Nintendo geniunely screw up

Posted by Speedfreak

[URL="http://www.joystiq.com/2006/10/19/zelda-twilight-princess-for-gamecube-is-no-more/"]http://www.joystiq.com/2006/10/19/zelda-twilight-princess-for-gamecube-is-no-more/[/URL]

It's not available at retail for the US, either. Possibly like Japan it'll be available online directly through Nintendo, no guaruntees though.

I was always going to get the better version, so uh...

HAHAHAHAHA.

Posted by Bebop

This is still based on specualtion though.

Still it makes good business sense. I was going to get the Wii version anyway.

Posted by Speedfreak

Seems like they're just keeping it barely available to honour their promise to GC fans.

Posted by Fate

So much for going out with a bang. :(

Last game played for GC: RE4
Last game bought for GC but never bothered to play because there was no HD connectivity: Harvest Moon: One of Those Wonderful Beautiful Lives

Kind of sucks for hopeful GCers, though.
:/

Posted by Speedfreak

[quote=Princess Fate][COLOR=skyblue]
Last game bought for GC but never bothered to play because there was no HD connectivity: Harvest Moon: One of Those Wonderful Beautiful Lives[/COLOR]

You refused to play Harvest Moon because it didn't have HD?

What the HELL is wrong with you?

Posted by Fate

It's not that, it's that the system selector I have requires a whole lot of tweaks and connections to play the GC. It's kind of an annoying process, so I never bothered with it. Plus, when I would play RE, the screen was stretched out so badly I felt terrible. When I put the screen normally, these annoying white/gray bars appeared on the side, which could damage the screen after prolonged use. So... yeah.

Posted by Proto Man

Quoting Princess Fate: It's not that, it's that the system selector I have requires a whole lot of tweaks and connections to play the GC. It's kind of an annoying process, so I never bothered with it. Plus, when I would play RE, the screen was stretched out so badly I felt terrible. When I put the screen normally, these annoying white/gray bars appeared on the side, which could damage the screen after prolonged use. So... yeah.

It's called having a good analogue set. Don't tell me you got rid of them all?

*Sigh* this is why why it's not a good idea to jump on the HD bandwagon so early. What are you going to do when Wii comes out?

Posted by nich

I am not pleased. If Nintendo had made it a Wii game from the get go they would have had ample time to perfect the controls and graphics. I was getting the Wii version anyway but regardless, it could have been that much better.

Posted by Aioros

[COLOR="Yellow"]F[COLOR="Yellow"]u[/COLOR]ck this! Now what am i supposed to do with my purple box?[/COLOR]

Posted by Prince Shondronai

*Yawn* Ordering online is easy. Import or domestic, it doesn't much matter to me.

Posted by Proto Man

Well lets hope that NOA online store has it like Japan. I don't see why Nintendo is cutting off the GCN so quick though...

Looking at the past, Nintendo made games for the NES and SNES two to 3 years after the respective next gen system came out. Is it due to change in management? (Satoru Iwata as president.) That's the only correlation I can draw.

Posted by TendoAddict

Not a good move by nintendo. In my opinion it seems that their afraid that people are reluctant to go for the wii controlls. But that they didnt want to lie so that they are making it in small numbers.

I just hope theirs a form of the GC Zelda.

Posted by Vampiro V. Empire

I'll just grab it online, since I don't want to play the Wii version at all.

Posted by Proto Man

http://www.gamespot.com/news/6160197.html?tag=latestnews;title;0

Ah HA, we can breathe now people!

I had a feeling certain people were jumping the gun here. Ninty said we were getting a GCN release, and a RETAIL release is what we are getting.

Posted by Vampiro V. Empire

Yay!

Posted by Last Fog

Oh man this better not be the case. I've been holding on to my worthless little gamecube for almost 2 years now just for this game, and if I don't get it after all that I will ****ed, along with hundreds of others. I'm simply not ready to buy a Wii, but I WANT THIS GAME.

And since when was it pushed to December? Last I knew it was comming out the same day as Wii.

Posted by Ant

I figured that this was a little too late for them to completely abondon the Gamecube version. And they've been promising it for a long time. Regardless, Wii version is the version that I'll be getting.

Posted by Speedfreak

[quote=Aioros][COLOR=yellow]F[COLOR=yellow]u[/COLOR]ck this! Now what am i supposed to do with my purple box?[/COLOR]

If you're not planning on playing it in the next 2 months, sell it and subsidise the cost of a Wii.

Posted by Speedfreak

[quote=Princess Fate][COLOR=skyblue]It's not that, it's that the system selector I have requires a whole lot of tweaks and connections to play the GC. It's kind of an annoying process, so I never bothered with it. Plus, when I would play RE, the screen was stretched out so badly I felt terrible. When I put the screen normally, these annoying white/gray bars appeared on the side, which could damage the screen after prolonged use. So... yeah.[/COLOR]

The hell is it, a plasma or rear projection? I just now got a Sharp HDTV and it makes my GC look fantastic, despite UK GC games not having progressive scan.

Looks like it can't handle the awesome power of the Super Nintendo Entertainment System, though.

Posted by WILLETH FOR MONTHS

You'll get bugger all for a GameCube now.

http://www.snackbar-games.com/n2078.html

Confirmation, as provided by EvilAvatar and offical Nintendo word.

Posted by Speedfreak

K, locked.