Flaim Board

Posted by Jesse Smith

Some where a few humanoides suggested it be deleted, so here's a poll.

I vote it be turned in to a Big Brother type board where every thing is deleted, and banned members can only see that board, and only they can start threads, while the rest of us can reply to their threads!!! :wacko:

Posted by Fate

The Flame Board we used to know is a joke now. It used to be a place for fiery arguments, but now it's like a member-of-the-moment type flames or effortless spam-type threads that offer nothing other than... nothing.

Posted by Dexter

Delete it. And I don't think we have enough banned members for a Big Brother forum.

Posted by Hyper

We have Bakura, and that's enough.

Posted by Dexter

Oh yeah, I forgot. A forum dedicated to Bakura is a great idea.

Posted by Hyper

I'm all for that.

Posted by Linkman

get rid of it.

Posted by Iris

Yes, put my plan into action. Personal arguments can stay in the Community Board and we can keep the renovated flame board for our enjoyment.

Posted by Dexter

Don't be a bunch of crazies.

GET RID OF THAT FORUM FOREVERMORE!

Posted by Linkman

I agree with Dexter. Don't turn it into anything, just delete it and everything inside of it.

Posted by Iris

Jesse's going to allow banned members to post regardless, I'm sure. It's nice for them to have a place to ask why they were banned or at least have confined *****ing. Do you honestly think people like Bakura would stick with 1 account if they weren't still able to post?

If Jesse wants, I can delete the stupid flame board threads and he can merge it with CB and then create a banned members board. Community Board will be our new flame board, but with a lot less spam and dumb arguments.

Posted by Jesse Smith

Quoting Iris: I can delete the stupid flame board threads.

Ack!!!! HOW do you chicks do it!!! You're not supposed to be able to prune threads, cause of what some ones been able to do with Linkman's account!!!!! grrr!!!!!

I would hide the board, delete every thing, change the permissions and then bring the board back on as the new board.

And banned members would only be able to see that board.

Posted by Linkman

I liked how you used Bakura as the example, because he's the ONLY example. He's the only banned member here who posts in the flame board. Most members just leave once they're banned, and those who get temporarily banned just wait it out. As for letting them know why they're banned, send them a PM; that's what I do.

A Banned Members board would need to be hidden from the Registered Users usergroup, otherwise it'd just be the Flame Board with a new name. So, why make a banned members board? So Bakura can talk to himself, because so far he's the only person stupid enough to stick around after being permanently banned?

Posted by Jesse Smith

Quoting Linkman: it'd just be the Flame Board with a new name.

Except only banned members would be able to start new threads. It wouldn't be even close to da Flame Board!! We just flame banned members...after they make threads!!! Bakura provides a lot of *** and ***** entertainment!!! :wacko:

Posted by Dexter

Bakura doesn't amuse me at all.

Posted by Jesse Smith

Hmmmm....

Five say to get rid of the flame board.
Three want to keep the flame board.

Five want a Big Brother like board.
Three don't want a Big Brother board.

is two extra votes enough to get rid of it and make the Big Brother like board!!!

Posted by Iris

6 want a big brother like board and 6 want it deleted. If a few votes more on one side is enough to mod somebody, then so is this.

Posted by Linkman

I'll go for it if you can find me THREE banned people who would actually post there OTHER than Bakura.

..but you can't

There's little you can do here to get permanently banned, unless you're a complete idiot doing something you know will get you banned. People like Bakura are 1 in a million. Take a look at the list of members that have visited today. How many of them are banned? One, Bakura, THAT'S IT!

If it's a board like the Big Brother board, it'll be hidden from everyone but Bakura, the only person in the 4 years I've been here that I've seen that's been stupid enough to hang around this long after being banned. And do you actually believe this'll stop banned people from registering new accounts? It wont. :)

So far Dexter seems to be the only one besides me who sees just how stupid and pointless this idea is.

Edit: Apparently Pit does too.

Posted by Jesse Smith

Quoting Linkman: If it's a board like the Big Brother board, it'll be hidden from everyone but Bakura.

er, no. It would be seen by every one. It would just be the only board the banned members can see. Disclaimer: It was a chick that came up with da idea, and we need to give banned members some place to post so we can make fun of them, aka Bakura!! :D

And yes, there are other banend members that have posted. They are just as n00biesh as Bakura. Is Aslan banned!! :D

Posted by Pit

Durr. I mean, Linkman is right.

Let's make a board for one member so he can just sit there and make various threads asking to be unbanned.

I'll just finish my arguement with etc and be on my way.

etc.

Posted by Fate

Wait a sec, couldn't regular members post in the Big Brother board?

Posted by Iris

No.

It'll be a board for banned members to post. Temp ban or permanent, they can do whatever they want there, maybe embarass themselves. It should be the only visible board for them, like it was for the big brother people, and everyone else can watch them.

Posted by Jesse Smith

Every one would be able to reply to threads they create.

Posted by Iris

So, then it's not like the big brother boards. :D

Posted by Dexter

It would be more enjoyable if regular members could reply to their threads.

Posted by Linkman

so Bakura makes threads, and people insult him.

SOUNDS LIKE THE FLAME BOARD WE HAVE NOW!

Posted by Dexter

That's all I seem to discover from that forum. I really don't think a Big Brother forum would offer us much amusement at all.

Posted by Iris

Well, you want the flame board to be deleted. I suppose we can just block banned members from the site completely! That won't make any problems!

Posted by Dexter

IP ban? :confused:

Posted by Linkman

I've been working with vB a lot lately. Jesse can make it so banned members can't even see the forum, let along post. He's not about to do that though. I guess it kinda depends what they actually do to get banned. One thing I've done though is create 2 banned groups. One is soft banned (for temp bans), they can edit their profile, view forums, etc.. and Expel bans (for permanet bans), which are for people you want completely gone. I kinda did it because of the infraction system, because you have to set automatic bans and stuff. Works though.

HEY JESSE, VBULLETIN 3.6.2 (3.6.0 and 3.6.1 had glitches, so get 3.6.2!) NOW PLEASE!!

Posted by Iris

Well fine, we can do this. Just know I'll be extra sure to enforce the "No new accounts for banned members" rule. :D They'll have to go without posting for as long as their ban lasts.

Posted by Jesse Smith

Quoting Linkman: HEY JESSE, VBULLETIN 3.6.2 (3.6.0 and 3.6.1 had glitches, so get 3.6.2!) NOW PLEASE!!

But, but, but...it requires a php upgrade!! Remember da last time I tried doing that!!!

Posted by Dexter

Be courageous, Jesse. Give us some action! Where's that statistic hack you promised me? :(

Posted by Jesse Smith

Quoting Dexter: Where's that statistic hack you promised me? :(

I never promisted any hack. Hard to add a hack when it's not made!!!! Version 2 hacks don't work on version 3!!!!

Posted by Linkman

A statistic hack would be hard on vB3. When it changed over from vB2, it became a lot more complicated.

Posted by Dexter

Doesn't it only take one guy to go in and figure out what it takes, then everyone can use whatever the code is? :confused:

Posted by Linkman

Yeah, but that guy would have to be a webmaster genious. Jesse is just a kickass SEO; a horrible webmaster. :(

If I understood vBulletin well enough, I'd create it, because I loved that hack.

Posted by Jesse Smith

Quoting Dexter: Where's that statistic hack you promised me? :(

er, are u talking about da leaderboard hack that shows how long every one has been on and how much money they could of made if they had instead of having spent all that time here, spent it at a real job!!! er, blaim Hyper for not making that!!! :D

Posted by Linkman

Hyper can't hack, not that good.

Posted by Hyper

stfu yes I can I just don't have the time or motivation anymore :mad: