MySpace Music

Posted by WackoHater2

Does anyone use MySpace Music to find new bands to listen to? I do sometimes. Normally I'll just look up some songs that I see posted in the Currently Playing thread, but MySpace music is also a good way to find some new, cool music. Anyway, I obviously use it. How about you?

Posted by Dexter

I've heard plenty of music from Myspace, but I don't use it to search for new artists. Sometimes people recommend that I give someone a listen and I do, but that’s about it. I don't think I've ever discovered a band from Myspace that I liked much.

Posted by G-Sides

Every now and then I'll come across a good band on myspace, and most of the time it's on accident. Myspace is how I discovered A Beautiful Lotus and An Albatross. 8-)

Posted by WackoHater2

MySpace is how I discovered one of my favorite hip-hop bands, DaCaV5.

Posted by Vampiro V. Empire

Only once have I used it, and that was for Diablo Swing Orchestra since I couldn't find it anywhere else.

Posted by Shin-Ra

I've never used myspace music to look for new artists. For that I use Last.fm, DC++, Bit Torrent, megaupload/rapidshare archive sites and forums, and sometimes word of mouth all in combination with metal-archives. That or I'll go and blindly buy tapes from websites.

Posted by Vg200x

I have to sadly raise my hand on this one, I have about 200 bands on my page because i have found alot of heavy metal bands that I'v never heard before from other countries and I also like stoner rock so I have found a few new bands that are in that genre .. and i use to find certain songs like. paralyzed by man kills boy and the OK Go song.

Posted by Fate

I like having bands in my Top 8. All the drama goes away!

I don't look for new artists, just ones that I've listened to before.

Posted by Bj Blaskowitz

omg wuts you guys' myspace?
I found out about Idlewild's new album on myspace, as well as I like that lots of bands let you hear their new music on myspace, which is helpful when you don't have those headphones listening things handy. I also discovered Gnarls Barkley on Myspace. I kept seeing that annoying advertisement for them on the main page and finally gave em a listen. Glad that I did.

Posted by Slade

I just found out that sometimes that "download" button on myspace music pages can actually be pressed, so I've been looking around a bit more. I've found interesting things to listen to, but nothing super spectacular.

Posted by Raptor

I have a couple tactics I use while searching for new music to get into. I often check the "related artists" section at Amazon.com, or check user recommendation lists from customers who seem to have roughly the same tastes I do. That, and wander into Soulseek chatrooms corresponding to my genres of interest just to see what music people are talking about. I've never been to myspace in my life.

Posted by Omni

I've never been to myspace, either. Everybody I know has one, and they're always surprised that I don't. I also wouldn't want to use it to find music, because I usually find things either by hearing them or by word of mouth, and I don't listen to anything way underground.

Posted by Klarth

I don't use it to scope out new bands - I use iTunes' store's sampling feature for that. However, I did rely on Myspace music and public PCs during the three or four months earlier this year when I didn't have a computer or an MP3 player.