Another PS3 phuck up?

Posted by Bebop

http://uk.ps3.ign.com/articles/742/742347p1.html

Christ, thats awful if true.

Posted by Vampiro V. Empire

I don't see anything wrong =/

Posted by Bebop

Whoops wrong link: http://www.kotaku.com/gaming/playstation-3/ridge-racer-7-takes-5gb-of-hard-drive-space-211402.php

Ah, more or less the right link then. When I originally read it, I figured it would be taken off once you pop the disc out, though either way you look at it, that's five gigs you'll have to keep open for a game. Not cool.

Posted by Speedfreak

All bias aside, this is probably the worst system ever :-/

Posted by Klarth

Atari Jaguar? 3DO? Sega CD/32X?

Quoted post: Atari Jaguar? 3DO? Sega CD/32X?

Worst. System. Ever.

Posted by Prince Shondronai

Wow. Shorter load times, but every fourth or fifth game you play, you need to spend however long erasing one of the previous games from your system and then installing the new one. I think at this point sony's best move would be to delay the system until around the 7th of Never when they can plug faster drives into the things.

Posted by Alan

that 5 GB thing is pritty rubbish, i bet there is no point what so ever to doing it, it just Namco Bandai games again, they did the same with tekken dr on psp, it creates a temp file so that two player loads quicker, it doesn't, and it can grow to way over 50MB after playing for about 5 minutes...

Namco Bandai have lost there marbles along the way...

Posted by Boner

Quoting Klarth: Atari Jaguar? 3DO? Sega CD/32X?

32X had its glitches, sure. But there was nothing wrong with the Sega CD, other than the fact that not many games took full advantage of the system's capabilities. There were too many ports for it IMO. It seems this was common mainly in the 32 bit era. Virtual Boy is another prime example. Anyway, there was nothing wrong with the Sega CD system itself.

As far as this PS3 thing, all I can say is 'YIKES!'. This is why I have not preordered one. I'd rather wait until more solid fact are out and I can actually get my hands on one to play it. The Wii is a given at this point for me. I'm most probably going to buy one. But as each day drags on, I'm having more second thoughts about Sony. We'll all find out soon enough.

Posted by Bebop

http://www.joystiq.com/2006/11/02/ps3-ridge-racer-9-minutes-too-long/

More info.

Appranytl in can take just under 10 minuites to install the game. And frankly if i've just bought a new game the last thing I want to do is wait 10 minutes for it load. Very annoying and whats worse is that if you have too little space on your hard drive (and if Ridge racer is anything to go by this is very possible) youd have to experience that again when you install it again.

Hopefully this wont be a standard among PS3 games. This really is disgusting. Having to pay so much more for a hard drvie, only to have a quatre stolen from you by one game just plain sucks balls.

Ten minutes is better than trying to get FF playing on your 360. But still, that's just embarrassing and downright pathetic.

Posted by Bebop

....I dont get it...The FF 'joke'. :(

Posted by segashadow128gcn

yeah that is pathetic, whats even more pathetic is the number of people playing ridge frickin racer for the ps3, compared to the number of people playing twilight princess

Posted by Bebop

Man 10 minutes is really long when youve just bought a game and are eager to play it. Good thing I'm not getting Riiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiidge Raceeeeeeeeerrrrr.

Quoted post: ....I dont get it...The FF 'joke'.

It's not a joke. It literally takes about three hours to get Final Fantasy running on the 360.

Posted by Klarth

Yeah. Don't you have to connect to PlayOnline or something, and install **** to your hard drive?

Something like that. But there's three parts to the installation, each average out to about an hour in length. And that is ****ing ridiculous.

Posted by Bebop

Ok, so UKResistance isnt exactly a fan of Sony. And this is currently the only sight Ive seen this on (then again I dont reaserach PS3 tennis games) so the ? in the thread title is ok.

http://www.ukresistance.co.uk/

Controlling a tennis game like this on Ps3 is mor gimmicky, visually embarrasing and tiring than Wii could ever be.

Posted by Boner

OK, I love my PS2. But if this is the sh!t that the PS3 is bringing to the table, I may have to skip the main course and just stick with the dessert (Wii). I know there are some games that I get so into that I find myself moving my controller to sort of mimic what I'm doing in the game. But, to have to do this to actually control the game seems a bit anticlimcatic. It's as if Sony is trying to force us by some strange second nature to 'get into the game'. What if the game isn't all that great to begin with? Anyway, I still won't pass judgement until I try the system out first. But, it does sound like it's loaded with cheese.

Posted by Bebop

Spong have it too
http://news.spong.com/article/11060

But its not a forced control scheme. Theres 2. Thats nice.

Posted by Speedfreak

Haha, that's ridiculous. Unintuitive movements + no force feedback + no sound feedback = complete and utter fail.

Posted by Klarth

"Shake your controller three times to do a barrel roll. Rub it vigorously on your cat to fire your gun. Intuitive, immersive gameplay!"