Card RPGs

Posted by Dexter

Does anyone have any great suggestions for RPG games that use the card system? I'm in the midst of playing Baten Kaitos Origins and it's terrific. I kinda feel like I should know about other RPGs that use the card system, for the Baten games are the only ones I'm aware of, sadly.

Posted by GameMiestro

If you want to play a really good card RPG, you have to do one that is based off of a really good TGC. Pokemon and Magic are good examples (not so sure about the Magic, though, I only played one of their games).

Posted by S

Let's see... I know that there's PSO v.3, and there's a game called I *think* Kartra or Karta? I don't remember it exactly... it's a card based tactics game. Interesting concept to say the least. Those are the only two I know that aren't based on an actual card game like Magic.

Posted by GameMiestro

Pokemon Card- I love this game. You get a huge amount of cards really fast, meaning you can make whatever stupid and random decks you want without spending a fortune on booster boxes. However, if you're into tournaments, this won't serve you much good, because it only has the original sets (which most people think are the best).

Posted by Dexter

Odd, I always thought there were a bunch of card system RPG games out there, but there's actually very few.