AMD & ATI Together!

Posted by Proto Man

It finally happened... October 25th AMD and ATI merger deal closed.

An immediate fruit of this marriage is the AMD Fusion which is a CPU and GPU in one chip.

So what does this mean for those of use who use Intel processors? Are we going to be out of the loop for future Crossfire, and Radeon R600?

Posted by johndoe

wow a bit late on this one.

anyway no, everything should still work together. of course nothing "official" has been said regarding competitive practices but it'd be stupid for any of the companies to lock one or the other in or out. intel severed it's ati chipset deal but that's about it.

Posted by Vampiro V. Empire

Their products have been AMD-ATI for quite awhile now.

Posted by higbvuyb

Quoting johndoe: wow a bit late on this one.

anyway no, everything should still work together. of course nothing "official" has been said regarding competitive practices but it'd be stupid for any of the companies to lock one or the other in or out. intel severed it's ati chipset deal but that's about it.

That's why you get an NVidia graphics card.

Posted by Proto Man

Quoting Vampiro V. Empire: Their products have been AMD-ATI for quite awhile now.

hmm... not from where I'm sitting.

For the past couple years, it's always been AMD/nVidia that was the choice of gamers.

Posted by Vampiro V. Empire

Quoted post: hmm... not from where I'm sitting.

Then you're sitting in the wrong seat. I've been looking at AMD-ATI motherboard driver discs for the past two months or so.

Posted by Trigger

Yeah, this thread is really no news at all to me. In fact, if I recall rightly, this is the second thread about this exact topic. I don't particularly care about AMD or ATI, so it doesn't bother me at all - they can keep their fingers in their own pies.

Posted by KoH

What an utterly bizarre expression.