Jurassic 5

Posted by brownoystercult

Jurassic 5 consists of six band members that give a tag team delivery rapping style, by having each MC trading off lyrics. They sound old school, and never disappoint when going on tour. In fact, I have been to one of their concerts, and it rocked pretty hard.

Their two turntable maestros, DJ Nu-Mark and DJ Cut Chemist came together from two seperate groups. Unfortunately, DJ Cut Chemist recently left the group.

Albums:

Their first album, which consists of only 8 songs. Pretty much a solid album with maybe a couple of really good songs. My favorite songs from this album are: Jayou, In the Flesh, and Action Satisfaction.

J5's second album was released in June of 2000. This consisted of 15 songs, and was an excellent album. This was actually, the first album I bought from them, so I kinda grew into them from this album.

Power in Numbers, was released roughly two years after Quality Control. Probably THE best J5 album there is. With hit's such as: "A Day at the Races", "What's Golden", and "Thin Line", this was just an all around FANTASTIC album. All the songs consist of catchy beats, and inventive lyrics.

Feedback was released this year, 4 years after Power in Numbers was released. They pretty much shocked me with this album, because I always thought they'd only have 3 albums, but just continue going on tour. This album made me very happy, with a pretty **** solid "come back". Probably the most "mainstream" album of J5.

The guys are aren't hardcore gangster, but have more of a positive beat and just nice flow overall. They're "frill". I don't have a website where you could preview their tracks, but you could listen to the 30 second clips on either Amazon, of in the iTunes music store. Either way, I highly recommend you check out one of their albums, if you like Hip-Hop. If you don't, get the hell out of this blog!

Posted by Arcadios

I've always wanted to check them out.
Might buy a CD when I get work. :(

Posted by WackoHater2

I've heard of them, but never any of their music (to my knowledge).

Posted by G-Sides

HOLDIN' ON TO WHAT'S GOLDEN
yeah man, i saw these guys live at lollapalooza a few years back and i was impressed. def recommend!

Posted by Arcadios

Might pick up Power in Numbers if I can get a job. :(

Posted by Zeta

I keep thinking this thread is about Jurassic Park 5. >_>;

Posted by Arcadios

Nope, you silly goose.

Posted by WackoHater2

Quoting Zeta: I keep thinking this thread is about Jurassic Park 5. >_>;

I laughed so hard at that... :(