Firefox 2

Posted by brownoystercult

It's ouuuuuuuuuuuut. Currently downloading..

http://www.mozilla.com/en-US/firefox/

Posted by Vampiro V. Empire

Tech board get!

And I'm checking it out later this week.

Posted by Klarth

RC3 (which is the same thing as this release) has been around for upwards of a week. You're a tad late boi.

Posted by Linkman

-moves thread-

Yeah, I heard. I'll get it eventually, but I'm like extremely busy right now.

Posted by Apathetic

Getting now :D

Posted by KoH

[quote=The Storm]-moves thread-

Yeah, I heard. I'll get it eventually, but I'm like extremely busy right now.

I know what he's busy with. 8-)

I had it when it first came out and I like this version much more. I just get a good feel for it.

Posted by lameboyadvance

Well, just upgraded. So far only a third of my extensions are incompatible, and my main ones (my tab & session managers) won't work and the authors have no intention of doing so.
I also prefer the 1.5 theme, but that was easily fixed.

...I wonder if I can downgrade...

Posted by Lord of Spam

Does it transfer over bookmarks and stuff like that?

Posted by lameboyadvance

As far as I can tell all data was transferred, its just the fact that the majority of my add-ons don't work which annoys me.

...Anyone know of any good 2.0 compatible multi-row/reopen tabbar and save/savetofile/restore session add-ons?

Quoted post: ...Anyone know of any good 2.0 compatible multi-row/reopen tabbar and save/savetofile/restore session add-ons?

They're built in now, so there's no need for extensions.

New ****:

* New Windows installer using the Nullsoft Scriptable Install System (NSIS)
* New anti-phishing features
* There are now several hidden options for how the tabs are displayed, and the close behavior is slightly different
* A history of recently closed tabs and the ability to reopen closed tabs
* Automatic restoration of the user's browsing session if there is a crash
* New default theme with new icons and a new tab bar design.[16]
* Inline spell checking in text boxes and the ability to search in these areas.
* Search suggestions now appear in the search box auto-complete for Google, Yahoo!, and Answers.com
* New search service that supports Sherlock and OpenSearch engines
* Combining the extensions and themes managers into an "Add-ons" manager, updating it to provide enhanced security and to allow for easier localization of extensions.
* New search plugin manager for removing and re-ordering search engines
* Improved support for previewing and subscribing to Web feeds (RSS and Atom)
* New microsummary feature for bookmarks
* Support for Scalable Vector Graphics (SVG) text using svg:textPath
* Client-side session and persistent storage

A lot of those used to be extensions.

Posted by Killer Jordo

I like it.

Posted by Trigger

At least Adblock still works. I always disliked upgrading when a new version of that add-on hadn't been released yet. I still have to wait for new releases of the Firefox theme that I used to use, though but the default looks decent enough. (Mostly due to my current Windows theme). The built-in spell checking is a good idea, even if most of us may never find it correcting much of what is written; it makes very little excuse for people to be blatantly stupid with the English language. Now it's time for me to go ahead and delete my beta installer that I kept for ages while using it.

Posted by Apathetic

It works for me. Thats nice that a lot is built in now too. :)

Posted by Linkman

I took the time to get it. I must say it was well worth it. I like the ability to drag around tabs and order the ones you have open. It's extremely useful, at least it is for me.

And it has a spell checker. Just another reason why EVERYONE should be forced to use Firefox.

Posted by Ant

Yeah, the spell-checker is nice. I got a nice little theme with it, as well as a download bar. It's real nifty.

Posted by Klarth

Quoting Linkman: I took the time to get it. I must say it was well worth it. I like the ability to drag around tabs and order the ones you have open. It's extremely useful, at least it is for me.

You've always been able to do that...

Posted by Linkman

Quoting Klarth: You've always been able to do that...

No you haven't, at least I couldn't, and everyone else I told about it couldn't either.

Posted by Klarth

FF 1.5 has always had that function for me.

Just tried it again. It works!

Posted by Linkman

oic. I never got Firefox 1.5. I usually only bother updating if it's a big update or necessary.

Posted by Klarth

1.5 was pretty huge.

Quoted post: Does it transfer over bookmarks and stuff like that?

It's cool because I downloaded it last night, and after uninstalling it eight or so times, it finally installed fully and transferred everything over. It just took a long time.

Quoted post:
FF 1.5 has always had that function for me.

Just tried it again. It works!

Never knew that. I was always using an extension.

Posted by RandomizeR

I just got it. lol