Children of Mana

Posted by Knight_Blazer

I saw that Children of Mana came out yesterday and I was looking at it and saw that it can be a mutiplayer game. I'm just wondering if it's worth getting or not?

Posted by Apathetic

I would probably say yes, but I spent my monies on HMDS :3

Posted by Shade

Can't wait to get this. Gonna buy it with my Lite.

Posted by Dexter

I would get it, but I have numerous games already that I should finish first. Maybe in a few weeks, after I defeat Lunar, I'll have time to play it. If I were to get a game at this time, this would be it. I'm not sure how great of a game it will be, but I am curious and it seems like a good choice to me.

I really should read some reviews and get a general idea. Magical Starsign is another one I'm interested in.

Posted by Shade

I've been waiting for this game since February. Next weekend can't come any faster.

Posted by Prince Shondronai

It's a pretty good game. Squeenix still fails to recapture the awesome experience of Secret of Mana or the original Final Fantasy Adventure, but they're getting closer with each new game, it seems like. Children of Mana is more story-driven than Legend of Mana, but still relies too heavily on the simplistic overworld map, rather than having all areas connected, with the player able to walk from one location to another on their own if they wanted to. On the other hand, they finally allow you to use your weapon any time during a mission instead of just when there are monsters around. This was my major complaint against the series that started with Seiken Densetsu 3 (the Japan-only game that came after Secret of Mana). The music is 1st-rate for the DS, too.

Posted by Shade

Yeah, I wish the traveling between areas was more like Sword of Mana, where you actually go there, not just through an overworld map.

Hey, have you beaten the boss of Jadd desert yet? I can't figure out how to hit him yet. :confused:

Posted by Ichigo54

The game is so lame compared to SM2 though, id spend ur rpg bucks on Final Fantasy # fpr ds and put aside 35 for Final Fantasy 6 in a few months on GBA

Posted by Ichigo54

6*

Posted by Shade

Yeah, this game disappointed me. I was looking forward to something like Sword of Mana which had a much better story, plot development, characters, etc. Instead, they made CoM a basic dungeon crawler.

I hope they do better with Heroes of Mana.