The Blood Brigade

Posted by Kiyoshi

Since you will not find a site to hear us yet, I want some opinions on our lyrics. I have a couple songs here that I want an opinion on. Much appreciated!

Down-and-out

Here I stand all alone
In the streets away from home
Leaving me to roam
The world all on my own

All are dismayed by me
While I

Posted by Omni

What kind of music is it, in terms of genre? Can you maybe give me some similar artists or something? Anyways, it's not bad for someone who is just starting out, and I doubt if I could do anything better without practice. Are you the vocalist, too?

Posted by Kiyoshi

No. I'm second guitar. I didn't write the lyrics. Amanda and Theresa did. And we're going for punk rock. Main influence is Greenday.

Posted by Omni

So, you're kinda alternative rock/punk, then? I think they could maybe use a little bit of work on revamping these songs, but I've never heard a recording of you guys playing anything. Oh, I could also suggest some listening that might give you guys some idea for developing your sound a little and improving your writing skills.

Posted by Kiyoshi

We don't have anything recorded yet. Oh and I made a mistake. Influences: Amanda= Greenday. Theresa = My Chemical Romance. Ross = Netallica. I = AFI.

Posted by Omni

That's kinda neat. I figured you hadn't recorded anything yet. I was just saying that unless I had heard it, I couldn't say whether it was bad or good.

Posted by Klarth

:/

Very, very :/ .

Posted by Kiyoshi

Don't complain yet. There are lyrics by Theresa in progress, and it sounds cool.

Posted by G-Sides

but...
[quote=Aida]See, I'm in a band, and I play second guitar. I have two problems though. One is I don't know how to play a guitar. The second is, I don't even own a guitar.

;x
x;
;x
x;
mmmk

anyway they're pretty much :/

Posted by Kiyoshi

Actually that post was made quite a bit ago. That has changed since then. I know how to play now. And I can play pretty well too. And you can't judge what you haven't heard.

Posted by G-Sides

well you kind of asked everyone to judge it :s
if your only defense is "LISTEN TO IT FIRST" then it must be screamo or some **** where we can't understand the lyircs because the only thing bad lyrics lead to is bad songwriting.

and just for the record, i
[quote]I have a couple songs here that I want an opinion on.

Posted by Gollum

[quote=Aida]I’m so lame

My thoughts exactly.

Posted by Lord of Spam

"And we're going for punk rock. Main influence is Greenday."

Dont you ever post in the music board again. The lyrics are overly common emo tripe that I didnt even get past the second verse of before i got sick of it. As for punk, that died before it was even born, and wasnt that cool to start with. Green day wasnt ever punk, and was only ever even close back when they first formed and were jsut ballsout idiots on guitars making fast music with no talent. The greenday you're ,ost likely trying to copy is the softer, more boring slowed down crap that they're churning out now thats being shoveled into the mouths of eager idiots like yourself.

Break up your "band" and dont ever play again. you have proven that you are too stupid to properly form anythign that wont suck ***.

Posted by Kiyoshi

No screamo. None of us can do screamo. Just us. But it is going to be good. Of this I can assure you. And like I later posted all of us has different influences, and I forgot someone. The newest addition to the Blood Brigade; MICHEAL KERN! Woot! I don't know what his influences are. I'll ask.

Posted by G-Sides

well uh i don't think his influences can be any better than say gloriously talented bands like green day or my chemical romance.

the point of you mentioning your influences was obviously to help us get an idea of what you guys were going to sound like. otherwise you wouldn't have listed them in the first place. the day you can convince me that a band with influences from AFI and my chemical romance is good is the day i like and listen to both of them.

Posted by Vampiro V. Empire

So, let's see: My Chemical Romance, AFI (new I assume), and Greenday (new also.) All either Post-Hardcore, Pop Punk, or Alternative... and every song is about suicide or something of that ilk. Yeah, this isn't something anyone needs to hear, simply because I'm sure everyone here has already heard your music before you've even created it.

The lyrics themselves are very generic, and the rhyming pattern is overly annoying especially in the first song. It's fine to rhyme, but the way you have it makes it sound like it was written by a manically depressed twelve year-old.

I suggest you try something original, or at least write unique lyrics. But whatever, make another crappy pop punk/alternative band. Just don't expect many compliments from the people here.

Posted by Kiyoshi

Eh no. AFI, new, old, in-between. You'd need to listen to how the lyrics are sung to get it. I mean the lyrics could be something like Dead by My Chemical Romance, and from reading the lyrics you'd think it was a depressing song, but it's not. It's very upbeat and cool. So there ya go. As for the rhyming, Amanda wrote the songs so they're going to be a little on the bad side. Wait'll I get something of Theresa's up here...

Posted by Lord of Spam

yeah, the lines

"I’ve dropped my blade
Upon the ground
For I am lost
Without a Home
And I’m all alone"

just SCREAM happiness and cheer. You are a moron, and I reiterate: stop posting.

Posted by cool gamer dad

If you're going to sing about suicide, you can at least know your ****.

See here: [url]www.satanservice.org/coe/suicide/guide/[/url]

Posted by Klarth

[quote=Vampiro V. Empire]either Post-Hardcore
Cult of Luna = post-hardcore
Green Day, MCR, AFI = very... no

Quoted post: Cult of Luna = post-hardcore

Uh, no. They're so very, very far from a post-hardcore sound it's not even funny. CoL is a Sludge/Doom band. If they're post anything, it's post-metal. Maybe that's where you got mixed up.

Examples of Post-Hardcore:

New AFI
Emanuel
Fall of Troy
Fear Before the March of Flames
Older My Chemical Romance
Stutterfly
etc

See the relationship and how different those bands are from CoL? I mean Post-Hardcore by definition is fast hardcore combined with unfocused sound of punk. It's an offshoot of Hardcore Punk, which CoL are not. Trust me on this.

Quoted post: Eh no. AFI, new, old, in-between.

Doesn't matter. Still pop punk, and they've always had a hardcore sound to them.

Quoted post: You'd need to listen to how the lyrics are sung to get it. I mean the lyrics could be something like Dead by My Chemical Romance, and from reading the lyrics you'd think it was a depressing song, but it's not. It's very upbeat and cool. So there ya go. As for the rhyming, Amanda wrote the songs so they're going to be a little on the bad side. Wait'll I get something of Theresa's up here...

Right, and? Listen to most post-hardcore, pop punk bands. The music is all usually upbeat, while the lyrics focus on suicide and depression. Good example of this is "Headfirst for Halos" by MCR. Probably the most upbeat of their songs, but it's still about depression and suicide. If anything, that makes your music even more generic.

Posted by Kiyoshi

I need to go listen to Dead. Or Teenagers. MCR is going to be our main influence for a while because Theresa (Yaviel) is obsessed. But she wrote a really cool song that I need to post here.

Posted by Lord of Spam

no, no you dont. STOP POSTING. JESUS ****ING CHRIST

Nobody is interested in generic ****ty emo band #548443512187984. Go back to myspace and stay there.

Quoted post: I need to go listen to Dead. Or Teenagers. MCR is going to be our main influence for a while because Theresa (Yaviel) is obsessed. But she wrote a really cool song that I need to post here.

Tip: It's generally not a good idea to have your main influence be a band like MCR. See, as much as people put down MCR for being "emo" or just plain terrible, their influences are actually pretty good including the likes of Queen and the Beatles. Influence, generally, means you can hear those bands in your music. You don't want a band like MCR to be your main influence because you're going to hear MCR in your music. What that leads to is very, very generic pop punk. It's like ripping and album onto a CD-R and then ripping that CD-R onto another and that one onto another. The sound will eventually degrade to a point where it's almost unlistenable.

Just a wee tip. I mean, it's fine if you want to go down that path, but make sure you're not being translucent in your music and make something "unique" within such a played out, generic genre.

Posted by Kiyoshi

I'm gonna have Theresa or Amanda come and set you guys straight on what we're about. This is gonna be fun for me to see. ASSUMING SHE GETS HERE!

EDIT: ZOMG AMANDA IS COMING! RUN FOR THE HILLS!

Posted by AmandaofTBB

Hey you ******* stop dising my band you don't know **** about us! I write our music I can tell you exactly what it is! It's Punk/Emo/Rock so **** off!

Posted by G-Sides

IT'S WHAT'S BEEN DONE
OVER
AND OVER
AND OVER
AND OVER
AND OVER
YOU ARE NOT UNIQUE
YOU ARE NOT A BEAUTIFUL SNOWFLAKE

die

Posted by AmandaofTBB

Next I never said what MCR is I like the guitar parts for their music nothing else. So don't judge us off the AFI Green Day are more so my influences then anytihng else our bassist is just Idk amused by them so their in our influences bug off.

Posted by Kiyoshi

You don't want to get her angry. She'll hunt you, stalk you, and make sure you die horribly and painfully slow.

Posted by AmandaofTBB

No one said we were unique we just are nothing is unique not you not me there is always somethng out there that is the same so if you think we ****ing care we dont

Posted by G-Sides

shut up fatass

if you have people like THAT writing your music
i feel bad for you.

Posted by cool gamer dad

alright, alright.

everyone stop the yelling now.

Posted by AmandaofTBB

WE are what we are and that's all we'll ever be. We are like all the other bands we are just there. We could care less what people tihnk of our music but it's of our music after they hear it which as of now won't be until we have some money so if you want to dis us then give us money so you can.

Posted by G-Sides

no, i'm going to diss you right here when a fellow bandmate of yours asks us our opinion. if you ****s truley didn't care, you wouldn't be posting in this forum, asking us what we thought.

Posted by AmandaofTBB

You don't even know me ***** so **** off. I don't care if you like me or the blood brigade but you don't diss what you don't know.

Posted by G-Sides

I'M NOT DISSING YOU, HOLY ****, I'M INSULTING THE MATERIAL THAT WE WERE ****ING ASKED TO JUDGE

HOLY ****, I'M DONE.

Posted by Kiyoshi

BURN! LoS GOT OWNED!

Posted by AmandaofTBB

She asked not me but you can't diss us by what influences us MCR will not affect my lryical writing nor anyone elses we write what we think of and if it turns out good we keep it if it sucks we well I toss it and say no. I'm also not the only writer of the blood brigade we all write and that's how it works.

Posted by G-Sides

because i'm LoS right

Posted by Kiyoshi

That's not all you were doing. You were judging what our music would sound like based on our influences. Next she shall go rant on the stuff you guys said about Emoism. This is fun.

Posted by Zeta

Quoting Aida: BURN! LoS GOT OWNED!

That's Arms. And it was a very weak burn. >_>

Posted by cool gamer dad

Quoting Arms: because i'm LoS right

shut up vampiro

Posted by Lord of Spam

I think the level of maturity (or lack thereof) on display here is more than enough to prove what everyone has been saying.

You are just a few more kids going through some awkward years in highschool. If you're lucky, years from you'll look back and be so embarassed at the way you're acting it wont even be funny.

As for your music, it sounds, to be honest, like tripe. It seems like it lacks and sense of creativity or artistry. There have been idiot highschoolers writing crap like that for years. thankfully, most of them dont try to form bands. I suggest you follow their lead.

Also, stop describing yourself as punk. you have no grasp on what punk is, nor do you embody any of the things it stands for.

Posted by Omni

I tried to be nice. Why? I don't know...

Posted by AmandaofTBB

OKay first I'm just saying that I read all the posts and I just want to say Aida don't ever take all my lyrics and put them on here taking a few is fine I don't care but all you should die. And Emoism is awesome along with being a punk rock band we are also emo and straight up rock. Nothing should be jugded on what our lyrics are becuase they sound awesome with the guitar parts. I like it and that's all that matters if you guys hate our lyrics that's not my problem we will let everyone know what we have when we get it recorded. I mean it was stupid to post on the music section here next time Aida I sugest ultimate gutiar like me. it's better that way they know me and I talk to a lot of them they won't burn us they will help us to improve it. This was put on here I asume to see what you thought of how we write that's fine but if you don't liek it don't diss us help us out we will take advice.

Oh boy, this "Amanda" sure set us straight.

AIDS asked for our opinion and most people gave it in a civil manner. You write ****ty lyrics and will most likely play ****ty music. Whether you do it because you love it, or because you plan to get somewhere it doesn't matter. How you can be proud of planning simple riffs, boring and repetitive drums beats, and spew out generic lyrics is beyond me.

In the future don't ask for an opinion if all you're going to do is argue it. Even better, don't ask for an opinion if you need someone who can't even type nor form a coherent sentence to back you up.

It's really bands like this that ruin music.

Also, question: How come Amanda's IP shows up as a Michigan IP and yours shows up as a Cali IP? I just found that a tad odd...