First Halo 3 shots surface.

Posted by Klarth

http://www.videogamesblogger.com/2006/10/27/halo-3-collectors-edition-unveiled-bungie-shows-pictures-of-new-levels-weapons-vehicles-and-talks-multiplayer-and-other-features.htm

Multiplayer engine shots, placeholder textures, missing weather effects, ghetto water effects. It's from a very unfinished build, though, and yet it still looks better than Halo 2. Should come along veeeery nicely. :)

Posted by Axis

Yeah, looks very nice. Cant wait for some high res scans, though.

Posted by Vampiro V. Empire

Quoted post: - No bots: No bots again.

Dumb. Bots are pretty much, or should be, a standard by now. I understand why the guy would maybe not bother, but Splinter Cell DA made very capable mercs that can defend terminals like no human can if you want them to.

The character models look nice though.

Posted by Slade

The guy dual-weilding spikers looks pretty badass. 'Cept he's orange, but whatever. I'm glad there will be a new anti-vehicle weapon, too.

...I wish there were bots.

Posted by Skitzo Control

I just like the phrase "Man Cannon." I think I have a new nickname for my penis.

No bots? That's fine with me. Bungie has a hard enough time keeping the game balanced, fun, and all-around entertaining; don't make them cut into one of those three to give us bots that like to jump on top of toilets.

Posted by segashadow128gcn

no bots isnt a big deal to me, its all about live, these shots look amazing, i dont want to get all anticipating yet but i can help it.

Posted by s0ul

...what the hell is Frostbite? They made up a map. :-\

oll bring back prisoner plz

Posted by cool gamer dad

NO MAN THEY SHOULD BRING BACK THE PISTOL

Posted by Alastor

Looks nice. I'm really excited to see the Mongoose revived for the time being. There'll be even more screens and info in next month's EGM, by the way.

"We tested Halo 3 matchmaking last night. . . . We only tested two matchmaking “hoppers” - both of course created by our own Ninja on Fire. And only three maps – the three featured in the upcoming EGM story (which contains more info and art than the screens and images already leaked to the intarwebs this morning)." -Frankie, Bungie.net

Posted by Skitzo Control

[quote=s0ul]oll bring back prisoner plz
Prisoner and ****ation 4-ever. With all the jump/grenade tricks, too!

Posted by Moogs

Yeah, the guy with the spikers does look bad. I'm glad they brought the mongoose into this one, that should make it fun. I can't wait to see more screenshots and get more info. on it next month.

By the way, is there a date yet? I haven't really been looking around... .

Posted by Fate

One of the greatest reasons to purchase a 360.

Posted by Klarth

Brutes are confirmed to be playable in multi. Also, new brute-themed weapons and vehicles are to be added.
Spartan Laser takes three seconds to lock on and fire.
Control scheme is going to be completely reimagined, but it's likely that the classic controls will be usable.
New map - Valhalla. Spiritual successor to Blood Gulch/Coagulation, but NOT another remake. Will contain multiple man cannons.
Man cannons can be used with vehicles and map elements (rocks, barrels, crates etc) - not just people.
Multiplayer will be sixteen players maximum (this is good).
Destructible environments.
XBL interface is going to be completely and utterly revamped.
Third grenade type is a Brute-themed weapon, as plasma grenades are to Elites, and frags are to Spartans. Rumoured to be called "spike grenade".

Also, new multiplayer gametypes (not fully described yet): Ninjaball, Tank Flag, Elimination. No idea what Ninjaball is. Tank Flag = King of the hill, but you rack up points by staying in the tank. Elimination = Kill a quota of the enemy team.

Quoted post: NinjaBall (keep the ball at all costs), TankFlag (a very powerful "tank" will carry the flag, but in turn it will be much more powerful), and Elimination (kill five opponent team members).

Explains the game types a tad better.

Posted by Klarth

Huh. The place I got my article from had a badly-translated French article, so I couldn't make sense of it :(

Posted by cool gamer dad

Ninja Ball, ahaha.

I'm pretty sure this is the one where everyone has active camo except the guy with the ball.

Posted by Skitzo Control

Have you noticed that nobody really likes any of the specialty games Bungie makes? All anybody really likes are Oddball, CTF, and Slayer. Who actually plays (and enjoys) Territories or Juggernaut?

Posted by s0ul

People who like SMGs.

Posted by cool gamer dad

I love the SMG, and I still don't like those gametypes.

Posted by Skitzo Control

I'm still stuck on the whole "Man Cannon" concept. I hope it's phallus-shaped. Little Penii shooting Master Chiefs all over the maps... It'll be sweet. Not to mention that the "Man Cannon" is too reminiscent of Donkey Kong. We got the Brutes, who look like gorillas, and the Elites look like crocs, now all we need is a big boat to fight on, and maybe the "Spike Grenades" will look like big bananas!

WHAT NINTENDO MAKES, BUNGIE STEALS

Posted by Skitzo Control

[quote=Vampiro V. Empire]WHAT RARE MAKES, MICROSOFT TAKESFix'd.:)

Yeah I know, but then the joke would be lost.

Anywho, apparently shield doors, alongside man cannons, are replacing teleporters. Instead of running in and out of a teleporter, you'll be staring at some dude through a door that neither of you can shoot or throw grenades through.

Posted by Axis

I think they should've kept the teleporters.

Posted by s0ul

more like, should've kept Halo 1 teleporters.

Posted by cool gamer dad

yeah man halo 1 teleporters were so much better

I don't remember them =/ How were they different?

Posted by Bebop

The little one man buggy things seem cool

Posted by cool gamer dad

Quoting Vampiro V. Empire: I don't remember them =/ How were they different?

they're so much greener, and come on, it's halo 1.

EDIT: it's just really bad h1>>>>>>>h2 humor. I'll put it this way: if you play and enjoy h2, you're just not "kvlt", and the h1 assholes just won't let the h2 players forget it. the h2 players argue that halo is just a game stfu but we all know that it is not simply a game, h1 is life.

Ah, of course.

Posted by s0ul

ha, the tellies did work differently, and in true halo 1 4 lyfe fashion, I like them a lot more. I guess I just like that they actually come out of the teleporter instead of several feet away from it. But yeah, it was intended to be a joke, even though I was serious. OH *** PARADOX WHAT THE FU

Posted by Klarth

More info...

New Needler is not dual-wieldable. Apparently it'll be more "balanced" and "usable"...

New vehicle; Brute Ghost. Bulkier, more heavily armoured version of the Ghost.

Gameplay can be recorded onto your HDD/memory card.

Game settings - Change gravity, illuminate players (with FIRE!), alter speed, prevent people under certain conditions from picking up weapons and more. Can also be applied solely to winning/losing team.

Spike grenade - Latches onto anything, and nailing a Spartan in the head with one is instant death. Explosion launches a rain of needles, but due to the grenade's conical shape there's a blind spot so you can avoid being hit.

Military ranks - Depending on your score/overall performance you are given an actual rank in Halo 3.

Spartan Laser penetrates multiple targets.

You can carry two of each grenade.

New weapon; Spiker - Launches a huge superheated needle which impales things.

http://carnage.bungie.org/haloforum/halo.forum.pl?read=755574

Posted by s0ul

Quoting Klarth: More info...

New Needler is not dual-wieldable. Apparently it'll be more "balanced" and "usable"...

Oh that's funny, pretty sure they said that last time.

Now the Halo 1 needler, there was a weapon.

Posted by Random

Geez I can't wait to get Halo 3.. Hey Skitzo, we should play Halo 2 sometime =(

Posted by Fate

I bet the Needler will still be the faggiest gun to use.

Posted by cool gamer dad

Quoting s0ul: ha, the tellies did work differently, and in true halo 1 4 lyfe fashion, I like them a lot more. I guess I just like that they actually come out of the teleporter instead of several feet away from it. But yeah, it was intended to be a joke, even though I was serious. OH *** PARADOX WHAT THE FU

This is true. Also, H2 teleporters actually throw you across the map. If there's a lot of lag you can see a teammate's icon fly to the other end.

And the needler they promised in H2 was actually a total rape-machine, so they decided to make it suck when they were wrapping things up. I'll post a video if I can find it.

Posted by Skitzo Control

[quote=Klarth]New Needler is not dual-wieldable. Apparently it'll be more "balanced" and "usable"...I won't believe it until I see it.
[quote=Klarth]New vehicle; Brute Ghost. Bulkier, more heavily armoured version of the Ghost.And considering the Ghost was already too powerful, let's make it more armor and have a larger collision size.
[quote=Klarth]Gameplay can be recorded onto your HDD/memory card.Great, now every idiot with an Xbox 360 will have a montage.:(
[quote=Klarth]Game settings - Change gravity, illuminate players (with FIRE!), alter speed, prevent people under certain conditions from picking up weapons and more. Can also be applied solely to winning/losing team.Sweet! I can't wait for Bungie's new game list. The player holding the Oddball grows bright orange, but he moves three times faster than you, can jump to any point on the map, and is generally cooler than you could ever hope to be.
[quote=Klarth]Spike grenade - Latches onto anything, and nailing a Spartan in the head with one is instant death. Explosion launches a rain of needles, but due to the grenade's conical shape there's a blind spot so you can avoid being hit.Guaranteed death if a grenade hits you directly? Wow, where have I seen that...? The Blind Spot idea seems like it will work out nicely, though.
[quote=Klarth]Military ranks - Depending on your score/overall performance you are given an actual rank in Halo 3.So, if it wasn't bad enough we had idiots bragging about their levels, now we have morons telling us they ranked Seargant Major in campaign mode.
[quote=Klarth]Spartan Laser penetrates multiple targets.Yeah, the Sniper Rifle did that in Halo 1. Are they trying to **** off H1 fans intentionally?
[quote=Klarth]You can carry two of each grenade.It'd be better if you could only carry a total of 8 'nades, any combination of the three, but I guess two of each is cool, too.
[quote=Klarth]New weapon; Spiker - Launches a huge superheated needle which impales things.If this thing is half as dumb as it sounds, I'll be upset. Just what we need: a new power weapon. Sword, Shotgun, Sniper Rifle, Rocket Launcher, Laser, and Spiker. I have a feeling this is going to be lame.