The Black Parade

Posted by jefferey shalome

Please, tell us of your opinions of this album that induces ear orgasms.

Posted by Omni

I read about it on the internet. Apparently, they're trying to go from being an emo band to being a band that produces concept albums and operatic arrangements like those made by Pink Floyd and Queen, both of which they admitted were the primary influences for the album, especially Queen. Who knew that bands like this were influenced by bands like that?

The whole concept and thematic structure of "Welcome To The Black Parade" is comparable to "The March Of The Black Queen" on Queen II and the guitar work sounds a lot like Brian May's stuff in terms of tone. Anyways, it's better than "I'm Not Okay (I Promise)" and the other stuff they were doing last year. My little sister loves these guys.

Posted by Killer Jordo

It's a nice album actually. I usually don't listen to My Chemical Romance. But this album swept me off my feet!

Posted by Raptor

...ear orgasms?

Your wordplay isn't exactly cream of the crop.

Posted by Vampiro V. Empire

Yeah, I was going to comment until I read that. Someone else make a thread so I can seriously post my opinion. Thanks.

Posted by Raptor

I made a thread that posed a slightly less ridiculous-sounding opening statement, but it mysteriously vanished.

Wasn't me :mad:

Posted by WackoHater2

The only song I have heard is "The Black Parade" but it's good. I haven't had a chance to check out the album yet.

Posted by Klarth

My Chemical Romance are for pussies

Posted by G-Sides

I don't like MCR but this album isn't all that bad imo. :s

I still don't like them though :mad:

Posted by Xero

[COLOR="DeepSkyBlue"]My Chemical Romance is a pretty good band, but their song "welcome to the black parade" wasen't that good. The music was ok, but the vocals sucked. I could barely hear what the guy was singing (after the 45 first seconds of the song of course).[/COLOR]

Posted by WackoHater2

A friend of mine bought it yesterday and let me borrow it to copy it. It's a sweet CD! I am happy I borrowed it from him.

Posted by nich

I don't listen to them but from what I've heard they sound way more rock 'n' roll, and for that I give them my respect. The only song I've heard is black parade but apparently some songs you might mistake for a Queen cover or something. Perhaps by their next album they will have a more refined and completely unique sound which could be quite interesting.

Posted by Killer Jordo

They have sort of changed their style. 2 years ago they were Emo. But now they have turned more rock. With a bit of emo attatched to their lyrics. I like their new music style.

So I guess it's safe to say[SIZE="7"]**** you emos![/SIZE]

Posted by Omni

Apparently the change in their sound alienated some of their fans, or something. Anyways, I'll say once again it was an improvement over what they had been doing before, but that I'm still not rushing out to buy this CD, or do download it.

spoilers: they were never really emo. They went from Post-Hardcore to a toned down pop version and now closer to Pop Rock than anything. fun fact.

Not much different than bands like Avenged Sevenfold for example. Spin their latest album compared to their first.

Posted by WackoHater2

I love the song "Teenagers" it's my favorite song on the album.

Nah, "Mama" would be the best.

Posted by Shade

Quoting Vampiro V. Empire: spoilers: they were never really emo. They went from Post-Hardcore to a toned down pop version and now closer to Pop Rock than anything. fun fact.

Not much different than bands like Avenged Sevenfold for example. Spin their latest album compared to their first.

Or Crossfade's new one to their first.

Posted by Richaod

I actually really like it. The album isn't entirely cohesive or original, but there are some great, really epic moments on the album. It has a surprisingly broad appeal, too.