OMG THIS IS SUCH A BIG DEAL

Posted by Fate

[url=http://www.gizmodo.com/gadgets/home-entertainment/frozen-wii-caught-redhanded-208386.php]Wii freezes[/url]

Oh, wow, this system sucks so much. I bet they have ****ty boxes, too. [color=#666666]THIS IS A JOKE[/color]

Posted by Random

That sux.. I've never had an XBox or Gamecube freeze up on me.. I've had a PS2 freeze up on me constantly. My cousins 360 doesn't show any freezing up..

Could that just be a demo though? If not you guys might wanna buy Warranties :-P :-P :-P

Posted by Fate

Nah, I bet all systems can't prevent it.

Posted by Lord of Spam

OH MY *** THESE GUYS ARE PURE EVIL WE SHOULD KILL THEM ALL AND THEN BURN THEIR HOUSES DOWN WITH THEIR FAMILIES INSIDE. I CANT BELIVE THAT THE GOVERNMENT ISNT LAUNCHING NUKES AT THEIR HOUSES RIGHT NOW BECAUSE THEY'RE JSUT THAT EVIL AND I HATE THEM RAAAAAAAAAARGH!!!!1!1!ONE!

Posted by Speedfreak

...Gameboys are prone to freezes when buggy beta games are running on them. People only make fun of freezing when it's in final hardware. Or that one time Xbox 1 was being unveiled and the BSOD showed up and everyone loled.

Freezing is usually caused by 2 things, software or heat. Buggy hardware is EXTREMELY rare in this day and age.

Posted by Random

Yeah the PS3 which they viewed at one of the game showings freezed up. I don't think its a big deal.

Posted by GameMiestro

I bet he just hit the pause button.

Posted by TendoAddict

Quoting GameMiestro: I bet he just hit the pause button.

Yeah, that would exsplain why theirs no option menu and that annoying *** sound.

Posted by Aioros

[COLOR="Yellow"]OMG, Nintendo ar the screw up yett again![/COLOR]:eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

[COLOR="Yellow"]They pis[COLOR="Yellow"]s[/COLOR]in in they own feet![/COLOR]:eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

Posted by Vampiro V. Empire

That's it, Nintendo's finished.

Posted by Bebop

My GC crashed when I accidently kicked it once. Maybe it was my Xbox...Oh PS2....

Posted by Proto Man

And the NES flashes when you turn it on! Wow I wonder how Nintendo survived with all this shoddy hardware.

Posted by Fate

WHICH PROVES THEY'VE SUCKED THIS WHOLE TIME

WHO WANTS TO SEND SOME DEATH THREATS TO REGGIE ITS OBVIOSLY HIS FAULT

Posted by Killer Jordo

It was probably hot inside of the protective case. And also in the Wii since it's vox that it was in was hot.

Posted by GameMiestro

So... why exactly did you post this?

Posted by Aioros

Quoting Princess Fate: WHICH PROVES THEY'VE SUCKED THIS WHOLE TIME

WHO WANTS TO SEND SOME DEATH THREATS TO REGGIE ITS OBVIOSLY HIS FAULT

[COLOR="Yellow"]YES, THAT REGGIE GUY! HE WAS TALKIN ABOUT THE WII BEING DA REVOLUTION BUT HOW CAN THAT BE IF IT FREEZES? REVOLUTION??? MORE LIKE. . . . . .GAYSTATION!!!! OLOLOOLOLLOLLOOLO

HA, BIG DEAL ABOUT NOTHING I GONNA MAKE!!![/COLOR]

Posted by s0ul

[quote]So... why exactly did you post this?

It was a clever way of making fun of the Nintendo fanboys who are at Sony's throat all the time.

Then again, it's pretty apparent that Sony wouldn't get so much **** if they didn't **** up so much. ;)

Posted by GameMiestro

Game freezing is serious buisiness. If they melt, global warming will destroy the earth.

that was really bad, wasn't it

Posted by Pit

This is the reason why I'm getting a PS3 over a Wii.

Posted by Bebop

I blame the blacks.

I blame the blacks that aren't even black enough to be completely black. What's up, Pit?

Posted by Fate

Quoting GameMiestro: Game freezing is serious buisiness. If they melt, global warming will destroy the earth.

that was really bad, wasn't it

But it was a laughfest when the PS3 froze up at the game show, wasn't it? :rolleyes:

No. Didn't most people say "LOL IT HAPPENS TO EVERY CONSOLE" or "THEY OVERHEATED BECAUSE THEY WERE STUCK IN PLASTIC BOXES WITHOUT PROPER VENTILATION"?

At least that's what I remember.

Posted by Fate

I think here there weren't enough responses to it, but I've seen plenty of people with negative reactions to "a sleek expensive system" overheating due to Sony making a "shoddy system". It may not have been mentioned in the TGSoverheat thread, but the negativity from separate threads carries over to others.

If you guys didn't see this thread as a parody in the first place, I don't know why I even bother. Apparently there is nothing good about Sony and Nintendo can do no wrong. I'm not out to prove once and for all that any console is superior. This was a joke.

Posted by Proto Man

Quoting Princess Fate: I think here there weren't enough responses to it, but I've seen plenty of people with negative reactions to "a sleek expensive system" overheating due to Sony making a "shoddy system". It may not have been mentioned in the TGSoverheat thread, but the negativity from separate threads carries over to others.

If you guys didn't see this thread as a parody in the first place, I don't know why I even bother. Apparently there is nothing good about Sony and Nintendo can do no wrong. I'm not out to prove once and for all that any console is superior. This was a joke.

I knew it was a joke... and I played along. :)

Quoted post: If you guys didn't see this thread as a parody in the first place, I don't know why I even bother. Apparently there is nothing good about Sony and Nintendo can do no wrong. I'm not out to prove once and for all that any console is superior. This was a joke.

No kidding. But you've gotta understand that it's far easier to like Nintendo at this point than Sony. That along with the fact that there's more Nintendo fans than Sony, and well, you've seen the result. Until Sony proves those people wrong or right, there's no point in even bothering. It just makes you look silly.

Posted by Ant

EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

Wow, every system has now freezed. I've lost all faith in gaming.

Posted by TendoAddict

Quoted post: If you guys didn't see this thread as a parody in the first place, I don't know why I even bother.

What? YOU MEAN YOU WERE JOKING?!?!

MY WORLD HAS BEEN TURNED UPSIDE DOWN! WHO DO I TRUST NOW?

Quoted post: Apparently there is nothing good about Sony and Nintendo can do no wrong.

I know lately every one seems to be on Sony case. But honestly behind all the low blow they really are not doing so hot. This is magnified When nintendo, who seems to have everyone on their side, is doing well. Its not like Sony is doomed, they just need to start making more right moves.

Posted by Bebop

Quoting Princess Fate: But it was a laughfest when the PS3 froze up at the game show, wasn't it? :rolleyes:

Wasnt it because it overheated? That's what I remember.

Posted by Fate

Quoting TendoAddict: I know lately every one seems to be on Sony case. But honestly behind all the low blow they really are not doing so hot. This is magnified When nintendo, who seems to have everyone on their side, is doing well. Its not like Sony is doomed, they just need to start making more right moves.

Yeah, I know the reputation for Sony has gone really downhill right now, but everyone seems to have forgotten the goodness of the PS2 and the stranglehold it had on the industry. People that like Nintendo to the extreme have been waiting for this moment to rise up, as if the last generation didn't exist. I'm not going to say or even predict which system will do the best, but making a purchase of a system based on previous experience shouldn't be grounds to be taunted.

Posted by Bebop

What happend last gen is irrelevant. Sony screwing up? Gutted. Their success in the past doesnt get them a sympathy vote. Nintendo never had such a thing. Why should any company be the same?

Posted by Aioros

[COLOR="Yellow"]But Nintendo's past (NES, SNES) is the reason fans stayed loyal to the company during it's less than stellar years (N64, Gamecube) when the console market crown was taken by Sony. Besides, we still don't know for sure which company will come out on top as winner of this new generation's "console war".

Regardless, i will always support the industry for as long as great games are being developed, regardless of the company name behind the games.[/COLOR]

Posted by Bebop

She was saying people who were critizing Sony's recent **** ups werent looking at its successful past and alledged goodness. It's irrelevant except for its loyal fanbase. Which doesnt count because theyll get it regardless. Nintendo didnt get this kind of treatment from people other than its loyal fanbase for its GC days where arguably some of the best games ever were released so I think it's dumb for Fate to ask the same of Sony.

Posted by Aioros

[COLOR="Yellow"]It's not fair to over-criticize the PS3 as being a completely **** up because of it being expensive among other things. It hasn't even been released yet, and there are still many years for it to leave an impression on gamers. For all we know, it could end up being the console with some of the best games ever made or positively change industry. . .or not, we don't know yet. Give it time.[/COLOR]

Posted by TendoAddict

Quoted post: Yeah, I know the reputation for Sony has gone really downhill right now, but everyone seems to have forgotten the goodness of the PS2 and the stranglehold it had on the industry.

Oh trust me, I haven't forgotten Sony's stranglehold on the industry. I still have the bruises ¬_¬ (j/k)

Its not so much that people have forgoteen. Its just that now is now and even if you did good in the past people see whats now.

Its like when the N64 came out, before the N64 Ninty hit two home runs with the NES and the SNES. But that didnt change the fact that it sank Nintendo to the bottem. They did good in years past but since they couldnt dilver when it came out it did not do well.

It seems like it works , but it doesnt.

Quoted post: People that like Nintendo to the extreme have been waiting for this moment to rise up, as if the last generation didn't exist.

Well it might as well of not exsisted compared to the spot light treatment the wii gets. Plus the uber ninty fan boys act like the last generation didnt happen because its not in the favor.

Quoted post: making a purchase of a system based on previous experience shouldn't be grounds to be taunted.

Well it depends how bad of a situation. If its really that bad then liking a system just because of the brand name is foolish. But if your buying a system that is new because you want it and it happens to be made by the same game company then no, it shouldnt be taunted.

I can only advise that you would research the product more and not go fully on the name.

Posted by Bebop

Quoting Aioros: [COLOR="Yellow"]It's not fair to over-criticize the PS3 as being a completely **** up because of it being expensive among other things. It hasn't even been released yet, and there are still many years for it to leave an impression on gamers. For all we know, it could end up being the console with some of the best games ever made or positively change industry. . .or not, we don't know yet. Give it time.[/COLOR]

You dont understand. Its not about giving it time to see what games come out. Its about Fate saying critizing a console so much is unfair becuase of its companies past. Its been happening to Nintendo for years. Why should Sony be different? Exactly. It shouldnt.

Posted by Aioros

[COLOR="Yellow"]She never said it's unfair to criticize it because of it's past or that we shouldn't, she said we shouldn't forget what Sony has done for the industry. It's right there on her first sentence.[/COLOR]

Posted by Fate

I didn't say anything about criticizing a console, I said it was unfair to make it seem like a bad decision to purchase the system based on what I purchased before from the same company. The company had some legal issues, but the games were good and I had little problems with the hardware. Their success is the MAIN REASON why I would think of getting a PS3 so quickly; I would get one anyways, but I'd wait a little if the company abandoned the PS2. If they had abandoned their system like Nintendo did, I may be skeptical. But they didn't, so I'm not.

There was a whole lot of trash talked about the 360 catching fire and crashing and being buggy and blahblahblah... But I've tried the system continuously and all that **** seems to fly right past me. We won't know a **** thing about the "winners" of this dumb war until like five years pass, when we'll see who keeps their system alive. Even if there is a clear-cut winner, it doesn't matter.

And yeah, people are so quick to forget what Sony did for the industry. It wasn't just a measly 50% hold they had on the industry, you know. It was much higher than that.

Posted by Speedfreak

[quote=s0ul]It was a clever way of making fun of the Nintendo fanboys who are at Sony's throat all the time.

Then again, it's pretty apparent that Sony wouldn't get so much **** if they didn't **** up so much. ;)

Yeah, I gotta say I wouldn't ordinarily bash Sony for some of the more minor screwups recently. It's just the fact that those minor screwups fill in the gaps between the long chain of gigantic ones that just make it easier to keep the waves of abuse coming.

Plus everyone loves when a giant goes down. To me it just means an increased chance of the eternal underdog finally taking the throne, and Nintendo definately have always been the underdog in the UK during my lifetime.

Posted by Proto Man

Wow... looks like the argument from the other thread is spilling over, lol.

Quoting Speedfreak: It's just the fact that those minor screwups fill in the gaps between the long chain of gigantic ones that just make it easier to keep the waves of abuse coming.

Plus some of us have just never liked Sony in the first place, so...

[Quote]To me it just means an increased chance of the eternal underdog finally taking the throne

Or taking it back rather. With home consoles anyway. Ninty is still the undisputed king of handhelds.

[Quote]and Nintendo definately have always been the underdog in the UK during my lifetime.

What? Even with SNES?

Posted by TendoAddict

Quoting Princess Fate: I said it was unfair to make it seem like a bad decision to purchase the system based on what I purchased before from the same company.

Well, um, it is kinda is a bad decision to go on name alone. But no one really just goes on name alone. Even die hard's do SOME research on the product.

You didn't automatically know you were going to buy the ps3 did you? You at least waited to get some facts right?

I know I didn't just say I'm getting a wii just because it was made by nintendo.

[quote]And yeah, people are so quick to forget what Sony did for the industry. It wasn't just a measly 50% hold they had on the industry, you know. It was much higher than that.

And?

People are quick to forget that without nintendo the gaming industry we know wouldn't exist. Heck with out nintendo it may of just died off in america in the mid 80's.

It doesn't that change anything though, and neither was Sony's mass calling to casual gamers.
----
I think your just afraid that the Sony dynasty will die, and that because they did good things that they should basically get all the support they can get.

But things of the past don't affect the present in this industry.

It didn't matter that Sega Created the genesis and hosted many memorable games, they got knocked out of councils.

It didn't matter that Ninty created the NES, Game boy, and the Snes, they still went to last place when the N64 came out.

And it certainly wont matter if Sony did make an exodus for casual gamers, if they don't step it up their going to have to step down.

Posted by Fate

It's not a bad thing to go on reputation alone. Sony had an obviously successful last generation, so why in the world would I doubt the next thing they have to offer?

Yes, I automatically knew I was going to buy a PS3. Why? Because it's a ****ing game system. Guess what I play? Games.

If we're pulling hypotheticals out of places, I can just retaliate and say some company would've eventually done what Nintendo did for the industry back then. Some company. Eventually.

I don't care if Sony comes in last, I care if it's wiped off the face of the gaming industry forever. You can call me out and say you dumb catty remarks about me being "afraid that the Sony dynasty will die", but remember the Nintendo defenders in past console wars that happened between the PS1 tapdancing around the N64 and the PS2 trouncing all over the GC. Nintendo defenders were obviously wrong about winning the war, and Sony defenders were wrong too in thinking that Nintendo would die. I'm not saying Sony will come out on top, I just don't want them to leave.

Sony won't go the way of Sega. They have too much money to drop out after one failure, and even that is up for speculation. I don't see how Sony is stepping down in any way.

Posted by Proto Man

Quoting Princess Fate: Because it's a ****ing game system.

Not according to Sony.

Quoted post: If we're pulling hypotheticals out of places, I can just retaliate and say some company would've eventually done what Nintendo did for the industry back then. Some company. Eventually.

Meh, I doubt it. Nintendo pretty much salvaged what was left of the game industry in the US, and wiped out the bad taste that Atari (and pretty much everyone else who went by the wayside) left in everyone's mouth. You fail to realize how bad a taste that was, but lets give the benefit of the doubt that SOME comepany SOMEWHERE somehow managed to strongarm their way in later down the road. It would be a pretty crappy situation right now, in which I don't want to try to imagine.

Quoted post: I'm not saying Sony will come out on top, I just don't want them to leave.

Personally, I don't see how it would be a bad thing.

Quoted post: Sony won't go the way of Sega.

They can't do that. Their games are too crappy. They would pretty much have to leave completely. I don't believe that Sony would leave the biz after THIS generation, but I do believe they could get the hurts put on them if they don't quit messing up.

Posted by Aioros

Quoting Proto Man: Personally, I don't see how it would be a bad thing.

[COLOR="Yellow"]G[COLOR="Yellow"]o[/COLOR]dda[COLOR="Yellow"][COLOR="Yellow"]m[/COLOR][/COLOR]n you're obtuse. This industry (which i hope you enjoy) is still a new and growing industry, and thus is susceptible to hurting itself and possibly killing itself without support and quality product. Over the past decade Sony has been one the most influential companies in this industry and has popularized it tenfold since it's premiere. It has also been a major developer and publisher of both quality and popular titles.

Being the biggest name on the market, Sony suddenly leaving would hurt the the industry in a negative way, same with Microsoft or Nintendo, why? Because competition is what helps any industry grow and better develop itself. Without competition the number of original and quality titles goes down, driving away consumers in the process. That's what happened during the Atari era.[/COLOR]

Posted by Klarth

This thread is incredibly stupid.

PS3 freezing was only funny because a small Asian man came to its rescue with a four inch fan rather than actually resetting the console as he should have done.

My Gamecube freezes near constantly. If I had a Nintendo rep to gabble Japanese and attempt to cool it down, I would be lolling.

Posted by Proto Man

Hey, I really don't care one way or the other if Sony stays or goes. I myself will probably buy a PS2 if the games I want aren't released on a Nintendo system.

Quoting Aioros: This industry (which i hope you enjoy) is still a new and growing industry.

This industry has been around since the 70's, that is pretty old methinks. Yes I do enjoy it, but Sony has never really added one ounce to that enjoyment for me. If it has for you, then fair enough. That's your opinion.

Quoted post: Over the past decade Sony has been one the most influential complanies in this industry and has popularized it tenfold since it's premiere.

Influential? The only influential thing that I ever saw was when the original Playstation came out. I do admit they did well with the CD format and all, but that is the only influential thing that comes to mind. Other than the fact that the past generation with PS2 has popped up with brats who are all about "graphix" and such, and call anything older than the PSone "too old".

Quoted post: It has also been a major developer and publisher of both quality and popular titles.

Psh... none of which have ever drawn me to want a Playstation console. The ONLY reason I want a PS2 is for Square/Enix games and Mega Man games. Besides, not one of Sony's titles compare to even the above mentioned titles, let alone a Nintendo or Sega title. Yes I have been drawn to other consoles. When I was little I always wanted a Sega console, right up to the Dreamcast (but my parents never bought them for me.)

Quoted post: Being the biggest name on the market, Sony suddenly leaving would hurt the the industry in a negative way, same with Microsoft or Nintendo, why? Because competition is what helps any industry grow and better develop itself. Without competition the number of original and quality titles goes down, driving away consumers in the process. That's what happened during the Atari era.

I agree that competition is good. But Sony goes about it wrong by focusing on the wrong things IMO. Ok, lets look at PSP... I guess it was a good thing that Sony came out with it, because Nintendo needs a run for their money every so often. On the flipside though only TWO games interest me, and they are Mega Man games.

Even with competition though, I still fail to see a record hit from Sony. NES FOR YEARS had very little competition, yet some of the best games to date have come out for it! Today if you look up what the best selling stand alone game is, it's Super Mario Brothers 3.

Posted by Pit

Protoman, the thing is that you're a nintendo fanboy. You're so stuck in their **** that rather than you actually try out new games on other consoles, if the names aren't familiar like zelda, metroid, mario, or any other franchise, despite reviews saying the games are good, you won't have it because you dislike the company for some reason but you don't even know anything about it cause you've actually put no real time trying the product than maybe your occasional stay at cousins/friends house which you probably rarely go t oand played for a total of 12 minuts because you were too baffled by the square/circle/x/ l1 l2 set up etc

Posted by TendoAddict

Quoting Princess Fate: It's not a bad thing to go on reputation alone. Sony had an obviously successful last generation, so why in the world would I doubt the next thing they have to offer?

Maybe because that they did good in the past doesn't mean they will automatically do good in the future?

Anyone who decides to buy things at least goes through a thought process. Even the most die hard fan thinks about why he wants the product. Even if its a split second. Theirs more then reputation even if you think theirs not.

Quoted post: Yes, I automatically knew I was going to buy a PS3. Why? Because it's a ****ing game system. Guess what I play? Games.

Thats a pretty dumbed down version. By your logic you would buy every system and every game because you like games and you don't think twice. In reality its deeper then that. You wouldn't buy a system that didn't offer games you liked or an experience you didn't want.

You knew you were going to buy the ps3 because it would probably have games you would enjoy, not because it just has games under a name you like.

[QUOTE]If we're pulling hypotheticals out of places, I can just retaliate and say some company would've eventually done what Nintendo did for the industry back then. Some company. Eventually.

And I can just count point just as easy

I can say that some company would have eventually done what Sony did back then.
Eventually. Hell, it probably would of been Microsoft.
-
Its not like Sony did some thing that was really mind boggling. They attracted more customers to a healthy industry, some thing that happens in many industrys.

Nintendo resurrected a dead industry from the ashes and mot only made it work, but made it good.

Quoted post: I don't care if Sony comes in last, I care if it's wiped off the face of the gaming industry forever. You can call me out and say you dumb catty remarks about me being "afraid that the Sony dynasty will die"

You're the only one that wants sony to live, which tells me you don't want them to die. No one even said they would die, the closest thing being peopel hoping that they would die which is not the same thing.

You are the one saying that just want them to live, which me means you had the fore thought of them diying.

You were the one that made a topic saying that sony will not die even though no one said they would, just hope they would.

You are the only real defender of Sony on this fourm that even that have the silly goal of sony just exsisting.

Quoted post: I just don't want them to leave.

They are NOT going to leave, you are the ONLY one here who even think that would even happen.

[quote]Sony won't go the way of Sega. They have too much money to drop out after one failure, and even that is up for speculation. I don't see how Sony is stepping down in any way.

If you are not afraid of Sony going away and then why do you keep saying things like going way of sega?

You even said why they wouldnt go out of the business right after that(which is right on the money why they are staying). But you keep saying that you want them to just live.

Heres a clue: THAY ARE NOT GOING ANYWHERE

The worse that will happen in this generation is that sony will loose the throan. Sony will still make money, they just wont be the kings they were.

edit: yay post 600

Posted by Hyper

This is outrageously rediculous.

Posted by Pit

[quote=Protoman]
Psh... none of which have ever drawn me to want a Playstation console. The ONLY reason I want a PS2 is for Square/Enix games and Mega Man games. Besides, not one of Sony's titles compare to even the above mentioned titles, let alone a Nintendo or Sega title. Yes I have been drawn to other consoles. When I was little I always wanted a Sega console, right up to the Dreamcast (but my parents never bought them for me.)

Oh ***, see this proves that you are a Nintendo fanboy and have no c lue what you're talking about.

You make a half page rant about how you're never gonna try the Sony consoles or any other console that isn't nintendo/sega related, but the reasons you do want it is for games that you're ALREADY FAMILIAR with.

You want a PS2 for square games/sega/capcom games which you know by franchise because they were ORIGINALLY ON a NINTENDO console.

So in response to your rep comment: What the heck do you know?

Well, you say the games on PS2 don't interest you because Nintendo has em', etc. Well, have you bother to play any original titles that appear only on the PS2? I mean, Ratchet and Clank, *** of War, Devil May Cry, Jak series, Tekken, Virtua fighter, Sly, Disgaea, Dark Cloud, Shadow of Colossus, Guilty Gear, Wipeout, Silent Hill, Katamari Damacy, Suikoden, Onimusha, Dynasty Warriors, Soul Calibur III, Rygar, which are alone titles besides MEGAMAN AND SONIC that are worth getting a PS2 for, nub.

Posted by Colonel

Don't worry everything will be alright.

Posted by Fate

[QUOTE=TendoAddict]You're the only one that wants sony to live, which tells me you don't want them to die. No one even said they would die, the closest thing being peopel hoping that they would die which is not the same thing.

You are the one saying that just want them to live, which me means you had the fore thought of them diying.

I am not the only person that wants them to live. Not by a long shot. People have, in fact, said that Sony will die after this generation because "they've screwed up so much". I didn't think for one second that they would die; other people did. Your reasoning sucks.

[quote]If you are not afraid of Sony going away and then why do you keep saying things like going way of sega?

I never said they'd go the way of Sega. YOU made the comparison that Sega went out of making consoles because they failed so badly. I just said they weren't heading in that direction.

And Pit ftw.

Posted by Klarth

[quote=Pit]Well, you say the games on PS2 don't interest you because Nintendo has em', etc. Well, have you bother to play any original titles that appear only on the PS2? I mean, Ratchet and Clank, *** of War, Devil May Cry, Jak series, Tekken, Virtua fighter, Sly, Disgaea, Dark Cloud, Shadow of Colossus, Guilty Gear, Wipeout, Silent Hill, Katamari Damacy, Suikoden, Onimusha, Dynasty Warriors, Soul Calibur III, Rygar, which are alone titles besides MEGAMAN AND SONIC that are worth getting a PS2 for, nub.
Ratchet and Clank, Sly and Jak are horribly generic and uninteresting. I could play much more interesting platformers on my N64, back when the genre was actually fresh. Tekken 3 was the last decent game in the series. Everything after Virtua Fighter 2 was awful. Soul Calibur III pales in comparison to SC2. Suikoden 2 was the last decent game in its series. Onimusha, Devil May Cry (two and three - one was good) and Dynasty Warriors are three of the most repetitive trainwrecks of games I've ever had the displeasure of playing. Wipeout is a horribly executed clone of F-Zero. I quite enjoyed the PSP version, though. Never played Dark Cloud. Never played Silent Hill. Never even heard of Rygar - I'll refrain on passing judgment on these franchises.

So, take away what I've just discredited and I can see five meritable franchises out of the nineteen you named. Even then, *** of War and Shadow of the Colossus don't have much going for them other than visual flair and LOTS OF EPIC ACTION OMG OMG EPIC OMG.

Posted by Pit

Quoting Klarth: Ratchet and Clank, Sly and Jak are horribly generic and uninteresting. I could play much more interesting platformers on my N64, back when the genre was actually fresh. Tekken 3 was the last decent game in the series. Everything after Virtua Fighter 2 was awful. Soul Calibur III pales in comparison to SC2. Suikoden 2 was the last decent game in its series. Onimusha, Devil May Cry (two and three - one was good) and Dynasty Warriors are three of the most repetitive trainwrecks of games I've ever had the displeasure of playing. Wipeout is a horribly executed clone of F-Zero. I quite enjoyed the PSP version, though. Never played Dark Cloud. Never played Silent Hill. Never even heard of Rygar - I'll refrain on passing judgment on these franchises.

So, take away what I've just discredited and I can see five meritable franchises out of the nineteen you named. Even then, *** of War and Shadow of the Colossus don't have much going for them other than visual flair and LOTS OF EPIC ACTION OMG OMG EPIC OMG.

See, that's your opinion. You saying that the games are terrible doesn't mean that I don't enjoy them.

To me Tekken 3 wasn't the best in the series. I highly enjoyed Virtua Fighter 4. Soul Calibur III the vs mode was better, which was why I bought it. Not for the single player mode, to me it did better than the second. Devil May Cry 2 sucked, 3 was way way way better than 1, I enjoyed Dynasty Warriors, the only failure that I had playing was the horrid PSP version, I enjoyed WipeOut fusion, i mean sure it isn't the PSP one, but that one came out, and it wasn't just a F-Zero clone as F-Zero focuses more on the racing and sheer speed, as wipeout is more weapon oriented. And I highly enojyed Ratchet and Clank, Jak, and the Sly games.

Rygar is made by Tecmo and there are similarities between it and Ninja Gaiden in terms of look and cameras, but both are action games and play entirely different.

and Five meritable? Come on. The point that I was making is that Ps2 has it's assloads of great titles going for it, whether you like em, or I like em. It's that Protoman says it HAS NOTHING GOING FOR IT other than franchises that have appereaed on the NES or SNES before said companies started giving sony more support. I mean, if you're gonna get a PS2 for the X games, and the Final Fantasy gaes cause you enjoyed them on the NES and SNES and don't bother to pick up original titles that are only exclusive to the PS2, then that's just downright close minded and retarded.

Posted by Aioros

Quoting Klarth: Ratchet and Clank, Sly and Jak are horribly generic and uninteresting.

Even then, *** of War and Shadow of the Colossus don't have much going for them other than visual flair and LOTS OF EPIC ACTION OMG OMG EPIC OMG.

[COLOR="Yellow"]OLOLOLOLLOOL, sorry a[COLOR="Yellow"]s[/COLOR]s lack of good taste in games.[/COLOR]:eek: :eek: :eek:

Posted by Fate

Not much going on except epic action? That's like saying all you do in platformers is jump.

THIS FIRST PERSON SHOOTER SUCKS! ALL YOU DO IS SHOOT WTF!

I will say this though, SotC wasn't that great.

Posted by Fate

I guess you have to have the inherent appreciation for all things gay and artsy for SotC. The game was scarily basic, yet still stunning. I remember spending hours just looking at stuff. It really was touching. It reminded me a lot of The Adventure of Link, for some reason.

Quoted post: I guess you have to have the inherent appreciation for all things gay and artsy for SotC. The game was scarily basic, yet still stunning. I remember spending hours just looking at stuff. It really was touching. It reminded me a lot of The Adventure of Link, for some reason.

No, I did the same and appreciated it just as much... but it's a game and I expected a lot more. Beyond that, there's very little to actually do. It seemed more of a demo than a full-blown game to me.

Posted by Fate

Well, I guess if you were expecting an epic adventure like every other game out there, SotC was most definitely not in that contest. It was as basic as a game could get, but to me it had a sense of grandeur with such little to do. Your only "enemy" is the colossus. I had a hard time trying to figure out if Wander was the bad guy. :(

Like every game out there? What? I was expecting SotC, except without a completely empty world and with more activities than "lol find this big thing and stab him." It was too ambitious without being ambitious enough... if you catch my drift.

But yes, the "grandeur" was there, but that's only interesting for the first couple colossi.

Posted by Klarth

Quoting Aioros: [COLOR="Yellow"]OLOLOLOLLOOL, sorry a[COLOR="Yellow"]s[/COLOR]s lack of good taste in games.[/COLOR]:eek: :eek: :eek:

lol

Posted by Pit

oh yeah okami

Posted by Proto Man

Quoting Pit: Oh ***, see this proves that you are a Nintendo fanboy and have no c lue what you're talking about.

Lol, fanboy? Biased, yes. Fanboy, heck no. If I was a fanboy, I would kiss every game Ninty made and declare it gold, which I don't. There are Nintendo games/systems that I don't like. Also, if I was a fanboy, would I recognize that yes, the Nintendo 64 was a mistake, and that Sony was better in the 32bit/64bit era?

Quoted post: You make a half page rant about how you're never gonna try the Sony consoles or any other console that isn't nintendo/sega related, but the reasons you do want it is for games that you're ALREADY FAMILIAR with.

I never said I wouldn't try anything. I just said that nothing from Sony has especially drawn me to be excited and want to rush and get one of their consoles. Also, what's wrong with the reason you just gave? As Fate said:

Quoting Princess Fate: making a purchase of a system based on previous experience shouldn't be grounds to be taunted.

I would think that the same would go for games.

Quoted post: You want a PS2 for square games/sega/capcom games which you know by franchise because they were ORIGINALLY ON a sony console.

Again, what is wrong with that? Plus most of those franchises (the ones I like anyway) were established LONG BEFORE Playstation.

[Quote]Well, you say the games on PS2 don't interest you because Nintendo has em', etc. Well, have you bother to play any original titles that appear only on the PS2? I mean, Ratchet and Clank, *** of War, Devil May Cry, Jak series, Tekken, Virtua fighter, Sly, Disgaea, Dark Cloud, Shadow of Colossus, Guilty Gear, Wipeout, Silent Hill, Katamari Damacy, Suikoden, Onimusha, Dynasty Warriors, Soul Calibur III, Rygar, which are alone titles besides MEGAMAN AND SONIC that are worth getting a PS2 for, nub.

Some of those don't really interest me. I may not have played all of them, but I do a lot of research on different games. Plus I play demos of different games as they come out. I do like SOME, but most of what's on PS2 exclusive just doesn't appeal to me.

Quoted post: I mean, if you're gonna get a PS2 for the X games, and the Final Fantasy gaes cause you enjoyed them on the NES and SNES and don't bother to pick up original titles that are only exclusive to the PS2, then that's just downright close minded and retarded.

It's retarded that I don't find MUCH of what's on PS2 that good? I agree that some are good, but again, I don't like most of what is on PS2. Also, my MAIN point is that what I DO like is THIRD PARTY.

Anyhow like YOU said:

Quoting Pit: See, that's your opinion.

Posted by Colonel

What's Nintendo best known for?

Thats quality, and I'm sure everything will be OK in the end.

Posted by Speedfreak

If you want to make a Nintendo-bashing thread then at least have the common decency to say what you're bashing in the thread title instead of using thinly-veiled sarcasm. That way I can at least be arsed to form rebuttles if need be.

Locked because this thread is just annoying to read.