whats the difference between the 4 vistas?

Posted by lanzer

as you proably know already the vista packaging has been released:

http://www.gizmodo.com/gadgets/software/microsoft-packaging-for-vista-and-office-2007-revealed-211251.php

now my question: what is the difference between the 4 vistas? and which one would be the best?

Posted by KoH

johndoe, you might as well just turn off your computer and never even think of posting to help the ignorant.

However the titles of the vista versions pretty much explain what each package entails.

Business: Obviously this version is meant for the businessman with more utilities designed for the working man as opposed to the student or housewife.
Home Basic: Probably for the cheap or just computer ignorant.
Home Premium: Seems to be for the more computer savvy, obviously. Designed to meet the needs of both the ignorant and knowledgable.
Ultimate: This seems to have all the capabilities of all the other 3 versions.

And two of which aren't even Vista releases but Microsoft Office releases, as can be clearly seen from the packaging.

Posted by lanzer

Thank you KOH for explaining to me then i'll most likely get ultimate but ill wait until the SP2 is out for it.

Posted by KoH

That, I don't recommend. SP2 won't be out for the new Vistas for a long while. Although, you do get the advantage of the bugs being worked out and probably a lower price when you do eventually get it. Hm, your choice. Personally I'm just gonna get it ASAP and work out the bugs myself. I love the new look. :p

Posted by Trigger

[quote=KoH]And two of which aren't even Vista releases but Microsoft Office releases, as can be clearly seen from the packaging
The fact that the websites title says "Microsoft Packaging for Vista and Office 2007 revealed" indicates those two Office packages were intended to be put amongst the Vista package shots. As for me, I've already made my Windows XP system mimic the appearance of Windows Vista, so I'll just wait until I conveniently find myself with a copy, whenever.

Posted by KoH

****... You are so sexy. That is exactly what I did. Trigger, let's marry.