Lotion, Soap, or Spit

Posted by Last Fog

When you clean your hands... prefer antibactierial lotion, liquid or bar soap, or a good spit shine.

I like the foamy soap that's only in public restrooms.

Posted by NeXidala

Liquid soap for me.

Posted by cool gamer dad

Oh **** I had the WRONG idea when I saw the thread title.

Posted by Iris

Liquid soap for cleaning, but I use lotion when I can for keeping my hands smooth.

Posted by Slade

Quoting Stinger: Oh **** I had the WRONG idea when I saw the thread title.

Same here. :/

I like old fashioned soap bars like the ones at my grandma's house the best.

Posted by Vampiro V. Empire

Quoted post: Oh **** I had the WRONG idea when I saw the thread title.

Ditto.

And liquid soap.

Posted by mis0

Quoting Last Fog: When you clean your hands... prefer antibactierial lotion, liquid or bar soap, or a good spit shine.

I like the foamy soap that's only in public restrooms.

We have foamy soap at my house. I don't really care, so long as it isn't spit (why make your hands dirtier?)

Posted by Ant

I use spit if I'm outside and there isn't any water nearby. This is only if my hands are caked in mud however.

otherwise, liquid, I guess. I'm not really that fond of washing my hands. :/

Posted by Dexter

Quoting Iris: Liquid soap for cleaning, but I use lotion when I can for keeping my hands smooth.

same

Posted by Sapphire Rose

Same.

Either foam or liquid soap does me just fine.

Posted by Xero

[COLOR="DeepSkyBlue"]Most of the time I use liquid soap.[/COLOR]

Posted by The Judge

I use liquid soap at work since there's nothing else, but I greatly prefer using bar soap.

Posted by VampchickAkasha

lotion, or liquid soap...

Posted by Sapphire Rose

Quoting The Judge: I use liquid soap at work since there's nothing else, but I greatly prefer using bar soap.

Eh, I just cant.... with how many times I've had my mouth washed out with it.... I'm just repulsed by it.

Posted by Lord of Spam

ProTip: Human saliva actually makes very poor lube.

Soap is soap. As long as it gets me clean it works. As for lotion, I'd rather let my hands/feet etc get rough; theres Less risk of injury that way.

Posted by GameMiestro

I prefer tap water, but if I have to use soap, the liquid stuff is the best.

Posted by The Judge

Quoting Sapphire Rose: Eh, I just cant.... with how many times I've had my mouth washed out with it.... I'm just repulsed by it.

Guess when you wash out enough filthy language you leave room for cocks to get in.

Posted by WackoHater2

Liquid soap.

Posted by Last Fog

'Twas the point of this thread. Figured it would get a lot of attention :)

Posted by Sapphire Rose

Quoting The Judge: Guess when you wash out enough filthy language you leave room for cocks to get in.

Well, I had planned to respond with something smartassed... but I'm actually both speechless and laughing hard enough to cough continusly.

Posted by NES Queen

Quoting GameMiestro: I prefer tap water, but if I have to use soap, the liquid stuff is the best.

if you're "washing" your hands in plain water, you may as well not bother to get them wet at all. without the soap its useless. technically you're supposed to wash with soap and water for a minimum of 15 seconds in order to actually remove a good majority of any microorganisms. 15 seconds may not seem like a long time, but considering most people only do it for <5 it certainly is.

anytime I've had gloves on I wash my hands with the liquid soap after taking the gloves off. people think that if you use gloves you don't have to wash, and that makes me laugh. if you've ever worn a pair of gloves for longer than 5mins you know how hot and sweaty and gross your hands feel when you take them off. a nice warm, moist, semi-dark (depending on the type of neoprene their made of) environment is ideal for bacterial growth. after taking off gloves that you've been wearing for say 30 minutes, your hands are like little bacteria farms just covered in that stuff. gross.

if I've just stepped into the lab to grab some papers or talk to somone, i'll use the antibacterial gel hanging up near the door (it's hands free! :cookie:). even though i personally didn't touch or work with any blood or prion, its possible someone else touched the same counter top or pen who was, and i don't want their transferred germies. and then i open the door with my elbow. :/

Posted by Last Fog

A little paranoid, are we?

Posted by Colonel

Liquid soap.

Posted by Killer Jordo

Liquid soap. I use it at the sink and in the shower. I also use lotion to keep my hands from drying out.

Posted by Hammered On

Antibacterial soap with moisturizers

Posted by Speedfreak

Fire.

Posted by The Judge

Quoting NES Queen: if you're "washing" your hands in plain water, you may as well not bother to get them wet at all. without the soap its useless. technically you're supposed to wash with soap and water for a minimum of 15 seconds in order to actually remove a good majority of any microorganisms. 15 seconds may not seem like a long time, but considering most people only do it for <5 it certainly is.

anytime I've had gloves on I wash my hands with the liquid soap after taking the gloves off. people think that if you use gloves you don't have to wash, and that makes me laugh. if you've ever worn a pair of gloves for longer than 5mins you know how hot and sweaty and gross your hands feel when you take them off. a nice warm, moist, semi-dark (depending on the type of neoprene their made of) environment is ideal for bacterial growth. after taking off gloves that you've been wearing for say 30 minutes, your hands are like little bacteria farms just covered in that stuff. gross.

if I've just stepped into the lab to grab some papers or talk to somone, i'll use the antibacterial gel hanging up near the door (it's hands free! :cookie:). even though i personally didn't touch or work with any blood or prion, its possible someone else touched the same counter top or pen who was, and i don't want their transferred germies. and then i open the door with my elbow. :/

I welcome any bacteria into my body that wishes to enter. How on earth are you ever going to develop an immunity to anything if you live yourself in a plastic bubble? Besides, the dirtiest part of your body is the underside of your fingernails, in which bacteria just plain grows, so I'm not prudent about it at all. Eat dirt, feel good.

Posted by Ch

Around these here parts, we don't use nothin'.

Posted by Last Fog

Quoting The Judge: Besides, the dirtiest part of your body is the underside of your fingernails
Not if you're a girl...

Posted by NES Queen

Quoting Last Fog: A little paranoid, are we?

I'm talking about at work, where I'm handling infectious blood and body fluids. When dealing with prion infected samles we're actually required to double glove.

I don't walk around my house wearing gloves and washing my hands every 30mins, geeze. But I do prefer my brain to be without holes in it, and my bloodstream free of HIV and HCV.

Posted by Skitzo Control

At work, I have to wash and sanitize my hands (liqiud soap and anti-bacterial lotion) an average of once every few minutes.

Posted by The Judge

Quoting NES Queen: I don't walk around my house wearing gloves and washing my hands every 30mins, geeze. But I do prefer my brain to be without holes in it, and my bloodstream free of HIV and HCV.

The downfall of knowledge can sometimes be awareness. :) It's like giving a person a book about viruses. Suddenly they start breaking down symptoms they have. Happened to me once. I thought I had influenza. :p:

Posted by ed elric

Quoting NES Queen: I'm talking about at work, where I'm handling infectious blood and body fluids. When dealing with prion infected samles we're actually required to double glove.

I don't walk around my house wearing gloves and washing my hands every 30mins, geeze. But I do prefer my brain to be without holes in it, and my bloodstream free of HIV and HCV.

this may sound retarted but can you explain how not washing your hands can put holes in your brain?

Posted by NES Queen

Quoting ed elric: this may sound retarted but can you explain how not washing your hands can put holes in your brain?

Some of the testing I do involves working with infectious [URL="http://www.cdc.gov/ncidod/dvrd/prions/"]prions.[/URL] Essentially prions are the proteins believed to cause TSE (transmissible spongiform encephalopathy - ie. mad cow disease).
-Transmissible: capable of being transmitted, either between members of a species (cow to cow) or to members of a varying species (hamburger to human)
-Spongiform: resembling a sponge. This is the definitive post-mortem characteristic appearance of the brain in animals infected with infectious prion. The brain looks like a sponge and has a ton of holes in it.
-Encephalopathy: diseases of the brain. Meaning the spongiform shape occurs in neural tissue.

There's not a whole lot known about prions just yet, but we do know that they are very hard to get rid of. Normally with bacteria you can just disinfect your countertops with a 10% bleach preparation and be 99.9% confident you have killed any organisms sitting on there. Prion isn't a bacteria, it's a protein. There's a lot of studies out there which show that despite numerous sterilization cycles, instruments contaminated with infectious prion do not lose their infectivity. Meaning that the forceps I used to pick up a peice of brain homogenate infected with prion last week still probably have trace amounts of infectious protein present on them today. Which is why the minute we step foot inside the prion lab we need to double glove and not touch anything outside of the "clean" area with a non-gloved hand.

When washing your hands the soap only kills off any microorganisms and bacteria on your hands. The physical act of rubbing your hands together during that process is what will protect against retaining any prion you may have inadvertanlty picked up. So if I make a mistake (I'm human, it happens) and pick up a pen with a non-gloved hand, washing my hands will help protect me from accidentally infecting myself with CJD. If I get CJD, I'll end up with holes in my brain. See the relation now?

Posted by Random

haha yeaaaaa

Liquid soap

Posted by ed elric

ok thanks

Posted by Slade

I was thinking, the last time I've put spit on my palms was when I was little and wanted to climb up the metal parts of playground equipment. I'd rub spit on the bottoms of my feet, too.

Anyways, I do like bar soap the most, but there's always the pube factor if you're using it in the shower. :/

Posted by Raptor

I like germs, so I tend to avoid soap whenever possible. It more often than not smells awful, anyway, and I hate the way lotion feels on my hands.

Posted by Delilah

Soap, and then after washing, hand sanitizer.

Posted by Fei-on Castor

What else could he possibly have been referencing?

Anyway, I've been known to use a good spit shine, but I also have cleaned myself with KY, many a time.

Posted by Vampiro V. Empire

Quoted post: What else could he possibly have been referencing?

lol?

Posted by Veiraza

Spitting always irked me - and this is coming from a guy that ate a spider - all of that good stuff down, I perfer simple soap, I guess if you want to be more specific, its those random ones from the mall with those beads in them. Being a typical slobby guy, I don't use lotion except during the summer ... and I learned that I need to use it the hard way [I can imagine some people interpreting this the wrong way].

Well, the skin on my heels were literally peeling and cracking during the summer since I decided to go down south for awhile - eh, I guess its not much better in the north. Temperatures in San Francisco was horrible this year. Shame I didn't take pictures, you'd all be horrified what happened to me. :(