only bought one combo meal and was able to purchase all three games. They still seemed to have plenty available. Though, this Burger King wasn't a particularly popular location. I hear that quite a few locations have sold out.

I also notice that most people seem to be under the impression that these games are for the 360 only. Well, on the box, it says "Includes XBOX 360 and original XBOX versions. Just thought I'd mention it in case people were still unaware. Now I just need to find an Xbox to play these on :(

Posted by HfsJunky

That's genius marketing for you.

Posted by Kit

Quoting Last Fog: you got it already? ****, I probably missed out. :'(

I meant it looks so awesome it should be worth full game price. :)

Posted by muffla

buy them then sell them on ebay for 40000000000000000000000000000 yen

Posted by Last Fog

I got Sneak King and Pocketbike Racer the other day. I didn't have enough money for all three. I had my fun with them for a day, and now I'll probably never play them again. But still it was worth every penny, just to have them on my shelf and gamer list. I plan to go back soon for Big Bumpin'.

Someone send me the 360 discs. Judge was supposed to do it, but apparently couldn't afford it.

Posted by Last Fog

No BK in the UK?

Posted by maian

I might buy one or two and sell them on Ebay or something later on. :cookie: It seems like something someone would want to buy, just to own them.

Posted by Boner

I have seen the 3 game set sell on ebay for about $25. Most of the time they sell for a little less. I figure I'll wait a year and then sell them. They will be harder to get then. May end up being worth more. I did the same thing with those pewter figures that you got when you preordered DOOM III. I spent the $5 to reserve the game, got the boxed figures, never went in to pick the game up, and made a handsome little profit a year or so later. I'd still like to play these though.

Posted by Bebop

Quoting Last Fog: No BK in the UK?

No BK promotion

These games really, really blow.

Posted by Last Fog

Quoting brownoystercult: These games really, really blow.
What did you honestly expect from a 3.99 promotional budget game? I think like myself most people buy them knowing they'll suck, but get them anyway for a novelty.

By the way, I saw a review saying Big Bumpin' is actually good, but it's the one people are least likely to get.

Actually, these games are awesome for only four dollars. I mean, they still suck and Sneak King is fun for about five minutes, but you're barely paying anything for them. Plus, they still have achievements. So it's all good.

Posted by Last Fog

Quoting Vampiro V. Empire: Plus, they still have achievements. So it's all good.
Some ridiculous ones. Get an A on every mission? Yeah right.

Quoting Last Fog: What did you honestly expect from a 3.99 promotional budget game? I think like myself most people buy them knowing they'll suck, but get them anyway for a novelty.

Pretty obvious. When I bought it the first day it was released I wasn't expecting a great game. I only bought it for shits and giggles.

Is it wrong for me to say that the games suck? No.

Posted by Last Fog

No, they do. But you're just stating the obvious. To clarify that red steel is dog**** (arguably thats equally obvious) is one thing, but burger king games?

Posted by Skitzo Control

Isn't it such a cool coincidence that Burger King's video games are a direct reflection of the food they serve?

zing

Posted by s0ul

I enjoy a good Whopper.

Posted by Y2kMISFIT

The games are great for what they are worth. He*ll I even bought an extra set of them to keep them sealed because I am such a hardc0re collector!!! I hope this becomes a yearly thing around the Holiday time each year. I love quick achievements and the king scares me in a pleasurable way.

It's cool that that they are original/360 playable and in a 360 case. I wonder if the x box live servers for this game will be up in the years to come... someone actually joined my room before, ughhh.

Off topic but they should definitely add the king to smash bros. for realz…

Games like this don't have servers, they're all peer-to-peer.

If you could send me your spares that'd be awesome.

Posted by Y2kMISFIT

Ha. There 99 cents now... and eb is selling them used for $7.99, FTW!!

heres the article: http://www.destructoid.com/attention-eb-games-we-don-t-want-your-whopper-rape-29636.phtml

Actually, it makes a little sense, because in order to purchase a game at Burger King, you need to also buy a Value meal, so I mean..

Not at all stores. Some let you get them without the food. But at least now I understand EB's reasoning.

Posted by Y2kMISFIT

The games are 99 cents now, no food has to be purchased...