Tenacious D

Posted by Skitzo Control

I've not seen much mention of Jack and Kyle on these boards, so where's the fans? The D consists of two members: Kyle G *** and Jack Black, jammin' out in comedic acoustic songs about takin' it slow in bed, your lady being number one, and many other memorable hits. I'd say to buy the CD or DVD (if you're lucky enough to find them), but I'm sure the songs or show just aren't for everybody.

Posted by Hyper

Tenacious D have some funny songs. I'll listen to them on occasion.

Posted by TheSecondComing

If I want funny music, I listen to the Frogs.

Posted by William

Actually, when I first heard Tenacious D, I disliked them immensely. Then about a month ago, I downloaded their cd for the hell of it, and liked most of what I did hear. Made my mother listen to some of it too...just for laughs.

Nothing I'd listen to over and over though.

Posted by D.J Cat

I have only heard 2 songs, "Tribute" and "Wonderboy".

They are both brilliant as is the video clip for "Wonderboy"

Dunno what the album would be like but I like what I've heard.

Posted by Caryatid

I like "The Best Song in the World", I think it's called. Amusing and clever. I spent an hour discussing with a couple other people what the best song in the world would sound like...

Posted by Hyper

Quoting Caryatid: I like "The Best Song in the World", I think it's called. Amusing and clever. I spent an hour discussing with a couple other people what the best song in the world would sound like...

That would be Tribute. :cool:

Posted by Caryatid

Ah, I didn't know. All I know is what the song says...

Posted by Al Borland

Their DVD is one of the funniest things ever. I was able to purchase it for about 12 bucks, which was an outstanding deal. The On The Road feature is just hilarious, and their concert looked like it rocked. I love the D.

Posted by Dexter

[URL=http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0365830/]Interesting.[/URL]

I am really indifferent about them. I can enjoy their material at least once, but after that, it doesn't really get better.

Posted by Fei-on Castor

Tribute is funny as hell. Serious.

Fei-on

Posted by Velvet Nightmare

Quoting Hyper: Tenacious D have some funny songs. I'll listen to them on occasion.

Tribute being my favorite. A friend of mine's band did a cover of it a while ago.

Posted by Fei-on Castor

Band? Tribute is really better on just a guitar with two vocalists, the way KG and JB do it.

Fei-on

Posted by Richaod

I was quite surprised at the fairly good quality of music that came from their self-titled and supposedly comedic release. It was funny at times (warm buttcheese comes to mind), but I honestly enjoyed Tribute, Kielbasa and Rock Your Socks as songs. The presences of violins in **** Her Gently got a laugh.

Posted by Trigger

I wasn't too fussed about Tenacious D when they came out and to this day, I am still not moved by them. Their music isn't something I would listen to over and over or even more than five times. I've heard several of their songs and their humor really doesn't strech for long after you've heard it a few times. I haven't heard anything about them from any form of media in quite some time and I've been perfectly fine with that. I think they were merely just a "one album wonder" that lasted about as long as a 10 meter sprint. Some might think that they're better than the way I'm describing it but really, I find it amusing that the only memorable songs people can remember and like are those that were mass played and rather "expired" now. That may be because they haven't released anything else since then but maybe one needs to stop and think why that may be?

On a side note, I adore Jack Black. He is simply awesome and a hilarious person to be around. His commentary, interviews and other more personal sides of him are just awesome. I could care less for the other fella, though.

Posted by Skitzo Control

Quoting Caryatid: I like "The Best Song in the World", I think it's called. Amusing and clever. I spent an hour discussing with a couple other people what the best song in the world would sound like...

In their very short-lived series on HBO, Kyle Gass drops subtle hints (okay, massive hints) as to the greatest song in the world, in his opinion. And a hint of my own: it's a Led Zeppelin hit.;)

Posted by Al Borland

The HBO series in it's entirety is featured on their DVD. I don't understand why everyone loves tribute so much, its not that I dislike it but it isn't really that good. In my opinion The D isn't the kind of band that puts out good albums. To me they're a band similar to the jam bands. Their albums aren't very good, but on the road they're amazing. My favorite thing about Jables and Cage is definatly the Saxoboom.

Posted by G-Sides

Man, I love City Hall. I don't know why Tribute is so big. :(

Posted by junior senior

[B]Tribute = beautiful.

But Fizzuck Her Gently was horrible. Couldn't even listen through the whole thing. :([/b]

Posted by Richaod

Quoting G-Sides: Man, I love City Hall. I don't know why Tribute is so big. :(

Well, it was a single, and it's shorter too. I do love City Hall though, especially the "peek out our heads" and "tube technology" bits.

Posted by Bebop

They make me laugh but I dont think I could sit through an entire album.

Posted by powerpuff

Has anyone listened to the soundtrack from the new D movie?

Posted by Vampiro V. Empire

Yes, and everyone pretty much agrees it's not as good as past material. Though Kickapoo is epic and Classico is hilarious.

Also, I got to seem them live last week. So awesome.

Posted by powerpuff

you don't like beelzeboss?

When did I say I didn't like any of the songs? They just aren't as great as past material, though still really good.

Posted by powerpuff

I didn't mean it like that i meant it should be high on your list like kickapoo or classico.

They were just examples.

Posted by G-Sides

Quoting Vampiro V. Empire: When did I say I didn't like any of the songs? They just aren't as great as past material, though still really good.

*****, i see them live this tuesday. high hopes!

Fear not. They're so awesome live.

Posted by G-Sides

well nevermind, no tenacious d for me.
strep throat made sure of that.

Posted by Hyper

That must suck. I bet you feel extra ****ty.

Posted by The Legend of Me

Tenacious D rules, but as there motto is "The best Rock band in the world"
That they are not.

Posted by Shade

Neither are AFI.

Quoted post: but as there motto is "The best Rock band in the world"
That they are not.

That's the point.

Posted by Omni

It's supposed to be funny. It gets funnier everytime someone doesn't get it. I enjoy their work.