Favorite Mario Game(s)?

Posted by Kamek

For me, it would definitely have to be a tough decision. Super Mario Bros 3 would definitely be on my list. So many different items and worlds, I could never get bored. The ability to have so many transformations added a new dimension to Mario that I thought was just awesome.

Super Mario World was great, and I think many would put it on their list, but what captivated me even more was Super Mario World 2:Yoshi's Island. Not only does it have great gameplay, but the art in that game was fantastic, and that's why I'm looking forward to Yoshi's Touch and Go for the DS.

Who could forget the revolutionary Mario 64. Nothing beats the feeling of popping that game in for the first time. This game marked a true revolution in gaming, and set the standard for 3-D platformers to come.

What are your favorite Mario games?

Posted by -Shadow-

It would be impossible for me to pick an absolute favorite, so I choose::

Super Mario Bros. 1 (NES)
Super Mario Bros. 3 (NES)
Super Mario Bros. 2 (NES)
Super Mario Rpg: Legend of the Seven Stars (SNES)
Mario 64 (N64)
Paper Mario (N64)
Paper Mario 2 (GCN)

Yeah I know I listed a bunch of games, but these are all equally my favorites.

Posted by VicE

For me, it's either Super Mario RPG and Super Mario World 2. Both fantastic games, not saying the other ones aren't, but these are the two that stand out the most for me.

Posted by legov8

Mario Kart Double Dash

Posted by Nizmo

Quoting VicE: For me, it's either Super Mario RPG and Super Mario World 2. Both fantastic games, not saying the other ones aren't, but these are the two that stand out the most for me.

Yeah, I'd have to go with exactly that. Super Mario World 2 was just the hardest and most enjoyable Mario game out there; Super Mario RPG was just that little bit more.

Posted by Corrupt

It's a tough decision between SMB3, SMW: Yoshi's Island, Super Mario 64, and the original SMB. I also really like Double Dash as well, but I don't think it qualifies as an all-time favorite.

Posted by Ch

Super Mario Rpg: Legend of the Seven Stars (SNES)
Mario 64 (N64)
Paper Mario (N64)

Those are the top three.

Posted by mario64ds

super mario 64 and ds
all mario kart games
super mario bros 1, 2 ,3
there are lots more

Posted by Lemmy Koopa

Paper Mario 2....'nuff said.

Posted by Lemmy Koopa

PM2....'nuff said.

Posted by Map42892

out of the real platformers, it'd be a tie between SMW and SMB3. For the RPG-Type Games, PM2:TTYD

Posted by Spinal

My top3
1. Mario64
2. Super Mario World
3. Super Mario Bros 3

Posted by Takuya Kanabara

Super Mario 64
Super Mario World
Super Mario Bros. 1-3
Paper Mario

Posted by PhageTheUntouchable

Paper Mario Thousand year door.

-.-" I haven't played enough mario games...

Posted by VirtualRealityZone

The all time greatest Mario game ever would have to be super mario bros. 3. ITS GREAT!

Posted by Supermario

I like most all the Mario games, but here are my top three favorite games out of the Mario games I have played.

Super Mario Bros. 3, is my favorite Mario game. I still have a fun time playing through the whole game and finding new secreats.
Next would be Super Mario Bros., the first Mario game I played and really one of my favorites.
Third Super Mario Bros. 2, different from the original Super Mario Bros. but very fun and challenging.

Posted by Waluigi Ice Cream

WarioWare Inc. Mega Microgames for GBA and Paper Mario:The Thousand-Year Door for Gamecube are my favorites.

Posted by Morag2

Paper Mario:TTYD really, really, really impressed me... my favorite RPG ever and I can't get enough of the graphics style.

I also really like Super Mario 64... I played that game for so long that it was embarassing.

Posted by Jak Pattinson

super mario rpg was pretty cool. i also lieked super mario wolrd 2. the re-release of the game for the gba was a good decision. now i could play it without having to set up the super nintedno.

Posted by mastachief

both super mario rpg and the original paper mario were great games

Posted by [][]

are you listening to me you freaks of nature

Posted by [][]

Quoting Waluigi Ice Cream: WarioWare Inc. Mega Microgames for GBA and Paper Mario:The Thousand-Year Door for Gamecube are my favorites.

waluigi sucks boobs

Posted by Text Attraction

Quoting '[: []']waluigi sucks boobs

If you at least gave intelligent reasons to why, then maybe I'd respect your opinion a tad more.
As to my favorite Mario Games:
1. Super Mario world
2. Super mario 64
3. Paper mario (I'll include both of them)
4. Super Mario Bros.
5. *Insert three and two here(three going before two)*
6. Mario tennis <3

Eh, I didn't include the wario games because I think he pretty much has his own series of games now. In which I only have Wario II and the first Wario Ware. Oh and, I need to play Super mario RPG much much more than I have =( Curse my generation!

Posted by psp

super mario 64
paper mario

Posted by Crazy K

Definetally Super Mario Bros 3. All the other games were great but SMB3 is my main pick. I cant say how much I played SMB3, but I can say it was quite a bit when I was younger. I was like 5 years old and I could get to the boss, and nearly beat him.

In second would be Super Mario World for the SNES. SMW was just one of my favorites by far. The game was quite fun and it brought back the fun of SMB3.

In third I have to pick SMB1. One of my favorites indeed. It really showed me some good ol fun times.

In fourth I have to pick SMB2. I was never to good at it. The only time I beat it was on the GBA. And I still enjoy playing it.

In Fifth SM64. I dont have this game, but whenever I want to play it, I can go to my sisters house and borrow it. (with the N64) I really enjoyed this one quite a bit aswell.

Super Mario Kart comes in 6th. I love this one aswell. I really ejoyed playing with my friends and all that.

Super Mario Kart 64 comes in 7th. I never really played this game that much, but it still was quite enjoyable.

These are all the super mario games I really played. I never played Super Mario Sun Shine, or any of the Super Mario RPG games, or Paper marios.

Posted by Outlaw

Super Mario All-Stars (snes)
Mario & Luigi SuperStar Saga (GBA)
Super Mario World (snes)
Super Mario World 2 (snes)
Super Mario Kart (snes)
Super Mario RPG (snes)
Super Mario 64 (n64)

Posted by Opeth (clone)

i like super mario3 Yoshis island

Posted by Max Mouse

Super Mario 64
Paper Mario 2 The Thousand Year Door

Posted by MarioStar

[COLOR="Lime"]Super Mario World was my first game and my favorite i like all the different secrets and the different yoshis but Fighting Bowsers the best part of the game.[/COLOR]

Posted by TheSorrow

Super Mario RPG: Legend of the Seven Stars
Super Mario 64
Super Mario 3
Super Mario Kart
Mario Kart 64
Paper Mario(series)

Posted by veritas

Super Mario 64 by far

Posted by karateteen14

super mario world

Posted by Zelda_Guy

SMB 3 all the way! I love this game I have it for GBA and nes(on Emulator!)

Posted by Janitor

Mario is Missing.

Posted by protomanv4

for me its
mario party (2,3,4,, ive only played those 3)
Paper mario(N64, not VC)
Super Paper Mario (wii)(even though i got stuck on 1 lvl and had to return it cuz i rented it)
Super mario Galxey(wii)
sum super mario game for the gb (can't remeber the title)

Posted by muffla

super mario 64
super mario world 2
mario 64x4
mario land 2 (maybe? the gba one with the golden coins in the title)
super mario sunshine

Posted by Darth Vader

Mario 64 DS. I think it was the best because it expanded on the original game with new characters, and the graphics are moar refined.

Posted by tina.anderson

Super mario 64 is one of my favorite games ever.

Posted by WillisGreeny

Here's my best 5 order, 1 being the best.

1: Super Mario Bros. 3
2: Super Mario 64
3: Super Mario Galaxy
4: Mario RPG
5: Super Paper Mario

Posted by Oceans Dream

Hmmm... it's a tough choice here.

I'll go with these ones:
1- Mario 64. I spent more time on this game than I have on most others, including Oblivion. I got all stars multiple times.
2- Mario Kart 64. I can't play with my family because they think I cheat because I always beat them, even if I give them a huge headstart. My complaints are no music on 3 or 4 players, and not enough tracks, especially in battle mode.
3- Mario and Luigi: Superstar saga is nice. I don't have much to say about it, but the battle system is good, and I like the platformer/RPG ideas.
4- Super Mario RPG for similar reasons.

Posted by neo prime

My 2 absolute favorites would have to be Super Mario Brothers 3, closely followed by Super Mario World.

Posted by Synth2012

Super Mario RPG. The ultimate Mario game! :P

I also love Mario and Luigi: Partners In Time and Paper Mario (N64).

Posted by ZOSO

Definately Super Mario 3(NES) and Mario Sunshine(GC)

Posted by shalini

Super Mario Rpg: Legend of the Seven Stars
Super Mario 64

Posted by ritu

Hi guys,It's to tough to pick one favorite mario game. Any way I like Super Mario 3(NES) very much.

Posted by Xero

Super Mario 64 (and DS)
Super Mario Kart 64
Super Mario Galaxy
Super Mario RPG

Posted by Yoshidude

Well,mine would be Super Mario World 3

Posted by Breakman

Mario 3, Mario World, SMW2: Yoshi's Island.

I love many others, but those are like the holy trinity of mario games.

Posted by Ambellina

Dr.Mario, Super Mario brothers 2 & 3, & Super Mario 64 (N64 only. I really hated the DS remake :/ )

Posted by K1nS

I'm not really a Mario fan if Im honest but I really enjoy playing Mario Kart on the Wii, its great :D

Posted by jenny13

Hey man! how can anyone wudn't be a fan of Great Mario series..Wel my fave ones are :
Mario Sunshine(GC)
Super Mario RPG

Always Rocks!!!!!!!!