VGC High School

Posted by Arcadios

What would be your clique?
Popular clique, nerdy clique, goth/emo/punk etc.

Posted by Zeta

That guy that's always trying to sneak into the girl's locker room.

Posted by Fate

I'd make someone save my seat at lunch to make sure I get a table for my friends and me. I pick Linko.

I kind of fit in all of them. I hung out with several types of people. My school only had like 600 kids.

Posted by Dexter

I'd probably mix with them all like I always have on VGC and in the high school days.

Where are the furries and the cosplayers? :(

Posted by Arcadios

I'd be sorta like Dex.
Just going back and forth between groups at times just like I do now in school.

Posted by Fate

I liked my experience in high school. Hung out with emo kids, popular chicks, political science buffs, chemistry nerds, gaming/anime freaks, jocks, etc.

From what I've seen on television, apparently a lot of American high school people don't do that. They're really segregated and the cliques are really fierce. I thought it was a cliche, but apparently it's true.
:(

Posted by WackoHater2

I don't hang out with any particular group. I hang out with all different people. And my style is unique. Weird, but unique. MySpace quizzes tell me I am geek/emo/gangsta.

Posted by Lord of Spam

I hung out with people that amused me, no matter what their particular affiliation was.

Posted by Boner

It's hard to say what my clique would be. I haven't been to high school since '98 :( . As far as I remember, I never really fit in any one crowd. I pretty much got along with everyone. I just never got into trends. For the most part, I think I hung out with the stoners.

Posted by s0ul

Quoting Fate:
From what I've seen on television, apparently a lot of American high school people don't do that. They're really segregated and the cliques are really fierce. I thought it was a cliche, but apparently it's true.
:(

This surprises me! When we used to Halo LAN, we would do so with the varsity football team; prom kings and queens can be emo/artsy/varsity football/stoners, everyone pretty much hangs out with at least a couple people from a generally different "group," which leads to mass intermingling. I've probably got the least stereotypical high school ever. :-\

[quote]I don't hang out with any particular group. I hang out with all different people. And my style is unique. Weird, but unique. MySpace quizzes tell me I am geek/emo/gangsta.

This is a lie and you know it. I have seen one picture of you and I could draw about a billion direct parallels between you and complete strangers at my school.

Posted by Iris

I usually spent time with the slightly popular crowd. Not the most well-known people but fairly popular in a few different grade levels. Of course, there was always some geeks, jocks, and other social stereotypes that I knew. I just knew less of them.

Now I'm fairly all-around. I try to keep my friends in a tight-knit group, so that I can spend time with all of them at once. My friends and I all have different social labels but we get along with eachother and eachother's friends very well.

Posted by mis0

Semi-popular. People know who I am, I can meld into most any group to have some fun, etc. I'm fairly easy-going about most stuff, so I tend to be well-liked. This is a useful thing when you're in a school with 3,000 students.

Posted by KoH

[quote=Panic]MySpace quizzes tell me I am geek/emo/gangsta.

lmao

Posted by Xero

[COLOR="DeepSkyBlue"]I hang around with anyone I like.[/COLOR]

Posted by Raptor

The Raptor Syndicate.

I had no human friends in high school and wanted nothing to do with any of them.

Posted by Boner

^ Why is this not surprising?

Posted by Delilah

Misfit clique, seeing as I don't think many people on vgc like me. :)

Posted by Shade

I don't really fit into any clique, I'm sort of normal. I have a fair amount of friends in any sort of category you can fit a high schooler into.

Posted by brownoystercult

Stoners, geeks, nerds, retards, hotties, cheerleaders, gay guys, teachers, jocks, preppies; everybody.

Posted by Arcadios

^That Asian Kid ;)

Posted by The Judge

Either of these two:

"DA" -VGC

"Cool Dork" -Highschool

Posted by Slade

I usually hang out with the kids who go to my youth group, but lately I've been enjoying my time spent with the artsy, hippy-ish folks more. I also spend a fair amount of time with the goths and the druggies.

I imagine in a VGC highschool home base would be the DA krew, but I'd probably enjoy myself around pretty much anyone. Then it just comes down to who will accept me.

Posted by Sapphire Rose

I was the guy EVERYONE knew for one reason or another. Everyone wanted SOMETHING from me.

Posted by Linko_16

Quoting Fate: I'd make someone save my seat at lunch to make sure I get a table for my friends and me. I pick Linko.

Good choice. Since I always bring my lunch, I'm the first guy to sit down while everyone else is in line.

Anyway, I'll be in whatever group I end up being in, which up until high school was pretty much no group at all.

Posted by Ant

Quoting The Judge: Either of these two:

"DA" -VGC

"Cool Dork" -Highschool

LOL SAME!

Posted by Klarth

Cliques are ****ing retarded. I just hang with people I like.

Posted by Ant

Quoting Klarth: Cliques are ****ing retarded. I just hang with people I like.

I just hang with people I loathe on a daily basis personally.

Posted by ed elric

ha! in my high school we have about a thousand kids, and no true cliques, everyone is intermingled. so in real life i can get along with anyone really.

Posted by Vampiro V. Empire

My school didn't really have cliques. There wasn't really any defined group of people, though of course everyone had their own friends, but it was a mixture of people, so not all dorks hung out with each other and not all popular people hung out with their own people. It wasn't a terribly large school, so I guess it makes sense.

As for VGC itself, take a guess what clique I would be a part of.

Posted by Klarth

ITT I CONFORM TO A SPECIFIC STEREOTYPE RATHER THAN BEING MYSELF

Posted by Dexter

Is there a Christian group at school? I never went to high school, but I imagine there must have been some goody Christian group. I might be seen with them.

Posted by G-Sides

i'm not gangsta
i'm not wigga
i'm not jock
i'm not prep
i'm not nerd
i'm not goth
i'm not stoner
I`m not autism!!!
i'm not fat
i'm not band geek
i'm not scenester

but i do hang out with all of them, so there.

Posted by Pit

I didn't know fat people were like, you know, associated with everything else there.

I mean, goth yeah, that's you know a persons choice and ****, but I don't think people go to high school and say, hey let me be in the fat group be fat and hang out with fat kids. Yeah, just wanted to point that out g sides.

Posted by Dexter

It seems to me like there's always a fat chick in the hawt chick crowd.

Posted by Arcadios

Yea, there is.
That girl usually thinks she's as hawt as the others but that's not always the case.

Posted by Boner

Quoting Sapphire Rose: I was the guy EVERYONE knew for one reason or another. Everyone wanted SOMETHING from me.

Drugs?

Quoting Arcadios: Yea, there is.
That girl usually thinks she's as hawt as the others but that's not always the case.

Bull****. They totally know what they are. Their tight, lonely vagoo is always there to remind them.

Posted by Iris

[quote=Dexter]It seems to me like there's always a fat chick in the hawt chick crowd.
It's so we look better by comparison.

Er, I mean, they have nice personalities! Really funny! Who cares about looks? :)

Posted by WackoHater2

Quoting Arcadios: Yea, there is.

Holy crap! I know one of those kinds of people. She is really stuck up and snobby. I wanna see her get hit by a train, like the Asian girl in Hostel.

Posted by G-Sides

except she didn't get hit by a train, she hit the train and lost :|

Posted by G-Sides

Quoting Pit: I didn't know fat people were like, you know, associated with everything else there.

I mean, goth yeah, that's you know a persons choice and ****, but I don't think people go to high school and say, hey let me be in the fat group be fat and hang out with fat kids. Yeah, just wanted to point that out g sides.

well the rep was supposed to say threw but you know :(
and maybe that's just my high school but we have a group of kids and most of them are very tubby and they hang out together
they also all love anime and i forgot that one in my list

Posted by Kiyoshi

Dexter is cool. I'm going emo/punk. And I fit in with most groups at school. But I hate the preps so I don't go near them. Or posers. But everyone else is cool. the punks out-weigh the preps so it's all good.

Posted by Fate

You're the fat chick of the group.

I remember when calling people "preps" was cool. That's so lame now. I was like everyone, only not so stereotypical.

Posted by Arcadios

Quoting Aida: Or posers.

Wouldn't you be considered a poser?

Posted by Kiyoshi

Nope. One day in biology a girl named Carmen Porter turned around to face me and my friend Theresa and said "I love you guys for not being posers." It was out of teh blue and it was then that I discovered I wasn't a poser. I am however quickly turning emo/punk

Posted by Arcadios

Well you do pose as a DAer.

Posted by WackoHater2

Lol art class is making me emo. I told the teacher if I start cutting myself that it's her fault.

Posted by Kiyoshi

Heh. My emoism is different. I'm just experimenting with being emo. I like it so far. It might be permanent.

And I'm not going back to DA, so I don't know what your talking about Arcadios.

Posted by WackoHater2

What do you mean experimenting with emo? The way I see it, there is an attitude and a style with every stereotype. Emo, for example. Attitude would be being depressed all the time, cutting your wrists, etc. Style would be tight pants, band tees, tight hoodies, etc.

Posted by Kiyoshi

The thing is, I'm seeing what it would be like to be emo. Basically. But right now I'm emo/punk. So I'm half and half. I need the right clothes... And not all emo's cut themselves. I know this for a fact. And an important moment in emo history.

October 31, 2006 the first Emo Dollar was created! And I was a witness!

Posted by Dexter

Who destroyed your sweater? :bowser:

Posted by WackoHater2

Quoting Aida: October 31, 2006 the first Emo Dollar was created! And I was a witness!

You have my attention. Care to explain?

Posted by Kiyoshi

At my friend's halloween party this guy named ian got hold of a dollar and a sharpie. On the back he wrote in big letters; EMO. Thus the first Emo Dollar was created. It was awesome. And I witnessed it.

Posted by WackoHater2

That was a huge let down. :( I was hoping for something epic. I'm gonna go make the first Panic dollar right now. I'll even post it on YouTube so everyone can see..

Posted by Kiyoshi

I wish we had a picture. It was pretty cool too. Then Jess took it and put more stuff on it. She's planning on burning the edges and putting it in her scrap book.

Posted by Boner

Quoting Aida: Heh. My emoism is different. I'm just experimenting with being emo. I like it so far. It might be permanent.

That would be like me saying I was experimenting with being gay. And that I have only sucked a couple of dicks, but just to be sure how I felt about it. And they were just small dicks. So they really don't count. But, should I decide that I'm gay, I guess I'll put notches on the bedpost to represent them.

Quoted post: Heh. My emoism is different. I'm just experimenting with being emo. I like it so far. It might be permanent.

Yeah, you'd be a "poser" then.

Christ kids are dumb these days. I'd hate to be in high school now.

Posted by Kit

The retards at school call me and my friends either "Moshers" or "Those people that are always by the front entrance to school."

Posted by Xero

Quoting Vampiro V. Empire:

[COLOR="DeepSkyBlue"]You would [/COLOR]

Yes, I believe I just said that.

Posted by Speedfreak

I'm fairly certain Soul and I would just be the fucking Dons.

Posted by mis0

Quoting Vampiro V. Empire: Yeah, you'd be a "poser" then.

Yeah, it just gets worse every year. All of the little ****s worried about being a "poseur" or trying to puposely be lame as hell - "emo" primarily, "gangsta" unless you're actually in a real gang.

Get a life, faggots.

Posted by Xero

Quoting Vampiro V. Empire: Yes, I believe I just said that.

[COLOR="DeepSkyBlue"]I know,but I'm just confirming with my experience in high school.[/COLOR]

Posted by s0ul

Quoting Vampiro V. Empire: Yeah, you'd be a "poser" then.

She's a pretty unique kind of stupid, just so you know. I actually enjoy my school, sans the classes.

Posted by cool gamer dad

look guys we don't call people stupid on VGC don't let me see it again

Posted by Klarth

****ing christ, leave the poor girl alone. Seriously.

Posted by Kiyoshi

Not exactly. It's a bit different than being gay. Also it doesn't make me a poser, it makes me more like an emo/punk. There's a slash. Half and half. And kids aren't as stupid as people believe.

Posted by G-Sides

yes they are. kids are ****ing retarded. i have to put up with kids almost every ****ing day between the ages of 7 and 16, and the majority of these kids are ****ing brain dead idiots who won't do **** with themselves.

AND IF YOU'RE "EXPERIMENTING" WITH CLIQUES JUST TO SEE WHAT ONE YOU "LIKE" THE BEST, THAT'S CALLED POOOOOSIIIIIING. k

Posted by Linko_16

[quote=Aida]Also it doesn't make me a poser, it makes me more like an emo/punk. There's a slash. Half and half.

You are attempting to conform to an ideal you do not understand, nor are you fully embracing it. That's pretty much exactly what a poser is. You can't be emo and punk. Emos give up on life, whereas punks relish it and its superficial experiences.

Not trying to be mean, just honest.

Quoted post: Not exactly. It's a bit different than being gay. Also it doesn't make me a poser, it makes me more like an emo/punk. There's a slash. Half and half. And kids aren't as stupid as people believe.

Linko has it right. Basically what you're doing is the definition of poser. Not that it matters, since that's the backbone of high school. Just as long as you enjoy the experience, that's all the matters. Still, you can't put down a group of people especially one you're part of.

Oh, and kids are very stupid. They're more informed, but still very stupid. You can't honestly tell me they're not.

Posted by Iris

They're more immature is all, which is understandable since they're younger.

Immaturity is a good sign of intelligence. As for being younger, younger than whom? If I recall correctly, they're the same age I was back in high school, and I don't remember anyone I know being half as slutty or immature as every kid I know and see.

Posted by Iris

Immaturity has nothing to do with an academic education. You gain maturity through experience and common sense, which is more applicable as you grow older.

People are always going to act different. There's always different fads in each generation, so you can't just say "WOW YOU MUST BE DUMB FOR ACTING GOTH." Bellbottoms were popular, now black jeans with tons of straps and zippers are. It's just as stupid as it was back then.

Quoted post: Immaturity has nothing to do with an academic education. You gain maturity through experience and common sense, which is more applicable as you grow older.

Ah right, intelligence is based solely on academic education. Silly me.

And yeah, I didn't live in the seventies, so I can't say. But I do know that what I said has nothing to do with the clothes that they wear or how they look (have you seen pictures of me?) but rather how they act and think.

Yeah, you were way off target there.

Posted by Iris

Why are they stupid? Do they say innapropriate things, have poor choices in clothing, try too hard to fit in, or have little understanding of the real world?

Because that has nothing to do with their brainpower, dear. That's a lack of maturity.

Posted by Fate

Actually, I think it's a lack of social understanding and general acceptance.

btw, you can be intelligent but immature

Posted by Aioros

[COLOR="Yellow"]I was in the soccer team all throughout High School and even made captain for a year. The P.E crowd were the people i hung around with the most, not to mention the fact that some of my friends had a habit of making fun of the goth and geeky kids. Based on that i guess i was in the jock category. I've changed since then though, i look back at my HS years and think about how i could've been nicer to certain people, but it was still a fun and life changing experience.[/COLOR]

Posted by Lord of Spam

Quoting Klarth: ITT I CONFORM TO A SPECIFIC STEREOTYPE RATHER THAN BEING MYSELF

ITT I PRETEND TO BE SO STUPID THAT I CANT REALIZE THAT MAYBE SOMEONE HONESTLY DOES FIT INTO A STEREOTYPE

[quote=Aids] I need the right clothes...

4. poser
469 up, 93 down

a person - usually in middle or high school, who is insecure about him/herself and trys very hard not to be a "conformist" or a "prep," by doing things like: purchasing a skateboard or guitar, purchasing a great deal of clothing and accessories from hot topic, and listening to pop-punk bands such as simple plan, yellowcard, etc. usually, this supposedly "nonconformist" behavior just backfires on him/her, because now he/she is still conforming, just to a different group of people. so the moral of the story is to be yourself.

http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=poser

Kill yourself, you ****ing moron.

Posted by Slade

AHHHHHHH I know of a few people who "experiment" with different stereotypes. I'd much rather they experiment with lying down in the street instead.

There's this thing; it's called "not being heavily influenced by others" aka "being yourself." Give it a try. I don't get how some people say "oh, I AM being myself. I'm just an emo right now. Now let's see... let me look up on the internet how to be emo... alright, I've got directions to follow... woohoo now I'm emo!"

They're trying to fit in, I suppose, and I guess the only remedy to that is to gain self-confidence. Once you're cool with who you are, whoever that is, then you don't need to try to be part of another group. Also, anyone who doesn't accept another person because they aren't a part of their clique isn't worth any time at all.

I hate how since my HS is steeped in this stuff I can see how it affects people's interactions with each other. Really, people should just hang out with whoever they want. I don't let anyone's assumptions about me decide how I'm going to act.

Quoted post: btw, you can be intelligent but immature

By gum you can. But I'm not commenting on how much they know about geography or what number they can count up to. More like, common sense, and knowledge about themselves and others. Some idea of their surroundings and what's appropriate in one situation and not in other. Or even how to generally act. Which a large percentage of kids do not have any clue about. Therefore I feel I can safely call them idiots.

Quoted post: Why are they stupid? Do they say innapropriate things, have poor choices in clothing, try too hard to fit in, or have little understanding of the real world?

Because that has nothing to do with their brainpower, dear. That's a lack of maturity.

http://dictionary.reference.com/search?q=stupid

Seems like stupid can mean much more than just "brain power." Maturity can also correlate with how much they know. But I believe it takes "brain power" to make decisions, which many kids make bad decisions constantly, daily. It takes "brain power" to realise "oh hey, maybe I shouldn't yell and scream and swear in the middle of a store for absolutely no reason." Maturity has a lot to do with "brain power," though maybe not as much with math and science.

Posted by Speedfreak

In England there are 2 kinds of teenager! Chav and not!

Seriously, American High School sounds like a frickin' headache.

Posted by Klarth

Actually, it's more like Chav, ****ING RICHKID PRICK DAUGHTER OF A GOVERNMENT MINISTER and neither of the above.

Posted by Yaviel

I am the goth kid who hangs out with other goths and emos and rockers and punks and an occasional outcast...

Posted by G-Sides

GERARD WAY IS UGLY.

AND SO IS SHE LOL MATCH MADE IN, WELL, I GUESS NOT IN HEAVEN LOL

Posted by Lord of Spam

i hung out with all the other original non conformist kids who shopped at hot topic

Posted by Zeta

Everyone should be a non-conformist.

... Wai- that would be conforming. Boy, Ralph Waldo Emerson sure didn't think that through. =/

Posted by Kiyoshi

Just wait till Amanda states her opinion. She's ****ed. Lmao. It's great. :D

If it's anything like her opinion in the music board, it will be far from great. She's a moron, and it's really quite sad that she seems to honestly believe what she says.

Posted by Zeta

Just like every other teenage girl out there.

Posted by Ch

I'm that kid that kid that hangs out with everyone.

Posted by Kiyoshi

No it's her sister. And she's not going to. She did in the music board. Ah well. Such is life.

Posted by Arcadios

Another fatty?
When is it gonna stop?

Quoted post: No it's her sister. And she's not going to. She did in the music board. Ah well. Such is life.

Read: Amanda doesn't exist, and since I've been found out, I better back out now before I look like even more of an idiot. Is that even possibly at this point? I'm not sure, but I better not push it.

Posted by Arcadios

Hmmm....how about we label the groups in VGC?
Like DA, LA, KH bored etc.

Posted by G-Sides

well you just named all 3

Posted by Arcadios

=/

DA, KH/Lounge, The Women, Mainboarders, Lurkers, something else, Jesse.

Bam.

Posted by Zeta

I'm a Jesse.

Yes you are.

Posted by Klarth

Where do I fit in

Posted by Zeta

The Women.

Something else

Posted by Sapphire Rose

[quote]DA, KH/Lounge, The Women, Mainboarders, Lurkers, something else, Mods, Intro Board (AKA kids who will post once there and maybe once else where and are never seen from again), Jesse, Bottom Feeders (Panic, keyartist, AIDS, juliebriggs..... any fat person [not Crazy K though]).

Updated to include everyone.

Posted by Klarth

I demand I be separate from "something else".

Posted by Zeta

something even elser

Posted by Kit

What am I? :(

Posted by Zeta

Mods.

... wai-

Quoted post: What am I?

Lounge.

Klarth is "Unclassifiable"

Posted by Speedfreak

I really, really, really wanna lock this thread.

Posted by cool gamer dad

hey this is fun

WHAT AM I

Lurker, something else.

Speedfreak: Mod, something else.

Someone figure out what "something else" is. It applies to both Stinger and Speedfreak... that's the key.

Quoted post: I really, really, really wanna lock this thread.

Yeah, I mean look at this thread? ****ing sickening. It's all about... ugh, the community and community type things. Gross.

Posted by Arcadios

I should be punished for creating such a monster. :(

Posted by Fate

Quoting Vampiro V. Empire: Klarth is "Unclassifiable"

I don't know, if he's genuine about not wanting to fit into a stereotype, it screams "I wear plaid socks but I'm not emo" or "I hate my parents".

Posted by Iris

It seems like people who understand when and how they're conforming to something have more individuality.

Quoted post: I don't know, if he's genuine about not wanting to fit into a stereotype, it screams "I wear plaid socks but I'm not emo" or "I hate my parents".

Unclassifiable in that I have no idea, out of the things I listed, what to classify him as.

Posted by mis0

Quoting Fate: I don't know, if he's genuine about not wanting to fit into a stereotype, it screams "I wear plaid socks but I'm not emo" or "I hate my parents".

Interestingly, he hates his parents. Whether the reasons are legitimate or not is another thing.

Posted by Veiraza

I am pretty sure they are.

Anyways, strangely enough, most of the people who I am around with would most likely be people who I would hate on the internet, that being said, you can assume my friends are fairly diverse. I suppose it reminds me, even on my flaming parade, that we are all just human beings. :eek:

Posted by Kit

Quoting Vampiro V. Empire: Lounge.

I only post in one thread. :/

Yeah, but you don't post much anywhere else. Thus, LOUNGE.

Posted by GameMiestro

I'm classifying my self as "something else", as long as there is no group for people obsessed with competing with other people on internet forums.

Posted by Acheron

I would be the fellow that goes on vacations for months at a time, returns to school for maybe a day or two, then goes on another vacation.

Did you guys see what I just did there, I thought it was pretty clever.

Posted by Shade

lmao

Hey someone classify me

Posted by Pit

im definately an emo kid, always trying to fit in and ****

Quoted post: lmao

Hey someone classify me

Lurker, Occasional.

Posted by Shade

Yeah, that sounds about right.

Posted by Fei-on Castor

I'd hang out with the nerds who play video games and post regularly on forums that are supposed to be about video games.

Actually, I'm sure that if VGC were an actual High School situation, I'd be labeled as emo, due to my history of taking the net wayyyyy too seriously. High School is like that. You make one stupid mistake at the beginning of your freshman year, and the next four years, you will be identified by that thing

But those of us forced into groups, like a real High School, would be resentful of the "cool kids" and do stupid immature things to get back at them, like sitting at the table in the corner of the cafeteria, and throwing pencils and other things at the popular table, then turning away really quickly to hide the fact that it was one of us who threw the object.

Posted by Ant

Once, me and my group of friends sat and stole the spot of all the hot chicks that sat across from us. And then, when they asked us to move...we did. The end.

You are my new hero.

Posted by Shade

Ant's courage has given me the will to do that very thing.

Posted by Ant

Eh, the spot wasn't very good. It was in direct sunlight. It burned my pale skin ever so much.

Posted by Velvet Nightmare

the douchebag nerds - you know, the ones that call women "dumb ugly ****s" to their face.

Just kidding with them, of course.

Posted by Arcadios

We don't have many of those in my school.