Multi-region hack code, anyone?

Posted by Noir

I have a RM-SDR013j model DVD player, and was wondering if anyone knew a code that could make it multi-regional.
...I assume this is under the right topic.

Posted by johndoe

it's not a video game system. there is no "code" for this RM-SDR013j dvd player. if you don't know what you are doing, you don't need to. just buy a pos $20 dvd drive for your pc and change the code when you need to and throw it out when it's ****ed.

Posted by KoH

Lamest info. response ever, johndoe.

Btw, you can only change the region on your dvd drive for roughly 3-5 times during its lifetime. After that you need to get a new one. Not even sure if that's what he meant by "throw it out when it's ****ed" but as you can obviously tell, he's an idiot. Why continue to spend 20 bucks over and over again?

[URL="http://www.planetomni.com"]www.planetomni.com[/URL]

Oddly enough, my father owns that company. I'm not trying to advertise his company in order for him to gain business, but I am trying to tell you that if you want to buy a code-free dvd player that you should get it from him.

But no, there isn't any code to make your dvd player "code-free." That's a common misconception. Code-free is simply a software hack. If your dvd player is capable of becoming region-free then you can most often google the procedure to do it. Although I still highly recommend you buy a new code-free unit rather than do the modification yourself. The main reason being that you could easily **** up and be stuck with scrap metal with no warranty.

Posted by higbvuyb

hacked firmawares exist which let you get unlimited region changes for certian players/drives.

Posted by KoH

They exist but like my long *** post just above yours explaining in detail why such measures aren't wise... I still recommend you go with one of the other options. Btw, not all DVD players are able to be made code-free. Such a firmware hack might not even be available for your dvd player.

Edit: Unless you meant for his dvd drive. If he even has one.

Posted by WILLETH FOR MONTHS

Hi, I have a DVD player that I made region free with a code. Some players have a simple software lock-out that's disabled that way.

If I could remember the site I'd post it, but it was a while ago. Plus both my PS2 and 360 seem to play multi-region DVDs no problem for some reason :p

Posted by SL8#

WTf