Tony Hawk's Downhill Jam

Posted by WILLETH FOR MONTHS

Go and buy it now or I won't respect you ever.

Posted by GameMiestro

Heh, Europe has to wait until November to get this game. But yeah, I'm gonna buy it.

Like, this week.

It's like two weeks away. I'm sure all of us Europeans won't miss out too much.

I am, of course, getting an import copy.

Get yourself on the DHJ forums before Friday - there's a housewarming tournament going down.

Posted by GameMiestro

Why bother even posting there? According to the thread, selecting Automatic anytime during Friday will magically put us in a race with them. Plus, some of the members on that site (not you, of course) are really annoying...

Selecting Automatic on Friday will randomly match you with people, with a chance of getting the Agoras. It's just awesome to be able to chat to the people you're playing with.

Posted by GameMiestro

I bought this game about two days ago, and have since played it for over a dozen hours... it's brutally difficult, but very addicting. I have the top scores on wi-fi for longest grind and manual for every area in the game, but my favorite is a 53 sec manual in Kilamanjaro. Note- there's no focus cam in this, so you can't use that trick where you hit focus every time you're about to bail.

I should be getting my copy in the mail some time soon.

Get ready to be beaten down. :D

Posted by GameMiestro

[quote] Get ready to be beaten down. :D

Bud, look at this- [URL="http://ds.downhill-jam.com/scores/?action=scores&difficulty=1&set=global&level=3&x=9&y=3"]http://ds.downhill-jam.com/scores/?action=scores&difficulty=1&set=global&level=3&x=9&y=3[/URL]

Highest combo, second highest score, second biggest combo, longest grind and longest manual. Watch the replay if you ever get a chance, I thought it was pretty cool. :)

Oh-kay, you're beating Goopy. That's ridiculously impressive.

Posted by GameMiestro

I spent about 5 hours doing that level over and over again.

The level is 4 minutes long.

That's really sad, isn't it?

Edit: Every time a female character in the game does a big jump, she says "I got wings!". For some reason, this reminded me of you...