What should happen to da Flame board??

Posted by Jesse Smith

This poll is currently going on in da mod board. Let da mods know what you want!!! :D

Odds are, it'll be deleted!!!!

A Big Brother type board for banned members would be where only banned members can start threads and every one can reply. aka, a Bakura board!!! :D

I vote to turn it in to a wacko board!!! :D I miss cheese!!! :D

Quoting Iris: It's our job to regulate how much fun they can have, rememberrrrr?

And it's a chick that proves that you guys should make da choice on something like a wacko board!!! :D We all know da mods would never go there!!! :D

Posted by Iris

That version of a Big Brother board isn't as good as a Wacko Board. I say make a Wacko Board that has no member restrictions. The spam the flame board accumulates will have to go somewhere.

Personal arguments were allowed in the Community Board before the Flame Board was created anyhow, so they can just go back in there.

Posted by Jesse Smith

Quoting Iris: I say make a Wacko Board that has no member restrictions.

You've gone nuts!! First you say no and that members shouldn't decide, and then you say you want exactly what I want!!!! (Yes, I want banned members to have access to da wacko board, since a part of being a wacko is having fun driving n00bies insane, like Bakura!!!!) :D:D:D LOL!!!! Now, confess that the members that might want it should do da voting!!!!

Posted by Vampiro V. Empire

Quoted post: Delete it. Banned members don't need a place to post; the Flame board is garbage; and the Wacko board has already been deleted, what, three times now?

Bam. Can't argue with logic that sound.

Posted by Linkman

Delete it.
Delete it.
DELETE IT!

That's all, I'm done repeating myself. There's absolutely no getting through to either of you two (Jesse and Iris), even with perfectly understandable logic.

Posted by Dexter

Delete it.

Posted by The Judge

I voted to keep it as a wacko board.

That is all.

Posted by Jesse Smith

Bah!!! If you're a mod, your vote doesn't count out here...unless your name is Iris!!! :D:D:D:D

Posted by Dexter

You're taking part of the glory of being a mod away. We're here more than you are, Jesse, and we know what's best for this place. Regular members are our sheep!

Quoted post: Bah!!! If you're a mod, your vote doesn't count out here...unless your name is Iris!!!

Bah!!!

Posted by Raptor

Do nothing, for gargoyle's sake. Do nothing.

Posted by The Judge

It's been a proven fact that the mod-base rarely knows what's "good" for the users. The users know what they want, and elitism tends to separate one from the public.

[spoiler]I await a massive argument that I will not take part in.[/spoiler]

Posted by Iris

Linkman, the board isn't hurting anything. It's a deterrent for a lot of spam and the members are enjoying it plenty. The idea of deleting it completely goes against all the other stupid arguments you've made.

I only suggest it be turned into a Wacko Board so that it doesn't look so exclusive to flaming and can be on the main boards. Yes, the Wacko Board was deleted before, but so what? DA was too.

Quoted post: I only suggest it be turned into a Wacko Board so that it doesn't look so exclusive to flaming and can be on the main boards. Yes, the Wacko Board was deleted before, but so what? DA was too.

lol ur so thick

DA has been wiped multiple times by *******s looking to get demodded. The Wacko was completely deleted by Jesse because of decisions made by the mods. See the difference? Nice logic though.

Quoted post: Linkman, the board isn't hurting anything. It's a deterrent for a lot of spam and the members are enjoying it plenty. The idea of deleting it completely goes against all the other stupid arguments you've made.

Remember when DA was blamed for causing all the spam and various other problems that plagued VGC? Yeah. Good times.

The Flame board doesn't deter anything. All it does is give a place for people to act like idiots and attempt sarcasm. People still go out to the main boards and flame away with sarcasm dripping off every word, a Flame board certainly isn't going to deter any of that; People will still go out and "spam" up other boards even with a Wacko board. I guarantee it.

Though I don't really see spam being a big problem here, whether now or in the future. If anything, it's just going to encourage spam.

Posted by Jesse Smith

Quoting The Judge: It's been a proven fact that the mod-base rarely knows what's "good" for the users. The users know what they want, and elitism tends to separate one from the public.

I'll second that. Some mods are bad when it comes to mass deleting threads. Others don't know what's best for what boards we should have, others... :D While daddy wacko knows what's best for every one!!! :wacko:

Posted by The Judge

I keep imagining a dagger with liquid fire dripping off the blade when I read this.

Quoted post: It's been a proven fact that the mod-base rarely knows what's "good" for the users. The users know what they want, and elitism tends to separate one from the public.

what about me :(

Posted by The Judge

You, Ant, and the New Linkman (and Linko_16) don't apply.

Surprisingly, it's not because you go to DA, it's because you spend less time on a pedistal. What I consider DA to be is less a place where only a specific group hang out, but a fair portion of the "main players" in VGC go and talk about who they really are, not just some internet facade. Amidst all the jokes and such, we ge to know each other a lot better, and it breeds a lack of arrogance and sightlessness in terms of the middle man on this site (aside from Klarth).

I dunno. People who go there seem more in touch with the community as a whole and each other.

And now I await to be burned at the cross.

Posted by Iris

[quote=Vampiro V. Empire]DA has been wiped multiple times by *******s looking to get demodded. The Wacko was completely deleted by Jesse because of decisions made by the mods. See the difference? Nice logic though.
lol u r rong. The board got deleted more often because of hackers, just like DA. A specific person resented the forum while others enjoyed it and gave it activity.
[quote]Remember when DA was blamed for causing all the spam and various other problems that plagued VGC? Yeah. Good times.
DA was blamed because a lot of people who frequently posted in DA had also spammed quite a bit in the main boards.
[quote]The Flame board doesn't deter anything.
Yes it does. People are going to act stupid regardless, but at least most of them know where to do it at. The main boards would get a much more spam if we were to attempt to prohibit spam completely.
[quote]All it does is give a place for people to act like idiots and attempt sarcasm.
No ****, Sherlock. that's why it's useful.
[quote]People still go out to the main boards and flame away with sarcasm dripping off every word, a Flame board certainly isn't going to deter any of that; People will still go out and "spam" up other boards even with a Wacko board. I guarantee it.
Constant flaming in the main boards isn't allowed. Those posts have popped up less and less since we've had a proper place to put them. Of course there's still going to be spam, but it will reduce it. It's worked time and time before.
[quote]Though I don't really see spam being a big problem here, whether now or in the future. If anything, it's just going to encourage spam.
If it's not a big problem, why do you want to delete the Flame Board? Also, it's not going to encourage spam any more than DA or The Lounge does. Only now it'd be a general spam board for everyone, not some clique.

multiple quote time = I stopped caring.

You're wrong on all accounts because you feel the need to nitpick at every point I made.

Posted by WackoHater2

Delete it. It's just become a place for Bakura to rant on and on for days and days. It's better off gone.

Posted by CrystalPain

Looking foreword to the flame board being gone.....defently looking foreward to it. It had no usefullness it's entire existance here

Posted by Iris

[quote=Vampiro V. Empire]multiple quote time = I stopped caring.

You're wrong on all accounts because you feel the need to nitpick at every point I made.
It's not nitpicking if you're completely wrong, fag.

Posted by The Judge

Wrong or right, it's still nitpicking.

Sort of like this:

[quote=CrystalPain]Looking foreword to the flame board being gone.....defently looking foreward to it. It had no usefullness it's entire existance here
IT'S "FORWARD" YOU IDIOT.

See? He was wrong, but I'm still nitpicking.

Posted by Iris

But you wouldn't be wrong for correcting him, would you?

Posted by Philsdad

Quoting Jesse Smith: I vote to turn it in to a wacko board!!! :D I miss cheese!!! :D

Yeah, bring back the Wacko board so I can get really wasted and make drunk threads, and fight with Vampiro and Trigger!

Posted by Zeta

*Doesn't read thread*

Keep the Flame Board, just to spite KoH.

Posted by ExoXile

Delete it.

Posted by GameMiestro

Voting to get rid of the Flame Board is like voting to ban alcohol. What is the matter with you people?

Quoted post: It's not nitpicking if you're completely wrong, fag.

You're still a fag for writing all of that when you should know I'd never read it. Fag.

Posted by Jesse Smith

Oh no!! Now da mods are talking again!!! They want it deleted, wait a month, and then add something!!!

(Something, for those of you in Rio Linda is a Wacko board!!!)

er, why not just add it now!! :(

Posted by mis0

I'm for a wacko board. The first one was actually pretty fun, and it was how I met some of my favorite VGCers.

Posted by Jesse Smith

Yo, guys, if I make a wacko board, that just MIGHT get Wacko Hater back...for a while until you guys scare him off again!!! :wacko:

Posted by mis0

do it :D

Posted by G-Sides

the flame board is the only place on the [semi]main page where i can post whatever the **** i want to without having to worry about *******s deleting my posts and i actually have fun on the intranetz.
but that might just be me? :s

and i'll only stick by the wacko forum revival if we bring lysander and chrono back.

Posted by Jesse Smith

Quoting Arms: i actually have fun on the intranetz.

That's da same as da wacko board!!!! You have fun learning how to become a wacko!!! :wacko:

Posted by G-Sides

the wacko board was fun and all back in the day but it was only like that because of the people who posted in it. WITHOUT THEM, ALL IS LOST :(

Posted by Klarth

I think it should be put in a dump truck and taken to Las Vegas!

Posted by Fate

Jeez, at least the convo Vamp and I had in the mod forum was much more civil. I don't have to pretend like I'm the smartest individual ever and that my word is law so I can get my point across, like certain people.

Posted by The Judge

I'm...sorry. :(

Posted by Lethal Shadow

Recreate the sex board :cool:

Posted by JRequalizer

Delete the site.

Posted by Kent Traffic Cop

Do the big brother thing but ALSO bring back the Wacko board...