What should happen to da Flame board?? Part 2

Posted by Jesse Smith

I vote it be turned in to a Wacko board so there can be a vgchat playground!!! :D

http://www.vgchat.com/showthread.php?t=18521

To see what da members out there think.

Posted by Linkman

Delete it.

Posted by Vampiro V. Empire

Delete it. Banned members don't need a place to post; the Flame board is garbage; and the Wacko board has already been deleted, what, three times now?

Posted by Jesse Smith

Ack!!!! Something tells me I should make da Wacko Poll out there, since their da ones that would want to use it, not you intelligent mods!!! :D

Posted by Iris

But Jesse, we can't let the members decide on board-wide changes! That's insane! It's our jobs to regulate how much fun they can have, rememberrrrr?

Posted by Jesse Smith

Quoting Iris: It's our jobs to regulate how much fun they can have, rememberrrrr?

Thanks for proving that THEY should be da ones to do the voting for da wacko board!!! :D

http://www.vgchat.com/showthread.php?t=18521

Posted by Dexter

Delete it. We can bring it back next year. I like it better after it has been gone for at least a year. :)

Posted by Alastor

Baleet.

Posted by Fate

I don't think it needs to be deleted, just moderated better. The original FB had more serious attacks on members and had some good drama. When I had the FB, I deleted Bakura threads and "flame me" threads. Now it's just building.

I'd say moderate it better or leave it like it is now: a place for trash.

Quoted post: I'd say moderate it better or leave it like it is now: a place for trash.

See, that's not such a bad idea. If it was used as, let's say, a War Board, just for flames that could actually be a good idea. Problem is, VGC doesn't have those types of members, it's not that type of place. You'll be deleting a hell of a lot of ****, and rightfully so. You can't expect enough people to flat-out hate each other to form an entire board for it. Bringing serious flame threads to the community board is fine.

Posted by Fate

A gulag-type place where the worst "credible" threads in VGC history are placed.

Posted by Linkman

That's basically the point. VGC is not like it was long ago. Members are less hostile to one another. The flame board has long since proved it's worth on VGC these days, and that is that it's stupid and worthless.

Quoted post: A gulag-type place where the worst "credible" threads in VGC history are placed.

I'd lol. But I can see the pointlessness in it. For now, i'd say just delete it, be done with it. Add something later if need be.

Posted by Fate

I like how people use the words "pathetic", "useless", and "worthless" to make things seem worse than they are and to further their own point/agenda. I think we could all agree to get some better adjectives in our vocabulary.

If not a better-moderated forum, turn it into a gulag. Seriously, there's some history that needs to be documented in this place.

For a really good example, the "gays in video games" thread turned into a huge war between Bebop and boomstick. It was classic, like the way Coarse and Unite used to fight about the SquareEnix merger.

Posted by Linkman

There needs to be a separate forum for that?

Posted by Fate

Obviously you don't understand, so let me explain it even further.

A historic section, if you will. The best of the best threads could be put there. Not just temporary funny stuff, but some actual quality arguments that could be read over and over. I love reading the relations between members. I'm positive there are members just like me that would like to read these "classics".

Quoted post: I like how people use the words "pathetic", "useless", and "worthless" to make things seem worse than they are and to further their own point/agenda. I think we could all agree to get some better adjectives in our vocabulary.

But he's right. It is worthless. What worth does it bring, but spam and tons of useless **** that no one even bothers to read? It literally has no worth to anyone.

Quoted post: If not a better-moderated forum, turn it into a gulag. Seriously, there's some history that needs to be documented in this place.

For a really good example, the "gays in video games" thread turned into a huge war between Bebop and boomstick. It was classic, like the way Coarse and Unite used to fight about the SquareEnix merger.

Hardly anyone even reads archived threads. No point.

Posted by Fate

The FB as we know it has turned into a spam pit. I feel like I need a place to kick off things to. At the moment, I'm using the CB as my "garbage" area so nobody complains about their post count. I feel bad for those who have to moderate CB, though, so a cesspit would be cooler. A gulag-type place would be a nice playground for VGC, where dumb videos and stupid **** can be posted freely.

I think archived threads would be better if they were on the front page, but that's just me. Unless they're already on the front page.
:(

Quoted post: The FB as we know it has turned into a spam pit. I feel like I need a place to kick off things to. At the moment, I'm using the CB as my "garbage" area so nobody complains about their post count.

If it's truly garbage, then they shouldn't keep the post-count. The whole thing should be deleted. Otherwise, make an invisible forum for moderators so they can do just that, kick trash off to somewhere else where no one else can get to it.

Also, a gulag is starting to sound like another wacko board. Which I'm against no matter what.

Posted by Fate

Umm, I was hated for like a month because of the stuff I deleted, remember?

Oh, yeah, and you can't post in gulag threads. I forgot to mention that.

Quoted post: Umm, I was hated for like a month because of the stuff I deleted, remember?

Oh, yeah, and you can't post in gulag threads. I forgot to mention that.

Yeah, that was awesome :cool: But you forget why. It was more because you were cleaning TONS of **** out at one time, mainly things that were old and no one even remembered. If you take care of stuff right away, little bits at a time (since there shouldn't be that much anyways) chances are no one will notice. Thus, no problems.

Ah, then it's not so bad. I'd probably be cool with it.

Posted by Fate

I wasn't a mod right away! But I see the point, and it is noted. I like to take care of stuff as soon as it comes up.

Everyone else wants to delete the FB. I think something can be done about it. Just turn it into something else.

Quoted post: I like to take care of stuff as soon as it comes up.

As do I, which is probably the best thing. The more there is, the more to delete, the more the post count will go down, the bigger the complaints apparently.

Eh, I just don't think we should turn it into something right away. Delete it all, wait a month or two, and start fresh.

Posted by Fate

That sounds like a good idea.

Would it be too much to ask for a blog cleanup?