LOST Discussion

Posted by Klarth

RULES: IT'S COURTEOUS TO SPOILERTAG BIG THINGS, BUT YOU DON'T HAVE TO SPOILER THINGS WHICH HAVE ALREADY BEEN AIRED.

SO, WARNING: THREAD CONTAINS SPOOOOILERRRRRS.

How is there not a thread for this yet? Especially considering season three started a few weeks ago.

So, we've already seen a new DHARMA station, but it's not The Flame - Conjecture from the Lost Experience makes me think that The Flame could be either [spoiler]the radio mast[/spoiler] or [spoiler]the DHARMA barracks[/spoiler].

Also, last week's episode - We got another Locke flashback and we STILL don't know why he was a paraplegic? Bah. Also, seems like the crazy light from the discharge turned Desmond into [spoiler]some kind of clairvoyant[/spoiler]... I hope the series doesn't become too much of a supernatural wankfest, to be honest. It hasn't been TOO outlandish so far.

Tomorrow's episode doesn't sound like it'll be a whole lot of fun, unfortunately - The summary seems to say it'll just be a whole lot of flak on Sawyer being interrogated, and Jack being made some kind of offer, so I'm guessing since the season premiere had Jack's flashbacks it'll be a Sawyer-centred episode.

Furthermore, Evangeline Lilly is hot.

Posted by Aioros

[COLOR="Yellow"]It was refreshing to see Charlie again, who has become probably my favorite character on the show, followed by Sayid and Locke. Concerning Locke, J.J. Abrams has confirmed that it would be revealed during this season how he became a paraplegic. So since it wasn't explained on the last episode, it should on the next one concerning Locke, maybe once he starts a rescue party for Jack, Kate and Sawyer.

I tend to not put too much thought into the Lost theories since i usually just end up being downright wrong, but someone at the IMDB boards brought up a very interesting one. Which is that somehow the "others" were interested in Locke since way before he crashed on the island. Also that the people on the pot farm may have been in fact "others", and were testing him; would he kill the undercover cop in order to save his new "family"?. If this theory is true it would explain why when Ben (Henry Gale) was captured in the hatch, and asked by Locke what his purpose was, he responded "We were coming to get you Locke", or something like that.

And yeah, Evangeline Lilly is very hot.[/COLOR]

Posted by Klarth

http://www.4815162342.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=23991

Probably the best theory EVER. Very, very intriguing stuff, but I advise against reading it if you're trying to stick to the mystery of the show. Heavy reading ahead.

There are loads of theories stating that various people in the flashbacks are DHARMA recruiters, but I don't really buy it - It's pretty certain that certain people financed the Hanso Foundation, though, like Sun's father and Charles Widmore. I reckon Locke's "family" were just a bunch of slightly misguided hippies and nothing more.

Also, for anyone not paying attention to The Lost Experience, DHARMA stands for [spoiler]Department of Heuristics And Research on Material Applications[/spoiler]. Also interesting to know that the Others are remnants of the initiative as was evidenced by Ben saying "that was a long time ago". wtf at them having contact with the outside world...

Ahh, mysteries.

Posted by Stalolin

I just watched the first episode a day ago.

It seemed like it foreshadowed what every other episode in the season was going to be about.

Was kind of cool.

Figure I'll watch the second one tonight and see how it turns out.

Posted by nich

The only prediction I will make is that we will not see any real plot developement until after the winter break. Oh, and that the polar bears escaped from the zoo, but that's sort of obvious.

Posted by Klarth

Ya. Kind of dismisses the theory about them being a manifestation of Walt's psyche, as with the bird flying into the window in the flashback.

Posted by Bebop

Klarth baby, who are you seeing Lost before the UK? What is your source? PM me please :3

Posted by Klarth

I'm in Chile :3 But [url=http://scrapetorrent.com]this site[/url] indexes torrents from all over the place, so just search Lost and hit it up by seeders.

Posted by nich

Well, just saw the latest episode, nothing too awesome. Desmond can see into the future, Evangeline's smokin' etc. On the clips for next week however, I think I saw something I'm not going to like [SPOILER]i.e. what looked like Mr Eko dying.[/SPOILER] So next week's looks to be a good one.

Posted by Aioros

[COLOR="Yellow"]Am i the only one who thinks that the flashbacks this season are becoming really stale and useless? During the last two seasons, flashbacks not only added useful information about the character's personality but also tied in with the events on the island. This season however, they add nothing new that we didn't already know about Sun, Jin and Sawyer, so much so that they're starting to feel like time fillers and i find myself wanting them to be over so that they can get back to the actual interesting stuff going on in the island. I think it's time for producers to think about either gettting rid of the flashbacks entirely or only show them if they're really important bits of information that are going to contribute to the island events.[/COLOR]

Posted by Klarth

Last episode with some really awesome flashbacks was Live Together Die Alone - And as a result Desmond has pretty much become my favourite character in the show overnight after watching it again. Next episode is apparently Eko-centric, which I don't get considering there are no overbearing holes in his history, so we have no reason to care about him "confronting demons from his past".

Also,

[quote]When the hit ABC television show "Lost" needed a laboratory to film a scene involving Elizabeth Mitchell (Juliet), there was one obvious location: the new state-of-the-art research building at the School of Medicine in Kakaako.
So after the winter break we'll be seeing eps with flashbacks from members of The Others... I hope we get some involving Ben. The only way they can keep them interesting is to:

- Have one (or more) involving Libby
- Feature people who haven't been covered yet
- More about the pasts of the Others
- TELL US HOW LOCKE GOT CRIPPLED *** ****IT.

Posted by Bebop

Evangeline Lilly has been seen wearing a wedding dress on set. She marries Hurley I bet.

Posted by Klarth

She buys Eko and he uses black magic to seduce her.

Posted by Aioros

[COLOR="Yellow"]And what up with the 2 new characters Paulo and Nikki that were suddenly introduced in Locke's episode. The way they were brought out seemed too forced, they should've been given a proper intro and quick backstory right away so that the viewers understand who they are. Instead when Locke and Charlie arrived at camp with Eko they were there as if they had been part of the group from the beginning. Even worse was Nikki's somewhat bossy attitude: "ok, when were you planning on telling us this HURLEY!", when she said that Locke should've been like "umm, who are YOU, GTFO!".

I understand the writers are trying to introduce new characters to keep the show fresh, but do it properly da[COLOR="Yellow"]m[/COLOR]n it.[/COLOR]

Posted by Klarth

Yeah. Have them living underground, or stealing babies!

Posted by Bebop

Hurley dies after eating a poisoned baby.

Posted by Klarth

So. HOLY ****. Eko. Holy ****ing ****. And we also know for sure that the monster can assume human form. Holy ****ing ****.

This leads me to believe that the manifestation of the monster we saw without realising in S2 was Hurley's "friend" Dave. Anyone with me?

Also, I'm willing to bet the dude on the screen in the Pearl was "him".

Posted by Klarth

Also, action figures.

WRYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY.

Posted by Aioros

Quoting Klarth: So. HOLY ****. Eko. Holy ****ing ****. And we also know for sure that the monster can assume human form. Holy ****ing ****.

[COLOR="Yellow"]I kinda had figured that out already, it was also probably Jack's dad in Season 1.

SPOILER

It was sad to see Eko go, in such a sad and almost in vain kind of way. Which is the same way Boone, Shannon, Ana Lucia and Libby all died. None of them got a decent farewell, they all just suddenly. . . died.[/COLOR]

Posted by Klarth

The only deaths in the series which ****ed me off were those of Libby and Ethan. Libby because we know shit-all about her, and Ethan because I genuinely thought he was a badass. I mean, ones like Ana were expected and predictable, but Ethan and Libby were TOTALLY out of the blue. Bah.

Posted by Aioros

[COLOR="Yellow"]I take it we're going to find out more about Libby eventually. I got a feeling she's somehow connected to a couple of very important events. And about Ethan, i wished he had been cast as Ben instead. He was a lot more menacing and had a better presence than Michael Emerson.[/COLOR]

Posted by Bebop

I prefer the actor for Ben actually, rather than the actor of Ethan. Ethan certainly looked more menacing but I think the gentle, fragile nature of the actual actor works far better.

Ive finally seen episodes 1 to 5. Trying to get hold of 6.

So far Im really enjoying it. Ive heard this series getting alot of stick but I see no problem with it, other than those other 2 characters brought in somewhat badly.

Posted by Bebop

I just saw episode 6! This show has been blown wide open!

Posted by Aioros

[COLOR="Yellow"]G[COLOR="Yellow"]O[/COLOR]DDAMIT, KATE, RUN!!!

That's all i have to say.[/COLOR]