A demonstration of how other forums on the net are moderated.

Posted by Fei-on Castor

I frequent another forum called "eyeonff.com" (the "ff" stands for "Final Fantasy", in case you're retarded), and in a discussion about whether or not Tidus, from FFX, sucks, one user remarked to another

[IMG]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v497/feioncastor/areyoufreakingreetardit.jpg[/IMG]

And upon reading this, an admin posted about 2 posts down in that same thread:

[IMG]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v497/feioncastor/wedontdoit.jpg[/IMG]

So let this be a lesson to all VGC mods, super-mods and admins.
I'm not making fun of those guys, actually. The admin who posted that is really cool. It just struck me that an admin would jump into the middle of argument to make sure the gloves stay up.

Posted by Arcadios

Our admin is a wacko.....never gonna happen.

Posted by s0ul

I can think of precisely zero good reasons to moderate like that. TO BE HONEST, it's pretty stupid.

Posted by Dexter

I got banned for yelling at a newbie at a forum I was decently known at. It was no 8 day ban either, it was FOREVER! So silly. I like the way we mod VGC.

Posted by Fei-on Castor

No, I agree. I'm just not used to seeing mods get involved and tell people not to call one another "stupid". I was shocked, that's all.

Posted by Linko_16

Quoting Fei-on Castor: I frequent another forum called "eyeonff.com" (the "ff" stands for "Final Fantasy", in case you're retarded), and in a discussion about whether or not Tidus, from FFX, sucks, one user remarked to another

[IMG]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v497/feioncastor/areyoufreakingreetardit.jpg[/IMG]

And upon reading this, an admin posted about 2 posts down in that same thread:

[IMG]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v497/feioncastor/wedontdoit.jpg[/IMG]

So let this be a lesson to all VGC mods, super-mods and admins.
I'm not making fun of those guys, actually. The admin who posted that is really cool. It just struck me that an admin would jump into the middle of argument to make sure the gloves stay up.

Don't give Jesse any ideas.

Posted by Dexter

I remember when VGC got hacked and I brought a bunch of us over to the cosplay forums. I got yelled at because we had a thread and we were talking about stuff that they simply didn't understand. Inside jokes are not appreciated there like they are here.

VGC = best forum on my Internets

Posted by cool gamer dad

oh my

eyesonff

That's pretty much the very first forum I regularly posted at.

Posted by Fei-on Castor

It was the second that I regularly posted at, VGC being the first.

Posted by Bj Blaskowitz

dexter your sister didn't approve my myspace friend request and my heart has been torn asunder

Posted by Fei-on Castor

Weird. She approved mine.

Posted by Dexter

Quoting Bj Blaskowitz: dexter your sister didn't approve my myspace friend request and my heart has been torn asunder

She probably just hasn't been on since you added her. She'll add you next time she gets on, for sure. She's been a bit busy lately, which is why she hasn't been able to call yet. :(

Don't forget about me at [URL="myspace.com/cosplaydexterity"]myspace.com/cosplaydexterity[/URL]

:cookie:

Posted by Slade

I don't post regularly on any other forum, but I do browse a lot of them. Any time I see sites where mods act like that I appreciate vgc just a little more.

Posted by Dexter

The only other forum I post at often is the cosplay forums and I don't really care for the way they moderate. Odd how VGC is most agreeable when it coms to the way we mod.

Posted by Fei-on Castor

Must be the kid in you.

DO NOT CALL PEOPLE NAMES OR YOU WILL BE BANNED!

Posted by Vampiro V. Empire

Yeah, I try to avoid placed like that. It goes against my basic posting style. Plus, it's just dumb. Really, really needlessly dumb.

Posted by Fei-on Castor

It's actually not common to see that. I guess we don't call each other stupid very often, but you know how nerds can get when defending whatever they're nerdy about. If someone tries to tell me that FFX is better than FFVI, I already know of 1,000 reasons why they're wrong. So long as I don't call them stupid, I think I'd be clear.

Because FFX isn't better than FFVI. FFX is barely better than FFX-2. And that doesn't say a lot. I mean, Presbyterianism is barely better than Final Fantasy X-2. Barely.

Posted by Slade

It takes all the fun out of posting. :(

Quoting Fei-on Castor: I mean, Presbyterianism is barely better than Final Fantasy X-2. Barely.

Aw ****.

Bebop, we do NOT call other members stupid on this site. Don't let me see it again.

We also do not win. Winning is for people who are better than others. Here, we are all equal. No one wins or fails. Don't let me see you winning again.

Posted by Lord of Spam

If this place were modded like that, we'd all lose.

I'd feel like such a DOODLE saying that to someone.

NO PROFANITY ON VGC!

Posted by Klarth

THIS IS YOUR FINAL WARNING! DO IT AGAIN AND YOU WILL BE BANNED...FOREVER!

Posted by Fate

Someone proposed a "rude ban". I forgot who. :)

Didn't we have that for all of three days?

Posted by Raptor

Most people who post on forums apparently are stupid, so not calling other members stupid would be like everyone keeping their lips sealed about the elephant in the living room. Even though, inside, they are just dying to blurt out, "THERE IS A ****ING ELEPHANT IN THE ******* LIVING ROOM." I would never last on a board like that. VGC's modding is just lenient enough to be tolerable for me.