Mario Party 8

Posted by Klarth

First (VERY SMALL, NO LARGER IMAGE IS CURRENTLY OBTAINABLE) screenshots.

It's a shame the series peaked at number two.

Posted by maian

Even though Mario Party is very old to me now, I'd love to try it out on the Wii. With the controller, I'll love to see what kind of mini games show up. It'll be a change from the traditional play of the last uh, seven games spanning two generations.

Posted by Dexter

I still enjoy the Mario Party games. 7 was a blast, with the microphone and all. I'll definitely get Mario Party 8.

Posted by Bebop

Although ive grown bored of the Party games Ill probably big one up for my Wii. having at least one Mario Party game for a Nintendo console is a wise investement, especially if it uses the Wiimote.

Posted by Dexter

The replay value for the Mario Party games has been strong for me, but apparently it's because girls tend to want to play those or Smash Bros or Mario Kart. I wouldn't enjoy the Mario Party games if I had no one to play it with, but since there are so many who enjoy the games, I tend to play them a lot and have plenty of fun with them.

Posted by Axis

This got old after the 4th one.

Posted by Dexter

That image is just not working for me. Any links?

And Mario Party 4 was probably the worst one.

Posted by Jazz

I really liked mario party 6. I think it was the one with the basketball (rare minigame). But, I think Mario Party 8 on Wii will be cool.

Posted by Dexter

Many people say the first 2 were the best, but I honestly would play the newer ones over them. The people I play them with would, too. I'm sure once the Wii Mario Party comes it, it will be the preferred Party game, especially with the Wiimote. There are plenty of opportunities for fun mini-games using the Wiimote.

Posted by Jazz

I know I can't wait when it comes out (if it does come out).

Posted by Dexter

I'm sure it will come out. I'm sure they already have tons of great mini-games planned out using the Wiimote. I actually think a Mario Party game would've made a terrific launch title, for it would've given people the opportunity to use the Wiimote in various ways and get used to it.

Posted by Jazz

Yeah, the remote looks cool.

Posted by Bebop

http://www.gametrailers.com/player.php?type=mov&id=14670

Posted by NeXidala

I think this might bring back some honor to the Mario Party games. I'm excited to pick up a copy. :D

Posted by Dexter

Seems basic. I wouldn't expect any drastic changes from the series except for using the Wiimote.

Posted by Aioros

Quoting Dexter: Seems basic. I wouldn't expect any drastic changes from the series except for using the Wiimote.

[COLOR="Yellow"]That's a drastic change though, isn't it? The first few MP games were fun enough on their own, so the introduction of the Wiimote could multiply that tenfold. I'm looking forward to this actually.[/COLOR]

Posted by Dexter

It is a drastuc change, yes, but for those who have been disliking the previous couple Mario Party games, it might not be enough. I've been enjoying them still so I have no worries.