Colors.

Posted by Proto Man

I think everyone is getting a little spoiled with colors. Remember for the LONGEST time we had only ONE color of GameBoy. Heck, home console's didn't start coming out in different colors till N64.

When we DID see some color, such as a red or black SNES cartridge, or a yellow GB cartridge, it was something special. Then for the last couple years they came out with multi-color GBA's, and GCN's.

Now when Ninty doesn't come out with as many colors as people think should come out, they start whining.

While I do agree that color's are kind of cool, I don't really care that much WHAT color I have.

My point is, I think it's a bit ridiculous that people are complaining about the Wii only being one color at first.

Posted by Dexter

I usually don't care about what colour I have. Whatever the best colour is when I get one, I'll take. I originally got the polar white DS, but later got the black as an extra and gave my white to a friend. I like when new designs come out and became a bit of extra collectables, such as the Pikachu 64.

Posted by Vampiro V. Empire

It's the fact that we know there will be colours. No one really minds when the 360 has only white and the PS3 has only black. But people know there will eventually be a black Wii and other colours. So they complain when they know they can't get it right away because they would prefer green or something without having to wait six months.

Posted by Dexter

[IMG]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v493/cosplaydexterity/Octo/goldennes.jpg[/IMG]

See, now that's cool. That's something I'd like to have. It's a bit creative and I find it fancy.

Posted by Klarth

We've already been shown a Wii in red, green, black and silver, and we've seen PS3s in silver and white. Just gotta wait k?

I find it amusing that the PS3 went from being always seen in grey to only ever being black, and Wii went from black to white in the space of a year.

Posted by Bebop

I thought this thread was about that prison rape game on Gizmondo (seriously not a joke)

Posted by WackoHater2

I don't much care about color. I have a black PS2, purple GameCube, and a atomic green Halo Edition Xbox. A dark blue GBA SP and an atomic purple GBC. Color doesn't matter to me too much. Although I really want that pink DS Lite.

Posted by Kit

I'm not too bothered about colour, if I was I'd try and make all of my consoles match. :(

Posted by Klarth

I have a black Gamecube, a black N64, a black DS Lite, a black PSP, a black can of deodorant, a black iPod and a black slave. White Wii imminent, though, so oh well. Maybe I'll buy a custom shell when they inevitably come out.

Posted by The Legend of Me

I agree. but, I dont think the color of the cartrige disk, or whatever matters, it's more the game you should be excited about.

Posted by Dexter

Color cartridges come in handy when you're looking to get a game that has a specific color, like the gold Zelda game, and don't want to look at the cover art of each game to find it. I was always annoyed at how Nintendo 64 games didn't have titles at the top of the cartridge.

Posted by Slade

I've always liked consoles in either white or black, so if I do get a Wii I'll be fine with it. Also, if I had ever decided to get a Gamecube, I'd definitely prefer it in black over purple.

I remember Doom for the SNES was the first colored cartridge I ever saw. When I was little I was really excited to play it because it looked so evil. It is, in my opinion, one of the coolest looking cartridges ever.

But really, it doesn't matter what color you are on the outside, amirite? It's all about what's on the inside.

[spoiler]note: this doesn't apply to blacks[/spoiler]

Posted by Echo

I honestly don't care about color. None of my consoles are special colors (Black PS2, Purple GCN, black N64, grey DS, white GBA, etc.), and I don't feel bad about that or anything. I do remember getting my Gamecube on the Christmas after it launched, and my dad saying that he thought I'd like the black one better but they only had like 2 of them left and they were both purple, and I just said that I didn't care at all, I was just happy that I got to play Rogue Leader on Christmas Morning.