Could you live without TV?

Posted by Xero

[COLOR="DeepSkyBlue"]I basically watch TV for "Family guy" and the "Much Music Countdown". Aside those 2 shows, I find the rest pretty boring. Yet I think I's miss my TV if it was gone, so no. I can't live without TV personally.

Also, if there's no TV, I can't play on my playstation and my N64 :(. No definitly can't do it.

You?[/COLOR]

Posted by Last Fog

vivir sin el tele? mas o menos, porque yo nunca mirando, pero necesito para jugar los videojuegos. :link:

Posted by Fate

I could most definitely live, but video games, anime, and just generally using the television have been integrated in my life to a point where I'd get really bored if I couldn't use it. There are other things to do, of course, but when you're used to living a certain way it takes a lot more energy to live a different way.

Posted by Slade

I'd be fine without "television," as I hardly ever watch it. However, the television itself is the vessel for my gaming needs. Of course I'd be able to live without video games, but it'd be no fun to go find new hobbies. I don't think that anything can be as entertaining as a good video game to play with three other friends late into the night.

But I guess my vote is still, "Yes, I could live without TV."

Posted by Sapphire Rose

Easily. I'd have more time to read and go out and do stuff.

Plus, I hardly watch TV as it is, so it's almost no change for me. With the exception of video games and anime, of course.

Posted by Killer Jordo

I could live. It'd suck. Considering I do watch a fair amount of TV. But less since I don't have cable in my room for the next 6 months in the house we are renting until my parents new house is done being built. But life would be boring without it. I listen to the TV alot, since it is right infront of my computer. So I do listen, not so much watch.

Posted by Raptor

I'm sure I would be able to adapt.

Posted by Vampiro V. Empire

Yeah. My TV is always on, but I rarely ever bother watching it. As people have said, I wouldn't want to give up the actual TV for various reasons, but the stations themselves I don't really care about.

Posted by Klarth

I don't watch TV, so yes.

(Note for pedants pointing out that I like LOST: I download it.)

Posted by Boner

TV is a luxury I'd rather not be without. Could I live without it? Yes. It is not needed to sustain life. Though, I do have a 52" rear projection HD ready TV in my bedroom, I don't even have cable hooked up to it. I simply don't watch Tv shows. I either watch a DVD or play a game on it. It is also set up as a second PC monitor so I can get the dual screen action going. It's great for PC games too.

Posted by Ant

No I could not live without television. Not that I don't want to, it's that if television ceases to exist, how will I feed?

Posted by Lord of Spam

I usualy only watch like a half hour of tv a day, so yeah, I could do without it.

Posted by higbvuyb

I basically just watch the news, which is made redundant because I read the newspaper anyway. I'd rather just sit there playing video games.

Posted by lanzer

Once when i was moving i lived without TV for a month i can live without it sort of but it got boring watching simpsons episodes and listening to radio.

Posted by The Judge

TELEVISION!

TEACHER! MOTHER! Secret lover.

Nah, I like TV too much.

Posted by mis0

As far as television in terms of the programming viewed via cable/satellite/radiowave, absolutely. The only shows I watch regularly are Grey's Anatomy and The Daily Show. But I watch a bunch of DVDs, and I use my 24" LCD as a monitor for my laptop.

Naturally, it's not gonna kill me not to have it, but I'd be bothered to have to watch TV via youtube. And if I couldn't do that, then I might be simply bothered in general.

Posted by G-Sides

i can do without all of this; tv, computer, video games, etc if it came down to it. freedom of the mind, my friends 8-)

Posted by Zeta

Like other people, for shows yes, but for video games, no.

Quoting The Judge: TEACHER! MOTHER! Secret lover.

lol simpsons

Posted by ExoXile

Yes.

Television doesn't include videogames, tho.

Posted by Boner

Quoting ExoXile: Yes.

Television doesn't include videogames, tho.

Orly? You plan to play them on your toaster?

Quoting Xero: [COLOR="DeepSkyBlue"]
Also, if there's no TV, I can't play on my playstation and my N64 :(. No definitly can't do it.[/COLOR]

Posted by ExoXile

Quoting Boner: Orly? You plan to play them on your toaster?

Yes, that'd be so awesome.

Or, what about 19" inch TFT?
Huh!? HUH!?

Posted by WackoHater2

Honestly, no. TV is my religion.

Posted by Jesse Smith

I rarly ever watch that thing you humanoids call TV. Now living with out da internet...ack!!!!

Posted by mis0

Quoting Panic: Honestly, no. TV is my religion.

Don't worry, we already know that. It's quite rather obvious.

Posted by Corrupt

I could definitely live without it. The only times my TV is on are when I'm playing video games, or at night to help me get to sleep. It dates back to when I was a kid, when I'd have these night terrors of skulls and **** popping out of my television right at me. The only reason I really leave it on at night nowadays is because I need the background noise. It's a lot more difficult for me to sleep in complete silence.
[spoiler]buffet[/spoiler]

Posted by Dexter

It would be easier for me to live without television if everyone else lived without it as well.

Posted by WackoHater2

Quoting Jesse Smith: I rarly ever watch that thing you humanoids call TV. Now living with out da internet...ack!!!!

Yeah, no Internet would be worse. No VGC? No MySpace? Hell, I even use YouTube to watch episodes of Yu-Gi-Oh! GX that I missed on TV sometimes.

Posted by ExoXile

Quoting Dexter: It would be easier for me to live without television if everyone else lived without it as well.

Socializing.

Posted by GameMiestro

I stopped getting cable for my TV this month, so most of the channels I liked are virtually all gone. I could easily live without it because most of the games I play are on handhelds, anyways.

Posted by Pit

play games on comp etc, so yeah, could get rid of the unit and dont care too much for the channels.

Download tv shows and watch dvd's on this.

Posted by Ant

Hmm, here's an interesting question! Would the world be a better place if TV never exsisted?

Posted by Hammered On

Certainly.. I've never been a tv person.

Posted by Fate

Quoting Ant: Hmm, here's an interesting question! Would the world be a better place if TV never exsisted?

I could see the pros of it, but from a technological and report-criminals standpoint it'd be devastating. :(

Posted by Linkman

I could definitely live without cable TV, because, well, for the most part, it's just garbage. Could I live without a television set? no. It's required for movies and video games. :(

Quoted post: Would the world be a better place if TV never exsisted?

Better how? Because the world has never been "better" even without TV.

Posted by ExoXile

Quoting Vampiro V. Empire: Better how? Because the world has never been "better" even without TV.

You'd be socializin' alot more.

Me personally? Doubt it. People on a whole? Possibly, though that won't technically make the world a "better" place. Just more social.

Posted by ExoXile

That is better.

IMHO.

Posted by billards

Quoting Ant: No I could not live without television. Not that I don't want to, it's that if television ceases to exist, how will I feed?

What are you going to do when you come out to AZ? I haven't had a TV since august of 05. The only shows I would want to watch are The Shield, and South Park. I just play a lot of vid games, watch movies, or be online.

Posted by Bebop

On average I watch roughly 2 hours of TV a week. Not even that. Ive been living without it for a year or so.

Posted by christinadeenadee

I don't own a TV. So I don't watch TV unless I'm veging in the student lounge. There usually isn't anything good on and we lost the remote last year, so I'm too lazy to change the channel. The TV also shocks me every time I touch it. Student government needs a new TV...and remote. I've actually figured out that I have so much more time on my hands when TV is cut out.