Iris for Board Help and Suggestions?

Posted by sabre

She's been around for almost two years now, and posts relatively intelligently. I think she knows her way around the board enough to make her perfectly qualified as a BH/S mod, and I think it would be useful to keep someone around there to help out. So, I'd say it feels appropriate to do it while we're still modding up the joint.

Posted by Klarth

She'd do much better as mod for the IM board.
Which, ironically, was what she was meant to be doing.

Posted by Xenos

Pretty much the same reason as Abraxas to why I said no--I don't think she really cares about that board either, but yeah. I think she'll make an excellent mod for the IM board.

Posted by sabre

She browses it quite a bit, actually. I've seen her viewing it on Who's Online quite frequently.

Posted by Klarth

I think we've all browsed it at some point. I haven't seen many of her posts in there.

Posted by coromoro

Vegans support Vegans. ;)

No, but really, I think she'd do a great job.

Posted by Admiral Anthrax

For every animal you don't eat, I'm going to eat three.

I voted yes anyways.

Posted by Big Boss

Banned-20-million-times Amy?

Nope.

Posted by Kodachi

Oh, because when someone is banned a few times, they NEVER change for the better.

Posted by Big Boss

Quoting the kodachi: Oh, because when someone is banned a few times, they NEVER change for the better.

She wasn't banned a few times. She was literally banned dozens of times, some of them in a single day, even. The fact that she "changed for the better" only means she can stay in VGC and post her heart's content, not that she can become a moderator.

Posted by Kodachi

May I ask how long ago this was? Many of us have been banned before, but those times have passed, and we have changed. She has been a better member for a while, now, and I think she deserves a chance.

Posted by Jesse Smith

As I've always said. Go easy on the n00bies. Think twice before banning them!! One day may become mods!!! ahem, all you Super Mods were once n00bies, and every mod was once a n00bie!! :D:D:D:D:D:D

Ack!! That's AMY!!!! :D:D:D:D:D:D:D Oh boy, I never thought a poll like this was comming!! Only bigger n00bie are Real One Bjarni and me!!!! I once almost gave her the official title of a Wacko!!! Only ROB and me have that!!!! (Real One Bjarni for those of you in Rio Linda.) :D:D:D:D

Posted by maian

Well, I think it's a good idea. She's an intelligent poster now. There's nothing wrong with someone being banned before becoming a mod.

Posted by Altinure

no ty.

Posted by Speedfreak

...but I mod the IM board... :(

Yeah, anyway, not entirely sure if she wants the position though.

Posted by Dexter

I'm sure we have a current mod that is able to take the position. the kodachi or Abraxas? I don't see why we need to add an entirely new mod to the team when we have mods that can already take and actually want extra work.

Posted by Klarth

I wouldn't mind taking up bh/s at all, Dex.

I can't say I approve of the "she's not a mod, she's got no experience" philosophy, but in this instance, I think she can afford to wait a bit longer... Maybe come april, she can have another shot.

Posted by Dexter

I would like to see you there, instead of Iris. I really don't see Iris contributing much to the forums, but she does seem to have power through friendships.

Posted by Klarth

Thank you for the support; I appreciate it greatly.

If Iris does pull through, I wouldn't mind working alongside with her.

Posted by sabre

Actually, I think Dex is right. Iris is a capable mod, but she's not a necessary addition to the team yet. I'm gonna swivel my vote to a no, but most definitely in the near future.

Posted by Skitzo Control

Give it up for Iris. She would make a good mod. Not only that, she gave me that "look" to vote yes... you know, the look...

Posted by MetalVox~55

I wasn't gonna vote, but after a PM asking me to vote, i'm definately not going to now.

Posted by Concerto

*gives thread a kick*

BH&S should have a mod to keep an eye on it, and I think Iris would do the job well. Sure, she has been banned an uncountable number of times, but she has also been behaving herself for quite some time now. Besides, the "ayes" have it. ^(^^)^

Posted by Linko_16

Board Help and Suggestions needs a mod. Iris is someone who, as a mod, knows the rules well, will do her job with enthusiasm, won't take crap from people, will be helpful in developing rules and regulations here in the mod forum, and understands what it's like to be a confused newbie (Board Help and Suggestions). I think that it adds up just fine, and as long as the majority is so much in her favor, I'm wondering why she hasn't already been modded.

Posted by Jesse Smith

She PMd about 15 n00bie mods to get the votes!! :D:D:D:D:D:D:D Ack! She has the support of Evanc00le0! U sure you want this!!! :D:D:D:D:D:D

Posted by sabre

Shut up and mod her, dolt.

Posted by Klarth

I actually regret my no vote now.

hi, stephies! :-*