Is anyone else vexed...

Posted by CynicalBastard

...By the fact that the new Wintersun album has been delayed for late next summer? I just read this on their official website:

"...The release date is now planned to be somewhere in August 2007 but I

Posted by WackoHater2

I don't know who they are.. what genre? I may check them out.

Posted by Klarth

Hard to define. Some people say extreme melodeath, some people say Viking, some people say straight-up DM.

And yeah, I was WAY ****ed off when I heard about this :( It was announced in, like, April. ****, this is probably going to take even longer than the new Pain of Salvation.

Posted by Vampiro V. Empire

Who the **** says straight up death metal? They're more Viking/Folk in my eyes. Far, very far, from plain ol' Death Metal.

Anywho, as much as I was looking forward to the release, I'm not too upset. I don't really care actually. I have tons of music and new releases to hold me over until then and I'm sure, if their first release is any indication, this will be an amazing album.

Posted by Gollum

Wintersun's debut is probably my favourite album of all time, so when I heard this, I was pretty sad.

As for the genre, I wouldn't call them death metal at all.

Posted by Hyper

I WANT THIS ALBUM

I'll wait. I'm sure it'll be leaked early-to-mid summer anyway.

Posted by Shade

Quoting Klarth: Hard to define. Some people say extreme melodeath, some people say Viking, some people say straight-up DM.

And yeah, I was WAY ****ed off when I heard about this :( It was announced in, like, April. ****, this is probably going to take even longer than the new Pain of Salvation.

It was announced in February, methinks. And I was pretty mad when I heard this, but 2007 is gonna have enough releases to keep me satisfied. Not to mention the countless bands people keep introducing me to.