Posted by Bj Blaskowitz

http://youtube.com/watch?v=8T2oNi7eaYk

Tonight we dine in Hell!

discuss
[spoiler]while I'm disappointed that this movie halted the making of the movie based off of the book "Gates of Fire", which was one of the best books I have ever read,http://www.amazon.com/Gates-Fire-Novel-Battle-Thermopylae/dp/0553580531,
furthered by my having read "300" and finding so much historical inaccuracy and over-cliche heroics, I am still excited because this movie is about the most romantic, heroic display of man's greatness (the battle of Thermopylae). Glood, guts, fighting, ancient history. Boner.[/spoiler]

Posted by Klarth

Looks very heavily stylised, and I love the colour treatment. Also I'm glad they used a NIN song in the trailer rather than the standard pseudo-epic orchestral crap we usually get in films about ancient Greece/Rome/Sparta.

Posted by Vampiro V. Empire

I was dying to see the trailer, so I caught it pretty much the hour it was released on the net. And my ***... it was awesome. I grabbed the original issues from a friend a couple months after it was announced, so I'm really looking forward to seeing this when it comes out. If it's anything like Sin City was and how faithful it was to the source, then this should be nothing short of stellar.

Posted by Lord of Spam

A movie based on a book based on a story. SHOULD BE AWESOMELY ACCURATE.

But yeah, it does look like it's going to rock out loud.

Posted by Bj Blaskowitz

it's a movie based on a book based on an actual event

Quoted post: A movie based on a book based on a story. SHOULD BE AWESOMELY ACCURATE.

It's not accurate at all. Instead, it's awesome.

Posted by Klarth

If all historical movies were accurate, they'd suck.

Gladiator, for instance. Naked Russell Crowe all over the place? NO THANKS

Quoted post: If all historical movies were accurate, they'd suck.

Exactly. Plus, if I recall correctly, it wouldn't be anywhere close to 300 guys. Pretty sure they had other armies with them, allowing them to win. And that just wouldn't be anywhere near as cool.

Posted by Klarth

Historically, there were a thousand men fighting the Persians at Thermopylae. Three hundred were Spartans, and they're the ones who count.

Posted by Bj Blaskowitz

and they kicked the most ***!

Posted by Zapper

Trailer looked awesome :D
I'm definitely gonna see this.

Posted by Bj Blaskowitz

I wish history relied on Thucydides's histories. Greeks were walking hell, death, and destruction in them.

Posted by El Capitan

I was more blown away by this trailer than Transformers. This movie looks well made with all the lighting and settings. I bet this movie cost quite abit of money. Im looking forward to this.

Quoted post: I was more blown away by this trailer than Transformers.

Considering the fact that the Transformers teaser showed absolutely nothing but a shadow, yeah, that makes sense.

Posted by Dexter

Looks very stylized, indeed. I'd like to see it. I don't know the comics, but I didn't know the Sin City comics either and I enjoyed that very much.

Although I'm looking forward to The Fountain much more. :)

Posted by S

Is anyone else as entranced by this movie as me? I'm reserving iMAX tickets as soon as I can, and seeing it the at first possible showing. Every frame of this movie could be screen shotted, framed, and hung on a wall.

Posted by Crazy K

Looks great. The first time I saw the trailer I shivered a bit. But I usually shiver when I think something looks good. Anyways I might be seeing it, but since Hot Fuzz comes out the same day (March 9th) I may just have to see that instead.

Posted by s0ul

Hot Fuzz is the 9th?! WOOOOO

Looks like I'm rocking double movies that day.

Posted by s0ul

lol double post so crazy k sees this thread bumped and learns he is a rat bastard. Hot Fuzz is April 13th according to IMDB. YOU TRICKED ME

Posted by Dexter

Then The Ex it will be.

Posted by Bebop

Every time I see new stuff about this film I switch back and forth from "OMG AWESOME" and "this is going to be overrated cheesey crap".

Posted by Dexter

I'm looking forward to Sin City 2 more. 300 should be poetically impressive while at the same time cheesy, hopefully.

Posted by S

Judging from just Sin City... I'm pretty sure it won't be cheesy. I'll be really, really disappointed if it is though. I don't think I've ever been this excited over a movie, except maybe Tomorrow Never Dies, after playing Golden Eye for N64 for so **** long.

Posted by Dexter

What are you saying? Sin City was cheesy!

Last movie I remember getting really excited over was Adaptation.

Posted by Crazy K

[quote=s0ul]lol double post so crazy k sees this thread bumped and learns he is a rat bastard. Hot Fuzz is April 13th according to IMDB. YOU TRICKED ME

Thats what I thought, but when I am at the list of films ( http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2007_movies ) it says March 9th right under that of 300, The Namesake, Nomad (The Warrior), and The Ultimate Gift.

But yeah, I thought it was March 9th, according to Wikipedia.

Posted by Dexter

The Ex isn't even on that list. Don't listen to it.

Posted by S

Quoting Dexter: What are you saying? Sin City was cheesy!

Last movie I remember getting really excited over was Adaptation.

Sin City was flat out badass. End.

Posted by Dexter

Manly film, indeed, but still cheesy.

Posted by Fate

The writer of 300 did some great stuff with Spider-Man comics, so I'm watching in good faith.

Posted by maian

It looks interesting, but I have my doubts. 300 is a true story, and from what it looks like, there's some bizarre stuff in it that really can't be historical at all. ;|

Either way, I should probably watch the trailer again. I'll see it, but probably not on the first day.

Quoted post: Judging from just Sin City... I'm pretty sure it won't be cheesy. I'll be really, really disappointed if it is though. I don't think I've ever been this excited over a movie, except maybe Tomorrow Never Dies, after playing Golden Eye for N64 for so **** long.

Sin City was incredibly cheesy. 300 will be the same, though to a lesser degree.

Posted by Dexter

idk. 300 looks to be more cheesy to me. I kinda hope it is.

Nah, if you compare the comics it's not as cheesy as Sin City. I'm going to assume 300 will be just as faithful as Sin City was, of course.

Posted by Bebop

Sin City did have some cheesey bits but I didnt think it was that cheesey. I was still able to watch and enjoy it when normally a thick slice of cheese makes me unable to continue looking at the screen. It's what happened with Red Eye.

The difference between the two is that Red Eye was unintentional for the most part. Sin City was created that way, so the cheese was better masked and blended into the story and characters. Where one was held back, the other was improved.

Posted by Bebop

I forgave Sin City since it was pretty much a direct translation from comic book to film. And I don't think Red Eye's cheese was unintetional. Wes Craven has somewhat a history of being a cheese expert. If you look at the final scene of Red Eye where Rachel tells an old couple to **** off before grabbing her girlfriend for a 'girls night out' (or whatever it was) there is no way during the making of it was the amount of cheese and accident or anything like that.

Which is why I said for the most part. But as one was integral to the story and characters, the other was detrimental. Wes Craven (whatever little he actually did with the film) can't write for ****, and his cheese-factor usually works against him. Especially post-Elm Street. Miller, however, is a genius at it.

And I've forgotten my original point. My point now, is, 300 will be cheesy, but not horribly so, nor to the degree of Sin City. It will, however, be **** fine cheese.

Posted by Red

I remember seeing the trailer on AOTS awhile ago, looks like a ****ing sweet movie.

Posted by MetalVox~55

How can a movie suck when it not only looks badass in the trailer, but when NIN is featured in the trailer soundtrack? I say **** y'all, it'll rule the world. :)

Posted by Arcadios

Looks great actually.
Might catch it with some friends during our time off.

Quoted post: How can a movie suck when it not only looks badass in the trailer, but when NIN is featured in the trailer soundtrack? I say **** y'all, it'll rule the world.

Who said it'll suck? I think everyone's pretty much in an agreement that it will be amazing. Or really, really good.

Posted by MetalVox~55

Quoting Vampiro V. Empire: Who said it'll suck? I think everyone's pretty much in an agreement that it will be amazing. Or really, really good.

Figuratively speaking, my friend.

i don't get it lol

Posted by Vg200x

anyone seen alexandra?? I compared the 2 even tho when the arrows start flying down looks kind of japanish, the movie just looks like a blue screen nightmare, I'm going to go see it just for the heck but I think alexandra is still going to be a better movie.

Quoted post: the movie just looks like a blue screen nightmare,

Sin City?

Anyways, I don't think there's much to worry about. The source material is excellent and the director obviously has an eye for style, what with Dawn of the Dead being under his belt. And are you talking about "Alexander"? If so, it's nothing like that movie. Though the arrow scene does smack of "Hero."

Posted by Lord of Spam

just saw the theatrical trailer yesterday while seeing Ghost Rider. I am looking forward to 300 more than pretty much any movie I've ever looked forward to.

Posted by Bebop

So your saying having a Doc Ock who is actually menacing is a bad idea for a villain?

Posted by Oforia

I love the sepia tone that they put in this movie. If it is as good as it looks in the trailer, this will be an amazing film.

Advanced reviews say it's amazing in every way possible. Go figure.

Posted by s0ul

Hell, I could've told you that.

Posted by Frankie Jaegar

[COLOR="Orange"]There's no IMAX theaters in Tucson so we're making the trip (1hr, 30min wtf) up to Phoenix on the 9th.

A fair trade for 3 hours of eye candy and twizzlers :D
[/COLOR]

Posted by Bebop

Quoting Vampiro V. Empire: Advanced reviews say it's amazing in every way possible. Go figure.

Empire magazine, one of the UKs most respected film magazines, gave it 3 stars out of 5.

Key word: "UK"

Posted by Bebop

Point is?

idk, you suck or something? different standards? something to explain the two missing points?

Posted by Bebop

The standards are much different. I'll think twice before using a respected view to comment on a product of arguably the worst film industry in the world.

Posted by Fate

You could watch the movie and judge for yourself, but that would make too much sense! :cookie:

Plus, seeing as how it is the UK and how our good is crap and our crap is good to you guys, dissenters don't need to say anything! Just tagline "I'm from the UK and we are different" underneath everything you say and we can avoid dumb arguments.

Posted by s0ul

Or you could just have "I'm from the UK and I'm wrong about movies" and avoid the problem just the same.

lol jk you like memento and i think donnie darko too so youre good in my book :mad:

Posted by Y2kMISFIT

3000- imax- friday ughhhhhhhhhhh

It's gonna be the longest day of work and school that day

Posted by Bebop

Quoting Fate: You could watch the movie and judge for yourself, but that would make too much sense! :cookie:

Plus, seeing as how it is the UK and how our good is crap and our crap is good to you guys, dissenters don't need to say anything! Just tagline "I'm from the UK and we are different" underneath everything you say and we can avoid dumb arguments.

lol point get?

Vamp was saying how he's been hearing nothing but good things. All I did was mention a publication which gave it a medicore review. I'm as suprised as everyone else really because Empire has been bigging the film up for ages and from my experience is probably the most trust worthy reviewer I can think of. The whole "lol british are betters" was just a retaliation to Vamps failed attempt at racist comedy.

oll

the british are a race? huh

Posted by Bebop

You're brimming with racism Vamo and you know it. Maple scum.

For a second there I thought you were implying the british was its own race.

Posted by Bebop

We are. Everyone belongs to a race. Except canadians. They are plug scum.

"its own" as in separate.

Posted by s0ul

So guys, how early to go to midnight showing, huh?

Me and my buddy are heading out at 6 PM, grab something to eat, and then head to the movies. Might be a bit too early, but whatevs. Grand times shall be had.

Posted by Bebop

Saw one of the fights. If I were to rate this movie on that one fight than It's crap. It was like watching a Power Rangers fights. I pray to *** that this is the only fight that sucks balls. And I pray hard.

POWER RANGERS? **** YES!

Posted by Bebop

Think Power Rangers if you watch it now. Not when you were younger and couldnt how crap the fight scenes were :(:(:(

Posted by Echo

Only 7 hours until midnight. I remember when a friend of mine called me months ago and said "Have you heard about this 300 movie? There is a trailer online." I've been looking forward to this movie ever since, almost as much as Transformers. I normally try to not get too excited about movies, but I can't wait to see it on the IMAX tonight. I just really, really hope that it isn't disappointing. From the reviews I've read, though, it sounds like it will deliver.

Posted by Red

tomorow!!

can't wait...although I have one problem with getting into the movie...I'm only 14 :(

Posted by Crazy K

I hope to be seeing it tomorrow.

Posted by s0ul

zomg got tickets for midnight showing. Hot **** I'm excited.

Posted by Bebop

Currently has 60% rating on Rotten Tomatoes. Not a good sign at all as I honestly thought no more than one critic would actually not like it. After seeing how awful that fight scene was Im tempted to save myself disappointment and just re-watch the trailer. Come on guys we've all seen the best bit already!

Posted by Frankie Jaegar

[COLOR="Orange"]Looks like IMAX is out of the picture... fukken 15 bucks that I don't have.

fukken college.

Anywho, I'll try to scrap up the change in my dorm's lounge couch to try to see it at the normal theater. Tomorrow, after my last midterm, of course :([/COLOR]

Posted by Echo

Just got back from the midnight showing. Excellent movie. There are, of course, historical inaccuracies (I haven't read the graphic novel, so it could be that it has the same problem), but by the end of the movie you won't care. This is a movie a lot like Snakes on a Plane in the way that if you go into the movie expecting some really deep plot with all sorts of deeper meanings and that sort of thing, you will be disappointed. However, if you want to see some really cool (although pretty fantastical) fight sequences and hear some kick-*** lines, you will be very happy when you leave the theater. The movie is basically pure brawn, filled with gore, violence, and fighting, along with being extremely quotable.

I had high expectations, and they were very fully met. You just have to make sure that you have the right kind of expectations.

Yeah, it was ****ing awesome. Better than the source material in just about every way. The characters were more fleshed out, subplots were added and expanded upon, the ending was more "upbeat," all while remaining really, really faithful to the comic. A lot of the scenes were actually identical to panels from the comic, and the effects the director used to recreate the look of a single panel really helped to tie it all together. Loved it.

Posted by Fate

Some reviewers said it belonged on the PlayStation than on the big screen.

lol not an insult

What the **** does that even mean?

Posted by Crazy K

I'll most definitely be seeing it Monday.

Posted by fates warning

I am really excited to see this movie. Hopefully I can find a good place to download it from, all the latest torrents are BS.

Posted by Raptor

Or you can choose to not be a douchebag and pay to see it in a theatre.

Yeah, no kidding. Plus, in all honesty, this is a movie you have to see on a fifty foot screen. There's just no other way to see it.

Posted by Tiptoegecko

I saw it, and I loved it. It was such a ****ing good movie. So much blood and action, it pleased me very much. Some pretty funny moments and when Queen Gorgo stabbed that Persian asswipe, the entire theatre clapped.

Posted by Red

****ing great movie, the scene where the 2 Spartans were fighting back-to-back and it kept going fast while they were slashing,stabbing etc., then slow motion when their weapons came in contact with the Persians...AMAZING!!!
realy the whole movie was ammazing, but certain scenes in particular.

"then we'll fight in the shade!"

Posted by x.r0wney.x

i just saw the movie and I LOVED IT. the best plot story and visuals that i have ever seen in a war movie, and alot of blood :P mmmmm....blood

Posted by maian

Tomorrow. I would've seen the midnight showing, but school was an issue. Due to everyone's plans, we're seeing it tomorrow. I'm excited.

I gotta say, the blood, though lots, was handled really well. It never seemed gory, and almost artistic in the way it was done. Good stuff.

Posted by fates warning

oh, I am going to see it in theaters as soon as I can go (cant drive yet). I just really hate waiting if I dont have to.

Posted by nich

So, so good. I was so pumped after that first huge battle I couldn't even stand it. I'm willing to say, best use of slo-mo, ever.

Posted by Dexter

There were times during the film that I thought they used way too much slow-motion but then afterwards I appreciated how they did it, especially during the battle scenes. Just some of the slow-motion horse riding seemed to slow things down a bit.

Posted by Shade

Would've seen it last night if not for ****ing curfews. :mad:

Posted by Oforia

Yeah, wtf is the point of torrenting this movie? This is definitely one of those films where you should just shell out $10 at your local theater to see it. I am going to see it tomorrow.

Posted by boomstick

I greatly enjoyed, definitely meet my expections, very well done, probably the best movie I've seen this year

I'd hope so...

Posted by Tiptoegecko

madness?

THIS

IS

SPARTTTTTTTTAAAAAAAAAAAAA!

Best quote<3

Posted by maian

Amazing.

Posted by s0ul

My opinions on it greatly vary based on what part of the movie is being talked about. Everything actually in Sparta was boring as hell, and from what I hear none of the wife stuff was even in the graphic novel. The fights were great, save the first one where they're just pushing the Persians and it seems like they're just playing hot potato with the camera so you can't see a **** thing. The fights were all hugely badass, but there was too much not-fighting for a movie like that. I can't say I didn't like it, I thought it was really cool but it really drives me crazy when directors don't know what the people want to see. Crazy action/war movie plus boring wife drama at home??????//// no thx

Posted by Fate

I thought the politics were pretty cool.

Posted by Bebop

Quoting Vampiro V. Empire: What the **** does that even mean?

Its too brain dead to watch but brain dead enough to be passable as a game? Think Dynasty Warriors.

Posted by Dexter

The part where Queen Gorgo kills Theron was rad, sOul! I didn't even see it coming.

Posted by s0ul

Yeah, that was like 3 seconds though. The rest of Sparta was boooooring.

The Queen was only in the comic for a few pages. So all of that plus the politics were added in. And thank *** for that. Seriously, other than the art, the movie was better than the comic in just about every way. I like the "not-fighting" parts because it actually added some depth, for what little there was. Then again, I don't need to watch movies with constant action to be entertained.

Posted by Tiptoegecko

Quoting Vampiro V. Empire: The Queen was only in the comic for a few pages. So all of that plus the politics were added in. And thank *** for that. Seriously, other than the art, the movie was better than the comic in just about every way. I like the "not-fighting" parts because it actually added some depth, for what little there was. Then again, I don't need to watch movies with constant action to be entertained.

I have to agree with this awesome statement.

Posted by Lord of Spam

Note to self: do not see awesome movies with girls that are wearing low cut shirts.

Yeah, so i sorta saw it. Kinda. I could tell by the sound that it was badass anyway:/

Posted by S

Quoting Mixman: Yeah, wtf is the point of torrenting this movie? This is definitely one of those films where you should just shell out $10 at your local theater to see it. I am going to see it tomorrow.

I've seen it twice. In iMAX both times. Both were ****ing worth the price. Overwhelmed by the movie in every way. This movie was breathtaking and an utter masterpiece in my opinion.

Posted by Dexter

Quoting Lord of Spam: Note to self: do not see awesome movies with girls that are wearing low cut shirts.

A girl could be naked and still wouldn't be able to distract me.

Posted by Lord of Spam

Quoting Dexter: A girl could be naked and still wouldn't be able to distract me.

That is because you are a homosexual.

Posted by Raptor

I enjoyed Troy more. I was expecting plenty of mesmerizing visuals, and that's what I got, but I didn't get much more out of it than that. Troy offered much more interesting history and character depth. Good film, but way over-hyped. I'm not sure I'm even interested in seeing it again.

Posted by Fate

I thought Troy sucked. :(

Posted by Shade

Saw it last night, and bloody hell, was it amazing. Gave me my fill of nice, gory action, and there were some pretty hilarious lines in it too. An all round badass movie.

Posted by Tiptoegecko

Quoting Fate: I thought Troy sucked. :(

I thought Troy was good, but not as good as 300 <3

Posted by Dexter

Quoting Fate: I thought Troy sucked. :(

Odd how I still think Troy is cheesier than 300. I was expecting more cheese from 300. 300 is superior when it comes to visuals and style but I still enjoy the characters in Troy more. They made things interesting and in the long run Troy probably left me with more of an impact.

Posted by Shade

Definitely more impact from 300 for me.

Quoted post: A girl could be naked and still wouldn't be able to distract me.

Yeah, pretty much. Then again, there's enough naked girls on screen as it is.

Anywho, I thought Troy was badly cast. It was a good movie, but not that great.

Posted by maian

I agree when Troy had more impact. Troy was simply much more deep, with more developed characters and a broader story. I loved 300, but I also wasn't really expecting much depth from it.

Posted by s0ul

Quoting Vampiro V. Empire: Then again, I don't need to watch movies with constant action to be entertained.

Nor do I, but in a movie that is lacking in depth as much as 300 they'd have been better off giving it 0 depth instead of the weak depth they tried to give it that really just took away from the real draw of the movie.

Posted by Shade

I don't really focus on how much depth they gave in movies like that. For me it's just "that guy just got decapitated lol owned"

Quoted post: Nor do I, but in a movie that is lacking in depth as much as 300 they'd have been better off giving it 0 depth instead of the weak depth they tried to give it that really just took away from the real draw of the movie.

Not really. Like I said, I enjoyed them. Don't really see why you had a problem with them.

Posted by s0ul

When I think about it, you and I tend to disagree a lot considering what my sig says.

Maybe that's why we're an unstoppable crime fighting duo.

It's because you're a spic and I'm white. There would be something very wrong with this world if we ever agreed. I'm still right because I'm looking at most things from the correct perspective. But so are you, just to a lesser extent because you're some other, less important, race.

Posted by Oforia

I thought Brad Pitt actually did a good job in Troy, which is rare, that he actually does a good job, being Brad Pitt and all.

Troy was good, but seemed empty. 300 had a great ending and was directed a lot better. Nevertheless, they were both good movies, probably the better of the ancient war movies. Gladiator was good to, but doesn't really compare.

Posted by veritas

I just saw 300, it was an amazing movie. Probably the best ancient war movie ever.

Posted by Raptor

I actually felt Gladiator was a far superior film.

Quoting 2fast4u: I just saw 300, it was an amazing movie. Probably the best ancient war movie ever.

...hahaha

Posted by Bj Blaskowitz

. . . Troy sucked, Gladiator was alright, 300 was pretty good. . . people must have low expectations these days. There needs to be a Caesar movie. Why hasn't there been a Julius Caesar movie, I wonder.

Posted by G-Sides

i thought troy was good
i thought 300 was ok
i thought alexander sucked
i didn't see gladiator

Yeah, Alexander was just embarrassing to watch. But I still enjoyed 300 on a completely different level than Troy or Gladiator.

Posted by Dexter

Gladiator > Troy > 300 > Kingdom of Heaven > King Arthur. Alexander doesn't belong.

Did Gerard Butler remind anyone else of Sean Connery?

Posted by Oforia

oh yeah, I forgot about Kingdom of Heaven. I actually liked that movie. I know he didn't play a big roll, but, Liam Neeson is a good actor. I did like 300 more though. It was very artistic. You don't see that a lot in war movies.

Posted by s0ul

Quoting Mixman: I thought Brad Pitt actually did a good job in Troy, which is rare, that he actually does a good job, being Brad Pitt and all.

Go to hell, Brad Pitt rules. Have you never seen Seven or Fight Club?

Posted by Shade

WHAT'S THE FIRST RULE OF FIGHT CLUB!?

Posted by Dexter

First two rules.

Quoted post: I forgot about Kingdom of Heaven

That's because it was a very forgettable film. Don't know why, but when I mention that film, people have to pause and try to remember it. It's not even that old. It just doesn't stick in their minds too well. There's also The Last Samurai, The Patriot, and Braveheart.

300 is the best when it comes to the actual battle scenes. In that regard it defeats Troy. It's totally successful in what it was aiming for.

Posted by Bebop

Saw it last night. Enjoyed it lots. My 2 main critiscms are:

1>The accents
2>No idea how many Spartans died when where and how except for the guy who lost his head.

Quoted post: 2>No idea how many Spartans died when where and how except for the guy who lost his head.

All of them except the narrator. So 300.

Posted by Red

Quoting Vampiro V. Empire: All of them except the narrator. So 300.

I thought a handful of them went back to Sparta including the one that had to pass on the message...wouldn't that mean they didn't die. or was I not paying attention.

Posted by Colonel

You weren't paying attention.

Probably still laughing from when I let out the huge fart during the silent, and disconsolate scene.

Posted by Red

hmmm, well I KNOW that the messenger was a Spartan. and unless he died than that would make only 299.

Posted by Colonel

HE DIDN'T DIE!

HOLY POOP ART! YOU'RE IMBECILIC! :)

Posted by Sapphire Rose

That would make 299 since a full 300 went and one survived.

Math, ect...

Posted by Red

[quote=Saphire Rose]That would make 299 since a full 300 went and one survived.

Math, ect...

...which is exactly what I just said. Anyway, we outsmarted Vampiro for once, I guess.

Posted by Sapphire Rose

... touche.

Skipped posts, ect...

Posted by Sapphire Rose

Quoting Red: ...which is exactly what I just said. Anyway, we outsmarted Vampiro for once, I guess.

What's all this "for once" nonsense?

I do it even when I'm not here.

Posted by Red

oh? well congrats, this is my first :)

Posted by Bebop

Point get?

When that guy got his head cut off it was a big deal. But loads had died before then. He was one of the 3 guys that got any screen time when they died. Would have been nice if say the first Spartan to fall got a bit more justice. Just made it seem it was the battle of the 6 rather than the 300. Obviously theres no real way to focus on everyone of them but I still feel they could have done a bit more to make it look more like a struggle or whatever.

Posted by Red

It's true, I would have enjoyed seeing something more for the first death, however the first death, was sudden and in the midst of battle kind of as a background thing. I liked the way it was done.

Posted by veritas

that scene was amazing

Quoted post: hmmm, well I KNOW that the messenger was a Spartan. and unless he died than that would make only 299.

Quoted post:
That would make 299 since a full 300 went and one survived.

Math, ect...

It was the king plus 300 "body guards." That's 301 Spartans. You send one away... oh, what's that? 300? yeah. Idiots.

Posted by Red

299, 300, close enough.

**** it, Vamp has bested us yet again.

Posted by Colonel

My favourite scene had to have been when that one guy got a big giant spear/lance/pole, whatever the hell it was, in teh face!

Posted by Red

I'll say Javelin as it was used as a projectile, and that was the King of Sparta, throwing it at the King of Persia I believe.

Posted by Bj Blaskowitz

actually, that was a spear. Spartans didn't carry a "javelin" (Aichm

Posted by veritas

My favorite part was when they were facing those guys with shiny faces. I think there names were the immortals or something like that(please do go into an outrage if I dont know there name) anyway I like when they push the huge pile of dead bodies over and pwn them

Posted by Bj Blaskowitz

oh *** the immortals looks retarded

Posted by Fate

It was a Frank Miller interpretation. You really think Persians are androgynous? No way.

Posted by Bebop

Quoting Vampiro V. Empire: It was the king plus 300 "body guards." That's 301 Spartans. You send one away... oh, what's that? 300? yeah. Idiots.

Then the film should be called 301. Honestly, if you're going to make a film about the 301 Spartans who fought off the Persian army you could at least get the name right.

Posted by Oforia

I want to know where they kept getting new spears. It's not like they pulled them out of people they killed. They must have thrown over 500 spears in the movie, at least.

Quoted post: oh *** the immortals looks retarded

I thought they looked cool. Then again I have an affinity for masks.

Quoted post: Read the worst review of it in the London metro today. 1 star out of 5. Apparntly its too brutal, homophobic, racist and facist. lol what? I hate it when people call a film racist because the bad guys are black.

It's funny because quite a few reviews have been saying there's racist undertones. Not only in the case of persians/asians, but also in the case of the Arcadians and other Greeks.

Posted by Oforia

I loved the way the immortals looked. They reminded me of monkeys.

Posted by Bebop

I liked the looked of the immortals. Freaky. Just what you want when it comes to bad guys.

Posted by Oforia

No! You can't call them bad guys! That's just racist!!!

Posted by Bj Blaskowitz

Quoting Vampiro V. Empire: I thought they looked cool. Then again I have an affinity for masks.

It's funny because quite a few reviews have been saying there's racist undertones. Not only in the case of persians/asians, but also in the case of the Arcadians and other Greeks.

everytime I saw them I thought of that movie Scream, and was expecting some screaming broad with her hands waving by the sides of her head to come running by the front of the line.

I need to have a few beers and then see it again. It's hard when you've studied the battle as well as ancient greece SO much, to go in there not expecting to be disappointed. I liked it, just not as much as you guys

Posted by Zeta

Alternate version of the PA comic is superior.

Quoted post: Alternate version of the PA comic is superior.

If by superior you mean still garbage, ok. Good lord that **** is unfunny.

Anywho, the scream comparison never crossed my mind. The Immortals still look **** cool either way.

Posted by Bebop

Quoting Zeta: Alternate version of the PA comic is superior.

The baldness one right?

Posted by Fate

I studied the Battle of Thermopylae before, too. Of course there were discrepancies, but I still liked the movie tons.

Posted by Sharpie

Great movie, I'm trying to find a good Spartan shield on ebay and an ab roller. Try going to youtube and typing in '300 pg trailer' best video ever. :D

Posted by s0ul

Of course it's not the same as the real battle. I figured there were giants and monsters and all sorts of weird **** because the whole story is being told by one of the Spartans that was there, can't recall his name. Like, you know, he exaggerated and sensationalized it because he was telling the rest of Sparta? my interpretation of it was that he was trying to inspire them and make the 300 seem like heroes and such.

And if that's easily debunked by something I missed, it was way cooler than the real battle would've been l0l

Posted by Bebop

That chubby guy with swords for arms was badical.

Posted by Red

Quoting Sharpie: Try going to youtube and typing in '300 pg trailer' best video ever. :D

"THIS, IS CAKE TOWN"

friend showed me it the other day.

Posted by Dexter

FROSTING!!!

My goodness that video was retarded. I couldn't help but laugh though. Such doofuscosity.

Posted by inequity

I saw Zodiac instead of this, and regretted it.

Posted by Red

well duh, I've never even heard of Zodiac. 300 is better though.

Posted by s0ul

The movie theater downtown has Zodiac spelled wrong on the big ol' sign in front. "Zodaic." How embarrassing.

Posted by Red

the Theatre in St. Catherines has 300 with the 3 put upside down.
but "number 23" is fine s

Quoted post: the Theatre in St. Catherines has 300 with the 3 put upside down.

No it doesn't. I was just there today. Unless you mean the big sign out front, because I didn't see that one.

Also, Zodiac was good. Slow, as expected, but good. Then again, I was always interested in that particular slice of history.

Posted by Tiptoegecko

Quoting Vampiro V. Empire: Also, Zodiac was good. Slow, as expected, but good. Then again, I was always interested in that particular slice of history.

I enjoyed that movie, and the Zodiac killer always interested me, so it was really good for me. But 300>Zodiac

Posted by Desperado

Very good movie

Posted by inequity

http://movie6.net/movie/3001.html

see it in decent cam quality while its still up

Posted by Xenos

[IMG]http://img157.imageshack.us/img157/3876/1175665653818kw5.gif[/IMG]

Worth the bump.

Posted by Dexter

Not really. There are better. I enjoy the cake one more.

Posted by Arcadios

I expected much more.

Posted by Crazy K

I still can't believe I did not see this film in theaters. I guess I'm to **** lazy to do so. I might borrow the DVD from a friend. He got the DVD from China during this past week or so.

Posted by Trigger

I absolutely loved this movie. Absolutely loved it.

I have never enjoyed a movie better than I did 300.