50 Cent

Posted by Arcadios

I like him but he is overrated.
I liked Get Rich or Die Tryin' but then he hit people with The Massacre and couldn't help but feel he's taking the same path as LL Cool J with the whole hard attitude to soft persona.

Posted by WackoHater2

Get Rich or Die Tryin' is the better of his two albums, although The Massacre has some good songs. 50 is pretty overrated, but he is still good.

Posted by Arcadios

Meh, he lost his touch.
Now G-Unit is barley alive with poor sales like Banks' most recent album.
Game poked fun of it with his new diss track, Soundscan.

Posted by Desperado

He aint no MC and he's eating off hiphop.

Posted by Arcadios

Heh, most people say that.
His career is in jeopardy thou since Game attacked him with all those mixtapes and diss tracks.
Lloyd Bank's Album flopped and 50 said he's even going for a more R&B feel on his next album.
I think it's over if 50 flops but if he makes the right moves on the mainstream outlook he can still stand up.
Hit party tunes like In The Club and Candy Shop is all you need now in days to make a platinum album.

Posted by Desperado

its music, so realy anyone can like him...

personaly, im not into the newer hiphop party vibes of 2day. Old School jams were the **** (Gin & Juice lol)

Posted by Arcadios

It's mostly due to the new tunes you hear with riches, materialistic things and such on the radio making it public friendly.
That's what comes to mind at first when you think of Rap but it's diffrent when it comes to Hip-Hop.
50's First album was more Hip-Hop than The Massacre.
He is somewhat overrated thou.

Posted by Desperado

Quoting Arcadios: It's mostly due to the new tunes you hear with riches, materialistic things and such on the radio making it public friendly.
That's what comes to mind at first when you think of Rap but it's diffrent when it comes to Hip-Hop.
50's First album was more Hip-Hop than The Massacre.
He is somewhat overrated thou.

its like...he makes kids think being a Gangster is cool when its not. You aint gotta b a Gangsta to be a rapper. N now lots of ppl been followin this trend. Older Gang Related Albums (Amerikkaz Most Wanted for example) had alot more reality, there was a message behind all the explicit lyrics. But u realy had to sit down and listen to those albums a couple of times before understanding the meaning. Its wat real hiphop headz do.

Posted by Arcadios

Heh, yea.
Just look at Lupe Fiasco, he didn't talk about guns or violence and he created a classic.

Posted by Desperado

Lupe's dope. I dont listen to him much but he got my respect.

Posted by Arcadios

I actually respect those who rap about things other than guns and drugs from time to time.
Nas can go either way but 50 is all about the ladies now.
He's trying to go the LL way thing is once he's lost all respect can we regain it like what LL did with Mama Said Knock You Out?

Posted by Desperado

Quoting Arcadios: I actually respect those who rap about things other than guns and drugs from time to time.
Nas can go either way but 50 is all about the ladies now.
He's trying to go the LL way thing is once he's lost all respect can we regain it like what LL did with Mama Said Knock You Out?

I respect any artist, long as he's real without going over the edge (fiction). You can make jokes too, I mean it's art. But it gotta make sense before making dollars. If not than u aren't a real MC or artist.