Living without the Internet!

Posted by Fei-on Castor

I'm not asking if you could live without the net, because I'm sure that you all would not physically die if you suddenly had internet access taken from you forever.

I'm just wondering how much you feel it would suck for this to happen.

Scale of 1-10, with 1 being "wouldn't care at all" and 10 being "completely desolate".

Posted by Vampiro V. Empire

Eh, I don't miss it much when it's not around, whether because I'm somewhere else for a couple of weeks or something goes wrong with my connection. I use it because I have it, and have excess time on my hands that I need to waste. If I didn't have it, I would probably find something else to waste my time on. So, I'll say 5. It would suck, but oh well.

Posted by Zeta

Posted by Dexter

I pay as many of my bills online as possible, so sucks at least a 7 for me. Also, my Netflix. How would I see all my anime? :(

Posted by Phantasma2

I can't live without the internet. I always need a computer with internet connection by my side.

Posted by Jesse Smith

gah!!!! Going a week with out da internet would be like going a week with out food!!! *gags*

Posted by Axis

I never miss the internet when I'm not on. I've got too much going on in my life so I probably wouldn't have that big of an impact.

Posted by Slade

Eh, deep down I know that I shouldn't be spending as much time online as I do, so I think I'd feel good about not being on the internet for a while. I always do when I'm out camping for a week or two. On the other hand I miss certain aspects of it. If I lived in town and saw my friends more often I wouldn't care as much but this is the only way I can contact some people. Also, some of my friends are telephonophobic.

Posted by Iris

It wouldn't really be a problem for me. I tend to adapt quickly without things. Eventually it wouldn't become a part of my daily life and I would no longer be in the habit of wanting it and using it.

There's still plenty of other sources of entertainment and communication.

Posted by Skitzo Control

It's not that big of a deal. Losing the 'net? It's just like losing your microwave, phone, or a t-shirt. Just do without it.

Posted by Raptor

I would gladly thrive without it. I'm here out of pure habit, and the absence of internet would force that habit to be mercifully broken.

Posted by PunkRock Sonic

10! I lived without internet for a year and a half and it sucked! I couldn't do school assighments, and I couldn't research, I was bored.

Posted by WackoHater2

I lost the Internet for about 3 weeks when I moved into my new house. It was absolute Hell.

Posted by Boner

I'd vote a 9 if I could, but your poll goes as such.... 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 6 10.

I pay all of my bills online. I shop online. I keep in touch with a lot of people online. Research is made easier. I think it would really suck to lose the internet. I'm sure I could cope w/o it. But likfe is just so much easier with it.

Posted by Linko_16

Quoting Boner: I'd vote a 9 if I could, but your poll goes as such.... 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 6 10.

Yeah, I noticed that, too. *fixes*

Posted by Lord of Spam

huh, didnt really read the op before voting. i guess it'd be more of like an 8 for me. i COULD find something else to do, but given my scheduling and resources, internet is the most fun i can generally have on week nights.

Posted by Klarth

Five. It'd suck to lose it, but I wouldn't die.

Posted by GameMiestro

I voted 10. Going without the internet is like going without sleep. I'd start by getting irritable, then start having hallucinations, then collapse entirely.

At least I'd have a lot of free time.

Posted by The Judge

While it'd suck and I'd lose a lot of contact with a lot of people, I'd get over it.

Still, all those people I never got to say goodbye to.

Posted by Arcadios

I'd probably be better of without it but then again I do need it for school and to talk to others that I can't reach through phone.

Posted by Delilah

In terms of "not allowed online", not at all. I'm not supposed to be on, right now- but that sure is not stopping me!

In terms of" no more internet, period", that would be the worst torture imaginable.

Posted by G-Sides

6. :s

sure it would suck and i wouldn't really know about anything going on since i don't watch TV but it wouldn't be all that unbearable

Posted by Dexter

Since the girls got here, my Internet time has been cut real short. It's been difficult to do anything on my own while being with them. But whenever they are busy with something and I spot the opportunity to leave, I'll usually spend it online and do as much as possible with the short time I have. I like getting on at least once a day, even if it is only for a short while.