Storytime

Posted by The Judge

Why am I posting this here? Because it's the least hostile audience on the face of the earth, and Arcadios seems to want me to type it up.

Note that the story I begin to type now is a serious endeavour and an actual attempt at writing, rather than my humorous ones that made little to no sense.

I will be updating this story with irregularity, so don't go ballistic waiting for it. Also, there will be adult concepts as well as adult themes going on. Since I consider you all children, I would like to take this opportunity not to warn you, as I couldn't care if your minds were frayed, but to apologize if you don't get it. Shall we begin?

Part 1: The Fall

This story begins, as these stories often do, with a death. A classic tragedy, fallen by the hands of...well, let's not get into that. Our story begins elsewhere. Little did I know, upon my descent, where that would be.

I fell. My brothers and sisters, oh how I did fall. Through a swirling void of darkness impenetrable, with roiling clouds of purple, barbed lightning amidst the blackened sky, which quickly gave way to the mighty red river that flows within all of us. It was not a sense of plunging, however. Moreover, it was less like a fall into a lake and more as though a room had been flooded. At once I could not tell what was up nor down, but could rather sense, more than see, what was around me. Drowning I was, but being pulled ever farther through a sea of blood. What lasted mere moments seemed an eternity before I finally touched the bottom of the murky depths.

My foot seemed to sink for a moment as a I gasped for air, but I quickly wrenched it free. And just like in a movie, as my foot pulled free, I was falling once more, the river completely gone. The feeling of sudden absence was indescribable, though as I drifted through the unadultered blackness, I can tell you, my friends, that it was only then that I felt dead for the first time, and realized what was happening.

What could have been seconds or millenia passed before the darkness gave way to blue. Light blue, '57. But I digress. I fell softly onto what I percieved as grass. I lay there for a few moments, time having resumed in my mind, before sitting upright. Looking around me, I was on a hill, leading downwards. The stretch before me was like something out of a painting. Flowers of the most brilliant shades surrounded me, and leading down to it beneath the cloudy overcast, there resided something in the middle of all this. What appeared to my eyes so far down in the distance was little more than a brilliant opal door, beckoning me to come.

Taking in my view, I gently cast my hand over the grass, looking in amazement as it sifted on the ground like rippling water. I took muddy steps towards the flowers and gingerly picked one up to smell it. The fragrance was nothing less than heavenly. The flower retained its shape for but a moment long enough for me to appreciate it, and then spilled through my hands like wine, pouring out upon the land.

Hesitating no longer, I ran down the hill with all the grace of a gazell, surprised by my own zeal and alacrity towards my composure. And then the strangest thing, as though things were not surreal enough, happened. As I went towards the white speck in the distance, the glow of it began to dim out. All at once, as I reached the mighty door, did I see it for what it truly was.

Onyx skulls lined the top of the door as massive skeletal hands twisted around the mighty knockers to either side. Above the gate rest a sign, reading only "Abandon all hope who enter here." And suddenly, my heart sank. Unbeknownst to this uncaring plaque, my hope had not been abandoned, but rather, destroyed. As I stared at what I knew to be the gates of Hell itself, I began to weep, falling to my knees. Yet, the chains between the door handles sparked my interest, and the gate did nothing to open. Rather, I felt myself being pulled off to the side, as though someone wished to tell me something important where these gates could not hear.

And that's it for now.

Posted by Arcadios

<3
^____________^

Posted by Shade

Woot. New story from teh Judge. Maybe he'll actually finish this one. :)

Posted by The Judge

Part 2: Pazunia

Well my brothers and sisters, pulled aside I was. As I was dragged across the painted fields, the green blades beneath me ripling as though through a tide, the hem of my coat billowed behind me. I remarked on the fact that I had died at least in nice clothing, wearing black slacks and belt, dress shoes, a red collared shirt, and my trench coat (though I did not have my belt to that on).

As the pull ceased, I was thrown to the ground by the lack of momentum, a condition I found rather odd. Ahead of me, in stark contrast to the morbid grandeur of the gates, was a stinking hole in the earth, if that's what this painted landscape could have been so named. Smoke billowed out of it at various intervals, and my senses were assaulted by the foul stench of sulfur and other noxious fumes unmentionable. Brave as I was, I crept forward slowly, peering into the endless depths, and seeing only blackness. It appeared that whatever jester was watching over my actions wanted me to jump in, rather than pass the gates of Hell into what now seemed a comforting familiarity.

My thoughts on the matter were cut short, however, as I felt the pull once again, this time coming from the gaping maw of a hole I glared into. Unable to resist, I was dragged in, and within moments, I found myself sailing helplessly into the darkness that awaited. As various gasses met my nostrils and mouth, my eyes began to sting horribly, and an unsettling wrenching in my stomach caused me to throw up into whatever void I was in. A quick rush of blood to my head, and I was gone from the waking world.

I awoke to a less that comfortable chill on my skin. Looking around, rubbing my blurry eyes awake, I could have laughed, looking back on it, that the first thing I noticed was the puddle of vomit laying next to me. Surely it couldn't have been mine, though, as it was black as tar. I slowly got to my feet, surveying the world around me.

For what it could be called a "world," I could only use such a term generously. Barren wastes stretched as far as the eye could see, to roiling hills in a distance too far to ever reach. Night reigned, and all was silent. The skies were unlit, yet the ground remained as though bathed in daylight, a feature that unnerved me more than I would have believed had I ony heard of it.

A little ways down from me was a large crevice, much like the Grand Canyon, splitting what appeared to be the entirety of this desolate landscape in half. Along either side, what appeared to be no less than desolate and delapidated fortresses lined the canyon, as though overlooking a kingdom that no longer existed.

Curiousity overwhelming my fear, I decided to walk towards the canyon. After what seemed like hours for such a short distance, I came to the lip of it, and stared down into the great abyss before me. Farther down, I could see bridges and tunnels connecting the canyon at various intervals, though the pit, much like that I had come through, seemed endless. And on the note of the hole I entered through, it seemed as though thousands more, perhaps even millions, lined the landscape now, each smoking different colors, some I'd never even seen before.

My thoughts were again cut off as a loud screech developed behind me, and I spun around only to be met by the flight of thousands of bats. They swarmed around me as I slammed hard against the ground, covering my head with my hands. When they'd finally passed, I looked up to the sky after them to see a magnificent sight: The suns were rising. I say suns as there were three, one orange, one red, and a significantly larger one that burned white. What caught my attention is that they did not burn to look at, and they rose at different speeds, though every one of them rose at a visible pace. And my ignorant stares would prove to be my undoing.

Looking towards the suns, a small black figure soared gracefully in the sky. Knew I not of this world nor its inhabitants, and lo, from even so far, I attracted the attention of the winged man, head shaped like that of a bird, weilding a massive sword, his loins draped in a red cloth and his skin draped in brown fur, he soared at me with a massive screech. Movement to my right attracted my attention for but a moment as I saw another human, though dressed in rags, quickly run out of the way, jumping down the great canyon with abandon.

Unsure of what to do, but daring not to leap into an abyss, I broke into a run as fast as I could. This was to no avail, as every moment I looked back the creature grew closer and closer, seeming to be trailed by avian beings yet unknown to me. My luck gave me a brief respite as I saw a small hole like the one that had brought me to this horrid place, and I leapt with all my speed and effort into it, plunging in. But I did not plung in. A pain in my foot caused me to look up, as I saw the man-like bird grabbing hold of my shoe, holding me upside down. As he began to raise me up, I quickly grabbed the lace and tore it with all my might, untieing it and causing my shoe to slip off, sending me sailing downards into the hole below.

That familiar feeling of sickness rose in me again, and everything went black once more.

Posted by The Judge

NOTE TO READERS: Comments are appreciated. Otherwise I naturally assume no one is bothering to read..

Part Three: The Great Maw

I found it regrettable, to say the least, that falling into the vast unknown had become a commonplace thing as of now, and limbo was more a place than a concept, whereas gravity held no sway with its feeble hands in these worlds, if they were separate. Certainly, they seemed connected.

In stark contrast to the desert I'd just left, however, did the portal open up. Before me below was a vast ocean bereft on all sides of absolutely no land at all, the waves smashing against each other in a horrid fury like that of a thousand storms. The water, as it was, reigned inky black, mixed with a green tint that made me feel sickened. Perhaps it was my hydrophobia that made the terror shoot up my spine, or perhaps it was the unknowable element of what was to come, whereas this place seemed to tell me all the horrors it could grant in my mind alone. Regardless of the source, a scream escaped my throat that did not silence until I hit the water.

Blackness everwhere, and nothing to breathe. My lungs choked, my eyes burned from the salt water, and my body shivered in the icey cold. I pumped my arms and legs in an equal effort to both rise to the surface again and to desperately generate warmth in me.

As I rose to get my first pained breath of air, I felt myself rising even more, only to open my red eyes to see myself riding a massive black and green wave, which crashed down and tossed my frail body around like a rag doll. As I struggled to get up, water surged beneath me, rocketing me out of the ocean. Flying through the air, I shut my eyes and screamed once more, in equal measurements fear and confusion, until I was once again silenced by the tides as they consumed me.

I cannot say, my brothers and sisters, how long I was tossed around like so much useless trash, but I can tell you that the instant my hand brushed against what felt like stone, I had never gripped anything tighter. Exhausted though I was, I pulled myself upon the rock, above the water. Looking up through the pouring rain, I saw before me as much a haven as a prison. The rock was merely a stepping stone to two massive towers, which seemed to be made from parts of the sea itself, with coral mixed with stone, sharp slab fins sticking out of the sides, and two massive, demonic skulls topping each one. The doorway to what I would have called Hell had I not seen the gates recently stood before me, beckoning me to come forth with an utterly forbidding tone.

Exhausted, wet-through, pained throughout my body, and utterly, utterly alone, I simply sat before the doorway and began to weep.

Posted by Zeta

I'm enjoying this so far.

Is that a good enough comment, Judgie?

Posted by The Judge

Quite.

Posted by Shade

Likin' it.

Posted by Arcadios

Bump