3 Weeks = 4 Great Shooters For Xbox 360

Posted by Axis

Well, after looking over the next weeks leading up to Thanksgiving, it's going to be an awesome time for gamers. You have the Wii and Zelda coming out in Mid November, the PS3 (eBay!!) and Resistance coming out, and then 4, IMO, great games for the 360.

What are the games, though? Well, they're all shooters. Normally I wouldn't be excited about that many shooters. I like to see variety in periods like these. In March we had one great shooter (GRAW) and RPG (Oblivion). In early July we had a good RTS (BFME II) and a shooter (Prey). In August we had two great action titles (Dead Rising/Saints Row). In those periods I felt the games genres were evened out just fine. Meaning that I'm glad that we didn't have 3 racers coming out at once or 4 RPG's coming out at once. But I feel different about this stretch we're about to enter. And so do a lot of other people. At least, from where I've posted.

Ok enough of that, on to what the games are. I shouldn't really have to say them, because you have an idea of what games they are. But here they are anyways:

On October 31st, 2006 we get F.E.A.R.
[IMG]http://media.gamestats.com/gg/image/object/826/826346/fear360boxxboxart_160w.jpg[/IMG]

Ok, so if you've played the PC version then you know how good the game is. My computer can't handle it, so this is my first time to get to try it. I really liked the demo (yes, there's one on XBLM) and it's been one of those games that I think that's been overlooked. Heck, IGN just rated this as the third highest rated 360 game. [URL="http://xbox360.ign.com/articles/741/741860p1.html"]LINK[/URL]
Apparently from what people are saying it looks a little better than the PC version, which is always good.

On November 7th, 2006 we get Gears of War.
[IMG]http://media.gamestats.com/gg/image/object/846/846370/GearsOfWar-LE_Xbox360BOX_US-Mratedboxart_160w.jpg[/IMG]
Ok, everyone has heard about the game. I'm pretty sure I don't need to talk about the game. Think the game is over-hyped and doomed for failure? Wrong... except for over-hyped part. Che who used to work for EGM is playing the game right now. And absolutely loves it. The best part is he says it looks just like the graphics shown in the trailer released today, which you can find here: [URL="http://media.xbox360.ign.com/media/747/747891/vids_1.html"]LINK[/URL].

A day later, on November 8th, 2006 we get Call of Duty 3
[IMG]http://pspmedia.ign.com/psp/image/object/801/801849/callofduty3_xbox360boxart_160w.jpg[/IMG]
Wait, wait. Wasn't I bashing this game saying how bad it's going to be? True, I was. Treyarch is developing it. I had been ignoring this game until somebody pointed out the latest IGN preview. In which it stated that it could be the best online game for the 360 and a single player that beats the second. Ok, I loved Call of Duty 2 for the single player alone. Now you're telling me that it's going to be better in single player and have a kickass multiplayer? Sign me up. Even though I may go ahead and wait for reviews, I'm on the bandwagon for this game right now.

Then finally a week later, on November 14th, 2006 Rainbow Six: Vegas arrives.
[IMG]http://www.gamestop.com/common/images/lbox/200172b.jpg[/IMG]
If you haven't tried the demo on XBL yet, I command you to do so. Only problem is that you need European account on your system. If you don't know how to do that let me know and I can tell you how. I'm little stressed for time at the current moment and can't dig up the link for it just yet. Anyways, back to the game. The demo's graphics were freaking amazing, it uses the U3E, and it showcases it fantastically. My favorite part about the game would be the face mapping. On Christmas Day when I get my camera, I'm grabbing my dog and taking a picture of him. Thanks to Klarth for giving me that idea.

Well after looking through these games I can pretty much assume that my wallet is going to blow up. I plan on camping out for a PS3 not soon afterwards and selling it big on eBay. Too bad the PS3 doesn't come out before all of this. :/

Posted by Klarth

Saw the new GoW trailer today. Had to actually look up to see if it was prerendered or not. ***, there are so many reasons to get a 360 right now.

[quote=Axis]On Christmas Day when I get my camera, I'm grabbing my dog and taking a picture of him. Thanks to Klarth for giving me that idea.
Keine Probleme. :D

Posted by Axis

The Gears of War trailer is confirmed to be real-time. Che who is already playing the game says the gameplay looks just as good as the trailer. I'm freaking pumped now.

Posted by Vampiro V. Empire

CoD3 is my number one game right now. I'm so looking forward to it it's not even funny. Rainbow 6 coming in second because it just looks amazing with tons of tactics and ways of going about a firefight. Gears should be fun, but I'm not as excited as I once was, and same for FEAR. I just can't see myself dedicating my time to FEAR when I'll have CoD3.

Posted by brownoystercult

Guitar Hero II is also being released in November. Oh boy, and since I'm a huge sports game fan, Tony Hawks Project 8 should rule, VERY hard. The demo was AWESOME. Best month in videogame history ever?

Quoted post: Best month in videogame history ever?

Yes. Very yes.

Posted by VirtualRealityZone

I can't wait for GOW or CoD III to come out. :(

It's driving me CRAZY.

Posted by s0ul

Hm. The only one I could care less about is Gears of War, which I do want, but only behind 4 Wii games. Maybe Christmas? I am disappointed with the Xbox 360 experience. :(

I'm not :( Most fun I've had with a console since the NES.

Posted by s0ul

Serious? I only have 7 games, 2 of them are bad, 1 is multiplatform, and there's nothing on the system that I've wanted to try but haven't. Sure is a mighty fine movin' picture player though.

Posted by Fate

Definitely getting F.E.A.R., and Gears of War sounds pretty promising.

And Double Agent really is fun.
:(

Posted by Axis

Double Agent has been pretty fun so far. Which is suprising because I haven't really liked the past Splinter Cell games that much at all.

Quoted post: Serious? I only have 7 games, 2 of them are bad, 1 is multiplatform, and there's nothing on the system that I've wanted to try but haven't. Sure is a mighty fine movin' picture player though.

Heh, CoD2 and Splinter Cell are all I need to be happy right now.

Quoted post: And Double Agent really is fun.

Online? If so, me and you gotta get our stealth-sneakin' on some day. Seriously.

Posted by brownoystercult

Is Spies vs Mercenaries the only online mode?

Quoted post: Is Spies vs Mercenaries the only online mode?

That's not co-op? Yes. Which doesn't matter,
believe it or not, since that mode is probably the only one people would bother playing.
It's simply awesome and never gets boring.

Posted by Last Fog

I really wish these were more spread out over time. I'd love to play all these games but it's not possible in such a short period. Plus there's nothing really worthwhile after the holidays so it would be great to get one blockbuster each month.

I am however getting both COD3 and Rainbow on launch. Those two I can't wait for.

Yeah, true. I don't feel like spending two-hundred bucks in the span of a couple days on games =/

But lawd knows I need them all the day they come out.

Posted by Moogs

I'll probably get F.E.A.R. this weekend since I've wanted it since the PC version came out, but my PC sucks hard so I couldnt get it. Then, it will be CoD III that game is going to own all other shooters, I mean I loved the single player of CoD II and if CoD III has BETTER single player and multiplayer it should be a great buy... After that comes Rainbow 6 the graphics looks amazing and also the fact I've loved R6 games since the first one released. And last, GoW for the fact it is way over hyped and im really not excited for it any longer... I'll probably get this Christmas time.

As far as Double Agent goes, it rocks. I've always loved SP games and this one is no exception, personally for me the best solo mode. I love the fact you have to keep both agencies trust up and the multiplayer way better than CT.

Posted by Dexter

I'm definitely into Call of Duty 3. I just spent the last two hours playing Call of Duty 2 and it's still exciting for me. Since Wii isn't going to have anything online for awhile, I'm glad to have something like Call of Duty 3 coming out.

Posted by Axis

Well I have been playing F.E.A.R. most of the weekend and it's been pretty fun. Strongest part of the game is the multiplayer, I feel like this game is going to have a lot of replay value.

Pros: Very smooth Framerate, fun gun fights, particle effects are amazing, multiplayer is loads of fun.
Cons: After a multiplayer match, you get kicked to the main menu. Which pretty much means playing with friends is useless.

Overall right now I would have to give it a 8.5. It's still far to early to judge, though. I haven't completed the single player campaign yet.

I'm probably skipping FEAR. However, my anticipation for GoW skyrocketed over the weekend and now I can't wait. Unfortunately, I didn't reserve it and only EB and Gamestop are getting it tomorrow. Everywhere else is next week. Luckily, fukken CoD3.

Posted by Axis

I'm pretty sure you could just walk into the store and buy it this week. It's not pre-order exclusive or anything.

Well, A) I hate buying games at EB, and B) Chances are high they'll be sold out by the time a mosey on by. But you're probably right. Might as well give it a shot.

Posted by KoH

I'm going to get Rainbow Six and I already own Gears of War (today woot). Reason being is that I already "own" F.E.A.R. as well as the expansion pack for it on the PC. Same thing for CoD 3 (when I find the time). Not only that but I also tend to do better in those games on my PC. That and my PC just kicks ***.

Oh yeah, Rainbow Six. Still need to get that ****. Not even sure when it comes out now...

Posted by Axis

November 20th.

Eh, I'll probably leave that for christmas. CoD3 will tide me over.